Nick's Italian Kitchen
100 S Eola Drive Suite 104
Orlando, FL 32803Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Nick's Italian Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fmirestaurantgroup.com/
- Phone: (407) 781-0724
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full Service Catering available. Please Contact our Sales Department at 407-480-5650.
A word from Nick's Italian Kitchen
Nick's Italian Kitchen, located in the prestigious Sanctuary Building, part of the posh Eola Sqaure District, in the charming Thornton Park neighborhood in Downtown Orlando. Nick's Italian Kitchen brings to you classic Italian cuisine made from scratch with such staple items as ever-changing risotto, osso bucco, hand made pastas, home made stuffed lobster raviolis, fresh fish, fresh antipasta platters, prime steaks, and veal chops with an extensive wine list featuring wines from all over the world with an emphasis on Italian favorites. Nick's Italian Kitchen is beautifully decorated with table clothes, the finest crystal and stemware, with posh unpretentious service in a sophisticated yet approachable setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nick's Italian Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
- Staff needs training!UCFKimberley09Dined on 5/4/2013While dining at Nick's, the service is what really stood out most, and not in a positive light! Several times, our server had to go ask someone or go look when we asked if something was available. Also, she didn't seem to really know what was on the menu as she was also not able to answer questions without having to go ask someone else or look at the menu herself. Also, the server did not write down our orders, so this also led to confusion or forgotten items. When I go out to dinner, I expect that some mistakes may happen or the server may not have ALL the answers, but when it occurs over and over again, it shows that the staff is untrained and that unfortunately is a reflection of the management.
- Nick should be embarrassedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/4/2013Staff is not familiar with menu. Waitress brought wrong bottle of wine-asked for Cabernet and she brought Chardonnay. Ordered antipasto and had to ask for the cheese. Waitress had to look at menu to see if it came with the antipasto. Wife had cheese ravioli and the sauce was terrible. It was over cooked and had that dark and "smokey" flavor of almost burnt sauce. Told manager and he agreed and told the kitchen to add more tomatoes to to cut the "smokiness". I had the Penne a la vodka, not bad, but not good-Dry and not very flavorful. This is a poor excuse for Italian food. Nice location, but poor food and staff. The best part of the meal was they gave me a free taramisu, for my birthday, it was pretty good.
- A True Neighborhood GemEolaSwanDined on 4/27/2013We had a pre-theater time limit which they met with even a lot more time to spare than we asked for. The server was appropriately present, attentive, and solicitous, but never overbearing or hovering. He was forthright in his answers to our questions about various menu items, and his suggestions were "right on." Food portions were sizable, and a good dollar value in serving size as well as quality. Either order less or plan to take some home. Food was very good, but tepid when served. If you like your meal to be hot, perhaps a special request to serve it hot might help.Special Features:
- This was our third visit andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013This was our third visit and each time the wine that we ordered was "unavailable", but on the menu.-The server was quick to substitute, but the last time he suggested and showed our table a cheap bottle that he felt was a perfect substitute for the 32 dollar bottle I had chosen! The food was good, but not memorable,and not inexpensive. Don't know what is happening here. Not sure we would return.
- This was our first and lastOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/22/2013This was our first and last visit. Nothing to bring us back. The flatbread was tasty, but after biting down on an olive pit it was hard to enjoy. Perhaps the server could mention the pits to future guests. Better yet, the chef could use pitted olives. There was also an issue with the sound system when we were there. Not sure why it was decided to test this while they were open, but there were a few instances where the music was blaring. Not enjoyable at all. The best part of the meal was the bread and spread. Don’t change that.
- It was simply great!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/6/2013First time my friends and I visited and it was great. Everyone super friendly. Food was really good and we all left there stuffed and satisfied. Will come back definitely!Special Features:
- Will go back!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/27/2013Wow what a great place! Came with o idea what to expect left with a very positive impression. Our waiter was outstanding!Special Features:
- Although Happy Hour was listedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/19/2013Although Happy Hour was listed on the website (5-7pm), the restaurant no longer has happy hour specials. That's a miss!
- We started with a server,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/15/2013We started with a server, Josh, who gave great service - then we were handed off, and the service went downhill. Tried it because of a Living Social deal. Food was just ok. Appetizers were better than the entree's. Limited, overpriced wine list.. Probably wouldn't go back.
- This was the best last-minuteOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/1/2013This was the best last-minute decision I made all week! We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Nick's. The meatballs and spaghetti were tasty, and the perfect antidote for a very stressful day. My companion was also impressed with the fettucine Alfredo. The service was awesome. Our waiter was knowledgeable, personable, and helpful, especially with the wine selection.Special Features:
- Nick's Italian Kitchen isOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2013Nick's Italian Kitchen is a gem in Orlando. Nick's grandmother's special meat ball recipe is a throw back to the days of Sunday dinner and are a MUST!!! The Alfredo sauce is the best I've ever tasted.Special Features:
- Good food & service exceptOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/16/2013Good food & service except for the fact that they were out of the entre AND dessert I ordered. Nice place overall.Special Features:
- I was disappointed, that afterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013I was disappointed, that after having made the reservation about 3 weeks in advance, for Valentines day, we were seated in the back, next to the bar, (I was facing the wall) even though there was only one other couple in the entire restaurant. There was a prix fixe menu, which is fine but of the 4 entree choices, 2 were just pasta --- lasagna and spaghetti, a chicken dish, and something else with prosscutto!! nothing very creative or exciting for a Valentine Dinner. I had expected, maybe a flower or...something?? Nope.. Then I was really disappointed when the added the 20% to the tab, for just two people! The food was okay, but I won't be going back
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/9/2013The food and service were fantastic! We look forward to going back!Special Features:
- Worth giving it a tryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2013Owned by the same people that own the Prickly Pear next door but they could not be more opposite. This was really delicious food and pretty surroundings. They know who they are and keep within that remit. Prickly Pear was all over the place menu wise.Special Features:
- Great food, great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/25/2013Great food, great service. We will return. Watching the pedrestran traffic in the Thorthon Park area was an added treat. Combine this restaurant with a play or Magic game and you have a terrific night out.Special Features:
- Upon our arrival we were greetedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/19/2013Upon our arrival we were greeted and seated. That was it! After eight minutes and no one coming to our table, we got up and left.
- Waited an hour for bread andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/11/2013Waited an hour for bread and appetizers. Could barely get a server to refill our drinks. Food came out and was tasty, but presentation was aweful. Looked like food had been thrown onto the plates. Will not be dining here again.
- Very nice but empty when weOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/5/2013Very nice but empty when we arrived and 2 more tables when we left. Very empty for a Friday night. Great food and wine.Special Features:
- We went as a party of 8 forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012We went as a party of 8 for New Years Eve and had a good meal and goode time. Server was very helpful on the wine list. Could have used some music in the background but that is my only complaint.Special Features:
- Nice locationUnhappyDined on 12/30/2012Good venue with a limited but good quality wine list.Valet parking was inexpensive and convenient.Special Features:
- Great place to eat! ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/29/2012Great place to eat! Service was OUTSTANDING from Josh!Special Features:
- THis was our third visit tochfetteDined on 12/22/2012THis was our third visit to Nick's and the biggest disappointment. Food was mediocre at best, but service was good
- Food was good. Service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012Food was good. Service was attentive but a little slow.Special Features:
- It's expensive but the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/27/2012It's expensive but the food is delicious. I've already recommended it to other people.Special Features:
- Nick's was very good, andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/19/2012Nick's was very good, and it was very quiet there that evening. Our wine selection was very good, our waiter was very helpful, the only downfall to the evening was my appetizer. The calamari was a bit overdone, and hard to pick up with a fork, the shrimp however was very good.Special Features:
- excellent service and excellentAdymVIPDined on 10/6/2012excellent service and excellent food. portion are very large, be careful how many items you order unless you are ordering for the table. we couldn't finish our main courses.Special Features:
- really nice atmosphere. IMkorsDined on 10/4/2012really nice atmosphere. I was expecting the food quality to be good. Chicken dish was so salty. Duck was like gum.
- Nick's is a neighborhood gem!DeepBluFanDined on 9/29/2012Nick's is a neighborhood gem! It is cozy but the wine list is much more extensive than expected for a smaller restaurant. The food is fantastic with attentive service.Special Features:
- Apps and salads were excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012Apps and salads were excellent. Disappointed in the entrees. Lamb was over charred and veggies served cold. Seafood pasta was dry.Special Features:
- Great food and service. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2012Great food and service. The spagetti and meatballs were awesome.Special Features:
- Our first night at Nicks wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/21/2012Our first night at Nicks was fantastic. Food was delicious and presentation was first class. Service was great. It was rainy & stormy outside but it was a beautiful day inside. We had a wonderful time & cant wait to go back. We will be recommending this place to all our friends. Thank you Dr F & MrsSpecial Features:
- Finally a great Italian RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/21/2012I recently moved from New York to Orlando a couple of years ago. Anyone knows that New York has the best Italian cuisine this side of the Atlantic. Whenever I want a real good Italian meal, I travel back there, because I have been unable to find anything comparable. Nick's is not located in a tourist area. It is located in a unique area of downtown Orlando, near beautiful Lake Eola. Let me begin by stating that the service was impeccable. We went on a Friday evening when it first opened, at 5pm. My companion and I started off with the delicious antipasto appetizer; I then had the Veal Parmesian created from a nice thick veal chop and side of spaghetti with homemade sauce. It was to die for! Had to bring home a doggie bag.Special Features:
- Date Night Italian-without the kidsChristineBDined on 9/19/2012Although we live in Orlando, this was our first visit to Nick's. We had a lovely evening. The service was exceptional; our server was attentive and welcoming without hovering or acting too familiar. He had knowledge of the menu and wines and was patient in answering questions. The food was very good. If I could make one suggestion it would be to include a few more varied items suitable for a vegetarian or pescatarian (other than the obligatory eggplant parmesan type dish). All courses were delicious, and the red pepper puree in the butter was a nice touch for the bread. The ambiance was clean, crisp, and warm...the background music was lively but not too loud. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Our first time at Nick's.KathuggDined on 9/19/2012Our first time at Nick's. Mussels app tasted great, and the cheese/tomato caprese salad was great - dressing superb. My husband ordered a caesar salad separately and the steak but the server didn't tell us that the steak came with a salad so we got a caesar first then a regular salad with the meal, not good. He said steak was good but unreremarkable. I ordered the osso bucco. The pork had great flavor but the rissoto wasn't completely done, a little crunchy. The service was fabulous, waiter was very friendly and attentive, ambiance is great, location is great. Wish weather had been better as it would have been nice to dine outside - I'd recommend you try that - but the interior is very nicely done.
- This wa my fifth time at Nicks.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2012This wa my fifth time at Nicks. The good is wonderful. The wine never disappoints us. It is a great choiceSpecial Features:
- Exquisite Dining ExperienceCHfan4624Dined on 9/15/2012Nicky's Italian Kitchen is one of the best Italian restaurants in the Greater Orlando area. The food was exquisite. The calamari was fresh and prepared to perfection. The appetizer Meatballs were the best I've had at any restaurant in the area. The Caesar salad was simply delicious. Our entrees, veal park, Occo bucco, and the pasta with fresh lobster were simply amazing. And finally the zepolies were prepared perfectly. We especially loved the cappuccino, chocolate and Vanilla sauces. We can't wait to dine there again.Special Features:
- The great let down...OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/8/2012Night started out great. Server had great presence until they got busy, then we waited 25 minuted for him to check on our entree satisfaction! The appetizers were awesome, the entrees were terrible... My wife's Ossobucco was tough and gamey tasting.. My veal marsala was terribly overcooked...
- Service was poor. It was aCRS1VIPDined on 9/8/2012Service was poor. It was a Saturday evening, and the restaurant was obviously under staffed. Our drinks were never refilled during the meal. We noted seveal people get up and leave after 30 minutes without even placing a drink order. Food was good, but inconsistent. The antipasto was very good. The dessert was overpriced and undercooked, but was deducted from the bill without any question.
- Our server was excellent.JudiVIPDined on 9/8/2012Our server was excellent. Although we enjoyed our meal, we were disappointed as they seemed to be out of the wines we wanted and a few menu items.Special Features: