Nic's Beverly Hills
453 North Canon Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Nic's Beverly Hills
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nicsbeverlyhills.com/
- Phone: 3105505707
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Wednesday, 4pm to midnight
Thursday through Saturday, 4pm to 2am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Larry Nicola
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Nic's caters and plans spectacular events for any occasion ranging from 10-1000 guests.
- Private Party Facilities: Nic's is available for private parties from 12-200 guests. For additional information visit our web site at: www.NicsBeverlyHills.com
- Private Party Contact: Derek J. Lester 3105505707
- Entertainment: DJ spinning Lounge beats: Monday - Thursday, 6pm
Live "beatNIC" Entertainment (rotating bands): Friday - Saturday, 9:30pm
- Special Events: Nic's Beverly Hills can accommodate casual Cocktail Parties or formal Dinner Parties. For more information, visit our web site :www.NicsBeverlyHills.com
A word from Nic's Beverly Hills
Nic's Beverly Hills is the best kept secret in Beverly Hills. It's where celebs mingle quietly with the local crowd, it's the cheers bar with a martini attitude. Nic's features the VODBOX: a walk-in, drink-in exhibition freezer, showcasing the world's finest vodkas, hand selected by Larry Nicola the Vodkateur. Guests don faux fur coats while inside the VODBOX sipping vodka flights. Nic's Beverly Hills is the fusion of a modern supper club and a stylish, bohemian cocktail lounge that invites guests to enjoy an invigorating mix of flavorful contemporary American, Californian cuisine, artisan cocktails, an artistic interior decor and regular live entertainment in a lively, yet intimate atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Nic's Beverly Hills - Best Restaurants in Beverly Hills ›
Nic's Beverly Hills reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (15)hot spot (12)fit for foodies (11)romantic (10)special occasion (9)good for groups (7)neighborhood gem (6)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Just okHolden94Dined on 9/11/2014Came here with a work group party and say outside. Very nice ambiance. Martinis were strong but delicious. Our server was obnoxious and acted like a know it all. Not helpful. Overall great experience based on drinks and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No birthday celebrationRunwayDined on 8/8/2014I was celebrating my hundred 5th birthday. When I called for reservations I explained that it would be my husband's birthday. The young lady explained that the restaurant would provide a slice of cake for him. No one offered his any dessert for his birthday. I mentioned it again to the manager and he said no problem. We waited a while after dinner and did not receive anything. I was disappointed about that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud,but fun atmosphere, great foodfoodienoobDined on 7/25/2014Fun bar scene, and enjoyed out DineLA experience greatly. Service was wonderful, and food was great. Drinks were a bit pricey, but absolutely delicious and very creative. The music was a bit too loud and the band was even louder, but was a lot of fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DineLAVeroStradaVIPDined on 7/25/2014We had dinner on a Friday night and tried the DineLA menu. It was fantastic. We had oysters, the burger, the swordfish, and chocolate cake for dessert. Service was great and the ambiance was fun. Very cool LA/BH scene with young and older folks all having a good time. The live band was setting up as we were leaving, will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night @ Nic'ssharmonDined on 7/22/2014Great martini's...good food...good tunes...good times!Special Features:
- DineLA restaurant experience, NicsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014As the restaurant was part of DineLA, we could not resist going there as the set menu looked divine. The service was good and the food was spectacular. Even the owner Nic came by to say Hi. Nice atmosphere also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great findDisappointedVIPDined on 5/31/2014Had tickets to Annenberg and the special menu was great. Food delicious and service greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ask for the Pre-theater MenuMBMomDined on 5/30/2014We had tickets for the Wallace Theater and Nic's is a short walk. My friend picked it because they advertised a pre-theater menu. That is not the menu we were given even when we said we had a show at 8. We asked and were given the other menu after some wait. We allowed plenty of time, having made our reservation for 5:30 but service was not fast and I had to flag down our server for the bill and send payment with another when he did not return to collect it. We made it to the theater with only 5 minutes to spare. The food was very good though, the service is friendly and the atmosphere is pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but Expensiveshell2020Dined on 5/21/2014Very nice place with chi-chi decor. Very expensive, although that is par for the neighborhood. Our bill was $250 for four drinks, two appetizers, three entrees, and one dessert. Wish we'd gone during Happy Hour, when bar food is all $7 (including a couple of desserts) and there are $7 martini specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 306 reviews are from the Nic's Beverly Hills reviews archive.
- Cannot recommend!SherylVIPDined on 5/17/2014Thought the food was very good and the service okay the noise was intolerable. We couldn't hear the person next to us and the table of 6 men next to us were shouting at one another just to be heard. It was very uncomfortable and disappointing. Why do restauranteurs think that diners DON'T want to visit??? You can only eat here - a true "pigs at the trough experience" We won't go back.
- Nic's is terrific!ElkanRealtorVIPDined on 5/14/2014We enjoyed Nic's very much! The ambiance, service, food and martinis were all excellent! We will definitely return and we recommend it.Special Features:
- Hot Hot HotCaliforniaGirlDined on 5/10/2014Want a trendy place for over 30? This is it. Want live music, Saturday nights, this is it. Want a great bar? You got it, this is it. Romantic, great vibe, dress up or casual (not that I recommend casual on a Saturday night, but I saw it here). Taste test around the menu, without having typical entrees... love Nic's for that. Just 2 blocks from fabulous Rodeo Drive, has great valet parking (Victor and Ariel are so sweet) Been here many times and love it each time... We love it!!!Special Features:
- Worth the DrivePatsyandEdinaDined on 5/8/2014We wanted to experience the Vod Box (which was extremely awesome because it was freezing cold and Inez is quite knowledgeable about the vodkas) and the food turned out to exceed our expectations. The short ribs are to die for! Great drinks. Great service. Great food. Definitely worth the 7 hour drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerStevoDined on 4/22/2014food, drink and service was xlnt! the owners daughter worked the room to perfection; checking to make sure everyone was satisfied with their eveningSpecial Features:
- I treated my girlfriend tokivyDined on 4/12/2014I treated my girlfriend to a birthday dinner at Nic's. We both had a blast. The food was amazing, great drinks, and attentive service. Thank you for a lovely experience.Special Features:
- Terrible servicedineoutDined on 4/11/2014THE WAITER WAS VERY RUDE! He hid his self behind the curtain my sister had the duck and it took over an hour to come out we we're ask did we want more cocktails the first time came there in 2012 it was nice we met the owner and everything. This have change since then....!
- Elegant restaurant, delicious foodDebbieDined on 4/5/2014Enjoyed a wonderful, romantic dinner on our anniversary. The food was very good, the waiter was very attentive. We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitress ruined it!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/24/2014I wish we knew her name but she never told us, but can be identified by her tattooed wrists, lack of energy, sense of entitlement is obnoxious, and her constant sour face. Otherwise, the food is incredible and the deals are great. Michaela, the manager that night, resolves issues quickly and is wonderful. Just beware of wait staff....It took 3 hours for apps and drinks and to get the orders straight. Left the worse tip I have in my entire life.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeSansDined on 3/14/2014Food was amazing. Live music was great. And you have to check out the vodka tasting freezer!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just vodkaspokanesnowbirdVIPDined on 2/22/2014Perfect for pre-theatre. Food is inventive and delicious. Don't miss the watermelon salad. Can be quite happy with small bites or complete dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spotNikkiDined on 2/15/2014The band was awesome and super cozy neighborhood gem...had a great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best spot for dinner beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/15/2014Best spot for dinner before a play at the New Wallis Annenberg Performing Arts Center. The Food and Service is fabulous. Lite bites to share., must try the Lobster Beignets and Vodka cured Salmon. Can't wait to go back an experience VodboxSpecial Features:
- romantic spot for special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014The food and service was excellent, great ambient lighting. My Valentine's with my girl was perfect! Thank you!Special Features:
- 15th Valentine's Day TogetherHectorDined on 2/14/2014I took out my wife for our 15th Valentine's Day together. The ambiance was great. Live Latino band for the Latin Lovers theme that day. All of the women in service wore a rose in their hair and they were absolutely beautiful. The service men wore red bow ties. Made me wish I wore one too. Our server, a beautiful woman that was ice cold. She didn't smile and when we asked her about the menu, she was quickly annoyed and responded, "I will come back to you when you're ready". She was quite dismissive through out the night. We proceeded to review the extensive Martini list. A different server gave us our drinks and she was a doll. The food was good. My favorite, prawns, fideo with black beans. However, our principal server was less than par.Special Features:
- Martinis and moreEatingLAVIPDined on 1/3/2014Nic's is one of those places that never gets tiring. On this occasion, we were celebrating a friend's 60th birthday party. He is a Vodka afficionado who had somehow never made it to Nic's. He was like a kid in a candy store as we treated him to a VodBox experience, tasting 9 different vodkas. All of the food was delicious, but the Swordfish was a standout...succulent and flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must try lobster beignetsBFollVIPDined on 12/28/2013The blueberry filet was good but not amazing. the duck was absolutely delicious, but by far the highlight of the meal was ordering the lobster beignets. They are absolutely delicious. Little powdered sugar donut balls with a generous bite of lobster on the inside and this spicy sauce drizzled on top. Any description will not do it justice. I literally ordered it 3 times throughout the meal (2 during dinner, one for dessert).Special Features:
- Service ruined experiencebdawg12345Dined on 12/13/2013First the reservation was wrong ( I made the reservation for 6 and they set up for 4) - then it took 30 min for then to fix the problem to get us a table that seats 6. Then the service was slow and bad- better service is at common restaurants like Cheesecake Factory. We won't be going back here. Food and entertainment was very good though. Elaine Gibbs performed and it was outstanding singing. When they get their service to catch up this will be a decent place- until then go elsewhere.
- Excellent Food and ServiceMikeDined on 12/7/2013Nik's is just amazing. The food, the service, the setting is all perfect. I had the best half-chicken dinner I have ever eaten and the appetizers were perfect. Every employee we came in contact with provided 3 first class service. Please try out Nik's, you won't regret it.Special Features:
- I love this place. The vibeCYAbuyDined on 11/30/2013I love this place. The vibe is awesome. Great music, food and décor, all the things I require for an enjoyable dining experience. We also tried the Vodka box, which was really fun. I recommend it for the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would only recommend thisLuv2dineDined on 11/23/2013I would only recommend this place for the vodbox experience.Special Features:
- Fantastic!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/20/2013The best rib eye and sword fish I have tasted, possibly ever. They made my bday dinner special in every way. The evening was absolutely perfect in all aspects. Looking forward to going back to experience the VodBox.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happening dinner spotOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/16/2013I have frequented Nic's in the past, but this night was exceptional. Food was great and the Vodbox is always a fun and unique experience. I would highly recommend this Beverly Hills haunt. We had the Nic's fried oysters which is a must. There were six in our party and everyone enjoyed their meal. From a special salmon dish to short ribs, burgers and pork - everyone raved about their meal. Treat yourself to something special. And try the Vodbox.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAMZING FOOD/AMBIANCEAKestDined on 11/16/2013The food and wine were amazing and the staff was very welcoming and accommodating. I went on a date here and sat on the balcony while enjoying an ocean view and the sound of crashing waves. There were heat lamps so it was comfortable to sit outside on a cooler night. This restaurant is very classy/romantic/relaxing and the food is top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service ... EXCELLENTfuncoupleDined on 11/15/2013We came for a night of great food and dancing.. The usual group was not there even though I inquired when making the reservations.. We still had fun but had our hearts set for dancing.. NEXT TIME!!!Special Features:
- Awful serviceTheHammerDined on 11/9/2013Food was really good. Unfortunately the service was absolutely awful. Only the doorman seemed to know what was going on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drinks onlyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/2/2013I'd come here again for the cocktails. Food was overpriced, small portions, and too salty. The cocktails were fantastic. Didn't make it into the vodbox as my date was too grumpy after a mediocre meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this restaurant! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2013I love this restaurant! The food is really fabulous and inventive. We had an incredible stuffed pasilla pepper with some divine cheese and crispy lamb. They have a fabulous cocktail menu. And for a hip and happening spot, the tables are small and you can actually hear yourself talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a different night out in LAkimberflyDined on 10/22/2013We were visiting LA and just loved our evening at Nic's- it is well reviewed and a neighborhood mainstay, but was completely un-crowded on a Monday night- food- very good and we put our faux fur coats and hats on and headed into the Vodka Freezer for a unique experience learning about and tasting some high price vodkas- nastrovia!Special Features:
- One of the best dinners EVER.waltDined on 10/3/2013Food excellent. Service WOW. Dronks and the wine list are just excellent, too. One of the best cheffs in the USA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Talk about service!NewMamaVIPDined on 9/27/2013We brought our newbie in af work n it happen to be HH. The amazing beautiful waitress seamlessly served us n our ever growing number of colleagues popping by to meet the baby. She was quick, friendly, n gave us all separate checks. Prob 2 doz total throughout the night extending to after HH. She repeated the menu even to ppl present to hear it to someone sitting next to them. With the frequent coming n going of guests she still never missed a beat bringing out hot dishes n cold drinks. Of crs, food wise...HELLLLOOO it's Nic's. yummmmmySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.