Nick & Stef’s Steakhouse
330 S. Hope St.
Los Angeles, CA 90071Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Nick & Stef’s Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.patinagroup.com/nickStef
- Phone: 2136800330x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 11:30am - 2:30pm
Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
Saturday: 5pm - 9:30pm
Sunday: 4:30 - 8:30pm
HAPPY HOUR Monday - Friday 3-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Megan Logan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Patina Catering offers exceptional cuisine and genuine service at many landmark locations as well as any venue of your choice. For more info, contact Katie Winter at 213 972 3028.
Market Cafe offers limited breakfast and lunch delivery to locations within walking distance. For more information, contact Market Cafe at 213 680 7387.
- Special Events: For parties of 14 to 400, contact our special events director Jessica Penalba at 213.972.3028 | email@example.com.
- Cross Street: Between 3rd & 4th
- Public Transit: Metro: 4th & Hill; Dash: Route B, Grand + 4th;
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Complimentary valet is provided. Parking is available in the Wells Fargo parking garage. Validated parking offered: after 5pm, three hours free, $9.00 maximum fee w/ Validation. Lunch Validation - 2 hrs. for $6.50.
A word from Nick & Stef’s Steakhouse
Nick & Stef's is a Contemporary Steakhouse featuring a spacious patio and bar with happy hour daily. Voted Best Steakhouse in Downtown LA, Nick & Stef's delivers a signature style to the classic steakhouse fare, offering signature dry-aged beef, seafood, poultry and pasta specialties plus several vegetable dishes for vegetarian options.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Nick & Stef’s Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Nick & Stef’s Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
136 reviews since May 17, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (90)fit for foodies (52)notable wine list (51)romantic (36)good for groups (32)great for lunch (32)neighborhood gem (23)great for outdoor dining (18)vibrant bar scene (13)great for brunch (9)scenic view (9)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- Very EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/8/2014Went there for dinner as part of a business trip with colleagues. The service was very attentive and all of our meals were terrific. The only sad part was that we were too full to enjoy dessert! Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brett NHondoDined on 9/8/2014Great steaks. Dry aged steaks-rib eye and ny strip. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steaksZed2046Dined on 9/7/2014You can call me a steak connoisseur and I give the thumbs up to Nick and Stef's. Their steaks are juicy and cooked to perfection. A must eat for steak lovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewVIPDined on 9/2/20144 1/2 stars for this wonderful place. We celebrated a family birthday & had a lovely dinner. We were taken care of nicely by the server & busser plus the manager started us off. No fault of the server but towards the end of the meal we did not see much of him since he was waiting on more tables not in our general area. Food was good, caesar salad was delicious. Our meats (aged ribeye, filet mignon and prime rib) were very tasty unfortunately the prime rib had a big gristle going down the center of the meat so it was hard to cut & took up a lot of the prime rib, server not around to let him know. The smore dessert was good but not fantastic. Overall we did have a nice meal and enjoyed ourselves. Will have to return again soon.Special Features:
- Amazing Food and servicesshaksterDined on 8/30/2014excellent food and a great variety of wines , we asked suggestion for being the first time the deal was attentive and friendly atmosphere.Special Features:
- expensivenotavegan1Dined on 8/27/2014definitely a well run restaurant but prices too high for steak quality
- Mediocre, very expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014The steaks are OK, but not terribly impressive. Sides are too small for the money — and definitely not "family style" as described. Four of us spent $500+ without desert and only one drink each.Special Features:
- Bring your appetiteJeffDined on 8/23/2014Although there is nothing special about the decor in the dining room, the service and the food are solid. The dry and wet aged beef are excellent, but the prime rib wasn't all that flavorful. The prime rib was an excellent value at $36 because it came with a large Ceasar salad and full size side order of potatoes. The sides that you can order to accompany your meal are large in size (enough to probably split amongst three people), so bring your appetite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful SurpriseLyndonVIPDined on 8/21/2014Was not sure what to expect from a steakhouse on the first floor of the Wells Fargo building. Boy was I surprised. From the first moment I walked in, everything was superb. The drinks, the steak and especially the service. All wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best steak!DinerLuvVIPDined on 8/16/2014Dry aged rib eye - seriously, the best! This is the place for discerning carnivores. The décor needs refreshing as it looks too corporate but the meal was so fabulous that we didn't mind!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful dinnerNancyVIPDined on 8/11/2014We celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary with friends. The Caesar salad wad great! The filet mignon was delicious and the baked potato wonderful. The waitstaff was efficient and helpful. It was a delightful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantNickyDinesDined on 8/10/2014We went here on a Sunday for my Birthday and what an excellent choice! I would assume that every other night of the week is slammed with people because the restaurant is housed at the Wells Fargo Center downtown, but what a treat to go there on a Sunday. It was a romantic getaway and a great dinner. We had the Aged New York and Aged Ribeye, both fantastic choices. Also try the Scallops, they were excellent. The drinks were made to perfection and it is hard to find a restaurant that makes great classic cocktails now-a-days. Wonderful experience in all!Special Features:
- A disasterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/20141st NY steak could not cut through grizzle. Have never sent back a steak, this was impossible to eat. 2nd steak, cold inside with a streak of green/grey, tasted sour. Manager, not unpleasant but didn't seem to care. Could have offered a glass of wine while we waited, did not. Scallops appetizer salty and tuff. Very disappointed as this was a birthday celebration. Did enjoy music across the street and freshly made 7-11 coffee. Our 1st and last visit.
- Worth repeat visitsgreatfoodmattersDined on 8/9/2014We dine here several times a year. The steaks are excellent and worth ordering even if you seldom eat steaks out as we do. The service is always very good and a conversation can be held without yelling.Special Features:
- Business LunchBondoDined on 8/4/2014Great venue near Wells Fargo Plaza with excellent food, service, and ambience. Definitely one of the best choices that Downtown LA has to offer.
- Great for lunch!SoccerMomDined on 8/1/2014Great place to meet for a work lunch - quick service, helpful staff and a lot of selection. Something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceFoodieDined on 7/28/2014I went for my birthday and really enjoyed the service and food. We had the crab cake which was delicious and the dry aged bone-in ribeye. The table side ceaser was delicious as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Steak Dinner Dine LALAfoodieDined on 7/26/2014This was the first time at Nick & Stef's and I enjoy fine dining and enjoy a good steak. I have been to so many steakhouses in LA area and this was a unique experience. Did the Dine LA menu & ordered off regular menu too. The ambiance was nice and great service. The TABLESIDE CESAR is a MUST!! so fun and fresh and BEST Cesar Salad I have ever had. The meat was so flavorful (both got petite filet) and a nice size of meat compared to other restaurants. They give you fresh Popovers, and Bread :). The CrabCakes were so fresh and plump. Also enjoyed the Side of Mac & Cheese and great portion sizes too. A really great Steak House and definitely going back here :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Music Center Dinner PlaceLtanuDined on 7/26/2014The food was outstanding and we had plenty of time to get to the Music Center only 3 blocks away. Convenient parking in the Wells Fargo building. I would highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:
- L.A. Dinevahn2g4Dined on 7/25/2014Arrived at the restaurant and was sat immediately. The server explained the menu and several other options that could be chosen as add ons. We chose the L.A. dine with the upgrade on the steak. Our appetizers came out quickly as well as our main course. Our only complaint is that a random server brought the mushroom sauce for my girlfriend's steak and poured it on without asking. Otherwise it was a flawless meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great spot for any mealbruceVIPDined on 7/25/2014This is a great place for any kind of meal, we've been here for Meat 101, dinner, lunch, Happy Hour. This time it was DineLA lunch. The Caesar salad and tomatillo soup was good. The steal was fantastic as was the potato puree. The salmon good and so was the chimichurri , I stole some to put on my steak. The lime bar was delicious (glad they had it, as their sister Café Pinot had run out) and the s'mores desset was fantastic. Nick has not disappointed yet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, Good serviceFoodie50Dined on 7/24/2014We were seated immediately as we came at 7pm during LA Dine week. Unknown to us there was valet parking directly below in the building that housed the restaurant, so we had to pay $12 to park in the adjacent building. The restaurant was nice and quiet as there were no children present and the adults were quietly conversing. Service was good and the waiter was pleasant. We ordered the steak Oscar style which included crab, asparagus and bernaise sauce($ extra), which really wasn't worth it. The bill ended up being $200 with tax and tip for 3 people (no drinks) which I think is a bit high for your average diner. I would recommend this restaurant if celebrating a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite an ExperienceFoodieDined on 7/24/2014I ordered the petite Fillet not expecting the drama that unfolded. Unknowingly they over season it with lots of salt, so I asked for another one. They brought a second piece which was so raw it could not be cooked. They popped back to cook, brought it back and it was charred all over and raw inside. Finally the manager comes back and makes it all nice, I can take it all home and cook it in my kitchen. In the meantime it is on the house which is great customer services. To top it off he sends my friend and I a extra dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WJJBDined on 7/23/2014Joben's service was excellent. Our group appreciated his attentiveness and recommendations.Special Features:
- Exquisite Find!BalbertDined on 7/18/2014We enjoyed a wonderful evening at Nick & Stef's! The decor was lovely. The food was excellent and perfectly prepared. The service was truly impressive...There was no detail left undone! The manager was a real gem who made us feel like celebrities. We will definitely be back!!!Special Features:
- Very DisappointingCharmboyDined on 7/18/2014I have been to Nick & Stef's many times, and I thought it would be good for taking 5 people out for business lunch during LA Dine Week. The bean soup was warm, not hot, the sirloin definitely tasted "strange," but the dessert was really excellent. The items for each course were delivered to the wrong peple at the table each time. (Fish to someone who ordered steak, etc.) The low quality of the sirloin was the biggest disappointment. it was also too noisy for the first 45 minutes, and we could not easily hear people at the table
- great steakalcanDined on 7/17/2014Steak and sides were outstanding, good selection. Tables were comfortable and service was good. Kind of hard to find if you are walking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Steakhouse in Downtown LAJasonMDined on 7/17/2014I am a visitor to the LA area, so I really don't know anything about the history of how the area evolved. From what I have read, the downtown area used to have a lot more business traffic, especially in financial services, which explains all of the steakhouses in the area. I love a good steak paired with red wine at dinner, and tried a couple of different places (the other being Morton's) while in town. I opted for their Dried Aged Beef Ribeye, and it was simply the best steak that I have ever had. Mouth-watering flavor, cooked at the perfect temperature, juicy, tasty, succulent, just perfect. The service was excellent, and our server took great care of us, suggesting two different wines to try with the meal. Highly recommend.
- Downtown gem!PhillyRichVIPDined on 7/16/2014I've been to a Nick & Stef's many times and I'm always happy with the food and service. The only thing I didn't care for this time around was the creamed spinach with bacon side dish but other than that the steaks, salad, potato, desserts and drinks were awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- go earlymillerVIPDined on 7/5/2014Nick & Stef's has good sound absorption, but one secret i o go early. We went @ 5 after a matinee nearby -- ideal.
- DisappointeddowntowninlaVIPDined on 7/3/2014I have been wanting to have a good steak at Nic and Stefs since moving downtown. The restaurant seems old and worn. While the steaks were good they were served lukewarm and the baked potato was cold, undercooked and had to be sent back to the kitchen. The "popover" served right from the baking tin was inedible. When paying this much money for a good restaurant I expect much better.
- So goodTbar2Dined on 6/29/2014Enjoyed beyond belief, great steak, lovely wine, sides to die for, only complaint is noise level of background music. It was too loud for the smaller Sunday evening crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nick & Stef's SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014Very courteous staff and nice atmosphere. Food is kind of high-priced and all a la carte. I had a hard time FINDING the restaurant because it's up a flight of stairs in the Wells Fargo complex and there are NO signs for it at street level. A helpful employee of the nearby California Pizza Kitchen showed me where it was.
- aliciaDined on 6/25/2014Consistently spectacular. Best steak in Los Angeles. Service is always superb.Special Features:
- Solid food & impeccable serviceGeeWonderDined on 6/23/2014As expected with any restaurant within the Patina group, N&S follows suit with it's perfectly cooked steaks, great tableside dirty martini's and flawless service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/23/2014Solid food, Ludwig, our server is amazing. I still can't move from all that food.Special Features:
- Great Steak. Awesome device.whatiwant2001Dined on 6/21/2014My husband and I came here to celebrate his birthday and we were not disappointed. I read all the reviews and decided to visit. Everything was great and our server Jessica was very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nick & Stef'sFoodies4LifeDined on 6/21/2014All three of us enjoyed our meals. From the soup (split pea) to Caesar salad (yummy), sides (creamed spinach, glazes asparagus) and steaks: NY Strip, Rib-eye, and petit filet. The steaks were done just right with great attention to "doneness". The popovers were okay and really unnecessary because the bread was very good. We had an attentive and well-informed server (Jessica). The ambiance was elegant in a steakhouse way and comfortable too. Great all around experience that we will revisit and recommend to other people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatLoveditDined on 6/16/2014We celebrated our anniversary and we received a glass of bubbly and free desert. The steaks where great and the service was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sandyandjohnDined on 6/15/2014Good selections on the menu and the wine choice was great.Special Features: