5800 Legacy Drive, Suite C1
Plano, TX 75024Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nicolaslegacy.com/
- Phone: (972) 608-4455
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 11am - 4pm
Monday - Thursday 4pm - 10pm
Friday - Saturday 4pm - 11pm
Sunday 4pm - 9pm
Monday - Friday 4pm - 7pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Ryan Nagby
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Nicola's Ristorante Italiano offers both private and semi-private dining areas for your group's comfort and convenience. Private Dining Room Pranzo Privata is available for private dining up to 16 guests. Semi-private Dining Areas - Our mezzanine offers three semi-private settings, Mezzanino Centrale, Est Di Loge and Ovest di Loge. Seating Capacities - Pranzo Privata seats 16 guests at a large oval table in a luxuriously appointed private dining room. Mezzanino Centrale accommodates 16 guests at 2 round tables for 8. Est di Loge is comfortable for up to 45 guests. Ovest di Loge is perfect for up to 24 guests. For groups larger than 12, or for private or semi private dining, please call contact the restaurant.
A word from Nicola's Ristorante
Our opulent, theatrical design features a sophisticated bar, and al fresco dining on the patio, private dining room for sixteen, and a stunning mezzanine overlooking the main dining area for the best people watching in town.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nicola's Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
romantic (35)special occasion (33)fit for foodies (32)neighborhood gem (28)great for outdoor dining (20)good for groups (15)notable wine list (14)hot spot (12)great for lunch (10)late-night find (8)great for brunch (5)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Undercooked Pasta--not Al DenteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Great service and atmosphere, but the pasta we ordered--the bolognese and wild mushroom ravioli--were undercooked, I understand the concept of Al Dente--meaning it is just finished cooking when it gets to the customer, but we could see raw white dough when the food was bitten. The waitress checked up right after we were served, took the undercooked bolognese back, and then reserved us more undercooked bolognese--but more cooked. To their credit, the Bolognese sauce was great, but the pasta was simply undercooked. If it was actually done Al Dente, I'm sure it would have been better. TL;DR Good service, undercooked pasta.
- Cold Interior, mediocre foodRONALDGVIPDined on 11/12/2014This restaurant was freezing inside. Like everyone kept their jackets on inside cold. Just cheap tasting cheesy macaroni grill type food. Salads were boring and relatively expensive. Nothing worth a repeat trip.
- BAD BAD BADDaCaptainDined on 11/8/2014It took about 7 minutes before anyone even brought us water. When our order was brought the halibut was undercooked and cold in the middle. We returned it and nobody even apologized or offered us anything while my wife ate and I sat there waiting for my recooked halibut. We had about 4 different people who waited on us and never had any idea who our wait person was. Nothing was offered for the inconvenience - how about a free glass of wine or something for this mess of a dinner they gave us. This was a bad night at Nicundercookas. We have had many good meals at Nicolas and it is a fine place but not on this night.Special Features:
- Interesting menu choices.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/3/2014Great menu selection. Excellent wait staff. Privacy appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little DisappointedTomBDined on 10/30/2014We have be going to Nicola's for a long time. Usually we walk away very satisfied. But this last time we were a little disappointed. The bread was slightly stale, the Caprese salad was not well presented, and my Veal Marsala dish was slightly tough and relatively flavorless. We are hopeful that this was just one bad experience, otherwise will probably be looking for another favorite Italian restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014not the same nicolas we have gone to in the past! Service was absolutely awful. Had reservations and hostess told us to wait at bar and get a drink because our table wasn't ready. server was not responsive. one of the table runners brought food out, rude! told him i had a bad glass of wine and did nothing but walk away. We used to love this place and now we will not be returning :(
- Dam Good FoodEradykatorDined on 10/21/2014Food and service was top notch, I highly recommend eating here.Special Features:
- DeliciousErikVIPDined on 10/20/2014Great food and service while dining for dinner on a Monday night. We sat outside and it was very nice. Food was excellent and the service was great as well. Would recommend this restaurant especially outside seating when weather permits.Special Features:
- Sweet SixteenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014The manager and wait staff went above and beyond to make my daughter's birthday dinner extra special. Thank you for a perfect and memorable evening!!Special Features:
- Poor ServiceFMFoodieDined on 10/4/2014My daughters and I dined at Nicola's Saturday night around 8:30. The restaurant was not particularly crowded but our server all but ignored us. He barely made it by our table to take our order. We are very easy to please and don't require anything special but felt that he couldn't be bothered to check in on us.
- Great Italian RestauranttrickDined on 10/3/2014The food was excellent and the waitstaff was very friendly. Nice fine dining.Special Features:
- Davie and Chris dateJChristopherJonesVIPDined on 10/3/2014All was wonderful on a cool night with outside dining. Music was in the air provided by the Shops at Legacy and each dish we had was excellent. Followed by chocolate martinis. It could not have been better.Special Features:
- Always consistentkcfoodiesDined on 10/3/2014Nicola's has great Italian food that is well presented and consistent in their quality. Their artichoke and chicken lasagne, in its velvety cream sauce, is a wonderful change to usual red sauced lasagne. Geoffrey our waiter is always outstanding. He knows how to time your meal, sense if your party wants to talk more or less, and can answer your questions about the menu presented. He knows the wine list and can suggest a perfect match to your dining preference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Nichola'sJlind1001Dined on 9/30/2014Very disappointed in the service on the patio! Had to ask for water twice glasses were never refilled, dirty dishes were not picked up and never offered bread!Waiter was not even friendly! Food was only average! I brought an out of town guest and regret it! We will not return!Special Features:
- Awful Experience!dstar2VIPDined on 9/27/2014Service was terrible! Appetizer was cold. Waited a LONG time in between appetizer and main dish. Waitress had no explanation, nor did she even refresh our drinks or bring more bread while we waited. When the main dishes finally came they came out all wrong, nothing like the menu description. Waitress just gave attitude and manager was not helpful at all until my husband approached her. We left our date night (away from our 2 year old son) hungry and frustrated. Which was such a shame because it was beautiful night out on the patio. We will not go back!
- Taste of Italy?? I think so!TopnotchDined on 9/20/2014This was my first time here. I choose this place as a night out with a friend visiting from out of state. We both were very pleases with the menu options, quality of food, and the superb service we received. The burshetta was the best I've ever had, and the lasangette was delicious! I'll differently make my way in again, with more business for this amazing Resturant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014We were celebrating our wedding anniversary. Food was outstanding as was the service...unrushed but attentive. Everything was done with excellence. It was a great place to celebrate our anniversary.Special Features:
- I will go for lunch only after...Top10VIPDined on 9/19/2014going on a Friday night recently. The scallops were served cold, and the flattened chicken dish was tough. To top it off, the waiter responded to a request for bread, for a second time, with a "yeah, what do you need?". Not what I would expect from a fine dining establishment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceKakstorieDined on 8/22/2014Our server Kristen, was superb. It was her manner as much as anything else. A genuine smile is all-important and she has a particularly pleasant personality. Most servers have an understanding of the menu and so one looks for something else to complement the dinner. The food was very tasty and Kristen brought a complementary desert (it was amazing) as we were celebrating a birthday.Special Features:
- Absolute Favorite!katyVIPDined on 8/22/2014Nicola's is our absolute favorite restaurant in Plano! The food, service and ambiance are always outstanding!Special Features:
- FantasticdpapDined on 8/21/2014We visited for restaurant week and had a fantastic experience! The food was incredible and the drinks were delicious. Our waiter was knowledgable and attentive but didn't interrupt our meal. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/18/2014Really great selection for their restaurant week menu. Good wine list and very helpful servers.Special Features:
- Great Date Night!StanVIPDined on 8/16/2014Started with one of our favorite white wines...Tieffenbrunner Enjoyed a 3-course dinner in support of KRLD Restaurant Week.
- good food, poor serviceHusbandoffoodieDined on 8/16/2014we enjoyed the food, but got sat upstairs away from the aesthetic part of the restaurant. service was very poor, would return, to sit downstairs with another server to try againSpecial Features:
- Romantic EveningFriscoFoodieDined on 8/16/2014What a wonderful, romantic evening! The service was exceptional, along with the food..as always. What I'll remember most was that my significant other proposed to me in one of the romantic, private booths just off the dining area. We selected the engagement ring weeks ago but he was waiting for the right time to "pop" the question and surprise me. It couldn't have been a more wonderful night for us! Thanks, Nicola's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Place for DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014The place was nice, was a bit dissPointed in the ambience, would expected a bit nicer for the price. Overall though the food had great flavors and the service was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekEpiphanyDined on 8/13/2014Their menu for restaurant week was very varied. I appreciated that. Good service. I will go again. Cannoli was to die forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 856 reviews are from the Nicola's Ristorante reviews archive.
- DisappointedWinenutVIPDined on 7/25/2014This is our 3rd or 4th visit Each time the food and service has lost a little the results are in keeping with prices
- Italian DinnerBluffview1Dined on 7/19/2014This was the third time at this restaurant. My boyfriend and I made a reservation which they seated us on time. However our server made a major mistake. I ordered an entree and appetizer. Everything was good until I waited a very long time for my entree over 30 min - rigatoni. Turns out that he not only forgot about us but never entered my entree in the system. He brought me the wrong entree and then tried to say that he just grabbed the wrong entree. Turns out they had to make my entree which took another 10 min. The service was lacking this time around.Special Features:
- Great food & service.....OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014The food and service were outstanding. Our waiter, Geoffrey, was attentive and gave great menu suggestions. I would recommend this retaurant to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty restaurantTx2CaliVIPDined on 7/5/2014Pretty restaurant. Average food. The Bruschetta is doughy. The Orchietta alla Salsiccie dish is overwhelmed by salt. The wine list is small but good selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Freshly Made PastaOrganicPastaDined on 7/5/2014My family thoroughly enjoyed Nicolas. The wait staff was exceptional, very sociable and attended our every need. We started off with the Antipasto appetizer which was delicious. My wife (Casarecci alla Bolognese), son (Rigatoni alla Zarina) and daughter (Fettuccine Alfredo) raved about their meals. I had the Ravioli di Mare which I hate to say was really bland in flavor (sauce and contents seemed to be lacking seasoning) but the pasta was very fresh tasting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good pastaMilanC88Dined on 6/30/2014I like there pasta dishes, its very good and taste fresh. Haven't had a bad thing yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not as good as it used to benicoleVIPDined on 6/30/2014Food was good, but not great like it used to be. Service was slow and the waiter ran my credit card twice, so this is another hassle. He couldn't provide me with a cancellation slip. There are much better restaurants in the neighborhood. Too bad, because it used to be a gem.
- Off night?OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/29/2014We have been to Nicolas on a number of occasions and usually it is quite good. For some reason this Sunday evening was an exception. Service was poor and food quality was average at best.
- Disappointing On Every LevelTexasTraveler14Dined on 6/28/2014Although we have eaten at Nicola's many times over the years and have generally been pleased, we've noticed a marked decrease in quality of late. Dinner with friends last Saturday was the end of the road, however. Everything ordered by our party of 5 was a disappointment. Presentation was sloppy and the food lacked any flavor. Additionally, we sent two drinks back to the bar due to lipstick on the rims left from previous patrons and dirty flatware as well. It is clear that the lights are on but the management and chefs have left the building. At this price point, there are too many good choices in the area, and we won't be back. It is like mourning the passing of an old friend, but old friends treat each other with respect.
- Great foodSuzanneVIPDined on 6/19/2014We enjoyed our evening at Nicolas. Our waitress was very attentive, food was good as it is every time I've eaten there. Always reliable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2014The level of service and quality of food was outstanding! I had a dinner party of 6 people and we all enjoyed the dining experience!Special Features:
- terrible servicetony121Dined on 6/14/2014My son wanted a Pina Kolada drink and he was told thy did not have blender to make this simple drink that is served in almost every bar. Then I had to demand that the waiter fill up my Ice Tea glass as it remained empty for almost 15-minutes and we were to totally ignored
- Terrible Service!LHADallasVIPDined on 6/14/2014We have been eating here for years and it has really gone down hill in terms of service. We will not return.Special Features: