Nick & Sam's Steakhouse
3008 Maple Avenue
Dallas, TX 75201Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Nick & Sam's Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nick-sams.com/
- Phone: (214) 871-7444
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Samir Dhurandhar
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our goal is to ensure that you feel like a guest at your own event. We accomplish this by holding every aspect of each event, including menu selection, service, rentals, décor, beverages, and entertainment up to the same high standards that we apply to our cuisine.
- Private Party Facilities: When you really want to wow your guests, Nick & Sam's is the place to fulfill your every request. Our goal is to create an experience with you in mind.
- Private Party Contact: Terri Russo 2149228291
- Entertainment: Live piano player 7 nights/week in Dining Room
A word from Nick & Sam's Steakhouse
Situated minutes from Downtown, Nick & Sam’s is a contemporary steakhouse featuring selections of prime meats as well as American and Australian Kobe and a variety of seafood. We offer a mostly American wine list of over 400 labels plus an international selection, with 20 wines by the glass.Continued
USA Today says “well-done”, ZAGAT “very good to excellent” and a 2008 recipient of the Five Diamond Star Award.
USA Today says “well-done”, ZAGAT “very good to excellent” and a 2008 recipient of the Five Diamond Star Award.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Nick & Sam's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Nick & Sam's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
293 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (219)notable wine list (149)romantic (122)fit for foodies (120)good for groups (109)hot spot (108)vibrant bar scene (91)neighborhood gem (44)late-night find (26)great for lunch (7)scenic view (6)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Our waiter was fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014First time to Nick and Sams. We just relocated from Boston to Dallas and are use to high end dining. Celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary. Everything was perfect !! Food, special attention for our event and the waiter was awesome. He knew how to make it special for my wife. Only comment was that the manager never came by to see how we were doing. I like to compliment the staff when they are awesome. We'll be back again and I will most likely bring my corporate business too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DB2468VIPDined on 11/20/2014I'm from New York, took a group of clients here while visiting Dallas and I would definitely go back. One of the best steakhouses I've ever been to. Even things as simple as the shrimp cocktail was amazing. Food was all tasty but not too rich that you couldn't enjoy it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerMilestoneAnniversaryDined on 11/17/2014My wife and I were celebrating another milestone anniversary, and we decided to go back to Nick & Sam's for this one, since we had such a good experience at the restaurant on our last milestone. They did not disappoint! We were very pleased with our server, Aaron (Semper Fi and thanks for your service)! He was patient and informative. The food was incredible! The restaurant management team even treated us to an anniversary dessert. We highly recommend this restaurant to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steaksswankerVIPDined on 11/13/2014great food, great wine list, good service. had steak and seafood tower. Both were incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good dining experienceYC66Dined on 11/10/2014High end restaurant, excellent steakes , very professional service, good wine, a must for who ever wishws to experience a high quality diningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak dinner in a club settingOutstandingDined on 11/8/2014This is where all the pretty people go to have drinks, steak and to be seen. It was loud and the perfume and cologne hit you hard as you walk through the door. The bar and waiting area were full of people and the music was loud. Definitely a place people doll themselves up for. The drinks were good and reasonably priced. We had reservations and still waited for about 20 minutes. Our waiter was great. He was friendly, knowledgable and helpful. There wasn't a lot of flare to the steaks, but the meat was wonderful so salt, pepper and some butter was all they needed. Nice work on the steaks. The selection of cuts was impressive. The sides - au gratin potatoes, mac and cheese and duck fat hash browns weren't the most flavorful. Go for the steaksSpecial Features:
- Great steaksRicaDined on 11/7/2014Best new york I've had in a long time! Everything on the menu is excelent, from starters to desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eatereaterDined on 11/1/2014very pleased this restaurant is on open table. Will be going back again. Will also recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything is GREAT!!!ebalDined on 10/29/2014It is rare to find a place where everything is great and consistent on every visit! The tuna tarter is the best I have ever had. Everything is wonderful and I highly recommend a Prawn with your steak.Special Features:
- Worth a visitMarkGDined on 10/28/2014Definitely worth a visit. Decent food. A little loud for the price point but the food is good. I was there on a very busy night and server seemed rushed. Given the price point, they should of had more servers on the floor. Otherwise a nice experienceSpecial Features:
- Wonderful FoodCJstrDined on 10/26/2014This was our first time to Nick & Sam's. The food was exceptional. We happened to be seated in a room with a party of about 40 people for a "Chefs Table" or something so it was very loud. We couldn't really talk very well. Would definitely suggest seating smaller parties around such a large group as a last resort. We were there for my husband's bday and the food was very good. Just the noise level was the problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigJeff1997Dined on 10/25/2014Went to Nick & Sam's on 10/25/14, so that my wife and I could celebrate our 12 year wedding anniversary. The ambiance was real nice and the art work was very ecclectic. Our waiter was outstanding with his demeanor and his knowledge of the menu. He was very engergetic and helped maked our night a little bit more celebratory. I'm not a wine consumer; therefore, I have no comment about the wine. Overall, this place was nice and the food was ok. Honestly, it would not be a restaurant that I highly recommend to others.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014It was a lovely evening. Staff was so great on our special evening.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Outstanding attention to detail as always. Reservation/table was ready upon arrival despite there being an hour wait for walk-ups. The staff management went out of there way to make it a nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- smu family weekendMDeeDined on 10/24/2014We had a big group that increased in size, Friday night of parent's weekend. It was a bit crazy and the staff was obviously bombarded - But they did an outstanding job in accommodating the crowd. All food - appetizers, amazing steaks to dessert was top notch.Special Features:
- ExcellentdlleonDined on 10/24/2014This place has excellent food and atmosphere, great crowd. The bar scene has enough people to make it fun, without it being a PITA to get served. The quality and price of the food is great, but don't fall for the upsells. They have the BEST pork chops in town! The waitstaff is incredibly accommodating (rare for such packed restaurant) and they know their product.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/22/2014We had a very enjoyable meal. However, it was very noisy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service!GreattimeDined on 10/21/2014Was there for my son's 26 birthday - Joel was our server and he and his support staff did a fantastic job. Food was fantasticSpecial Features:
- Fabulous Birthday DinnerbonbonVIPDined on 10/20/2014We had a terrific birthday dinner for my husband at Nick and Sams. It was a weeknight and the place was hopping! I had wriitten in my open table reservation comments that it was my hubbies birthday and it seemed everyone on staff wished him a happy birthday that night. Our food was delightful and we always order a larger meat portion so we can take home some leftovers! We love Nick and Sams!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding serviceBirthdayDinnerDined on 10/19/2014We couldn't have picked a better place to have a birthday dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerJudsonDined on 10/18/2014Very good, had the chateaubriand. The house was very accommodating to our tastes and requests. We had a lobster beignet special that was good, even to my wife who's a New Brunswick girl (hard to please as far as lobster goes). I personally haven't had a steak like that in a long time. They have very good beef there. The char is excellent and the taste is rich and tender - exactly what its supposed to be. So, thank you, we went there for a real restaurant experience and you delivered.Special Features:
- BeuniceHDined on 10/15/2014I went out there for my Birthday Dinner, food was Greaaat, service not so much felt like the waiter ignore us for about 30 min. We waited a very long time before we got our food. Probably wont be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jsj1Dined on 10/13/2014everything was perfect - steaks perfectly cooked & service could not have been better.Special Features:
- Gotta luv the virtual 1:1 wait stafDallasDiner1Dined on 10/12/2014This was our first visit, and the experience exceeded even Three Forks and The Mansion. Amazing, perfectly timed service. Best steak I've ever had. Bottle of decent wine, sushi starter, chopped salad, comped caviar taster, rib eyes, grilled asparagus, chocolate souffle and coffee service $200. I gotta say a value for the experience. And a grand piano playing in the open restaurant / service pit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great times were had by allHurpaVIPDined on 10/11/2014One of my favorite spots anywhere. A great mix of food, service and atmosphere - Nick and Sam's never disappoints. They have some of the best beef in town, regularly supplemented by specials. I sometimes like to start my meal with dessert. The only challenge is to decide whether something sweet or the complimentary caviar is a better first step to what is usually a culinary treat. The service is both attentive and unobtrusive. The staff know their stuff and are able to make some recommendations for different palates. If you feel like listening to your favorite hip hop while you dine, the bar scene offers a quintessential Dallas experience. The staff will make you feel like an old friend when you show up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once you're seated, it's pefect.ReservationsDined on 10/11/2014Let me start by saying I still consider Nick and Sam's to be the best dining experience in Dallas. The waiters are attentive, you won't find better beef anywhere else in the world (maybe Japan, but then again, this place carries Omi beef, so you might want to save the trip). However, they need to understand what a reservation is. If I make a reservation for 8:30, it's because I expect to be seated at that time, or at least rather close to it. That's what a reservation is: the prior confirmation of your commitment to the establishment as your option for dining that evening. The fact that we were seated 30 minutes after the reservation time (and we arrived 2 minutes prior) is unacceptable for a restaurant like this.Special Features:
- Great, as usualNYCVisitorDined on 10/11/2014We go here every year when in town to celebrate birthdays. It is always excellent. The food is superb and the service is extraordinary. It is an expensive restaurant, but worth every penny. I am already looking forward to next year.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014For how expensive it is the ambiance, service and food does meet expectations of other comparable fine dining experiences I have had. It is so dark in the restaurant that everyone was having to use their flashlight app to see the menu, food etc. I think the owners need to get involved again.
- Top of the lineAznFoodiEVIPDined on 10/11/2014One of the best high-end restaurants in Dallas. I would highly recommend going if you crave beef or seafood and don't mind spending more for quality. We went for my wife's birthday, so when the waiter found out about this, he came back with a hand written card signed by the staff. A very classy touch. The only knock I can give is our server forgot to bring our leftovers after we paid our tab an were ready to leave. We actually had to wait for the manager to find our leftovers and bring them to us because the waiter did not return after we paid. Other than that, an excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Dallas!rosco333Dined on 10/10/2014They never disappoint. I always dine in the bar, as the scene there is great and hopping. Great service, beautiful waitresses and staff, and the food is oustanding! Go there 2 of 3 nights, when I'm in Dallas.Special Features:
- Can't cook a steakKbob272Dined on 10/10/2014While we had great service, the kitchen just could not get our steaks right. The manager ended up picking up the tab for our table of 5 and bringing over extra food but we never got a good, cooked-to-order steak. Also, even though I made a reservation 2 weeks in advance we were stuck in a corner of a small room. The bar area is kinda cool. Wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinner to beholdblownbluez06Dined on 10/10/2014Have you ever had a steak cooked with a crust? One that melts in your mouth, but has that wicked crust on it from a great sear? No? Head to Nick and Sam's Steakhouse and you'll get to experience what I'm talking about. One of a small few restaurants where I've experienced such greatness in my lifetime. Don't forget to get your steak Oscar style! Loaded with a generous mound of delectable crab chunks and smothered in a smooth, creamy Bearnaise sauce. The sides were equally tasty. The service was second to none. The ambiance was as good as one could hope for. Want to take your loved one to dinner for a night to remember, guaranteed to not disappoint? Head to Nick and Sam's.Special Features:
- Amazing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014We loved the service, the food was incredible. We thought it was an amazing experience. If we had one problem, I would say the portions on the sides are way too small. The steaks were not very large either. The taste was by far the best we have ever had, so that is all I can say.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great FoodJerryVIPDined on 10/6/2014We had a mix up in the food - which the waiter more than made up for. Everything wasz excellent as usual.Special Features:
- Had a great time.lovetoeatDined on 10/2/2014I really enjoyed the food and service and will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2014Great place to take that special someone. Pricey but within reason for the quality food/service you will receive.Special Features:
- Decent food - very LOUD placeDeltagirl0522Dined on 9/27/2014We got the filet Mignon and it was just OK. Nothing to rave about. It wasn't very flavorful. The brussel sprouts were actually really good. Although the service and good was OK, we wouldn't go back. Not to mention the place is VERY loud. We went on a Saturday night. I wouldn't recommend this as a romantic place.Special Features:
- Awesome experiencetxdocDined on 9/27/2014I am a regular and this past experience was excellent. My girlfriend and I had a wonderful time and will return soon.Special Features:
- Dallas faveTDinerDined on 9/26/2014The bar scene is phenomenal. We enjoyed a drink in the bar before being seated at a round table that is perfect for an Friday evening dinner. The appetizers, sides, main entre and dessert was exceptional. Our group had an amazing evening at Nick and Sam's.Special Features:
- Nick and Sam's is a class act!GFYDallasDined on 9/26/2014When I made the reservation I let them know it was my best friends first time there and her birthday. They decorated our table, brought us complimentary champagne, and even gave her a birthday card. It was an amazing meal and great experience. Thanks Nick and Sam's!Special Features: