Nick's Fishmarket - Rosemont
10275 West Higgins Rd.
Rosemont, IL 60018Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Nick's Fishmarket - Rosemont
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.nicks-fishmarket.com/
- Phone: 8472988200x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
The Lounge opens Monday through Saturday at 4:00pm.
Lunch and Sundays are available for banquets only.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Roman Ramirez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Large or small, every gathering you entrust to us gives us the opportunity to delight you and your guests. From our exceptional service to our exquisite cuisine, you'll feel the difference from the moment you contact us.
- Private Party Facilities: Private & semi-private dining rooms are available. Nick's Fishmarket can accommodate up to 250 guests. Rooms can be equipped with audiovisual equipment. Special menus are offered for groups from 20 to 250 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Amanda Lembke 8472988202x
- Special Events: Close to the Allstate Arena, Rosemont Theatre and Rosemont Convention Center for events.
A word from Nick's Fishmarket - Rosemont
The cosmopolitan ambiance of Nick's Fishmarket in Rosemont brings downtown sophistication to its convenient O'Hare location. For meetings, professionals & travelers enjoy Nick's fine food & service. The private dining rooms at Nick's Fishmarket are the perfect setting for any special occasion. Nick's takes pride in serving fine wine and the freshest seafood available with attention to detail that is second to none.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Nick's Fishmarket - Rosemont - Best Restaurants in Rosemont ›
Nick's Fishmarket - Rosemont reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (34)romantic (28)notable wine list (19)fit for foodies (14)good for groups (12)neighborhood gem (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Consistently a wonderful mealmikes4himDined on 10/20/2014I got to Nicks on a quarterly basis and have not ever been disappointed. The steak was perfectly cooked and the veggies were fresh! Great wine list and impeccable service! Thanks so much for the wonderful meal! This is a GREAT place for business conversations and meetings.Special Features:
- Not ImpressedJulieVIPDined on 10/18/2014I had dinner here for Sweetest Day this past Saturday. I had the Lobster Bisque soup which was delicious and had the Shrimp & Lobster Rissoto for my entrée. Although the soup was great, my entrée was not. I thought the Rissoto was way too rich tasting and there wasn't a balance. I could not finish my meal. My lobster was very elastic and over cooked. I asked for a side of melted butter thinking it would help the taste, it did not. The service was great but I would not return based on the quality of the seafood.Special Features:
- Waiters can be annoyingladydiDined on 10/18/2014Very nice restaurant, but watch the waiters they are so quick to pour wine,clear plates that we had to tell them not to touch the bottle of wine. Maybe they think they will sell anotherbottle but for us its annoying. As soon as you clean your plate they are right on top of you to take it away. I want to take my time and enjoy the dinner. we actually laughed and timed the waiters on how long it takes for them to grab the plate.Special Features:
- divantessDined on 10/18/2014The restaurant is very nice and me and my family dont mind spending money on a good meal. It is not worth the money at nick's. I can list a ton of seafood restaurants that are pricey but worth it........Nicks Fish Market is not one of them.
- Nick'sFineDiningDined on 10/16/2014We had guests from out of town and used this opportunity to try Nick's Fishmarket. The restaurant is very classy and the service was outstanding, but... the food was just OK. It is an overpriced restaurant considering the quality of the food and the amount of food that you get. We will not be returning and will stick with Wildfire and Cooper's Hawk.Special Features:
- Wonderful FoodBrentDined on 10/14/2014This was my first time at Nicks. Went on an off night so not very busy. Food was excellent and service was as well. Even though they were not very busy we had 3 or 4 folks taking care of us. Great experience and I recommend Nicks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice!CLO50VIPDined on 10/11/2014Although we got caught in traffic and arrived late, the staff was totally accommodating. The food was excellent (lobster and wild salmon) and the wine list very nice! Couldn't say enough good things about this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visit-will returnTwiceisniceVIPDined on 10/4/2014Visited Nick's on a Saturday night- the restaurant had a wine special. Had a nice bottle of wine at a 50% discount. This was our second visit and we had the same entrees as we did the first time because we enjoyed is so much. I had the lobster bisque and crab cake. So yummy! Service once again was excellent. We will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cornfantasticaDined on 10/3/2014We went there before a concert at All State Arena - nice and close, booths are the best seating with adjustable lighting. Service was excellent. We had the lobster bisque which was very good. I had the abalone, very tasty but expensive $56 for the portion. Not sure if that is typical never ate it before. My husband had the shrimp and scallop risotto, large portion. Food was very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nick's Fishmarket RosemontInfrequentReviewerDined on 10/3/2014It's hard to find. We passed it on Higgins Rd. We had to call them. It's in a building behind the Sheraton Hotel. Once we got there, the dining experience was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Special OccasionlcdinereviewDined on 9/30/2014I was there celebrating my birthday. The wait staff was very attentive. The Salmon special was great. The Chilean Sea Base was good. The martinis were great. I always enjoy going to Nick's for special occasion. I also love their house salad. The surprised me with a key lime pie desert for my birthday.Special Features:
- downunderVIPDined on 9/23/2014Service and food good, bit pricy. Shrimp Cocktail not worth the $16, only 4-5 medium shrimp.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food..service disappointingDhoffVIPDined on 9/20/2014For a restaurant that did not appear busy, service has a lot to be desired. The hostess was very friendly but the bartender clearly could not keep up with demand. Long waits to place an order and pay our tab. After we were seated we waited 15-20 minutes to have our order taken. There was no explanation of wine specials or daily catch of the day information. After ordering we waited another 15 minutes for our soup and salad. All of which was fantastic. The wedge salad, lobster bisque, entrees such as mixed grill which I got blackened, grouper, filet, lobster risotto..it was all excellent!!! Pricey but excellent. Ambience consistent with old Chicago. Nice place to go on a date or special occasion...just unsure why service was poor?Special Features:
- It was okayrodney0220Dined on 9/20/2014Not having been to Nick's for a long, long time, we went to celebrate our anniversary....the food was good, but not outstanding....the waiter, other than saying good evening, would you like a cocktail, are you ready to order, did not interact with us at all.....he placed a complimentary anniversary dessert on the table and walked away...strange....would we go back? probably not....
- Very good as usual.ladydiDined on 9/13/2014I always celebrate my birthday at this restaurant and it doesn't hurt that I get $50 to use as a member.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu, fantastic serviceJFeezy403Dined on 9/12/2014We went to Nick's after a concert at Allstate Arena, and couldn't have had a better time. Surprisingly it was not crowded at all, but I'm sure it has its moments. The staff was very attentive to us, and impeccable in their service. We started with oysters which were fresh and delicious. I ordered the abalone, which I haven't seen on menus here before, and was not disappointed. My husband had the sole, de-boned table side, and was likewise impressed. We will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as it use to bePapermanVIPDined on 9/10/2014The food was good but not outstanding which it always had been. The service really was lacking, they were not ready game night. I had a large group and they were too busy running around and not focused on getting the job done correctly. All they wanted to do was rush you. Over the past 7 years they just seem to be going down hill. They need to bring back their old GM George!!!Special Features:
- Great fish in Chicago - Rosemontcareful2Dined on 9/9/2014Three dinners all were all really great. Service perfect and paced great for business dinner and bread was great as necessary In Chicago Rosemont. All of us would go back in a minute and it makes a great alternative to the Mortons and Gibsons when over by Ohare area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than downtownbrian030470Dined on 9/8/2014Great place in Rosemont for quiet conversation and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not greatBrendaVIPDined on 9/2/2014It was very disappointing. We don't drink are health conscious had a guest we were dining with. Food was just okay. High priced. 3 tables filled. Just dark and unfriendly staff. Our bill was $150+ for not much. We left a $30 tip but it wasn't worth it at all. We won't be coming back.Special Features:
- lost some pizazzOpenTableFarifaxVaVIPDined on 8/27/2014Had not been to the restaurant in a number of years. Seems to be ok but not a good seafood restaurant. Most of the steak houses server in the area have equal if not better seafood but not as large of selection. Service was good.
- Close to OHareBoyded2Dined on 8/23/2014A great dinner, close to the airport after a long day of travel delays! Couldn't have been better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014We went on a date night. Elegant and romantic we had a cozy booth lighting very sexy. We had a great time great food!Special Features:
- Excellent place for a dateOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014If you really enjoy your date this is a wonderful place to show itSpecial Features:
- Incredible Seafood DinnerAllenKDined on 8/15/2014It has been over 15 years since i was at Nicks Rosemont location. We were not disappointed in the slightest, the Service and the food was impeccable and I looking forward to returning much more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood, great serviceOldguyDined on 8/8/2014We visit Rosemont for a week once year. Last year we discovered Nick's and this year we returned and had even a better meal if that was possible. Our party had grouper, sole and the mixed grill. All the food was outstanding as were the salads. If you are staying near the convention center it's 2 to 3 miles away so you need a car (which we had) or you need to take a cab. It's a bit difficult to find but well worth. Compared to the chain McKormick and Schmidt Nick's wins hands down.Special Features:
- dinerVIPDined on 8/7/2014good business dinner location. We were there on a Thursday night, and they only had a few tables occupied. We were able to talk about business issues with minimal interruption. The food was quite good, and service was attentive, yet mindful of our need to talk without their "hovering".I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fish - decor is datedOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/31/2014Great experience with our client team; the fish choices were excellent. However, the interior is starting to look dated and needs a refresh - dark and old.Special Features:
- The bestRichardVIPDined on 7/21/2014They are very good at responding to requested changes and their fish is simply the best. I go back every time I travel through O'Hare.Special Features:
- OutstandingContessa55VIPDined on 7/18/2014We were staying at the Hyatt near O'Hare for business and wanted to find a nearby restaurant that was upscale. I chose this restaurant based on the reviews here and hoped for the best. It not only met but exceeded our expectations. The ambiance is lovely, and classic, and the quiet atmosphere was relaxing. Everything we tried was delicious and expertly prepared. The staff was friendly and attentive. Well worth the price.Special Features:
- BendyVIPDined on 7/12/2014Very good all around. Nevada Nicks salad was awesome and the fish was prepared well with very good accompanyments. Great service.Special Features:
- Nick's Fishmarket - Will Come Back!TheresaMDined on 7/11/2014The restaurant was quiet, perfectly lit for dinner. The service was great, the food was fantastic and I would definitely come back soon.Special Features:
- The following 604 reviews are from the Nick's Fishmarket - Rosemont reviews archive.
- Service Excellent, Food FairPeggyDined on 6/17/2014I met friends on Tuesday night who were staying overnight near the airport and recommended Nick's because I had been there several years ago and loved it. The service was excellent, however, the food was not what I expected for the price. Friends had Shrimp and Scallops Tagliatelle and it was very rich and the seafood was smothered with the rich sauce and pasta, all tasted the same. I had the fish special Grouper, but it was a bit overcooked and very small portion. Wine was very pricey. Bottle of Santa Maguraita was 3 times the amt you can buy it in the store. Key lime dessert soso. I realize prices are higher at the airport restaurants, but would expect better food. Very quiet, not many people there.
- anniversary dinnerspecialtimesDined on 6/17/2014We always save Nick's for very special occasions and they never disappoint. The fish is so fresh and delightful. The Dover Sole is a house specialty and is was exceptional. This was our 25TH wedding anniversary and ths staff treated us wonderfully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceCanaryVIPDined on 6/13/2014Excellent food and service. the place is a bit empty which was strange and thus it was very quiet. the prices are on the high end, maybe this is why it wasn't busy on a Friday night dinner time.Special Features:
- pony2VIPDined on 6/7/2014excellent service. and fast. also loved the lighting feature that brightens to read the menu and dims for ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grouper to die forBaseballjunkieDined on 5/19/2014The grouper special was fantastic, and we enjoyed another great dinner at Nicks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not exceptionalreservations4dinnerVIPDined on 5/15/2014I always wanted to go here because I heard it was fabulous. I was disappointed. I ordered one of the specials and found it to be okay, but not exceptional. My husband ordered off the menu and felt the same way. Our rice was cold and it was supposed to be just slightly more. The waitress brought additional rice, because she wanted to take the plates back and that would have overcooked our fish.Special Features:
- Incredible DinnerSearching4excellenceDined on 5/7/2014Nick's is an excellent choice for a Business Dinner or a romantic night out. The wine selection was excellent. Everything from salads to deserts were absolutely incredible and were presented beautifully. Naturally their seafood is the primary draw, and will not disappoint.Special Features:
- Elegant diningchunkyDined on 4/25/2014Nick's has long been one of our favorite special places to dine. We celebrated our anniversary and the food, service and ambiance was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.