Nick & Stef’s Steakhouse
330 S. Hope St.
Los Angeles, CA 90071Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Nick & Stef’s Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.patinagroup.com/nickStef
- Phone: (213) 680-0330
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 11:30am - 2:30pm
Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
Saturday: 5pm - 9:30pm
Sunday: 4:30 - 8:30pm
HAPPY HOUR Monday - Friday 3-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Megan Logan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Patina Catering offers exceptional cuisine and genuine service at many landmark locations as well as any venue of your choice. For more info, contact Katie Winter at 213 972 3028.
Market Cafe offers limited breakfast and lunch delivery to locations within walking distance. For more information, contact Market Cafe at 213 680 7387.
- Special Events: For parties of 14 to 400, contact our special events director Jessica Penalba at 213.972.3028 | firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cross Street: Between 3rd & 4th
- Public Transit: Metro: 4th & Hill; Dash: Route B, Grand + 4th;
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Complimentary valet is provided. Parking is available in the Wells Fargo parking garage. Validated parking offered: after 5pm, three hours free, $9.00 maximum fee w/ Validation. Lunch Validation - 2 hrs. for $6.50.
A word from Nick & Stef’s Steakhouse
Nick & Stef's is a Contemporary Steakhouse featuring a spacious patio and bar with happy hour daily. Voted Best Steakhouse in Downtown LA, Nick & Stef's delivers a signature style to the classic steakhouse fare, offering signature dry-aged beef, seafood, poultry and pasta specialties plus several vegetable dishes for vegetarian options.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Nick & Stef’s Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Nick & Stef’s Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (64)fit for foodies (47)notable wine list (37)romantic (34)good for groups (32)great for lunch (27)neighborhood gem (22)great for outdoor dining (15)scenic view (9)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (8)hot spot (7)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- PeteDined on 11/21/2014I am a very satisfied and fairly frequent customer. The food is always excellent and the service very good. My most recent visit was for lunch with two guests. The waiter was polite but I think new. He was very young and did not bring the side requested by one of my guests. When the maiter d' inquired as to our satisfaction, I mentioned the waiter's failure to bring her side order, but she told the maiter d' that she was quite happy and there was no need to bring the side as he offered to do. His response was that he would then instead bring her a complimentary dessert and did so. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience, which is my expectation. Yes, I would and do recommend Nick and Stef's. And would have in this report but for some reason, your website has not permitted me to do so despite repeated efforts.Special Features:
- great service, great food, great night!localladyDined on 11/17/2014Impeccable service and food with a great atmosphere. I'll come here again and again with all my large parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaisyDined on 11/15/2014Overall great meal. They were very timely and had enough time to get to the symphony. As a champagne lover, I would have appreciated my $20 glass to be more full than half a glass. The presentation was great, in a fancy flute, but most other 4 star restaurants provide a complete glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect NightLuv2DineWellDined on 11/15/2014Ludwig, our waiter, was outstanding. We followed his recommendations. We split an aged rib eye, spinach and mushrooms. They were cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding staff &food.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014We were going to the opera and unfortunately had to dine at 5pm on a Saturday night. Despite the savage l hour everything was letter perfect. Bavo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!bvanheezikDined on 11/11/2014My brother and I were in LA for business and we were looking for a good place to eat, (not easy in LA), this is a great restaurant, not cheap, but worth the experience. We had a Ceasar salade, made table side, which is the best I ever ate (we go out a lot for dinner in Europe) and the fantastic aged meat. The sides were a but disappointing, but not needed if you order starter and main. Wine (Amancaya 2011) was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dry Aged Steaks!ChiefFoodOfficerVIPDined on 11/11/2014Excellent steaks with the dry aged meat visible in the cooler. Very attentive service with strong recommendations. Wine list is decent, but sommelier recommended something off the list which was very nice. Setting is the least attractive part...we were in the windowless cavern in the back. But overall a very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steakhouse in DTLA LOVE ITColombiannurselikesDined on 11/8/2014Amazing Steakhouse !!!! The place is clean, elegant, friendly and the food, service and view on the patio is FABULOUS. I will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Splendid Pre-Ballet Dinner Find...donaldfoodDined on 11/8/2014The title above says it. Although it is a 15 minute walk from the Music Center, it is great exercise and well worth the doing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best ServiceFoodSnob101Dined on 11/1/2014Our waitress, Jessica, was amazing. Such attention to detail, never had to ask for anything...Outstanding personality and very engaging! Our usual waiter, Matthew, took the time to come over to our table and say hello, which wins a lot of points for him too!! Nick & Stefs is one of my top five restaurants in Southern California! Food is always incredible, combined with an elegant dining experience gives this place a "two thumbs up"..always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KCWestsideDined on 10/25/2014Superb Steak Perfectly Cooked and Flavorful! very good wine. Attentive but not overbearing wait staff. Relaxing pleasant ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a wrap!sealuvsgoodfoodDined on 10/24/2014The ambiance, the flair and of course the food was very inviting making the evening oh so enjoyable. Our waiter was attentive very one on one. If you like Ceasar Salad I recommend you try theirs. It's prepared tableside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not good for theatre attendeesNonyaVIPDined on 10/23/2014I had gone to this restaurant several times when I worked downtown and it was good. This menu was very limited for theatre goers. Not much selection for light meals. The prices were high and the caesar salad had too much garlic in the dressing and was hot. The server was good but I wont be back.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnermikebyDined on 10/17/2014Spectacularly smooth experience, food the best. Great waiter. Worth the search to actually find the restaurant.Special Features:
- Special OccasionoctobergetawayDined on 10/12/2014Our dinner at Nick & Stef's was to mark our 41st Wedding Anniversary ... it was a wonderful experience. Our waiter Justin S. was just perfect!!! He welcomed us with complimentary champagne and constantly returned to our table insuring that our evening went as anticipated. It was indeed a special day for us as well as a special dining experience. We will certainly return as all was a night to remember.Special Features:
- Pleasant meal near Music CenterdebstandDined on 10/11/2014We went prior to the theater, and the four of us enjoyed a nice meal. My husband had the rib eye and said it was "outstanding". As I vegetarian, I ordered 3 veggies and made a tasty entrée. My friend did not enjoy the fish of the day--- dry and over-priced. The Cesar salad prepared at the table was odd as it started with a lot of mayo. The service was great. We used their parking and shuttle service to the Ahmanson.Special Features:
- Great serviceguamgirl76Dined on 10/10/2014We came here for the dry aged steak and we weren't disappointed. Service and staff were superb! Definitely going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nick and StefLoganDined on 10/10/2014Would have been a great dining experience but the steaks were a bit over seasoned. Cooked perfectly to medium rare. Good sides. Excellent customer service. No corkage. A mega plus for this restaurant. Prices are decent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LeslieDined on 10/10/2014Very good steaks. Great side dishes and wonderful wines and spirits! Enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night out on the townOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014My girlfriend and I went here before seeing a play. Absolutely exquisite on every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hedgesbfoodie2Dined on 10/10/2014This is the third time I've eaten dinner here when we're going to the Music Center for a performance. The food and service are wonderful and our server always gets us out on time to catch the shuttle for our show. Parking is convenient and very close to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best filet everQuykedDined on 10/5/2014It was a really great experience overall. The filet was the best I've ever had. The martini was also incredible. The only small issue was that since we are out on the patio they forgot about us for a little while but they made up for that by buying us a round of drinks. The staff was not only nice but had personality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better options out thereHappyDinerDined on 10/4/2014The Caesar salad made tableside was the best course. I usually order the rib eye at steak joints, but ordered from the prefix menu. The filets were cooked to perfection inside, but the outside I thought was too charred. I Would consider myself a connoisseur of steak and have dined at the best around the country. This steak lacked flavor. I don't order sauces with my steak, but probably should have for this one. Also ordered the green beans, good flavor, schezuan I believe, but limp and way over done, Mac and cheese was bland, and creamed spinach tasted fine but with the consistency of baby food. Perhaps other steaks here are better? Service was okay.Special Features:
- OperaSirdbergmanDined on 9/28/2014After going to Opera I wanted a close by nicer place for dinner. Nick and Stef's fit the bill being only a couple of blocks away. Due to nobody's fault, they were doing a movie shoot in the area closing all of the streets including where the restaurant is located. While the restaurant did leave me a message on how to get around the closures, I had my phone off in the theatre and did not get the message. Our waiter Justin was prompt in putting a drink in my hand. He explained the menu and their prefix special. We elected to order from the menu pairing a nice bottle of wine with a perfect steak after Justin prepared a tableside Caesar Salad. Nice evening - didn't start as planned - Justin got us a cab so we won't have to walk back to the carI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindEZBabyDined on 9/27/2014My wife and I were looking for some place new for our anniversary celebration and found Nick & Stef's Steakhouse. It's was a wonderful dining experience from our waiter, Jon, to the superb food and drink. We are looking forward to returning soon.Special Features:
- Great foodJeffDined on 9/25/2014All food great. excellent steak. Best ceasar salad I ever had. String beans a delight. Went before Ahmanson - shuttle very convenient. Took a good client and they liked it. Figure with drinks about $100 per person.Special Features:
- First1TimeVIPDined on 9/19/2014This was my first time at this restaurant. We had theater tickets and wanted to try a restaurant near the Music Center. The food was good. Lots of interesting vegetable choices for side dishes. Great Caesar salad. We had to get to the theater so didn't have time to sample the deserts. Conveniently located to Music Center.Special Features:
- Great FoodEmbarcaderoEater1VIPDined on 9/16/2014The steaks were great and the Caesar Salad was AMAZING!!!Special Features:
- Very EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/8/2014Went there for dinner as part of a business trip with colleagues. The service was very attentive and all of our meals were terrific. The only sad part was that we were too full to enjoy dessert! Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brett NHondoDined on 9/8/2014Great steaks. Dry aged steaks-rib eye and ny strip. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steaksZed2046Dined on 9/7/2014You can call me a steak connoisseur and I give the thumbs up to Nick and Stef's. Their steaks are juicy and cooked to perfection. A must eat for steak lovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewVIPDined on 9/2/20144 1/2 stars for this wonderful place. We celebrated a family birthday & had a lovely dinner. We were taken care of nicely by the server & busser plus the manager started us off. No fault of the server but towards the end of the meal we did not see much of him since he was waiting on more tables not in our general area. Food was good, caesar salad was delicious. Our meats (aged ribeye, filet mignon and prime rib) were very tasty unfortunately the prime rib had a big gristle going down the center of the meat so it was hard to cut & took up a lot of the prime rib, server not around to let him know. The smore dessert was good but not fantastic. Overall we did have a nice meal and enjoyed ourselves. Will have to return again soon.Special Features:
- Amazing Food and servicesshaksterDined on 8/30/2014excellent food and a great variety of wines , we asked suggestion for being the first time the deal was attentive and friendly atmosphere.Special Features:
- expensivenotavegan1Dined on 8/27/2014definitely a well run restaurant but prices too high for steak quality
- Somewhat disappointed...OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/25/2014I took an out of towner guest here for happy hour and was somewhat disappointed by the quality of the food. We were in the bar area and both ordered the burger and fries. The bun tasted somewhat stale and we were both served hard, we assumed, old/stale french fries. I have been to Nick & Stef's previously and had an excellent experience, so I'm hoping this was a one-off problem. Great happy hour drink options, however, and that was the evening's saving grace.Special Features:
- Mediocre, very expensiveSuperfoodSuperGoodDined on 8/24/2014The steaks are OK, but not terribly impressive. Sides are too small for the money — and definitely not "family style" as described. Four of us spent $500+ without desert and only one drink each.Special Features:
- Bring your appetiteJeffDined on 8/23/2014Although there is nothing special about the decor in the dining room, the service and the food are solid. The dry and wet aged beef are excellent, but the prime rib wasn't all that flavorful. The prime rib was an excellent value at $36 because it came with a large Ceasar salad and full size side order of potatoes. The sides that you can order to accompany your meal are large in size (enough to probably split amongst three people), so bring your appetite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful SurpriseLyndonVIPDined on 8/21/2014Was not sure what to expect from a steakhouse on the first floor of the Wells Fargo building. Boy was I surprised. From the first moment I walked in, everything was superb. The drinks, the steak and especially the service. All wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best steak!DinerLuvVIPDined on 8/16/2014Dry aged rib eye - seriously, the best! This is the place for discerning carnivores. The décor needs refreshing as it looks too corporate but the meal was so fabulous that we didn't mind!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful dinnerNancyVIPDined on 8/11/2014We celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary with friends. The Caesar salad wad great! The filet mignon was delicious and the baked potato wonderful. The waitstaff was efficient and helpful. It was a delightful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.