23240 State Route One
Marshall, CA 94940Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nickscove.com/
- Phone: 4156631033x
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday Brunch: 10am-3pm
Midday Menu (daily): 3pm - 5pm
Nick's Happy Hour 3pm-6pm Monday-Thursday
Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Locals' Night - Every Tuesday, Live Music 6:00-9:00
Sunsets Happen Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Austin Perkins
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: A great collection of local musicians provide entertainment for our Locals' Night every Tuesday. Check out our Facebook page or our website for detailed information on who's playing. www.nickscove.com
- Special Events: We welcome special events such as oyster and wine tastings, wine maker dinners, local farm-to-table dinners, antique car club outings and artisan food producer seminars. We host farmer's dinner with Marin Organic as well as our monthly Vintner Dinner series. For additional information, please see our Events page on our website www.nickscove.com
- Cross Street: Tomales-Petaluma Road
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Mandated by CalTrans, Nick's Cove provides complimentary valet parking Saturdays, Sundays and holidays. On other days, patrons may park their vehicles in our parking lot which is located on the east side of Highway One.
A word from Nick's Cove
Nick's Cove, an historic restaurant located on the gorgeous shores of Tomales Bay, offers local, fresh and sustainable food that is tasteful and simply prepared. Our wine list also features treasures from local wine-makers as well as wines both organic and conventional from New Zealand, France and Spain. For complete menu details and wine selections consult our website at www.nickscove.com.Continued
Don't forget to take a peek at our 12 beautifully restored cottages! We accept OpenTable dollars in the hotel as well as the restaurant.
Don't forget to take a peek at our 12 beautifully restored cottages! We accept OpenTable dollars in the hotel as well as the restaurant.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Nick's Cove - Best Restaurants in Marshall ›
Nick's Cove reviews from OpenTable diners
113 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (101)fit for foodies (52)special occasion (51)romantic (50)great for lunch (41)great for outdoor dining (37)great for brunch (34)neighborhood gem (31)good for groups (28)notable wine list (25)kid-friendly (24)vibrant bar scene (14)hot spot (9)late-night find (5)Show More
- Oysters and MoreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Great atmosphere, great food, great service. The oysters, crab cakes and heirloom tomato salad were sublime. The strawberry pie was incredible. Kate was our server and she was knowledgeable, charming and altogether impeccable in her service. The view from the dining room and deck is breathtaking. Be sure to spend some time in the boat shack at the end of the dock. On a cool night you can enjoy the wood burning stove while sipping some wine. Quite romantic! Nick's is a long way from home for me but I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Nick's Cove - A destination!WeTwoDined on 8/30/2014For great food, service and scenic view of the Tomales Bay (it's on the shore) you can't beat Nick's Cove.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded ExpectationsLuvSonomaDined on 8/29/2014Our foodie friends recommended Nick's Cove and we are glad they did. The best salmon I've had. The wine selection is excellent. We are now regulars!Special Features:
- crewDined on 8/23/2014Ambience and view was fantastic. Wait staff was personable, knowledgeable, ever so friendly. Drinks and appetizers were served promptly and then there was a mysterious lag and delay in the entrees being served. Unfortunate but definitely will come back.Special Features:
- Great lunchartichokeDined on 8/19/2014Nick's is an excellent restaurant.. the food,location ,staff, would be hard to beat.. Used to go to Nick's long time ago and was looking forward to this visit..Met all expectations and more..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieDined on 8/19/2014The food was average. Nothing special. View is nice.
- Along our route & absolutely great!TravelingFoodieDined on 8/14/2014In planning a West Coast adventure, which included a notable day trip on Route 1 between Sausalito and Wine Country, we realized we needed to find a place along the route to have dinner (an anniversary dinner to be exact). A couple of Google searches later yielded Nick's Cove and the fact that it is located in Marshall on Tomales Bay, California's Oyster capital (we're Oyster lovers), was a real plus. So I made the reservation on OpenTable and we both excitedly looked forward to this part of the trip. Well, Nick's Cove did not disappoint! The restaurant was warm, rustic and romantic. Our server was very friendly and provided great service. The food was very good, the drinks were great and the view was perfect! We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful birthday dinner!foodiecutieDined on 8/13/2014Nick's Cove was everything I expected and more. For my birthday dinner we shared: BBQ'd oysters, crab cakes, salmon to die for with those bacon infused beets underneath - wow! The best chocolate torte, yum... Loved the scenery, view of their dock and the bay. Just go there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but priceyThankyouDined on 8/5/2014The food was pretty good, our waiter was very attentive, and the restaurant was very nice, but the prices we very high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magical Dining ExperienceginappleDined on 8/4/2014A friend who knows my palate well insisted that I check out Nick's Cove while I was staying in Inverness and it completely blew me away. The food was top notch, fresh and the service was really friendly and accommodating. We were a big group with three kids and everyone was so nice to us. The sommelier suggestions were always spot on. He recommended a Pinot by Radio Coteau which was superb. After dinner you have to walk to the end of the pier and check out the cool little shack with a fireplace and an old piano. Our night was absolutely magical.Special Features:
- Nick's Cove is a must.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Awesome experience, beginning to end. Will be back. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always AwesomeJASNNIKDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I have been to Nick's Cove on a number of occasions, typically after a long morning kayak paddle on Tomales Bay, as was the case on this visit. The crab cakes and oysters are always in order, and we have sampled a number of other menu items. It is a lively, scenic venue. This time we met friends who motorcycled in from Santa Rosa, their first time at Nick's, and they loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Always great to get back to Nick's Cove. The clam chowder is exceptional as well as other seafood/fish entries. Don't know about the meats because it just seems appropriate to have something from the sea and bay in that great setting.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great View, A+AdamFDined on 7/26/2014We enjoyed an excellent Kobe beef dinner, Crab Louie Salad, and Lobster Mac & Cheese. Absolutely great food.Special Features:
- Expensive and pretentiousFoodLoverDined on 7/19/2014Too bad! Nick's Cove was once a great find -- but it's been upscaled to the point of unbearable. The food is "mediocre with attitude." The famed Mac and Cheese cost $17 for a small bowl of creamy pasta with a few shreds of crab. The oysters were very fresh... they SHOULD be, since they are sourced from 5 miles away -- but served with mignonette so harsh that it was inedible. The grilled romaine salad tasted charred, the short rib sugo was salty, and ... we had something else but it was so unmemorable that I can't remember. That plus two drinks and we dropped $80 a person. The owners are raking it in, and clearly don't care. Which is a shame.Special Features:
- Less than greatRHumeDined on 7/17/2014We were disappointed with our lunch, simply because the food (fish and chips, crab Benedict) didn't live up to expectations. Not enough crab, not enough Hollandaise sauce, and fish that didn't rise above average pub quality. We were surprised that people describe Nick's Cove as a real destination restaurant. The tide was out (in the Cove) and metaphorically in the restaurant as well.
- Bayside Beauty!BlanconadaDined on 7/14/2014With sun glistening on the water a few feet away, my lady and I indulged ourselves with Miyagi oysters, red curry mussels & crab mac 'n' cheese. A couple of martinis washed it all down, then we took a romantic stroll down the old fishing dock. Next, hopefully, we'll get to rent one of their cottages. Beautiful location & delicious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be really niceGradsgirlDined on 7/13/2014Nicks could be a true gem of a place. The food was very good. However, the decor is low class. Invest in some new tables, or cover the ones you have with table clothes or paper. Put candles or local flowers on the tables. Invest in new chairs, the ones you have are extremely uncomfortable. The lake type chairs might work for out on the dock, but not in the restaurant. Its okay to keep the waterfront decor, but make it classy. Take a hint from Stellina, you can have good food, and a smart dining room and fill-up nightly. And for goodness sake, get rid of the flies! They almost ruined our dinner due to the amount of time we had to spend trying to keep them off our food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchAnnieDined on 7/13/2014Nicks may be off the beaten path but so worth the drive, especially on a pretty Sunday for brunch. The Dungeness Crab Benedict was to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DivaDDined on 7/12/2014Loved everything about our evening at Nick's Cove!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What to Say?ILikeNicks2Dined on 7/11/2014If an outstanding meal and service are high on your list, mixed with a great location and tossed with a mighty fine wine list, what's there not to love about Nick's Cove. Do we mention "romantic" for those of you in that mood or the beautiful drive over? Do yourself and your taste buds a favor, and get thee to Nick's Cove. You won't regret or forget it. You'll be back. Certified, guaranteed, satisfaction.Special Features:
- Oysterrific!johnatDined on 7/5/2014We had oysters fresh out of the Bay prepared at least six different ways -- all of them were great. Seafood on the menu is fresh and well prepared. And local greens, duck, chicken and steak round out the offerings. Usually, when the view is good, the food is meh. Nick's is an exception to the rule.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatviewsnoisyDined on 7/4/2014I had reserved a month ago and advised I was bringing guests from South Africa and hoped to get a window table. We did not get that and were disappointed as we had not been told they were reserved for 2 people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All good but the mousee torteLuncheonDateGirlDined on 7/2/2014Service was stunning, view stunning, food delicious, dessert a disappointment. The chocolate mousse torte was nearly too hard to eat, both crust and mousse part. Probably would be better off with just a regular chocolate mousse with dark chocolate cookie crumbles and whipped cream on top with a caramel drizzle.Special Features:
- Nick's Cove reviewuptonatmDined on 7/1/2014This is a great place in a beautiful spot. We come here as often as we can. Good ambiance, and heat food, along with really good service. Even though it is a bit off the beaten track, it is a beautiful drive out to Tomales Bay.Special Features:
- LatefordinnerDined on 6/30/2014We were 1/2 late for our reservation but they took it in stride and gave us a nice table with a great view. The food was very good and the views even better. Highly Recommend.Special Features:
- very special!hollandiaDined on 6/23/2014Een bijzondere gelegenheid uniek gelegen aan het water! Beperkte, maar goede kaart. Vooraf zeker even gaan borrelen in het boothuis. Prima service, vriendelijk en attent. Hebben direct weer gereserveerd voor weer een avond. De rit is alleszins de moeite waard.Special Features:
- Hidden GemLGuerrieriDined on 6/22/2014Wow what a find. Best fine dining in the area. Service and food were exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebration lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/20147 of us came in for a birthday celebration and had such great time! Our server was awesome and he took excellent care of us. We had great conversation, food and cocktails and were there for almost 3 hours. We are excited to go back. The weather was really nice that day too, which is always a plus. I also love that there is free wifi so we can still be in touch while out at the coast.Special Features:
- UnfortunateBorregoSusanDined on 6/16/2014I've enjoyed dining at Nick's Cove before but this lunch experience was far from enjoyable. The restaurant had just seated a huge party @25 down the very center of the dining room. This included children and babies. They completely dominated the whole place. The room is just not meant to handle that large a party.Therefore our experience was loud, service was slowed down and we just couldn't relax and enjoy our time.. I also thought the portions were exceedingly small. The crab cakes were two silver dollar sized cakes that would have been more appropriate for an appetizer. I had brought along a friend and sang praises of nick's. I was actually embarrassed. Not sure about the next time...Special Features:
- newmexdonDined on 6/16/2014Good food, service was very good. Dissappointed in the size of oysters, but the prawns and shrimp was good. Clam chowder was ok.Special Features:
- Everything was good!MouseDined on 6/15/2014The grilled romaine salad dressing is to die for. Everything was good. The mussels in green curry excellent.Special Features:
- Much better this time.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014We stayed at Nicks and ate at the resturant last year. We were not very impressed with the selection of food at the restaurant. We took the parents for lunch over the weekend to celebrate Fathers day and have changed our mind!!! The food was so great!!! We all love everything we had and talk about going back. wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Locals nightdogloverDined on 6/10/2014Dropped by for "locals night" last Tuesday and had a great meal in a relaxed atmosphere. This is a gem of a restaurant and no better place to finish off a day hiking along the coast. The food is excellent, the wine list is thoughtful and the staff are wonderful. Go ahead - treat yourself!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spotdak1116Dined on 6/8/2014This is one of my all time favorite spots. Great food, service, and location, location, location...Special Features:
- Nick's Cove2PetalumafoodiesDined on 6/8/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary at Nick's Cove. We went on a Sunday and had brunch. The service was outstanding and the food wqs the same. We highly recommend Nick's Cove. It is a treasure to be enjoyed, regularly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect anniversary dinnerLifeIsGoodDined on 6/7/2014My husband and I had dinner here for our anniversary. We noted in our reservation that we would like to have a window seat since it was a special occasion. Not only did they save one of the nicest seats in the house for us (although every table has a view!), but the waiter was told it was our anniversary and he went out of his way to make sure our evening was really special. The food was delicious- seafood was done just perfectly, and everything had wonderful flavor. Portions were just the right size. This place has great ambience - hunting lodge feel and a nice fireplace!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner!Oysters2GoDined on 6/7/2014Nick’s Cove proved to be a worthy choice for a romantic dinner with an outstanding scenic view. The wait staff was attentive & frequently checked in at the table. The seafood-oriented menu is very appealing, and my choice, a grilled salmon entree was a pleasure to savor. I thought the final dinner price to be perfectly gauged for a fine dining experience for two people.Special Features:
- A Highlight on the NorCal CoastSantaMonicaFoodieDined on 6/7/2014At the suggestion of a shopkeeper in Sonoma, we went to Nick's Cove for lunch on a loop that started in Sonoma and included Jenner, winetasting and Healdsburg. What a great Sunday drive. Nick's was fabulous. Various kinds of local fresh raw oysters, best crab cakes and best clam chowder I know of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good!BeckyDined on 6/6/2014We drove out just for dinner, but would have enjoyed it more if we had made a day of it, ending with dinner; it was a long way. We ordered oysters to start (yumm, and so fresh) a salad, and a couple of the sides and shares. We ordered the romaine salad, then changed our mind for the mixed greens, but ended up getting the romaine. (Didn't realize it until we had started) The two teensy little crab cakes were tasty, but they needed something.....They came on a very large plate with a some greens, but once they were gone, the waiter never removed the plate; annoying. The highlight of the meal was the Crab mac & cheese. Creamy and cheesy with big hunks of crab. We could have split that and a salad and not had to take home the garlic fries!Special Features: