Nick & Stef’s Steakhouse
330 S. Hope St.
Los Angeles, CA 90071Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Nick & Stef’s Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.patinagroup.com/nickStef
- Phone: 2136800330x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 11:30am - 2:30pm
Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
Saturday: 5pm - 9:30pm
Sunday: 4:30 - 8:30pm
HAPPY HOUR Monday - Friday 3-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Megan Logan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Patina Catering offers exceptional cuisine and genuine service at many landmark locations as well as any venue of your choice. For more info, contact Katie Winter at 213 972 3028.
Market Cafe offers limited breakfast and lunch delivery to locations within walking distance. For more information, contact Market Cafe at 213 680 7387.
- Special Events: For parties of 14 to 400, contact our special events director Jessica Penalba at 213.972.3028 | firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cross Street: Between 3rd & 4th
- Public Transit: Metro: 4th & Hill; Dash: Route B, Grand + 4th;
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Complimentary valet is provided. Parking is available in the Wells Fargo parking garage. Validated parking offered: after 5pm, three hours free, $9.00 maximum fee w/ Validation. Lunch Validation - 2 hrs. for $6.50.
A word from Nick & Stef’s Steakhouse
Nick & Stef's is a Contemporary Steakhouse featuring a spacious patio and bar with happy hour daily. Voted Best Steakhouse in Downtown LA, Nick & Stef's delivers a signature style to the classic steakhouse fare, offering signature dry-aged beef, seafood, poultry and pasta specialties plus several vegetable dishes for vegetarian options.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Nick & Stef’s Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Nick & Stef’s Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
124 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (77)fit for foodies (49)good for groups (41)notable wine list (41)romantic (39)great for lunch (33)neighborhood gem (26)great for outdoor dining (20)scenic view (11)vibrant bar scene (10)great for brunch (7)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Anniversary dinnermikebyDined on 10/17/2014Spectacularly smooth experience, food the best. Great waiter. Worth the search to actually find the restaurant.Special Features:
- Special OccasionoctobergetawayDined on 10/12/2014Our dinner at Nick & Stef's was to mark our 41st Wedding Anniversary ... it was a wonderful experience. Our waiter Justin S. was just perfect!!! He welcomed us with complimentary champagne and constantly returned to our table insuring that our evening went as anticipated. It was indeed a special day for us as well as a special dining experience. We will certainly return as all was a night to remember.Special Features:
- Pleasant meal near Music CenterdebstandDined on 10/11/2014We went prior to the theater, and the four of us enjoyed a nice meal. My husband had the rib eye and said it was "outstanding". As I vegetarian, I ordered 3 veggies and made a tasty entrée. My friend did not enjoy the fish of the day--- dry and over-priced. The Cesar salad prepared at the table was odd as it started with a lot of mayo. The service was great. We used their parking and shuttle service to the Ahmanson.Special Features:
- Great serviceguamgirl76Dined on 10/10/2014We came here for the dry aged steak and we weren't disappointed. Service and staff were superb! Definitely going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nick and StefLoganDined on 10/10/2014Would have been a great dining experience but the steaks were a bit over seasoned. Cooked perfectly to medium rare. Good sides. Excellent customer service. No corkage. A mega plus for this restaurant. Prices are decent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LeslieDined on 10/10/2014Very good steaks. Great side dishes and wonderful wines and spirits! Enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night out on the townOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014My girlfriend and I went here before seeing a play. Absolutely exquisite on every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hedgesbfoodie2Dined on 10/10/2014This is the third time I've eaten dinner here when we're going to the Music Center for a performance. The food and service are wonderful and our server always gets us out on time to catch the shuttle for our show. Parking is convenient and very close to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best filet everQuykedDined on 10/5/2014It was a really great experience overall. The filet was the best I've ever had. The martini was also incredible. The only small issue was that since we are out on the patio they forgot about us for a little while but they made up for that by buying us a round of drinks. The staff was not only nice but had personality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better options out thereHappyDinerDined on 10/4/2014The Caesar salad made tableside was the best course. I usually order the rib eye at steak joints, but ordered from the prefix menu. The filets were cooked to perfection inside, but the outside I thought was too charred. I Would consider myself a connoisseur of steak and have dined at the best around the country. This steak lacked flavor. I don't order sauces with my steak, but probably should have for this one. Also ordered the green beans, good flavor, schezuan I believe, but limp and way over done, Mac and cheese was bland, and creamed spinach tasted fine but with the consistency of baby food. Perhaps other steaks here are better? Service was okay.Special Features:
- OperaSirdbergmanDined on 9/28/2014After going to Opera I wanted a close by nicer place for dinner. Nick and Stef's fit the bill being only a couple of blocks away. Due to nobody's fault, they were doing a movie shoot in the area closing all of the streets including where the restaurant is located. While the restaurant did leave me a message on how to get around the closures, I had my phone off in the theatre and did not get the message. Our waiter Justin was prompt in putting a drink in my hand. He explained the menu and their prefix special. We elected to order from the menu pairing a nice bottle of wine with a perfect steak after Justin prepared a tableside Caesar Salad. Nice evening - didn't start as planned - Justin got us a cab so we won't have to walk back to the carI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindEZBabyDined on 9/27/2014My wife and I were looking for some place new for our anniversary celebration and found Nick & Stef's Steakhouse. It's was a wonderful dining experience from our waiter, Jon, to the superb food and drink. We are looking forward to returning soon.Special Features:
- Great foodJeffDined on 9/25/2014All food great. excellent steak. Best ceasar salad I ever had. String beans a delight. Went before Ahmanson - shuttle very convenient. Took a good client and they liked it. Figure with drinks about $100 per person.Special Features:
- First1TimeVIPDined on 9/19/2014This was my first time at this restaurant. We had theater tickets and wanted to try a restaurant near the Music Center. The food was good. Lots of interesting vegetable choices for side dishes. Great Caesar salad. We had to get to the theater so didn't have time to sample the deserts. Conveniently located to Music Center.Special Features:
- Great FoodEmbarcaderoEater1VIPDined on 9/16/2014The steaks were great and the Caesar Salad was AMAZING!!!Special Features:
- Very EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/8/2014Went there for dinner as part of a business trip with colleagues. The service was very attentive and all of our meals were terrific. The only sad part was that we were too full to enjoy dessert! Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brett NHondoDined on 9/8/2014Great steaks. Dry aged steaks-rib eye and ny strip. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steaksZed2046Dined on 9/7/2014You can call me a steak connoisseur and I give the thumbs up to Nick and Stef's. Their steaks are juicy and cooked to perfection. A must eat for steak lovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewVIPDined on 9/2/20144 1/2 stars for this wonderful place. We celebrated a family birthday & had a lovely dinner. We were taken care of nicely by the server & busser plus the manager started us off. No fault of the server but towards the end of the meal we did not see much of him since he was waiting on more tables not in our general area. Food was good, caesar salad was delicious. Our meats (aged ribeye, filet mignon and prime rib) were very tasty unfortunately the prime rib had a big gristle going down the center of the meat so it was hard to cut & took up a lot of the prime rib, server not around to let him know. The smore dessert was good but not fantastic. Overall we did have a nice meal and enjoyed ourselves. Will have to return again soon.Special Features:
- Amazing Food and servicesshaksterDined on 8/30/2014excellent food and a great variety of wines , we asked suggestion for being the first time the deal was attentive and friendly atmosphere.Special Features:
- expensivenotavegan1Dined on 8/27/2014definitely a well run restaurant but prices too high for steak quality
- Somewhat disappointed...OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/25/2014I took an out of towner guest here for happy hour and was somewhat disappointed by the quality of the food. We were in the bar area and both ordered the burger and fries. The bun tasted somewhat stale and we were both served hard, we assumed, old/stale french fries. I have been to Nick & Stef's previously and had an excellent experience, so I'm hoping this was a one-off problem. Great happy hour drink options, however, and that was the evening's saving grace.Special Features:
- Mediocre, very expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014The steaks are OK, but not terribly impressive. Sides are too small for the money — and definitely not "family style" as described. Four of us spent $500+ without desert and only one drink each.Special Features:
- Bring your appetiteJeffDined on 8/23/2014Although there is nothing special about the decor in the dining room, the service and the food are solid. The dry and wet aged beef are excellent, but the prime rib wasn't all that flavorful. The prime rib was an excellent value at $36 because it came with a large Ceasar salad and full size side order of potatoes. The sides that you can order to accompany your meal are large in size (enough to probably split amongst three people), so bring your appetite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful SurpriseLyndonVIPDined on 8/21/2014Was not sure what to expect from a steakhouse on the first floor of the Wells Fargo building. Boy was I surprised. From the first moment I walked in, everything was superb. The drinks, the steak and especially the service. All wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best steak!DinerLuvVIPDined on 8/16/2014Dry aged rib eye - seriously, the best! This is the place for discerning carnivores. The décor needs refreshing as it looks too corporate but the meal was so fabulous that we didn't mind!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful dinnerNancyVIPDined on 8/11/2014We celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary with friends. The Caesar salad wad great! The filet mignon was delicious and the baked potato wonderful. The waitstaff was efficient and helpful. It was a delightful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantNickyDinesDined on 8/10/2014We went here on a Sunday for my Birthday and what an excellent choice! I would assume that every other night of the week is slammed with people because the restaurant is housed at the Wells Fargo Center downtown, but what a treat to go there on a Sunday. It was a romantic getaway and a great dinner. We had the Aged New York and Aged Ribeye, both fantastic choices. Also try the Scallops, they were excellent. The drinks were made to perfection and it is hard to find a restaurant that makes great classic cocktails now-a-days. Wonderful experience in all!Special Features:
- A disasterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/20141st NY steak could not cut through grizzle. Have never sent back a steak, this was impossible to eat. 2nd steak, cold inside with a streak of green/grey, tasted sour. Manager, not unpleasant but didn't seem to care. Could have offered a glass of wine while we waited, did not. Scallops appetizer salty and tuff. Very disappointed as this was a birthday celebration. Did enjoy music across the street and freshly made 7-11 coffee. Our 1st and last visit.
- Worth repeat visitsgreatfoodmattersDined on 8/9/2014We dine here several times a year. The steaks are excellent and worth ordering even if you seldom eat steaks out as we do. The service is always very good and a conversation can be held without yelling.Special Features:
- Business LunchBondoDined on 8/4/2014Great venue near Wells Fargo Plaza with excellent food, service, and ambience. Definitely one of the best choices that Downtown LA has to offer.
- Great for lunch!SoccerMomDined on 8/1/2014Great place to meet for a work lunch - quick service, helpful staff and a lot of selection. Something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceFoodieDined on 7/28/2014I went for my birthday and really enjoyed the service and food. We had the crab cake which was delicious and the dry aged bone-in ribeye. The table side ceaser was delicious as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Steak Dinner Dine LALAfoodieVIPDined on 7/26/2014This was the first time at Nick & Stef's and I enjoy fine dining and enjoy a good steak. I have been to so many steakhouses in LA area and this was a unique experience. Did the Dine LA menu & ordered off regular menu too. The ambiance was nice and great service. The TABLESIDE CESAR is a MUST!! so fun and fresh and BEST Cesar Salad I have ever had. The meat was so flavorful (both got petite filet) and a nice size of meat compared to other restaurants. They give you fresh Popovers, and Bread :). The CrabCakes were so fresh and plump. Also enjoyed the Side of Mac & Cheese and great portion sizes too. A really great Steak House and definitely going back here :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Music Center Dinner PlaceLtanuDined on 7/26/2014The food was outstanding and we had plenty of time to get to the Music Center only 3 blocks away. Convenient parking in the Wells Fargo building. I would highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:
- L.A. Dinevahn2g4Dined on 7/25/2014Arrived at the restaurant and was sat immediately. The server explained the menu and several other options that could be chosen as add ons. We chose the L.A. dine with the upgrade on the steak. Our appetizers came out quickly as well as our main course. Our only complaint is that a random server brought the mushroom sauce for my girlfriend's steak and poured it on without asking. Otherwise it was a flawless meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great spot for any mealbruceVIPDined on 7/25/2014This is a great place for any kind of meal, we've been here for Meat 101, dinner, lunch, Happy Hour. This time it was DineLA lunch. The Caesar salad and tomatillo soup was good. The steal was fantastic as was the potato puree. The salmon good and so was the chimichurri , I stole some to put on my steak. The lime bar was delicious (glad they had it, as their sister Café Pinot had run out) and the s'mores desset was fantastic. Nick has not disappointed yet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, Good serviceFoodie50Dined on 7/24/2014We were seated immediately as we came at 7pm during LA Dine week. Unknown to us there was valet parking directly below in the building that housed the restaurant, so we had to pay $12 to park in the adjacent building. The restaurant was nice and quiet as there were no children present and the adults were quietly conversing. Service was good and the waiter was pleasant. We ordered the steak Oscar style which included crab, asparagus and bernaise sauce($ extra), which really wasn't worth it. The bill ended up being $200 with tax and tip for 3 people (no drinks) which I think is a bit high for your average diner. I would recommend this restaurant if celebrating a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite an ExperienceFoodieDined on 7/24/2014I ordered the petite Fillet not expecting the drama that unfolded. Unknowingly they over season it with lots of salt, so I asked for another one. They brought a second piece which was so raw it could not be cooked. They popped back to cook, brought it back and it was charred all over and raw inside. Finally the manager comes back and makes it all nice, I can take it all home and cook it in my kitchen. In the meantime it is on the house which is great customer services. To top it off he sends my friend and I a extra dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WJJBDined on 7/23/2014Joben's service was excellent. Our group appreciated his attentiveness and recommendations.Special Features: