Nico's Restaurant and Bar
201 N. Elm St, Suite 105
Greensboro, NC 27401Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Nico's Restaurant and Bar
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.nicosrestaurantandbar.com/
- Phone: 3362859866
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Wednesday closed, The restaurant is available for
Lunch: Thursday-Friday: 11:30am-2:00pm
Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 5:30pm-9pm
Dinner: Friday-Saturday: 5:30pm-10pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Brian Dicey
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Nico's now provides catering. Call to set up an appointment today!
- Private Party Facilities: Nico's will offer a private dining room equipped with a 60" plasma TV, data hookups, wireless microphone, and seating for 32 people.
- Private Party Contact: Nico Scavone 3365499765
- Special Events: On Mondays nights, if you buy one main course, you will receive a complimentary glass of house Italian wine!
We also provide a Taste of Italy on Tuesday nights with 5 courses each with a half glass of wine for $40.
Or come in on Wednesdays and get a half caraff of red or white house wine for only $8.00!
Finally, every Friday we host Jazz Night 10pm-1am. Hope to see you there!
- Cross Street: W. Friendly Ave.
- Public Transit: GTA bus stops located within a block of the restaurant In addition, the Greensboro Depot, a hub for Greyhound and GTA, is located within a 10 minute walk from the restaurant.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: The parking lot labeled Center Pointe Parking is available for Nico's Restaurant and Bar's guests. Enjoy close, easy-to-find parking! It is a fenced-in lot located just north of the restaurant.
Downtown Greensboro offers free parking after 6 pm on weekdays and all day/evening on the weekend. Parking can be found on the same city block as Nico's Restaurant and Bar in the Bellemede or Green Street parking deck.
A word from Nico's Restaurant and Bar
Nico's brings the authentic flavors and aromas of Southern Italy to Downtown Greensboro, right across from Center City Park. We serve gelato, pasta, mozzarella, bread and ricotta-filled cannoli all made from scratch daily in our kitchen. During the lunch hour, Nico's offers a tasteful, yet casual option for Greensboro's downtown business district. In the evening, the restaurant transforms into a fine dining establishment with an array of unique dishes. In addition to the hand-crafted appetizers, entrees, and desserts, Nico's also boasts an extensive wine list with many selections imported from Italy and Sicily. Come join us for a taste of true Sicilian hospitality. Buon appetito!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nico's Restaurant and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great find in GreensboroDaveVIPDined on 6/21/2013Just a great restaurant - innovative food preparation, outstanding service, high quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service needs serious work.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/25/2013The food was delicious and Nico was hospitable but the servers are inattentive and had to be prompted for anything. Unti, the service improves, I can't recommend this place for a nice dinner service.
- Nice date night RestuarantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/25/2013Good food, great ambience. Not too much noise so you can converse with your date!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good, not greatDistrictGuyDined on 5/12/2013Nico's was a very pleasant place to spend a Mother's Day Lunch. The space is light and airy with a very high ceiling and nicely decorated without being too busy. The wait staff while not very knowledgeable about their menu, was very pleasant. The hostess didn't ask our seating preferences however and we had to ask to sit near a window rather than in a darker back booth. The food was decent, if overly salty. I got the sense that the special Mother's Day Menu was actually a step down from whatever they normally serve, and that they weren't having their best day back in the kitchen. Perhaps it's better on a thursday or friday night? Generally everything was decent, but felt overpriced given the quality.I would recommend this to a friend.
- All was very good except forBobLDined on 5/11/2013All was very good except for price. That would be the only thing stopping me from going back. $11 for a salad and $8 for a canolli dessert exceeded my usual price point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never lets me downdryflyhycoDined on 5/4/2013As always, food was great. Nico helped to pick a good wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a local restaurant wemooseDined on 5/2/2013Just a local restaurant we had not tried. It was ok, will not be on our favorites list. Would go back .I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nico's is always a reliablyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013Nico's is always a reliably pleasant meal with excellent service. We now live in Colfax instead of Greensboro so we need to make a special effort to dine at Nico's and it's without question one of the very best places too dine in this area!
- Best Italian in town!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2013This is our third time in Nico's. Food is very good and menu has sufficient variety. Wine list is better then in most places in Greensboro. Live music on Friday night was a little bit too loud even in the back of the dining room to have a proper conversation. Tiramisu was delicate and not too sweet - just as we remembered it from our days in New Jersey.Special Features:
- My party ordered salmon andJilestalVIPDined on 4/22/2013My party ordered salmon and lasagna. The salmon was good if a little over seasoned for my taste. The lasagna was not good at all. Avoid their selection of white wines too. We tried several whites before finding one that wasn't just plain bad. The Italian red we tired was pretty good, though.
- Very nice restaurant. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/5/2013Very nice restaurant. Service was excellent and the food was absolutely great. First time dining there and will return again.Special Features:
- Everything our group had includingzoltocVIPDined on 4/5/2013Everything our group had including the chicken special, linguine with seafood, and salmon were excellent. Our only disappointment was the fig dessert. The honey overpowered the fig flavor and cheese, the figs were small and very dry, and the walnuts seemed a tiny bit stale. Having said that,I would definitely recommend the restaurant, just avoid the figs.
- Nico's never disappoints.......plusOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/30/2013Nico's never disappoints.......plus Nico himself is such a Gem......Special Features:
- I was travelling alone andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/16/2013I was travelling alone and ate at the bar. The bartender and staff were very nice. Food was excellent. A nice treat.Special Features:
- Great as always, Nico veryOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/2/2013Great as always, Nico very much involved on the floor and a great guy. Service a little slow tonight but our waiter had a very large table as well.Special Features:
- Considering that I have dinedBubblesncDined on 3/2/2013Considering that I have dined at Nico's both for lunch and dinner, several times each, the food, service and ambiance are consistently excellent. I love it for business lunches because it provides an excellent place for discussion (quiet), and I love it for dinner because it has a lovely ambiance, good service and great food.Special Features:
- Good food.Leafpeeper2dayVIPDined on 3/2/2013Nico's is a downtown restaurant. We didn't have any issues parking but the parking is on-street or a parking lot. It could be an issue for some. The restaurant is pleasant but seems to need one more server. The hostess and owner were as busy as the waitstaff. Everyone was constantly moving. There were times when we needed a server, but everyone was so busy there were lulls in service. There was a long time between courses. There was a rather large party in the back of the restaurant. I'm not sure if this was the reason for the service issue or not. The food was excellent. The crostini was wonderful. I loved the tortellini. Plates were warmed so the food never got cold. We will definitely return.
- Nico aims to please & does.AnnefsmithVIPDined on 3/2/2013We had a party of 14 with a concert following dinner. Where we usually like to go to Nico's to 'dine' they understood our schedule and accommodated that in a lovely manner though the dining room was also packed. They take special care to cater to your evening, whatever it is. Everyone enjoyed their meal and the time. Since the concert was 2 blocks away, it was handy to have a place that had great food within walking distance of our destination.Special Features:
- Consistently great foodAnnefsmithVIPDined on 2/25/2013Great lentil soup and salad lunch. The homemade bread and olive oil makes for a lovely lunch.Special Features:
- First time at this restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/23/2013First time at this restaurant. Seated promptly, but it went downhill from there. Service was got poor; took nearly 20 minutes until our first contact with the waiter. Then another 10 just to get our drinks. When the meal was finished, waited at least 20 minutes before our waiter was to be found. By then, no time for dessert, since we were going to a nearby concert a few blocks away. Thought allowing 2 hours for dinner would be enough time! Food was OK, but the poor service will keep us from a return visit.
- Very delicious. I was amazedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2013Very delicious. I was amazed at the Tortellini. If you are in the mood for some authentic Italian food I would recommend this Restaurant.Special Features:
- Service was very poor, didOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013Service was very poor, did not get offer appetizer, waiter took really long for refills and rest was not even fullSpecial Features:
- On the positive side of ourLauraDinesDined on 2/15/2013On the positive side of our dinner experience, the bartender was extremely friendly and professional. The paintings were done by a local artist and were nicely presented on the walls. We sat at the bar for about 30 minutes before being seated. After being seated, we ordered the scallops appetizer, and it was very good. Unfortunately, our server was not responsive at all. He seemed very shy and afraid to approach the table. We had to ask for drink refills - our glasses sat empty while he walked by several times. We also had to ask for our check after waiting for quite some time. We ordered lasagna and linguini. The tomato sauces were delicious but everything else in the dishes was bland.
- We went the day after Valentine's.PookieDined on 2/15/2013We went the day after Valentine's. The food and service were excellent. Great ambiance. Presentation was wonderful. Nicely paced. Knowledgeable and friendly server.Special Features:
- The food at Nico's was ok,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013The food at Nico's was ok, but nothing to die for. The service was terrible with the exception of a food runner that basically did everything that our server should have done. It took 10min after being seated to get water. At no point did our server welcome us or introduce himself as our server. About 10min later the food runner noticed we were just sitting there with our menus closed and only water and she came by to ask if we needed anything. She took our order and brought us bread. The only thing our server did was bring us water, a bottle of wine (which surprisingly he presented correctly), and some oil for our bread without the bread. The food runner was their saving grace. Won't be returning.
- Not impressedBostonFoodLoverDined on 2/14/2013Was very dead atmosphere, ambiance was poor and non existent. it was freezing cold, not a very romantic atmosphere set for what I hoped would be a romantic Valentines Day dinner with my fiancee. Ordered calamari as an appetizer, was the worst I ever tasted, instead of crispy, it was very soggy. The one positive note was that our waiter was very experienced and knowledgeable. The salmon my fiancee ordered was good as well.
- The food was really good althoughjackdineDined on 2/14/2013The food was really good although the portions was small. The atmosphere was great. For a restaurant in its price range i felt like the service was only so-so.Special Features:
- We went on Valentines Day.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013We went on Valentines Day. Servcie was excellent, food was fresh and well seasoned. The linguine with seafood and wine sauce was perfect. The only down side was that the tortellini was overcooked and gummy.
- Nico's was a wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Nico's was a wonderful experience for my date and I on Valentine's Day. Their custom-tailored menu of gastronomic delights, (Try the Tortellini and Prosciutto, as well as the Crostini, for an appetizer!) the assemblage of wines, red, sparkling, and white, as well as the extraordinary service, really made our night! We didn't try their tantalizing array of desserts, however, when we return, we will!Special Features:
- Service was fantastic andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Service was fantastic and our waiter made the night. There is only one thing that I would have changed. The table that is across from the wine cab. is a high traffic area and thats where we were sitting. Other than thatSpecial Features:
- consistently averageOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013This restaurant is average, although it tries hard to appear otherwise. Have visited several times, and that is the consistent opinion. Given the prices on the menu, and the general ambience, I expect more. More creativity on the menu, a more professional level of service, more pop, wow and yummmm.
- We wnat you to makeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/13/2013I was embarrassed as I brought friends who had never been there. Our dinner experiences last year were not great, but we want this place to make it. We had come for lunch in the fall and it was quite good so I recommended it to my friends who eat out often. Our service was fine. However, there was hardly anyone else in the place and it was 12:30 on a weekday. Why don't they have some real lunch specials? Our meal was a pasta with mushrooms and chicken which was brown and really tasteless. It has everything going for it for success except food.I don't think I will try it again. It is really too bad. This is such a great spot and we need a good restaurant in that part of town.
- Had a wonderful dinner hereChappell57VIPDined on 1/18/2013Had a wonderful dinner here Friday night. Rabbit sausage pasta. Homemade pasta! Stayed for the great jazz that started at 9:00. The ambiance is great--very modern, but warm and inviting.Special Features:
- Good place for a corporateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/14/2013Good place for a corporate dinner or with group of friends the service was great. The menue was filled good choices and it was very well recieved by my clients and colleagues. Clearly I am satisfied and continue to go back.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the "set" dinnerLimeliteladyDined on 1/14/2013Enjoyed the "set" dinner very much--lovely, fresh vegetable soup, delicious pasta, and one of the best and freshest cannoli I've ever had--by FAR better than any others in Greensboro! Service was outstanding, and ambiance is very nice.Special Features:
- Good Italian place in GreensboroOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/22/2012Nice downtown place to eat. Not too pricey. Good selection of entries, friendly and knowledgeable service.Special Features:
- This is the place if you areOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/19/2012This is the place if you are looking for Italian food not covered in the traditional marinara sauces. Excellent food, Italian wines and service. A gem in Greensboro.Special Features:
- Great Jazz every Friday nightOutOfTownerVIPDined on 12/14/2012Great Jazz every Friday night at 9 pm - a place for adultsSpecial Features:
- Great in Downtown GSOOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/8/2012We were a 6-top at 8pm Saturday. This is a great place for local vibe & very comfortable, contemporary decor. We sat in the private room. That was a special treat with its huge paintings & street view. Favorite dish was the tortellini con prosciutto e crema. We were licking the bowl to get the last of the cream sauce. I highly recommend the pappardelle with rabbit sausage (remarkable). We ultimately decided against ordering the gnocchi. Between the apps and the entrees, the chef sent out a complementary plate of it. It was amazing! Dessert was a chocolate mousse with a single raspberry. The waiter heard the debate over ownership, so he brought a whole plate of them. Exceptional food, good wine list & good service. Going back Wednesday!Special Features:
- This was my second time comingalijohnpDined on 12/8/2012This was my second time coming and they food and atmosphere were both still as good as the first time. After 8:30pm the crowd, and they dont seat that many anyways, cleared and it was more quiet than we I arrived. The server was very good at wine recommendations and substitutions with sides on the entrees. Would Recommend!Special Features: