Nick's Fishmarket - Rosemont
10275 West Higgins Rd.
Rosemont, IL 60018Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Nick's Fishmarket - Rosemont
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.nicks-fishmarket.com/
- Phone: 8472988200x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
The Lounge opens Monday through Saturday at 4:00pm.
Lunch and Sundays are available for banquets only.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Roman Ramirez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Large or small, every gathering you entrust to us gives us the opportunity to delight you and your guests. From our exceptional service to our exquisite cuisine, you'll feel the difference from the moment you contact us.
- Private Party Facilities: Private & semi-private dining rooms are available. Nick's Fishmarket can accommodate up to 250 guests. Rooms can be equipped with audiovisual equipment. Special menus are offered for groups from 20 to 250 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Amanda Lembke 8472988202x
- Special Events: Close to the Allstate Arena, Rosemont Theatre and Rosemont Convention Center for events.
A word from Nick's Fishmarket - Rosemont
The cosmopolitan ambiance of Nick's Fishmarket in Rosemont brings downtown sophistication to its convenient O'Hare location. For meetings, professionals & travelers enjoy Nick's fine food & service. The private dining rooms at Nick's Fishmarket are the perfect setting for any special occasion. Nick's takes pride in serving fine wine and the freshest seafood available with attention to detail that is second to none.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Nick's Fishmarket - Rosemont - Best Restaurants in Rosemont ›
Nick's Fishmarket - Rosemont reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (29)romantic (23)notable wine list (15)fit for foodies (14)good for groups (8)neighborhood gem (3)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Very good as usual.ladydiDined on 9/13/2014I always celebrate my birthday at this restaurant and it doesn't hurt that I get $50 to use as a member.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as it use to bePapermanVIPDined on 9/10/2014The food was good but not outstanding which it always had been. The service really was lacking, they were not ready game night. I had a large group and they were too busy running around and not focused on getting the job done correctly. All they wanted to do was rush you. Over the past 7 years they just seem to be going down hill. They need to bring back their old GM George!!!Special Features:
- Better than downtownbrian030470Dined on 9/8/2014Great place in Rosemont for quiet conversation and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not greatBrendaVIPDined on 9/2/2014It was very disappointing. We don't drink are health conscious had a guest we were dining with. Food was just okay. High priced. 3 tables filled. Just dark and unfriendly staff. Our bill was $150+ for not much. We left a $30 tip but it wasn't worth it at all. We won't be coming back.Special Features:
- lost some pizazzOpenTableFarifaxVaVIPDined on 8/27/2014Had not been to the restaurant in a number of years. Seems to be ok but not a good seafood restaurant. Most of the steak houses server in the area have equal if not better seafood but not as large of selection. Service was good.
- Close to OHareBoyded2Dined on 8/23/2014A great dinner, close to the airport after a long day of travel delays! Couldn't have been better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014We went on a date night. Elegant and romantic we had a cozy booth lighting very sexy. We had a great time great food!Special Features:
- Excellent place for a dateOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014If you really enjoy your date this is a wonderful place to show itSpecial Features:
- Incredible Seafood DinnerAllenKDined on 8/15/2014It has been over 15 years since i was at Nicks Rosemont location. We were not disappointed in the slightest, the Service and the food was impeccable and I looking forward to returning much more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood, great serviceOldguyDined on 8/8/2014We visit Rosemont for a week once year. Last year we discovered Nick's and this year we returned and had even a better meal if that was possible. Our party had grouper, sole and the mixed grill. All the food was outstanding as were the salads. If you are staying near the convention center it's 2 to 3 miles away so you need a car (which we had) or you need to take a cab. It's a bit difficult to find but well worth. Compared to the chain McKormick and Schmidt Nick's wins hands down.Special Features:
- dinerVIPDined on 8/7/2014good business dinner location. We were there on a Thursday night, and they only had a few tables occupied. We were able to talk about business issues with minimal interruption. The food was quite good, and service was attentive, yet mindful of our need to talk without their "hovering".I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fish - decor is datedOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/31/2014Great experience with our client team; the fish choices were excellent. However, the interior is starting to look dated and needs a refresh - dark and old.Special Features:
- The bestRichardVIPDined on 7/21/2014They are very good at responding to requested changes and their fish is simply the best. I go back every time I travel through O'Hare.Special Features:
- OutstandingContessa55VIPDined on 7/18/2014We were staying at the Hyatt near O'Hare for business and wanted to find a nearby restaurant that was upscale. I chose this restaurant based on the reviews here and hoped for the best. It not only met but exceeded our expectations. The ambiance is lovely, and classic, and the quiet atmosphere was relaxing. Everything we tried was delicious and expertly prepared. The staff was friendly and attentive. Well worth the price.Special Features:
- BendyVIPDined on 7/12/2014Very good all around. Nevada Nicks salad was awesome and the fish was prepared well with very good accompanyments. Great service.Special Features:
- Nick's Fishmarket - Will Come Back!TheresaMDined on 7/11/2014The restaurant was quiet, perfectly lit for dinner. The service was great, the food was fantastic and I would definitely come back soon.Special Features:
- Service Excellent, Food FairPeggyDined on 6/17/2014I met friends on Tuesday night who were staying overnight near the airport and recommended Nick's because I had been there several years ago and loved it. The service was excellent, however, the food was not what I expected for the price. Friends had Shrimp and Scallops Tagliatelle and it was very rich and the seafood was smothered with the rich sauce and pasta, all tasted the same. I had the fish special Grouper, but it was a bit overcooked and very small portion. Wine was very pricey. Bottle of Santa Maguraita was 3 times the amt you can buy it in the store. Key lime dessert soso. I realize prices are higher at the airport restaurants, but would expect better food. Very quiet, not many people there.
- anniversary dinnerspecialtimesDined on 6/17/2014We always save Nick's for very special occasions and they never disappoint. The fish is so fresh and delightful. The Dover Sole is a house specialty and is was exceptional. This was our 25TH wedding anniversary and ths staff treated us wonderfully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceCanaryVIPDined on 6/13/2014Excellent food and service. the place is a bit empty which was strange and thus it was very quiet. the prices are on the high end, maybe this is why it wasn't busy on a Friday night dinner time.Special Features:
- pony2VIPDined on 6/7/2014excellent service. and fast. also loved the lighting feature that brightens to read the menu and dims for ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grouper to die forOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/19/2014The grouper special was fantastic, and we enjoyed another great dinner at Nicks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 599 reviews are from the Nick's Fishmarket - Rosemont reviews archive.
- Not exceptionalreservations4dinnerVIPDined on 5/15/2014I always wanted to go here because I heard it was fabulous. I was disappointed. I ordered one of the specials and found it to be okay, but not exceptional. My husband ordered off the menu and felt the same way. Our rice was cold and it was supposed to be just slightly more. The waitress brought additional rice, because she wanted to take the plates back and that would have overcooked our fish.Special Features:
- Incredible DinnerSearching4excellenceDined on 5/7/2014Nick's is an excellent choice for a Business Dinner or a romantic night out. The wine selection was excellent. Everything from salads to deserts were absolutely incredible and were presented beautifully. Naturally their seafood is the primary draw, and will not disappoint.Special Features:
- Elegant diningchunkyDined on 4/25/2014Nick's has long been one of our favorite special places to dine. We celebrated our anniversary and the food, service and ambiance was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurant!LizzieloveslobsterDined on 4/25/2014My husband & I have gone to Nick's to celebrate our anniversary for the last 4 years, I'm only sorry we couldn't afford it for the first 27 years of our marriage! This most recent visit was to celebrate birthdays & a job promotion. The service is fantastic and the food even better! The lobster bisque is otherworldly and the filet mignon melts in your mouth. My husband had the Chilean Sea Bass that he said was excellently prepared. The couple we were with had never been before and were very impressed as well. The decor and atmosphere have a "old school" feel to them that I enjoy. It is a bit pricey, but to my mind totally worth it for special occasions. I'm looking forward to our next visit already.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellenthoundDined on 4/18/2014Excellent place for special business meetings or an event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat there often, never disappointedDavidDined on 4/3/2014Just a really nice, elegant restaurant. Highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Exquisite Servicecharger1ownerDined on 3/29/2014Being a fish lover, I made reservations for an early dinner. My family enjoyed the quiet setting and low lighting. The wait staff was exceptional in service, offering suggestions when asked, and checking periodically. I was slightly disappointed that there wasn't freshwater fish available. However, my family thoroughly enjoyed our entries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but very expensiveTerriDined on 3/22/2014This was a great place to go to dinner on a Saturday night if you're going to the Rosemont Theater. Its just minutes away. Our waiter Nick was excellent. The food was very good - I had Chilean Sea Bass and my husband had the Red Grouper. Both were excellent. We also had the Maui Salad and the Chopped Salad.Bottles of wine on Saturday night are 1/2 price. That being said our dinner was $160 with the 1/2 price bottle of wine. We didn't even have dessert.We found it overpriced.
- Nectarous, nutritive nite at Nick'sFrFrankDined on 3/22/2014Food was scrumptious and beautifully presented. Ambiance is an A+ with leather-like high booths that feel quite private. Service was impeccable. This first class restaurant rates five stars. The only downside was the very paultry, puny pour of my neat B&B. Could you spare it, Nick?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but excellent1shadeofgrayDined on 3/15/2014Located in an office complex next to OHare, [in the same complex as Harry Carry's] this is a hard to find, and expensive restaurant, but the excellent service and great food make it perfect for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special place for special familiesFamilycelebratesDined on 3/15/2014Want to celebrate a birthday, anniversary or just catch up with your family? Nick's makes every effort to put the 'S' In your special evening! Great wine, great service and genuine servers Who wanted our family to have a special time together. And good memories were had by all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service but overpriced food.mbausDined on 3/13/2014It's like stepping back in time. It is well preserved ambience from the past. Clean but very dated. Just not what we had expected. It does have a nice romantic Old Chicago vibe. Overall the service was great and the food was very good, not great. I'd say just not worth the price. The goat cheese salad was fantastic, best part of my meal. Worth tying if you up for a $200 bill easily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EdviewEdReviewVIPDined on 3/11/2014I have been to this place three times, once with mywife and twice with clients. Each time has been outstanding. I rank it as one of the top seafood places in Chicago. It is a throwback restaurant, focused on service with great food in a very relaxing environment. It is at the other end of the spectrum from the small plate/whimsical chef's creation, bustling/noisy/packed dining experience. If you want great seafood, wonderful service in a very nice, relaxed environment, this is your kind of place. It is perfect for relaxed, conversation-focused dinners with wife and friends as well as clients.Special Features:
- Maitre D'Hotel good ServerWillmasterDined on 3/8/2014Maitre D'Hotel good Server fair but she was overworked Food was just ok Not as great as I remember Definitely overpriced which I expected but also expected better foodSpecial Features:
- Fantasic!MJT7Dined on 3/8/2014We had a pre concert dinner. Couldnt have asked for better service or better food! Would definitly come again!Special Features:
- Excellent....service, food,DianeDined on 3/7/2014Excellent....service, food, atmosphere. A late valentine dinner for us.....couldn't have been better.Special Features:
- My important restaurantsMikeDined on 3/7/2014I always enjoy certain restaurants that make me feel important, that's how I feel at Nick's Fishmarket.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RelaxingPaul924Dined on 3/1/2014What a diamond in the rough!!! Great food, great wine, even better ambience...5 stars all the way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood spot!MikeVIPDined on 2/22/2014For a Staurday, it was pretty quiet. They also had a special for half off all bottles of wine. That was a great deal. The black and blue seared ahi tuna was fantastic. The grouper and sea bass were delicious and their service was top notch. I would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.