Nic's Beverly Hills
453 North Canon Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Nic's Beverly Hills
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nicsbeverlyhills.com/
- Phone: (310) 550-5707
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Wednesday, 4pm to midnight
Thursday through Saturday, 4pm to 2am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Larry Nicola
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Nic's caters and plans spectacular events for any occasion ranging from 10-1000 guests.
- Private Party Facilities: Nic's is available for private parties from 12-200 guests. For additional information visit our web site at: www.NicsBeverlyHills.com
- Private Party Contact: Derek J. Lester 3105505707
- Entertainment: DJ spinning Lounge beats: Monday - Thursday, 6pm
Live "beatNIC" Entertainment (rotating bands): Friday - Saturday, 9:30pm
- Special Events: Nic's Beverly Hills can accommodate casual Cocktail Parties or formal Dinner Parties. For more information, visit our web site :www.NicsBeverlyHills.com
A word from Nic's Beverly Hills
Nic's Beverly Hills is the best kept secret in Beverly Hills. It's where celebs mingle quietly with the local crowd, it's the cheers bar with a martini attitude. Nic's features the VODBOX: a walk-in, drink-in exhibition freezer, showcasing the world's finest vodkas, hand selected by Larry Nicola the Vodkateur. Guests don faux fur coats while inside the VODBOX sipping vodka flights. Nic's Beverly Hills is the fusion of a modern supper club and a stylish, bohemian cocktail lounge that invites guests to enjoy an invigorating mix of flavorful contemporary American, Californian cuisine, artisan cocktails, an artistic interior decor and regular live entertainment in a lively, yet intimate atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Nic's Beverly Hills - Best Restaurants in Beverly Hills ›
Nic's Beverly Hills reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (28)hot spot (20)good for groups (19)special occasion (18)neighborhood gem (16)fit for foodies (13)late-night find (13)romantic (6)notable wine list (4)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- The food was great. I didn't expect it to be thatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014The food was great. I really didn't expect it to be. Their martinis were perfect. I'm kind of disappointed that I didn't go in the vodka freezer. Next time for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great time at Nic'sSudsyDined on 11/21/2014Nic's has long been a favorite spot of mine. The service is great, friendly and attentive. I love the selection of house martini's and the wine list is good. And you can drink Vodka like you're in Siberia in the VOD BOX. Nic's has an innovative menu, love the Steak with Blueberries, a Nic's classic. We had Scallops, they were Devine. When the live music started the place got a little more lively but the volume was not overpowering. We could easily converse during the sets. And be sure to say hi to Larry Nicola, the owner, who is often on premises to ensure the good times roll!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VodBox tasting Saturday nightLAfoodieVIPDined on 11/15/2014Went with a small group for a birthday celebration to try to Vodka Box Ice box tasting. We had a reservation but it was only for dining so instead we paid the cover charge on a Saturday night (which we did not know about) And the Vodka tasting was about $30 a person. There were lots of birthday groups there (crowded than expected). The hostess was very nice and friendly. We did wait a while for the ice box tasting room but it was fun to try it. Recommend this place for a fun new experience and some good vodka.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/15/2014Excellent service; very accommodating. Great bar/dining menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- drinks food great poor vod box servDonpaksDined on 11/8/2014Good drinks great food bad vod box host asked multiple times to be put on the list for the vod tasting and it seems no one was interested in making it possible bad for the owner im sure he wouldnt be happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie57Dined on 11/8/2014Great place for great drinks. Great food and the atmosphere is vibrant.Special Features:
- DisappointedVIPDined on 11/8/2014great place. and in my neighborhood. will definitely come back. loved the latin music on Sat eve and am told that there is Brazilian night on FridaySpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014I was very pleased with the service and over all cleaniness of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- upgradeyouUpgradeyouDined on 10/31/2014I've been to Nic's before that’s why I booked my birthday dinner party there on 10/31/2014 Halloween but unfortunately it was very disappointing the staff failed to mention that they would be closing early at 12am and there is usually a live band but on Halloween there was a Lame DJ playing old early 80's wanta be hip hop rap I guess I don’t know my experience for my birth day was not that greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful place to entertainPatuTatuDined on 10/28/2014Great ambiance and super fun. Had out of towners' to entertain and they were beyond thrilled at the location and the charm of this place a definite 'go to' for other business meetings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a 30's age group.RickDined on 10/28/2014We were a party of 4 60s age group, we enjoyed ourselves, but we thought that this was appealing to a younger age group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible ServicedrexcamDined on 10/27/2014I went to Nic's to celebrate my birthday (on a not so busy Monday night) and had a terrible experience. My waiter was very inattentive and every time I ordered a martini it took forever to come. I accidentally spilled one of my martinis, I told my waiter, and he didn't even get a bus boy to clean it up, I cleaned it myself, and to top it off he still charged me for it. At the end of the night, my server WROTE in his tip with a pen and labeled it "service charge" and claimed that the computer was broken so he had to write that in. Lastly, my friend overheard another guest getting sang to for her birthday and pointed out that they closed my check and told me happy birthday but didn't even sing to me. Overall, bad experience. Not worth it.Special Features:
- Nic's is perfectBradmuzicDined on 10/24/2014We've been before, but Friday night was fantastic. Every bite of food had its own wonderful character, prepared with care and precision. The bar menu is amazing due to the extensive collection of world-class vodkas and the wonderful martinis made with them. And maybe better than anything is the service. It seems everybody is genuinely happy to be working there and the best waiter we have ever had PERIOD is Pablo! Can't wait to go again.Special Features:
- Enjoyable VisitLuvswatercantswimDined on 10/10/2014I am not from the LA (or even CA) area, but went there with 3 other girlfriends to have drinks in celebration of a birthday. The drinks, appetizers and service were all excellent. I will definitely make a stop during my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice time.amyloDined on 10/4/2014Yummy food, very happy with all we ordered. Fav dish: lobster begnet. Yum! They have a vodka fridge where you can go and try some flavoured vodka. Fun, you put on a fur coat and hat. $21 for 3 shots. Try the chocolate vodka. Worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUStravelbugDined on 9/20/2014I just celebrated a special birthday with a group of my best friends at Nic's. Everyone was so accommodating and friendly. We were all impressed with the staff. The hosts gladly watched our gift bags while we were in the vodbox, our vodka sommelier was extremely knowledgeable, the waitress kindly altered our cocktails until we were satisfied, and the manager even adjusted the air when we mentioned it was too cold. To top off the evening, the singer from the band, Pablo, was warm and personable by introducing himself to our table and singing Happy Birthday to me! It's been a few years since I had been to Nic's and I now am planning two other special group dinners because of the excellent service and experience. Thank you sooo much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- theharshtruthDined on 9/13/2014The ambiance and the food were great. The hostess and the waiter (Sean) were pretty aloof and had some sort of unpleasant attitude. They acted as if they were the owners of the place and were doing us a favor to let us be there. There are lots of pseudo actors and actresses in LA trying to make a living, right? Oh, well..It's kind of pathetic but very prevalent in the BH bar scene.I had a lot of fun with my friends despite the nonsense. I could've made a big deal and even gotten those little people fired but I choose not to because I felt sorry for them. It must be pretty hard to feel diminished in your profession.We ended up tipping them well 'cause they need our money...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okHolden94VIPDined on 9/11/2014Came here with a work group party and say outside. Very nice ambiance. Martinis were strong but delicious. Our server was obnoxious and acted like a know it all. Not helpful. Overall great experience based on drinks and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 314 reviews are from the Nic's Beverly Hills reviews archive.
- No birthday celebrationRunwayDined on 8/8/2014I was celebrating my hundred 5th birthday. When I called for reservations I explained that it would be my husband's birthday. The young lady explained that the restaurant would provide a slice of cake for him. No one offered his any dessert for his birthday. I mentioned it again to the manager and he said no problem. We waited a while after dinner and did not receive anything. I was disappointed about that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud,but fun atmosphere, great foodfoodienoobDined on 7/25/2014Fun bar scene, and enjoyed out DineLA experience greatly. Service was wonderful, and food was great. Drinks were a bit pricey, but absolutely delicious and very creative. The music was a bit too loud and the band was even louder, but was a lot of fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DineLAVeroStradaVIPDined on 7/25/2014We had dinner on a Friday night and tried the DineLA menu. It was fantastic. We had oysters, the burger, the swordfish, and chocolate cake for dessert. Service was great and the ambiance was fun. Very cool LA/BH scene with young and older folks all having a good time. The live band was setting up as we were leaving, will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night @ Nic'ssharmonDined on 7/22/2014Great martini's...good food...good tunes...good times!Special Features:
- DineLA restaurant experience, NicsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014As the restaurant was part of DineLA, we could not resist going there as the set menu looked divine. The service was good and the food was spectacular. Even the owner Nic came by to say Hi. Nice atmosphere also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great findDisappointedVIPDined on 5/31/2014Had tickets to Annenberg and the special menu was great. Food delicious and service greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ask for the Pre-theater MenuMBMomDined on 5/30/2014We had tickets for the Wallace Theater and Nic's is a short walk. My friend picked it because they advertised a pre-theater menu. That is not the menu we were given even when we said we had a show at 8. We asked and were given the other menu after some wait. We allowed plenty of time, having made our reservation for 5:30 but service was not fast and I had to flag down our server for the bill and send payment with another when he did not return to collect it. We made it to the theater with only 5 minutes to spare. The food was very good though, the service is friendly and the atmosphere is pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but Expensiveshell2020Dined on 5/21/2014Very nice place with chi-chi decor. Very expensive, although that is par for the neighborhood. Our bill was $250 for four drinks, two appetizers, three entrees, and one dessert. Wish we'd gone during Happy Hour, when bar food is all $7 (including a couple of desserts) and there are $7 martini specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cannot recommend!SherylVIPDined on 5/17/2014Thought the food was very good and the service okay the noise was intolerable. We couldn't hear the person next to us and the table of 6 men next to us were shouting at one another just to be heard. It was very uncomfortable and disappointing. Why do restauranteurs think that diners DON'T want to visit??? You can only eat here - a true "pigs at the trough experience" We won't go back.
- Nic's is terrific!ElkanRealtorVIPDined on 5/14/2014We enjoyed Nic's very much! The ambiance, service, food and martinis were all excellent! We will definitely return and we recommend it.Special Features:
- Hot Hot HotCaliforniaGirlDined on 5/10/2014Want a trendy place for over 30? This is it. Want live music, Saturday nights, this is it. Want a great bar? You got it, this is it. Romantic, great vibe, dress up or casual (not that I recommend casual on a Saturday night, but I saw it here). Taste test around the menu, without having typical entrees... love Nic's for that. Just 2 blocks from fabulous Rodeo Drive, has great valet parking (Victor and Ariel are so sweet) Been here many times and love it each time... We love it!!!Special Features:
- Worth the DrivePatsyandEdinaDined on 5/8/2014We wanted to experience the Vod Box (which was extremely awesome because it was freezing cold and Inez is quite knowledgeable about the vodkas) and the food turned out to exceed our expectations. The short ribs are to die for! Great drinks. Great service. Great food. Definitely worth the 7 hour drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerStevoVIPDined on 4/22/2014food, drink and service was xlnt! the owners daughter worked the room to perfection; checking to make sure everyone was satisfied with their eveningSpecial Features:
- I treated my girlfriend tokivyDined on 4/12/2014I treated my girlfriend to a birthday dinner at Nic's. We both had a blast. The food was amazing, great drinks, and attentive service. Thank you for a lovely experience.Special Features:
- Terrible servicedineoutDined on 4/11/2014THE WAITER WAS VERY RUDE! He hid his self behind the curtain my sister had the duck and it took over an hour to come out we we're ask did we want more cocktails the first time came there in 2012 it was nice we met the owner and everything. This have change since then....!
- Elegant restaurant, delicious foodDebbieDined on 4/5/2014Enjoyed a wonderful, romantic dinner on our anniversary. The food was very good, the waiter was very attentive. We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitress ruined it!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/24/2014I wish we knew her name but she never told us, but can be identified by her tattooed wrists, lack of energy, sense of entitlement is obnoxious, and her constant sour face. Otherwise, the food is incredible and the deals are great. Michaela, the manager that night, resolves issues quickly and is wonderful. Just beware of wait staff....It took 3 hours for apps and drinks and to get the orders straight. Left the worse tip I have in my entire life.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeSansDined on 3/14/2014Food was amazing. Live music was great. And you have to check out the vodka tasting freezer!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just vodkaspokanesnowbirdVIPDined on 2/22/2014Perfect for pre-theatre. Food is inventive and delicious. Don't miss the watermelon salad. Can be quite happy with small bites or complete dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spotNikkiDined on 2/15/2014The band was awesome and super cozy neighborhood gem...had a great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best spot for dinner beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/15/2014Best spot for dinner before a play at the New Wallis Annenberg Performing Arts Center. The Food and Service is fabulous. Lite bites to share., must try the Lobster Beignets and Vodka cured Salmon. Can't wait to go back an experience VodboxSpecial Features:
- romantic spot for special occasionjust1nDined on 2/14/2014The food and service was excellent, great ambient lighting. My Valentine's with my girl was perfect! Thank you!Special Features: