5800 Legacy Drive, Suite C1
Plano, TX 75024Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nicolaslegacy.com/
- Phone: 9726084455x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 11am - 4pm
Monday - Thursday 4pm - 10pm
Friday - Saturday 4pm - 11pm
Sunday 4pm - 9pm
Monday - Friday 4pm - 7pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Ryan Nagby
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Nicola's Ristorante Italiano offers both private and semi-private dining areas for your group's comfort and convenience. Private Dining Room Pranzo Privata is available for private dining up to 16 guests. Semi-private Dining Areas - Our mezzanine offers three semi-private settings, Mezzanino Centrale, Est Di Loge and Ovest di Loge. Seating Capacities - Pranzo Privata seats 16 guests at a large oval table in a luxuriously appointed private dining room. Mezzanino Centrale accommodates 16 guests at 2 round tables for 8. Est di Loge is comfortable for up to 45 guests. Ovest di Loge is perfect for up to 24 guests. For groups larger than 12, or for private or semi private dining, please call contact the restaurant.
A word from Nicola's Ristorante
Our opulent, theatrical design features a sophisticated bar, and al fresco dining on the patio, private dining room for sixteen, and a stunning mezzanine overlooking the main dining area for the best people watching in town.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nicola's Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
romantic (39)special occasion (36)fit for foodies (28)great for outdoor dining (27)neighborhood gem (25)notable wine list (20)good for groups (17)hot spot (12)great for lunch (11)great for brunch (6)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- ServiceKakstorieDined on 8/22/2014Our server Kristen, was superb. It was her manner as much as anything else. A genuine smile is all-important and she has a particularly pleasant personality. Most servers have an understanding of the menu and so one looks for something else to complement the dinner. The food was very tasty and Kristen brought a complementary desert (it was amazing) as we were celebrating a birthday.Special Features:
- FantasticdpapDined on 8/21/2014We visited for restaurant week and had a fantastic experience! The food was incredible and the drinks were delicious. Our waiter was knowledgable and attentive but didn't interrupt our meal. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/18/2014Really great selection for their restaurant week menu. Good wine list and very helpful servers.Special Features:
- Great Date Night!StanVIPDined on 8/16/2014Started with one of our favorite white wines...Tieffenbrunner Enjoyed a 3-course dinner in support of KRLD Restaurant Week.
- good food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014we enjoyed the food, but got sat upstairs away from the aesthetic part of the restaurant. service was very poor, would return, to sit downstairs with another server to try againSpecial Features:
- Romantic EveningFriscoFoodieDined on 8/16/2014What a wonderful, romantic evening! The service was exceptional, along with the food..as always. What I'll remember most was that my significant other proposed to me in one of the romantic, private booths just off the dining area. We selected the engagement ring weeks ago but he was waiting for the right time to "pop" the question and surprise me. It couldn't have been a more wonderful night for us! Thanks, Nicola's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Place for DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014The place was nice, was a bit dissPointed in the ambience, would expected a bit nicer for the price. Overall though the food had great flavors and the service was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekEpiphanyDined on 8/13/2014Their menu for restaurant week was very varied. I appreciated that. Good service. I will go again. Cannoli was to die forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedWinenutVIPDined on 7/25/2014This is our 3rd or 4th visit Each time the food and service has lost a little the results are in keeping with prices
- Italian DinnerBluffview1Dined on 7/19/2014This was the third time at this restaurant. My boyfriend and I made a reservation which they seated us on time. However our server made a major mistake. I ordered an entree and appetizer. Everything was good until I waited a very long time for my entree over 30 min - rigatoni. Turns out that he not only forgot about us but never entered my entree in the system. He brought me the wrong entree and then tried to say that he just grabbed the wrong entree. Turns out they had to make my entree which took another 10 min. The service was lacking this time around.Special Features:
- Great food & service.....OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014The food and service were outstanding. Our waiter, Geoffrey, was attentive and gave great menu suggestions. I would recommend this retaurant to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty restaurantTx2CaliDined on 7/5/2014Pretty restaurant. Average food. The Bruschetta is doughy. The Orchietta alla Salsiccie dish is overwhelmed by salt. The wine list is small but good selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Freshly Made PastaOrganicPastaDined on 7/5/2014My family thoroughly enjoyed Nicolas. The wait staff was exceptional, very sociable and attended our every need. We started off with the Antipasto appetizer which was delicious. My wife (Casarecci alla Bolognese), son (Rigatoni alla Zarina) and daughter (Fettuccine Alfredo) raved about their meals. I had the Ravioli di Mare which I hate to say was really bland in flavor (sauce and contents seemed to be lacking seasoning) but the pasta was very fresh tasting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good pastaMilanC88Dined on 6/30/2014I like there pasta dishes, its very good and taste fresh. Haven't had a bad thing yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not as good as it used to benicoleVIPDined on 6/30/2014Food was good, but not great like it used to be. Service was slow and the waiter ran my credit card twice, so this is another hassle. He couldn't provide me with a cancellation slip. There are much better restaurants in the neighborhood. Too bad, because it used to be a gem.
- Off night?OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/29/2014We have been to Nicolas on a number of occasions and usually it is quite good. For some reason this Sunday evening was an exception. Service was poor and food quality was average at best.
- Disappointing On Every LevelTexasTraveler14Dined on 6/28/2014Although we have eaten at Nicola's many times over the years and have generally been pleased, we've noticed a marked decrease in quality of late. Dinner with friends last Saturday was the end of the road, however. Everything ordered by our party of 5 was a disappointment. Presentation was sloppy and the food lacked any flavor. Additionally, we sent two drinks back to the bar due to lipstick on the rims left from previous patrons and dirty flatware as well. It is clear that the lights are on but the management and chefs have left the building. At this price point, there are too many good choices in the area, and we won't be back. It is like mourning the passing of an old friend, but old friends treat each other with respect.
- Great foodSuzanneVIPDined on 6/19/2014We enjoyed our evening at Nicolas. Our waitress was very attentive, food was good as it is every time I've eaten there. Always reliable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2014The level of service and quality of food was outstanding! I had a dinner party of 6 people and we all enjoyed the dining experience!Special Features:
- terrible servicetony121Dined on 6/14/2014My son wanted a Pina Kolada drink and he was told thy did not have blender to make this simple drink that is served in almost every bar. Then I had to demand that the waiter fill up my Ice Tea glass as it remained empty for almost 15-minutes and we were to totally ignored
- Terrible Service!LHADallasVIPDined on 6/14/2014We have been eating here for years and it has really gone down hill in terms of service. We will not return.Special Features:
- Great Patio. Poor Service.MBDFWDined on 6/13/2014We did a double date with another couple and had a table for 4 outside for a Saturday night dinner. Our waiter was just horrible and could never be found. Restaurant had plenty of empty tables so being crowded was not an excuse for the poor service. The food was good, nothing to say "wow" about but what you would expect for the price point. Wine list was more on the higher end price wise compared to the food. Worth a visit but probably won't be on my repeat list.Special Features:
- Tuscan Italian GemTuscanGemDined on 6/11/2014Service was excellent and the food was outstanding. Wait or served our party of 8 extremely well. Beautiful atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceDiner007Dined on 6/7/2014Great food and service. Love the patio area. Great atmosphere on the week-end. Nice for a couples night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceTheGmanDined on 6/7/2014We went to Nicola's to celebrate out anniversary on a Saturday night. It was perfect. We were seated in a booth on the back wall. So we had the energy but was away from the action of people. Food was wonderful. Although the booth seat was not very comfortable, the evening was still was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lost its LusterWineDine69VIPDined on 6/6/2014I started visiting this location a few years ago when it first opened & it was fantastic. It is still a lovely place overall but the "wow" factor for the food has declined.Special Features:
- Wonderful atmosphere mediocre foodShmehDined on 6/6/2014The food was so so. Not amazing and not terrible. The waiter was nice, friendly, and reasonably attentive. The atmosphere was what I enjoyed the most. We sat up in the mezzanine level and were able to chat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch Specials Great!Top10VIPDined on 6/5/2014I love the lunch specials here, which offer an entree', soup, or salad, and dessert for a price substantially lower than the dinner prices! The food is the same, however, so this really is a great bargain!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service and food!bredreviewDined on 6/1/2014One of the best service experiences I have had in Legacy area. Ask for Geoff - his recommendations were all spot on - especially on the eggplant appetizer.Special Features:
- Coming Back In A Big Wayxaiver56Dined on 5/30/2014When Nicola's first opened I went here a couple of times and found the food and service to be outstanding. However several trips afterwards left much to be desired in food and service. After taking a few years off my family and I returned this evening and were very pleasantly surprised. First of all the atmosphere was always wonderful, decent space between tables and comfortable, conversation flowed between the table easily. Service is definitely back at Nicola's in a big way. Our server, Nick, was not only attentive but was fun, and his suggestions were spot on. The food arrived to the table promptly, and was delightful. While some other reviews have said this is not a "foodie" restaurant I would disagree. Great place will go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very dissappointingDisappointedVIPDined on 5/29/2014Nicola's was one of my wife and my favorite restaurants. We looked forward to the wonderful food, great service, and really nice atmosphere. All the elements are still there to provide a terrific dining experience, except for the food. Most of the staff have turned over, and I really don't know who the chef is at this point but the food was extremely bland. The portions have become very small, and the sides that accompany the main dish do not at all compliment each other. I hope the owners quickly realize the deficit they have in the kitchen, and can once again provide the food that Nicola's was known for. It is a real shame that we will not be back to see for a very long time.Special Features:
- Nicolas greatJeffboDined on 5/21/2014We went to Nicolas for our anniversary as its one of our favorite places. We weren't disappointed at all, salmon was great as was pasta for my wife. A tiramisu as an anniversary present was a nice surprise as theirs is one of the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overcooked and unfresh fishFrostytexanDined on 5/17/2014Ordered chileian bass which was not fresh and overcooked. Only ate a couple of bites. Waiter never inquired as to the food as though he knew it was terrible. Chef should go back to fast food restaurant. Worst food i have had in years.
- Not friendly waiter...carloslaratDined on 5/16/2014Hi, our experience wasn't so good. The waiter was pushing us to leave the restaurant because we didn't order dinner immediately, but we were consuming drinks and appetizers. So before ordering dinner, the waiter told us that he needs the table so we have to leave.Special Features:
- Mothers Day BrunchAustinDined on 5/11/2014Nicola's is a presentable restaurant with a very good representation of Italian food choices. Pricing was a little high, but the food was very good and recommend it to individuals that love the Italian cuisine.Special Features:
- Above avg food horrible service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014We chose Nikolas for our Mother's Day lunch. We've had good experiences at this restaurant in the past but this weekend the service was absolutely lousy and the food was average, at best. We were immediately seated but the waiter did not great us for 10 minutes after sitting. We ordered a bottle of wine and drinks for our sons. The bottle of wine took over a half hour to arrive. When we finally ordered we had been sitting for close to 45 minutes. Overall, we were at the restaurant for 3 hours for lunch. We won't be returning to Nikolas any time soon.
- Great experience!foodiemomDined on 5/11/2014We ate at Nicola's for Mother's day lunch/brunch and had a great meal with great atmosphere. Everything was perfect! Nicola's has always delivered consistently great food and service every time!Special Features:
- Beautiful outdoor patioCherVIPDined on 5/11/2014We enjoyed Mothers Day brunch outdoors. Greg was our great server who accommodated our every need. Food was great and loved the generous Mimosas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceBaseballDadDined on 5/11/2014Food, service, atmosphere all very good, but short of perfect. Pastas all very tasty. Like the layout and decor. Wait staff very good. Felt slightly rushedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hopefully atypical serviceCornbreadDined on 5/11/2014Good food. Occasionally inattentive and inadequate service. The waiter brought a cup of coffee that had spilled into its saucer, (messy drips), rather than replacing it before even reaching our table. Also, he didn't offer to replace it.Special Features: