Nick's Fishmarket Maui
4100 Wailea Alanui Dr
Wailea, HI 96753Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Nick's Fishmarket Maui
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nicksfishmarketmaui.com/
- Phone: 8088797224x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday, 5:30pm - 9:30pm. The bar is open from 5:00pm nightly. Happy Hour is offered at the bar from 5:00pm to 7:00pm nightly.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Hawaii Regional Cuisine
- Executive Chef: Geno Sarmiento
- Dress Code: Resort Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Open air, private dining room available that can accommodate up to 56. Food and beverage minimum for exclusive utilization of the entire restaurant for the evening: $20,000 excluding tax and service charge. Includes: hosted cocktail reception, if desired, customized dinner menu with the selection of a pre-fixe menu.
- Private Party Contact: Patricia Blackburn 8088794171x
- Special Events: Wine Tastings, Private Chef's Table Dinners, Customized Printed Menus are avaiable with set dinners to add that personal touch. Please contact us for more information or to begin making arrangements for your event.
A word from Nick's Fishmarket Maui
Nick’s Fishmarket Maui, located at the spectacular Fairmont Kea Lani Maui, offers the finest in local and mainland seafood in a lush, tropical paradise setting. The romantic flair of the Mediterranean is seen in the restaurant's decor from the rich earth tones of its color scheme, to the crisp white curves of its enchanting architecture. Patrons dining outdoors will fall under the spell of overhead, vine-covered trellises with fragrant stephanotis blossoms and sparkling lights, while looking out over the lush grounds of the hotel and onto the beautiful ocean view. Innovative, classic cuisine is the focus of this premier restaurant. Specialties include fresh Opakapaka, Mahi Mahi, Ahi, Opah, Hawaiian Spiny Lobster, and standards such as Prime New York steak, Rack of Lamb and Greek Chicken. Whether it be a romantic dinner, a family celebration, a business function or just a night out with friends, Nick's Fishmarket Maui is the Valley Isle's first choice in dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Nick's Fishmarket Maui - Best Restaurants in Wailea ›
Nick's Fishmarket Maui reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (79)romantic (67)scenic view (60)special occasion (59)fit for foodies (43)notable wine list (25)kid-friendly (16)good for groups (15)neighborhood gem (12)hot spot (11)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Fresh fishDocmomDined on 10/15/2014The food was good. Fresh and tasty. Table near with water viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent fresh fishStefiDined on 10/12/2014Catch of the day was really amazing, also cooking combination well succeeded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JamesDined on 10/12/2014Outstanding meal, service and time. Very romantic. Fantastic serviceSpecial Features:
- Excellent!TothDined on 10/11/2014The food was fantastic and so was the service. We were a party of 10 adults and one two year old. Everyone enjoyed the the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ginGinnyDined on 10/9/2014Wonderful evening. Great table outside of main restaurant. Abalone excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnimpressedMauilover04Dined on 10/9/2014A fellow traveler had recommended this spot. It was close to our hotel so thought we'd give it a try. I wanted to love this place as the views are gorgeous as you walk down the stairs. The bread they start you w is amazing. The rest of the food was fair. We had the dumplings. They lacked the flavor I was expecting. The dinners were also mediocre. If it were me save your money for another nearby gem.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Excellent service and fantastic food! Food presentation was artistic and creative. TheSpecial Features:
- Very nice for a special occassionReturningHomeDined on 10/4/2014Very nice outdoor dining area that is great for a romantic dinner. Wait until just after sunset for outside dining for the sun can be warm and when seating facing west a bit of a challenge. Service and the food are excellent. Seafood sausage is a unique appetizer.Special Features:
- Perfect for DinnerLiketheFoodDined on 10/2/2014Location is is nice and easy to find. The hostess staff were welcoming and friendly. The waiters were exceptional, very attentive and helpful. The food was outstanding. We had the Opakapaka and Salmon. Both dishes were delectable. It was an experience you will remember. Outstanding in every way. Pricing was about what you would expect for the setting and known in advance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice nightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/26/2014The food was very good, not great but very good. Ambiance was nice.Special Features:
- StaffRossyg267Dined on 9/25/2014The staff was absolutely friendly and very informative, very helpful. We will defeneatly go again if we're in the area. This place was highly recommended by a friend , they were absolutely correct. Great place, great food, great ambiance, and great staff.Special Features:
- Lovely LocationLovethewinecountryVIPDined on 9/24/2014Nick's Fishmarket in the Kea Lani Hotel is in a great location. The service is a little crazy, there were at least 5 different people who came to our table to give us menus, take our drink order, our dinner order and our bill. It felt very overdone and not too sincere by any of them. The food was good but nothing exceptional and very expensive. We had the fried calamari appetizer which was good but came out luke warm. I had the Opakapaka fish which was very good and my husband had a filet which he enjoyed. Sitting outside on a warm night was very enjoyable and it is a beautiful hotel.Special Features:
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014Food was amazing and service is on point! You will be treated like royalty and want for nothing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal on MauiChristleballDined on 9/18/2014We found our favorite place! We are here our first night and fell in love. I had reservations every night before we arrived except one for that special place. We came back to nicks. The service is unbelievable and I could go on all day about the food. This place is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceJazzDined on 9/12/2014Friendly, attentive wait staff. The ahi "poi pounder" appetizer was amazing presentation and taste. The roasted beet and farro salad was worth seconds with a stunning presentation. Both fish entrees were elegantly executed, beautiful and delicious. We'll go back.Special Features:
- MrfoodhappyDined on 9/11/2014Excellent food had a beautiful view and great serviceSpecial Features:
- Amazing placehristohrDined on 9/9/2014The food and service was amazing! Great view to enjoy the sunset while eating dinner as well. Nick's has the best Mai Tai I ever had. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NotcomingbackDined on 9/6/2014Mediocre food, especially considering price. Overcooked, tasteless lobster. Served on bed of mac & cheese!
- AmazingBonbonDined on 9/3/2014Everything was impeccable! Friendly staff full of information and pointers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typical hotel food, NOT A CHANCE!!!SteraynavDined on 9/2/2014When we ordered drinks, they told me that they were out of my favorite, so started the meal. However with the first taste of the tuna special and a salmon dish from the menu, we were shocked, THE BEST FISH WE HAD IN MAUI. The ambiance allowed for a comfortable and intimate dining experience with a friendly staff providing excellent service.Special Features:
- Amazing!alkoiv24VIPDined on 9/2/2014We ate here based upon a recommendation from my dad who loved this place. Nick's did not disappoint! The food was excellent and the service was outstanding. My husband could not stop talking about how great the whole experience was. The only disappointing thing was that there was a lady going around taking pictures at each table and she never stopped at our table, before we could ask she was gone for the night. The strawberry dessert they light on fire is great!Special Features:
- Perfect dining experienceJoeyV328Dined on 8/29/2014Great experience all around. Truly a Five Star dining experience from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food Fair serviceMsheffVIPDined on 8/28/2014We've been here before and were impressed but tonight must have been an off night. The food was great, my wife had the spiny lobster on mac and cheese and I had the Ahi Oscar. Both were great meals with great favors. The potstickers appetizer with the pineapple curry sauce was delicious. The problem was that we never had attentive service. We had to ask for bread and refills. We tried to find out some of the ingredients in the food but the waiter seemed bothered and was pulled away mid sentence and never returned. It is too nice of a restaurant to have that poor of service. We'll try again and hope it was the exception and not the rule.Special Features:
- Excellent food, excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/25/2014We came here after a bad experience at another local restaurant and were beyond thrilled with our experience. I made a reservation at Nick's for the wrong day and they graciously made an adjustment and found a great table for my husband and I in an intimate location. The food was to die for and drinks were exceptional. Customer service was phenomenal. This dining experience made our honeymoon extra sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous experience! 10/10!!!Ozdiners01Dined on 8/24/2014Food was fresh, delicious and well presented. Excellent service! Every time I looked up someone was there to help. Food came out quickly too. Atmosphere was beautiful- warm breeze, soft lighting, with a beautiful view. Love love love this restaurant!!! Favourite so far in Wailea!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedNYCMomDined on 8/24/2014My husband and I visited for a rare date night away from the kids. The servers reminded me of kids pretending to be waiters at a fancy restaurant instead of the low key nice servers you find at truly top restaurants. Our table outside was lovely although it looked onto the pool rather than the ocean. Our appetizers were the ahi poke (with way too much crab meat) and my husband had the oysters with ahi - fine but nothing special. For the main course I ordered the daily special - opah Milanese - the Milanese - delicious but would have been better with a lighter fish that was seasoned more. My husband described his lobster with Mac & cheese as "clunky". They do have a nice selection of wines by the glass. Wish we had enjoyed it more.
- Anniversary dinner @ Nick'sMauiRealEstateGuruDined on 8/23/2014Dining al fresco @ Nick's Fish Market is sublime. Love the tropical setting, pool side location and ocean view. Maui Real Estate GuruSpecial Features:
- Celebrating our union!MauiedDined on 8/22/2014We came to Maui to get married with 10 of our closest friends. Nicks came highly recommended and it did not disappoint. The food was delicious and the service was top notch! Thank you for starting our marriage off right!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Honeymoon diningHawaiiMoonersDined on 8/21/2014We are at Nick's during our honeymoon stay and had a wonderful experience. It was a late dinner and we skipped the "cocktail" course. We also split an entree, which made dinner very affordable. The fish was perfectly cooked and the sauce was so delicious that we were practically licking the plate. They even brought us a free dessert to celebrate out special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sp4MendyDined on 8/20/2014Nick's Fishmarket is one of our standards. We had a very pleasant dinner with a great seat outside--despite having a couple with three small children next to usSpecial Features:
- excellentdwieg47Dined on 8/19/2014We went to Nick's for our anniversary and had a great experience. Highly recommend Nick's for all occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nick's is our favorite!MauiDinerVIPDined on 8/16/2014Nick's Fishmarket is one of our family's favorite restaurants anywhere. The service is unmatched, the food is creative and delicious, and the setting at the Kea Lani is beautiful. We've been dining at Nick's for years, and they have never failed to deliver an amazing evening. It's worth every penny, and more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingDougbertsVIPDined on 8/15/2014In past a periodic treat because of the very high prices, this visit disapointed because of the slow and desultory serivce and the main courses prepared slightly off requested temperature. Beautiful setting and we get our requested banquet. But some of the "specialness" has dissipated.Special Features:
- We had a great dinner at NicksWatsondinningDined on 8/12/2014We were looking for a nice dinner to have on our last night in Hawaii and it was my sons 6th birthday so we needed something kid friendly. We took a chance on nicks and glad we did. They had a kid menu which was nice for our two kids. I had the special which was an opah and my wife had the filet. Both were excellent and the service was great. They have several waiters helping you and my water glass never got empty. One of the waiters overheard it was my sons Birthday and brought him a special desert with happy birthday written in chocolate sauce on the edge of the plate. Nicks is pricey but so are most of the restauants in wiallia. You really can't go wrong here for a romantic dinner or dinner with the family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mario29Mario29Dined on 8/7/2014Perfect fishfood, very good service and nice ambienteSpecial Features:
- Worth ItMac63VIPDined on 8/4/2014A few days ago we led a party of 9 to dine at sunset at Nick's. We have been there about ten times now over the last 10 years or so. We have never been disappointed. Far from it, the food is incredible, the service is first class, and the scene at the Kea Lani hotel is magnificent. Yes, the prices at Nick's are very high, but worth it. Make dining at Nick's the crowing celebration of your vacation, and you will be as happy with this place as we are year in and year out.Special Features:
- Simply WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/23/2014We have been traveling to Maui for over 10 years now, and have brought our daughters with us since they were age 4. They can't wait until our sunset dinner at Nicks. Great service and attention to details, delicious fresh fish entrees. The Wowie Maui Greek Salad is to die for! Look forward to next year.Special Features:
- We Love Nicks!DGWrightDined on 7/23/2014Every time we go to Maui we absolutely have to go to Nicks (at least twice) and always always the very first night we get there! What a way to start off our vacation!Special Features:
- Amazing Gluten-Free MealEmilyVIPDined on 7/18/2014Dining out with celiac and a dairy-allergy can be difficult, but Nick's was so amazing about catering to me. Upon hearing of my allergies, toasted gluten-free bread was delivered to the table and they were able to concoct a frozen drink without dairy for me- the only place on the island to do so! The service was impeccable and food was absolutely amazing. Definitely a special memory of Maui and I highly recommend the restaurant.Special Features:
- Very tasty, slow servicekdekasVIPDined on 7/17/2014Not sure if the service was operating on Hawaiian time or not, but it took 90 mins for our entrees to arrive!!