Nick's Fishmarket Maui
4100 Wailea Alanui Dr
Wailea, HI 96753Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Nick's Fishmarket Maui
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nicksfishmarketmaui.com/
- Phone: (808) 879-7224
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday, 5:30pm - 9:30pm. The bar is open from 5:00pm nightly. Happy Hour is offered at the bar from 5:00pm to 7:00pm nightly.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Hawaii Regional Cuisine
- Executive Chef: Geno Sarmiento
- Dress Code: Resort Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Open air, private dining room available that can accommodate up to 56. Food and beverage minimum for exclusive utilization of the entire restaurant for the evening: $20,000 excluding tax and service charge. Includes: hosted cocktail reception, if desired, customized dinner menu with the selection of a pre-fixe menu.
- Private Party Contact: Patricia Blackburn 8088794171x
- Special Events: Wine Tastings, Private Chef's Table Dinners, Customized Printed Menus are avaiable with set dinners to add that personal touch. Please contact us for more information or to begin making arrangements for your event.
A word from Nick's Fishmarket Maui
Nick’s Fishmarket Maui, located at the spectacular Fairmont Kea Lani Maui, offers the finest in local and mainland seafood in a lush, tropical paradise setting. The romantic flair of the Mediterranean is seen in the restaurant's decor from the rich earth tones of its color scheme, to the crisp white curves of its enchanting architecture. Patrons dining outdoors will fall under the spell of overhead, vine-covered trellises with fragrant stephanotis blossoms and sparkling lights, while looking out over the lush grounds of the hotel and onto the beautiful ocean view. Innovative, classic cuisine is the focus of this premier restaurant. Specialties include fresh Opakapaka, Mahi Mahi, Ahi, Opah, Hawaiian Spiny Lobster, and standards such as Prime New York steak, Rack of Lamb and Greek Chicken. Whether it be a romantic dinner, a family celebration, a business function or just a night out with friends, Nick's Fishmarket Maui is the Valley Isle's first choice in dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Nick's Fishmarket Maui - Best Restaurants in Wailea ›
Nick's Fishmarket Maui reviews from OpenTable diners
128 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (93)romantic (86)special occasion (77)scenic view (75)fit for foodies (59)notable wine list (39)good for groups (26)hot spot (18)kid-friendly (18)neighborhood gem (18)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Incredible food ....Best yetpeppattyDined on 11/26/2014Everything at Nicks Fishmarket was perfection...from the moment that you were greeted to the description of the specials and the beautiful setting which was then followed up by the best ceasar salad we have had on maui...the fish dishes were exceptional. It is expensive but worth the money as every morsel is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service marred an excellent mealsavannahDined on 11/24/2014Service was incredibly slow. Tables near us that arrived later than us, got menus, drinks & food before we got menus. Even after 2 comments, service still was slow. Our waiter seemed to disappear even before our order was placed, never to be seen again. No one asked how our meals were or if we wanted anything after dinner. A shame as the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was a very special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014As it was a big night of celebrations ( our engagement) we were very excited about the prospects of dining with you. Your service & ambience was superb! Then the wine flowed , followed by sensational food. The night was a huge success, many thanks to all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steady timeless excellence.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/20/2014This is the fifth time we have dined at Spago since 2003 and it continues to be a timeless gem. The food as always was phenomonal and the service top notch as well. You can't go wrong planning a special night out here while vacationing on Maui.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful SettingPsssstDined on 11/20/2014The restaurant setting is beyond belief. It feels like you are dining in a postcard. The staff could not have been more attentive and friendly and the food was amazing. The choices, the presentation and the taste of the food is exceptional and definitely worth the cost for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's Nick's !!!QuincymamaDined on 11/20/2014Always a lovely evening when we are dining at Nick's. The staff is so professional without being stuffy. The food is decadent from start to finish and we always start with the Tiger Eye - excellent !! This is a dining experience you'll love. Watch them put on a show when you order the strawberries - impressive and yummy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and servicemauiknutsonDined on 11/15/2014Staff (especially Lucas) are there to please and ensure you have a memorable dining experience. They will go out of there way to make it right, even if you made a mistake in ordering. Food was cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice for a romantic dinnerLyndaVIPDined on 11/14/2014We really enjoyed our dining experience at Nick's. The service was excellent and so was the food. We were there for Wailea Restaurant week so we took advantage of the $49 pre fixe menu. The pot stickers and homemade soup (crab/fresh fish chowder) were both great appetizers and the fresh island catch was delicious. The food came in a timely manner but we were never rushed. The atmosphere was nice - tables not too close together and the restaurant wasn't so loud that we couldn't enjoy conversation. Expensive, yes, but a nice spot to celebrate a special occasion.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to enjoy great food and relax.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/11/2014We stayed at the Fairmont Kea Lani and this restaurant was a great choice for our last night at he resort. Perfectly cooked food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding restaurantUU2014Dined on 11/10/2014Ambiance was excellent. Staff was exceptionally pleasant and helpful. The setting at the Fairmont Kea Lani was wonderful. We watched the torch lighting at sunset from our table. The food was served hot and the presentation was fit for a photographSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Save Your MoneyJillVIPDined on 11/7/2014I know it's a hotel but service was a joke. Waiters had no idea who was doing what, kept approaching with the same questions or the "cool hand towels" over and over. Ran out of the drink I ordered and after a weird apology didn't stick around to find out what else I wanted. Worse yet, all the food is so overwrought! Salsas on top of crusts over sauces. An appetizer of crab cake wrapped in ahi--a huge baseball of flavorless of crab wrapped in a slab of tuna that had been massaged and shaped to death. Very unappealing, no subtlety. My lobster came with vanilla something-or-other sauce and a side of mac 'n cheese carbonara!! Also flavorless. I could see the pancetta but not a hint of flavor. To their credit the creme brûlée was perfect.
- ExtraordinaryPleasedDined on 11/7/2014This was one of the best dining experiences that I have ever had, and I have had many! Great team service approach and incredible food! I can wholeheartedly recommend this restaurant! We will definitely return when we are in Maui!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nicks Fish Market awkward serviceTraveldinerDined on 11/5/2014We dined at Nicks while staying at the beautiful Fairmont Hotel in Wailea. Our meal took almost 3 hours from start to finish due to the extremely slow service. We were seated quickly got the iPad with the drink menu and sat and waited almost 20 minutes to order from a man we believe was the manager. Our waiter was there but did not come back. A total of 5 different people came to the table to help over the evening which felt disjointed. They were all friendly but never seemed to get the memo. It became excruciating waiting an hour to order food with long, long lapses in between each contact with staff. When the food came, my scallops were under cooked and my moms NY steak was flavorful but chewy and sinewy. go to Ko's At Fairmont it's nice.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/5/2014Mediocre food, mediocre service and high prices. A major disappointment
- Wonderful ServiceVernRoDined on 11/5/2014The food was great, but the service was excellent. We were staying over at the Grand Wialia and a staff member there recomended Nick's based on the service. You can get great food at any of the resorts, but it's the service that really sets them apart.Special Features:
- best experienceKStevensDined on 11/5/2014Our group reservations at another restaurant got messed up so we quickly looked for an alternative for 8. Luckily nicks had room, we had great food and the service was over the top. We had eaten at mamas fish house the night before and it was great but this beat it by mile with their ambiance, service and especially the food. The hotel is really pretty as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- horrible servicemehmehDined on 11/4/2014Service was horrible. Waiter cleared my table after main told us he would be back with a towel and dessert menu. We waiting at least 20min until someone realise we were just sitting there. All the other waiter tried not to make eye contact with when we were trying to get someone attention. We then ordered the creme brule. We were told there was none left. The table that finished their mains after us got to order before us and manage to get the last one. What a disappointing especially because it was my girlfriend's birthday and our last night in Maui and also here favourite dessert. Service is just horrible with the fops being so-so. Worest experience ever. Thought I treat my girlfriend but instead gave her the widest night in Maui
- Not worth the priceglenneuroVIPDined on 11/2/2014Great ambiance but the service while pleasant was uninformed and frankly not well schooled. To be working in a restaurant that feels entitled to charge outrageous dollars for what they serve, they must measure up. All were too young and inexperienced in hospitality. Overall the food was good but only if half the price. One can do better elsewhere.
- JazzyVIPDined on 10/31/2014The only complaint I have is that people at the bar were very loud otherwise we enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Honeymoon highlighthoneymoon14Dined on 10/31/2014Went here our last night of our honeymoon and wow what a great way to end our time in Hawaii. My husband is not a fish fan and ordered the lobster dish which he liked but I convinced him to just try my dish and to my surprise he said he liked mine better than his. That says a lot if a restaurant can turn a man who doesn't like fish into one who said he may need to change his view on fish. The service was top notch and staff was very attentive. We will go back again in a few years when we go back to Maui. Great night!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!FoodiebobDined on 10/28/2014We went here for our 25th wedding anniversary based on the reviews we read and we were not disappointed. Service, atmosphere and food were outstanding. They did it right for us by providing a great table that made for a romantic evening. Chocolate Decadence is incredible. We will definitely come back here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great setting, good serviceBritinPerthDined on 10/24/2014Very enjoyable time. The staff were excellent and the food was delicious. Impossible to find faultSpecial Features:
- JillOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Beautiful location and excellent food. The service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impress her hereDanielwnDined on 10/23/2014The best. A hi Oscar was perfect Chris and his staff were top notch.Special Features:
- Best service in MauijotelsDined on 10/22/2014The food was wonderful. The service was even better.Special Features:
- Under a canopy of lightsSnowgirlVIPDined on 10/21/2014Nick's is one of our go-to restaurants when we visit Maui for the great service, excellent fish, and ambiance. Although it is not right on the ocean, it overlooks the lovely grounds at the Kea Lani hotel. Palm trees, palm trees, ponds, and pools are lit at night for a delightful scene. The servers time the meal well. The opakapaka (pink snapper) was prepared exactly as we had ordered it. We were seated at one of the tables-for-two away from several larger parties with children, perfect for a romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurantJoaquinDined on 10/17/2014The food was simply outstanding, we tried different entrees and all of them were delicious. Same goes for the dessert. Service was very attentive and provided excellent recommendations. We will definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh fishDocmomDined on 10/15/2014The food was good. Fresh and tasty. Table near with water viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent fresh fishStefiDined on 10/12/2014Catch of the day was really amazing, also cooking combination well succeeded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JamesDined on 10/12/2014Outstanding meal, service and time. Very romantic. Fantastic serviceSpecial Features:
- Excellent!TothDined on 10/11/2014The food was fantastic and so was the service. We were a party of 10 adults and one two year old. Everyone enjoyed the the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ginGinnyDined on 10/9/2014Wonderful evening. Great table outside of main restaurant. Abalone excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnimpressedMauilover04Dined on 10/9/2014A fellow traveler had recommended this spot. It was close to our hotel so thought we'd give it a try. I wanted to love this place as the views are gorgeous as you walk down the stairs. The bread they start you w is amazing. The rest of the food was fair. We had the dumplings. They lacked the flavor I was expecting. The dinners were also mediocre. If it were me save your money for another nearby gem.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Excellent service and fantastic food! Food presentation was artistic and creative. TheSpecial Features:
- Very nice for a special occassionReturningHomeDined on 10/4/2014Very nice outdoor dining area that is great for a romantic dinner. Wait until just after sunset for outside dining for the sun can be warm and when seating facing west a bit of a challenge. Service and the food are excellent. Seafood sausage is a unique appetizer.Special Features:
- Perfect for DinnerLiketheFoodDined on 10/2/2014Location is is nice and easy to find. The hostess staff were welcoming and friendly. The waiters were exceptional, very attentive and helpful. The food was outstanding. We had the Opakapaka and Salmon. Both dishes were delectable. It was an experience you will remember. Outstanding in every way. Pricing was about what you would expect for the setting and known in advance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice nightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/26/2014The food was very good, not great but very good. Ambiance was nice.Special Features:
- StaffRossyg267Dined on 9/25/2014The staff was absolutely friendly and very informative, very helpful. We will defeneatly go again if we're in the area. This place was highly recommended by a friend , they were absolutely correct. Great place, great food, great ambiance, and great staff.Special Features:
- Lovely LocationLovethewinecountryVIPDined on 9/24/2014Nick's Fishmarket in the Kea Lani Hotel is in a great location. The service is a little crazy, there were at least 5 different people who came to our table to give us menus, take our drink order, our dinner order and our bill. It felt very overdone and not too sincere by any of them. The food was good but nothing exceptional and very expensive. We had the fried calamari appetizer which was good but came out luke warm. I had the Opakapaka fish which was very good and my husband had a filet which he enjoyed. Sitting outside on a warm night was very enjoyable and it is a beautiful hotel.Special Features:
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014Food was amazing and service is on point! You will be treated like royalty and want for nothing.I would recommend this to a friend.