6525 Delmar Boulevard
Saint Louis, MO 63130Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nicostl.com/
- Phone: 3147270200
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Darin Since
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Call ahead for your box lunch or catering needs.
- Entertainment: We offer live music on Thursday nights!
A word from Nico
Nico is a Western Mediterranean Bistro in the heart of one of America's best streets, the Delmar Loop. We work with local farmers to provide the best meals. We take great pride in making our breads, pastas and cheese in house. We are open for brunch, lunch and dinner 7 days a weeks and have a beautiful bar featuring hand crafted cocktails and beers, with an excellent wine list too, of course. Please join us soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nico reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance5Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (2)great for outdoor dining (2)romantic (2)neighborhood gem (2)good for groups (1)special occasion (1)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- last meal at neighborhood gemDeniseDined on 6/4/2014We had to get our last fix of Nico's amazing hummus, brussels sprouts salad, lamb burger and more! Delicious! This was our favorite neighborhood go-to for a nice, slightly upscale meal in the Loop. So sad to see Nico closing, but excited for the new BBQ joint coming in.Special Features:
- The following 220 reviews are from the Nico reviews archive.
- Great meal with unique menu. Go nowGailDined on 5/29/2014My husband and I sat at an outside table, where the scene was lively yet quiet enough that we could talk easily. It was hard to choose among the many interesting menu items. The gnocchi with brussel sprouts and sweet potatoes were outstanding, with a delicate sauce that I had to scoop up every bit of. I say "Go now" because we learned after dinner that the restaurant will be closing in 1 week, to convert to a BBQ place. It's a shame as Nico is clearly one of the only "fine" restaurants in the Loop, whereas there are already a lot of casual places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014We were disappointed to hear that it might be changing to a BBQ restaurant later this summer. We have enjoyed the food and service immensely every time we have gone. Great place!Special Features:
- MediterraneandinerDined on 5/17/2014Nice change from burgers and pizza which is served at most places in the areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mother's Day brunchDaveMVIPDined on 5/11/2014A most enjoyable and delicious experience. Great eggs Benedict!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchJimBDined on 5/11/2014I waited too long o make reservations for Mother's Day brunch and was happy to see we could get into Nicos as I'd heard good comments from friends. The menu choices were broad enough that everyone could find something they liked (wife & I plus 4 kids ages 15, 14, 11 & 8). Weather was nice so we ate outside. Some menu items were common brunch fair and others had a Mediterranean flair to them for variety. Price was $100 for 6 with drinks (Mimosa & spicy Bloody Mary) so it was good value for the quality of food. Service was attentive and friendly and relaxed (but not slow) pace. I'd like to go back - without the kids sometime and would recommend this to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Constistently excellentGAry1392Dined on 5/10/2014We've never had a mediocre meal at Nico's. The menu recently changed somewhat and some inventive and excellent dishes have been added. We are sorry that the restaurant is morphing but am confident that it will continue to be excellent and worthy of an every night spot as well as one for special occasions. Cocktails outstanding this time, by the way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for group lunchLunchGroupieDined on 4/30/2014On-line reservation was easy. We had a group of nine. Wait staff were very attentive. Fish (grilled salmon) sandwich was topped with a seasoned cole slaw and sauce - a little different and definitely delicious. Home-made fries were very good. All the diners in the group were pleased - and ready to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's changingFoodMamaDined on 4/25/2014Nico is closing down for a couple of days in May and changing to a hip BBQ joint. The food and service was all just fine, nothing worth noting. Wine and x oxtail lists were expansive. Hope all goes well with the new menu.Special Features:
- Good Food - service questionableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/17/2014This is a good place to try different dishes. This is not your run-of-the-mill menu. The pork belly was not very tasty but the shaved brussel sprout salad was amazing and so were the stuffed peppers. My friend said the crab croquets were very tasty too. Make sure you look closely at your food before you eat it though. I had a hair in my salad that obviously wan't mine and the waiter acted like it was no big deal.Special Features:
- The food was very good butLatchDined on 4/5/2014The food was very good but we sat down at 6:30 and didn't get our meal until 8. Unforuntately we didn't order salads so the time seem to take forever. The food was good when it did come.
- Like the foodBesHTCDined on 4/5/2014Nico always has good food. It took a long time to get it so we were late for a show, but we didn't tell them we had a deadline. Server wasn't that attentive.... I would have had another glass of wine if asked. The big drawback has nothing to do with Nico... U City is a nightmare to navigate on a Saturday night. Won't do that again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten free sandwiches needed @NicoMissDVIPDined on 4/1/2014I have been to Nico 5 times now. 3 times for dinner and 2 times for lunch. A few days ago I had the salmon sandwich without bread again for lunch and both times I have had it I wanted to just beg for a gluten free version. I really would prefer my salmon grilled and not sort of fried. As I have been 90% gluten free, the sandwich without a bun is just a bunch of small pieces of salmon. In this day and age, it would be great if Nico could just keep some gluten free buns or bread on hand for others who might like a gluten free sandwich. Also, it seems odd to not have an alternate choice for the french fries. I ordered the delicious Brussels sprouts instead of fries and that added $4. to my bill, which for me was worth it. I do like Nico!Special Features:
- Nice night outsteveDined on 3/28/2014The food was OK, but the only reason we'll go back is for the ambiance. Very great mood for a couple looking fora romantic night away from the kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date placeTammyVIPDined on 3/28/2014Nico is a great place to take a date. The food and cocktails are fabulous.Special Features:
- Wonderful surpriseRyanDDined on 3/23/2014My wife and I have walked by this place dozens of times, never once giving it a second thought. It's drab exterior never once pulled our gaze towards its door. However, this past Sunday we decided to give them a chance. Talk about a study in contrasts! As pallid as the exterior is, the food and service is 180 degrees in the other direction. We arrived shortly after opening and were the only two in the place. Our server seated us, got us our drinks and explained the menu options. He quickly realized that we were there for a relaxing brunch and provided us optimal service with minimal intrusion. As great as the service was, the food was the real highlight! I cannot say enough great things about Nico. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great; this was myOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/21/2014Food was great; this was my fifth time to eat there, second for dinner. My only complaint was that it was loud. Restaurant was full (which is good thing!) and we were seated right in the middle ,near a door which allowed the servers access to the outside dining. About mid-way, it cleared out and the noise level dropped dramatically. Lamp burger is wonderful!!! Going again Tuesday evening to celebrate a birthday. There is something for everyone on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surprise. PassingOdellDined on 3/8/2014Pleasant surprise. Passing by, the restaurant always looked bland. The decor may be kacig lacking but the food was very good, server was very pleasant, and the service good and the restaurant was very accommodating to our large group of 12.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent and inexpensiveSternDined on 3/7/2014Very surprised with the value offered by this restaurant. The wine list was unique and well priced. The food was equally impressive. And dinner prices were what you expect for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for lunch in the LoopSTLDAVEDined on 3/7/2014You cannot do better than Nico for lunch! No stress, no rush, tasty food, and nice people. I'm looking forward to being able to dine outside soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite place.neighborhoodfanDined on 2/28/2014A varied menu that never disappoints. We love the warm atmosphere: the glow of the lighting, the windows opening onto the street parade, the subdued decor. A great place to go to talk and to celebrate special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place!!!BarbBDined on 2/28/2014Food was so very excellent. Kitchen was slow but we had a larger group. Valet parking attendant was so gentlemanly!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific menu, I had a hardAnderson1Dined on 2/25/2014Terrific menu, I had a hard time deciding what to order!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average Food, Poor ServicestlbrychelDined on 2/22/2014The food wasn't bad by any means, and it's clear this place is making an effort to try to be a little different. But the preparation wasn't very good. Steaks were overdone, pasta was bland and had clearly sat a while before being served. This is not a place you want to try for the food. If you are in the area and can't find anything better maybe give it a try and you'll have better luck. It was the service that really stood out as poor. Our server disappeared for long stretches of time (and from what I could see he only had my table of ten and a table of four). On two instances he realized he'd forgotten to bring something to our table and then would just disappear for a few minutes, only to show up again waiting on a different table.
- Imaginative menu, and betterKikuDined on 2/18/2014Imaginative menu, and better food than most places on the Loop. Good place for a "grown up" meal. Attentive and friendly service. Everyone welcomes you, everyone thanks you. Spacious interior with lots of windows, and simple decor. Right across from Blueberry Hill, and so there's a fun street vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food on the looplwalk01Dined on 2/16/2014Nico is a great addition to the loop and does a great job with their menu. I highly recommend their vegan offerings and their desserts are great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not happyJojoebinksDined on 2/15/2014Seated behind a group of thirty. Service slow, one and a half hours to get order. Food itself cold and quite tasteless. Price for quality of food crazy. Won't go back .
- A pleasant night outFood4MeDined on 2/14/2014The food was great and the energy was fun romantic for Valentine's Day. We look forward to going back.Special Features:
- Good food. Hipster but professionaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Good food. Hipster but professional service. Fun location on the Loop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great valentine's DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014We were at Nico for Valentines day. they asked us to select the table and we chose a corner booth not realizing that it was close to the kitchen - our fault but it might have been pointed out to us. The white wine bottle of the day was excellent and very reasonably priced. The server (Melanie) was outstanding and we never felt rushed through our meal despite it being a very busy night. Our meal was fabulous - calamari ap was crisp and fresh, hangar steak perfect, seafood risotto brimming with large pieces of seafood. The dessert special was not great- a flan- weird consistency. Charging extra for grated cheese seemed wrong for a Mediterranean Restaurant - our server removed the charge without us even asking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a quiet, deliciousCweRMDined on 2/12/2014A touch of class in the Delmar Loop. Creative menu. Wished server knew more about how the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good atmosphere and foodHelenDined on 2/9/2014The place is romantic, comfortable and cozy with dark light. Food is very good, enough portion but not excessive. Server is friendly. It is a little pricy, but I had a groupon. Overall, it was a good dinning experience. I will go back again.Special Features:
- I took a group (9 total) ofPelloDined on 1/30/2014I took a group (9 total) of employees and their spouses to Nico on a Thursday night. Everyone really enjoyed the food (mix of appetizers passed around, entree's and deserts). The setting was great for a large group as the restuarant was full, but not too loud. Service was exceptional and the wine recommended by the bar was a hit with everyone at the table (and very reasonably priced). Definitely plan to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 really good experiencesMissDVIPDined on 1/19/2014We went to Nico on Sunday evening at 6 pm and had a very nice server who answered many questions politely and seemed to really enjoy her job. My date loved his lamb burger and the garlic shrimp appetizer. I found the bouillabaisse to be very tasty and if I order it again, I would share it. The next day, I tried the lunch with a friend and we had another excellent server. I had the salmon sandwich and it was very fresh and perfectly cooked. For 9 dollars I could not find a better sandwich in the Loop. I will go to Nico again because the chef is communicative and accommodating when it comes to special dietary concerns. The food is prepared with care and awareness regarding sustainability and farm to table. I feel a sense of trust.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely worth repeatingAnderson1Dined on 1/10/2014Excellent food! Love to go with a larger group so I can have the gnoochi again and still try more of the menu. Valet parking was terrific, the loop can be tricky for parking this was totally convenient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some Place DifferentlindasueDined on 1/4/2014Nico's is a charming little restaurant in the U.City Loop. The menu offers certain unique items, like the bouillabaisse and lamb burgers. We had the latter, which came with tasty homemade fries. The only real negative was that they were both way too salty! Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy Little Spot on the LoopmortDined on 12/31/2013My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful New Year's Eve dinner here. The staff was attentive and professional. My wife had a fantastic pasta with meatballs (which I, of course, tried - it was seriously delicious) and couldn't have been happier. Being the uncouth schmuck that I am, I ordered the burger... Hey, what can I say - I was craving a burger! Luckily, it was the lamb burger, and I was also craving gyros. This burger satisfied both cravings at once! We'll definitely be going back on our next trip into St. Louis, and next time, I'll have to try something a little more adventurous.Special Features:
- Amazingkmc7x9VIPDined on 12/31/2013We all tried this place for the first time on NYE and we were all very happy with the service and food. Not a single one of us left a bite on our plates...def. going back here!Special Features:
- Enjoyable findemily123Dined on 12/28/2013The open atmosphere and delicious food made for a nice dinner. A little unique but enough variety to please many. Pretty good wine list as well. Service was prompt and pleasant.Special Features:
- Excellent experiencedrcanDined on 12/27/2013Quiet, cozy, with great food and drinks. One of the best meals ive had in a whileSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.