Nick's Fishmarket Maui
4100 Wailea Alanui Dr
Wailea, HI 96753Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Nick's Fishmarket Maui
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nicksfishmarketmaui.com/
- Phone: 8088797224x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday, 5:30pm - 9:30pm. The bar is open from 5:00pm nightly. Happy Hour is offered at the bar from 5:00pm to 7:00pm nightly.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Hawaii Regional Cuisine
- Executive Chef: Geno Sarmiento
- Dress Code: Resort Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Open air, private dining room available that can accommodate up to 56. Food and beverage minimum for exclusive utilization of the entire restaurant for the evening: $20,000 excluding tax and service charge. Includes: hosted cocktail reception, if desired, customized dinner menu with the selection of a pre-fixe menu.
- Private Party Contact: Patricia Blackburn 8088794171x
- Special Events: Wine Tastings, Private Chef's Table Dinners, Customized Printed Menus are avaiable with set dinners to add that personal touch. Please contact us for more information or to begin making arrangements for your event.
A word from Nick's Fishmarket Maui
Nick’s Fishmarket Maui, located at the spectacular Fairmont Kea Lani Maui, offers the finest in local and mainland seafood in a lush, tropical paradise setting. The romantic flair of the Mediterranean is seen in the restaurant's decor from the rich earth tones of its color scheme, to the crisp white curves of its enchanting architecture. Patrons dining outdoors will fall under the spell of overhead, vine-covered trellises with fragrant stephanotis blossoms and sparkling lights, while looking out over the lush grounds of the hotel and onto the beautiful ocean view. Innovative, classic cuisine is the focus of this premier restaurant. Specialties include fresh Opakapaka, Mahi Mahi, Ahi, Opah, Hawaiian Spiny Lobster, and standards such as Prime New York steak, Rack of Lamb and Greek Chicken. Whether it be a romantic dinner, a family celebration, a business function or just a night out with friends, Nick's Fishmarket Maui is the Valley Isle's first choice in dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Nick's Fishmarket Maui - Best Restaurants in Wailea ›
Nick's Fishmarket Maui reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (84)romantic (77)scenic view (74)special occasion (67)fit for foodies (45)notable wine list (24)kid-friendly (17)good for groups (14)neighborhood gem (11)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (4)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Perfect dining experienceJoeyV328Dined on 8/29/2014Great experience all around. Truly a Five Star dining experience from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food Fair serviceMsheffVIPDined on 8/28/2014We've been here before and were impressed but tonight must have been an off night. The food was great, my wife had the spiny lobster on mac and cheese and I had the Ahi Oscar. Both were great meals with great favors. The potstickers appetizer with the pineapple curry sauce was delicious. The problem was that we never had attentive service. We had to ask for bread and refills. We tried to find out some of the ingredients in the food but the waiter seemed bothered and was pulled away mid sentence and never returned. It is too nice of a restaurant to have that poor of service. We'll try again and hope it was the exception and not the rule.Special Features:
- Excellent food, excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/25/2014We came here after a bad experience at another local restaurant and were beyond thrilled with our experience. I made a reservation at Nick's for the wrong day and they graciously made an adjustment and found a great table for my husband and I in an intimate location. The food was to die for and drinks were exceptional. Customer service was phenomenal. This dining experience made our honeymoon extra sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous experience! 10/10!!!Ozdiners01Dined on 8/24/2014Food was fresh, delicious and well presented. Excellent service! Every time I looked up someone was there to help. Food came out quickly too. Atmosphere was beautiful- warm breeze, soft lighting, with a beautiful view. Love love love this restaurant!!! Favourite so far in Wailea!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedNYCMomDined on 8/24/2014My husband and I visited for a rare date night away from the kids. The servers reminded me of kids pretending to be waiters at a fancy restaurant instead of the low key nice servers you find at truly top restaurants. Our table outside was lovely although it looked onto the pool rather than the ocean. Our appetizers were the ahi poke (with way too much crab meat) and my husband had the oysters with ahi - fine but nothing special. For the main course I ordered the daily special - opah Milanese - the Milanese - delicious but would have been better with a lighter fish that was seasoned more. My husband described his lobster with Mac & cheese as "clunky". They do have a nice selection of wines by the glass. Wish we had enjoyed it more.
- Anniversary dinner @ Nick'sMauiRealEstateGuruDined on 8/23/2014Dining al fresco @ Nick's Fish Market is sublime. Love the tropical setting, pool side location and ocean view. Maui Real Estate GuruSpecial Features:
- Celebrating our union!MauiedDined on 8/22/2014We came to Maui to get married with 10 of our closest friends. Nicks came highly recommended and it did not disappoint. The food was delicious and the service was top notch! Thank you for starting our marriage off right!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Honeymoon diningHawaiiMoonersDined on 8/21/2014We are at Nick's during our honeymoon stay and had a wonderful experience. It was a late dinner and we skipped the "cocktail" course. We also split an entree, which made dinner very affordable. The fish was perfectly cooked and the sauce was so delicious that we were practically licking the plate. They even brought us a free dessert to celebrate out special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sp4MendyDined on 8/20/2014Nick's Fishmarket is one of our standards. We had a very pleasant dinner with a great seat outside--despite having a couple with three small children next to usSpecial Features:
- excellentdwieg47Dined on 8/19/2014We went to Nick's for our anniversary and had a great experience. Highly recommend Nick's for all occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nick's is our favorite!MauiDinerVIPDined on 8/16/2014Nick's Fishmarket is one of our family's favorite restaurants anywhere. The service is unmatched, the food is creative and delicious, and the setting at the Kea Lani is beautiful. We've been dining at Nick's for years, and they have never failed to deliver an amazing evening. It's worth every penny, and more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingDougbertsVIPDined on 8/15/2014In past a periodic treat because of the very high prices, this visit disapointed because of the slow and desultory serivce and the main courses prepared slightly off requested temperature. Beautiful setting and we get our requested banquet. But some of the "specialness" has dissipated.Special Features:
- We had a great dinner at NicksWatsondinningDined on 8/12/2014We were looking for a nice dinner to have on our last night in Hawaii and it was my sons 6th birthday so we needed something kid friendly. We took a chance on nicks and glad we did. They had a kid menu which was nice for our two kids. I had the special which was an opah and my wife had the filet. Both were excellent and the service was great. They have several waiters helping you and my water glass never got empty. One of the waiters overheard it was my sons Birthday and brought him a special desert with happy birthday written in chocolate sauce on the edge of the plate. Nicks is pricey but so are most of the restauants in wiallia. You really can't go wrong here for a romantic dinner or dinner with the family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mario29Mario29Dined on 8/7/2014Perfect fishfood, very good service and nice ambienteSpecial Features:
- Worth ItMac63VIPDined on 8/4/2014A few days ago we led a party of 9 to dine at sunset at Nick's. We have been there about ten times now over the last 10 years or so. We have never been disappointed. Far from it, the food is incredible, the service is first class, and the scene at the Kea Lani hotel is magnificent. Yes, the prices at Nick's are very high, but worth it. Make dining at Nick's the crowing celebration of your vacation, and you will be as happy with this place as we are year in and year out.Special Features:
- Simply WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/23/2014We have been traveling to Maui for over 10 years now, and have brought our daughters with us since they were age 4. They can't wait until our sunset dinner at Nicks. Great service and attention to details, delicious fresh fish entrees. The Wowie Maui Greek Salad is to die for! Look forward to next year.Special Features:
- We Love Nicks!DGWrightDined on 7/23/2014Every time we go to Maui we absolutely have to go to Nicks (at least twice) and always always the very first night we get there! What a way to start off our vacation!Special Features:
- Amazing Gluten-Free MealEmilyVIPDined on 7/18/2014Dining out with celiac and a dairy-allergy can be difficult, but Nick's was so amazing about catering to me. Upon hearing of my allergies, toasted gluten-free bread was delivered to the table and they were able to concoct a frozen drink without dairy for me- the only place on the island to do so! The service was impeccable and food was absolutely amazing. Definitely a special memory of Maui and I highly recommend the restaurant.Special Features:
- Very tasty, slow servicekdekasVIPDined on 7/17/2014Not sure if the service was operating on Hawaiian time or not, but it took 90 mins for our entrees to arrive!!
- OutstandingPennyBDined on 7/15/2014One of the best meals I've ever had! We all (family of 5) tried something different, and everything was fantastic. The sea food was so fresh and wonderful and the service couldn't have been better. Overall perfect dining experience for our first night in Maui!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good experiencefransapVIPDined on 7/9/2014Though there appeared to be several servers working as a team to serve us, the service was very much lacking. We ordered a drink and had to ask twice, ordered iced tea and it took us asking 3 different people to get it and a refill was promised but never received. The food was good, but the poor service was intolerable.
- PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/6/2014The restaurant was very good but it was extremely expensive.
- Beautiful EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/5/2014We ate here ten years ago on our honeymoon, and it was just as I remembered. We both had the mahi mahi and it was to die for. Everything was amazing here. Thank you for making us feel special on our anniversary.Special Features:
- Good food.DanielleDined on 6/29/2014We always eat here while visiting Maui and chose to celebrate my husband's birthday here the night we arrived. We each had a drink at the bar before dinner - good service there. My husband ordered the tuna, I had filet mignon and both were very good. Unfortunately we had what was, I think, an isolated incident with an insulting server. It did put a damper on the evening, but overall I would still recommend Nick's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HORRIBLE!TwilatlDined on 6/28/20144th time there. Was excited. Horrible food! Lied about abalone being fresh. Waited 1 hr. Abalone has 2 b thawed out later we were told. AWFUL FOOD! DO NOT GO TO NICKS. AWFUL AWFUL. Room service would be better. BUT NOT AT THE FAIRMON KEI LANI!!
- Awesome as usual!TibfoodieVIPDined on 6/25/2014Nicks never disappoints. We have been there over 5 times and the food is always good. Service for the most part is spot on although now and again there are some hiccups. A must on Maui!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special EveningDiscerningDined on 6/25/2014We celebrated our 43rd wedding anniversary. The wait staff were wonderfully attentive but not intrusive. Their recommendations were welcomed and definitive. The food was good and attractively presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014No veggie included and the fish was not cooked thoroughly.
- Exceeded expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/19/2014We had some not so great experiences at other "hotel restaurants" in the area. Nick's was by far the best of those and also was the best overall dining experience we had in the South Maui area. We have already referred Nick's to several friends and will continue to do so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantStevenDined on 6/18/2014We were very pleased with the food and service. Everything was of the highest quality.Special Features:
- Dave & Brenda AustinVolgradDined on 6/17/2014Awesome experience! While the dinner was exceptional, we were so pleased with the service we received from Lucas, Chris and our other servers. Yes, we had four people attending our table! With this, one might think your table woul be overrun with fussing staff. Not so. Lucas, our main server, kept a discrete eye on our table, attending to any need promptly. Chris dropped by, chatted for a moment and making sure we were being taken care of. Everyone was pleasant, personable and professional. As if to add an exclamation point to our evening, we were presented with a special dessert with "Congratulations" written in chocolate around the top of the serving plate. We were celebrating our marriage and Nick's made it even more memorable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/12/2014I made my reservation at 6:30pm then changed it by mistake to 7:30pm. It happened that I was at the pool by that time and when I went to change my ressie the mgr was too busy to come out&assist me. They advised me to go to the 2nd floor&hv concierge help me. Long story short I was going to cancel my ressie and did not after Jacqueline the hostess assisted me. He customer service skills are beyond compare. When dinner start Chris took my wine order but no one serve it till almost 20m when I asked Alex about my wine. Overall the team did a good job they were all very knowledgable but we were not sure who is our server because we had 3 or 4 of them and we had to repeat our self when it comes to wine pouring. Food was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor dining. Good food.ShariVIPDined on 6/12/2014We ate here before & raved about it. Food was great. Service attentive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great view.AnneDined on 6/3/2014While we enjoy Nick's, one experience marred our recent visit. we hadn't even been seated yet and the red headed hostess asked my husband to remove his hat due to dress code. He always removes his hat and gives it to me to put in my purse. She needed to give him a chance to do it before saying something. He was annoyed for the next 20 minutes after we sat down. It was also her tone. Yet, the restaurant didn't seem to mind sitting us next to two separate tables with misbehaving, screaming kids. We like Nick's but would prefer a different environment than the one we experienced the other night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekTommiLee66Dined on 5/31/2014We went to try their Restaurant Week menu. Normally, we would not go somewhere this pricey. The meal was delicious. Service was very attentive, even tho' they were very busy. Wine list was pretentious, which means VERY expensive! I would not go back for that reason. A nice glass of wine should not cost $20! The location is nice, but mostly because of Maui's beatiful weather!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing service huge factorWaileaWahineVIPDined on 5/30/2014Dined at Nicks for a Wailea a Restaurant Week. We try to avoid hotel restaurants usually since so expensive and tourist-centric, but the special meal pulled us in. So glad we went! Beau the waiter was totally on his game, the food was great, and although the wine list is pricey there were a few good choices,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Nicks!!ChasDined on 5/26/2014Best place to have a nice romantic dinner. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Great Wailea RestaurantNicksDined on 5/24/2014Always great food and great setting. This was our 4th trip to Nicks.Special Features:
- Great restaurantweekendinmauiDined on 5/24/2014Service was excellent, no equal in wailea. Fish was delicious. Oysters were best ever. Kids menu was awesome as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/23/2014We ate at Nick's 2 times while visiting Wailea last week. Food and service was top notch!! Highly recommend the Kahlua pig pot stickers and the chocolate decadence dessert. Out of all of the restaurants we visited - the service we received while dining here was the best. We had several people helping us and checking in on us. We will definitely be back when we visit Maui again.Special Features: