Nick & Sam's Steakhouse
3008 Maple Avenue
Dallas, TX 75201Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Nick & Sam's Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nick-sams.com/
- Phone: 2148717444
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Samir Dhurandhar
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our goal is to ensure that you feel like a guest at your own event. We accomplish this by holding every aspect of each event, including menu selection, service, rentals, décor, beverages, and entertainment up to the same high standards that we apply to our cuisine.
- Private Party Facilities: When you really want to wow your guests, Nick & Sam's is the place to fulfill your every request. Our goal is to create an experience with you in mind.
- Private Party Contact: Terri Russo 2149228291
- Entertainment: Live piano player 7 nights/week in Dining Room
A word from Nick & Sam's Steakhouse
Situated minutes from Downtown, Nick & Sam’s is a contemporary steakhouse featuring selections of prime meats as well as American and Australian Kobe and a variety of seafood. We offer a mostly American wine list of over 400 labels plus an international selection, with 20 wines by the glass.Continued
USA Today says “well-done”, ZAGAT “very good to excellent” and a 2008 recipient of the Five Diamond Star Award.
USA Today says “well-done”, ZAGAT “very good to excellent” and a 2008 recipient of the Five Diamond Star Award.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Nick & Sam's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Nick & Sam's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
293 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (224)notable wine list (171)romantic (140)fit for foodies (115)good for groups (99)hot spot (96)vibrant bar scene (85)neighborhood gem (38)late-night find (17)great for brunch (10)kid-friendly (9)great for lunch (9)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014We were celebrating a dinner and anniversary. The food was absolutely delicious and service was first class. Everyone was so friendly and attentive. This was our second visit. We will definitely frequent Nick & Sams again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - too LoudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014I was in Dallas on business so I invited my mom and sisters family (all adults) out to dinner. The food steaks were very good and were at prices I expect at a good steakhouse. The staff didn't seem to expect my 91 year old mother and the setup didn't work for her at all. The low lighting and very loud crowd didn't work for a family meal. The tables were very close to each other and groups of business guys were basically yelling at each other across the tables all around us. Couples at booths around the edge seemed to be able to have 1 on 1 conversations if they snuggled up to each other. The presentation of the cuts of meat at the table required that the waiter use a flash light. They didn't actually serve you the steak you picked.Special Features:
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/25/2014The entire staff from the greet at the front door to the continuous exceptional service from every staff member that touched our table showed me that every person really loved working there and were happy to have me there as a guest. The food was absolutely fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a mixed bagOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/25/2014We were a little disappointed in the food. The tomato mozzarella salad was disappointing. The steak and fish were both a little overdone. With the prices we paid, we expected a little better food. The staff and ambiance were wonderful. The champagne and wine were very good. We will probably give it another try on our next special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dianne Fdinnerfor2Dined on 8/24/2014This place was recommended to us by friends in our hometown and we decided to check it out. It was outstanding and our waiter was the best, only his second day and was very knowledgable about everything. We will definitely be going back next time we are in Dallas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfectFoodieInTraining84Dined on 8/24/2014We had the restaurant week menu with the wine pairing. First course was the bisque and salad. I expected more than 1 piece of tempura battered shrimp. The bisque was still good though. The salad was great with the fried goat cheese. The steaks were cooked nicely, but needed more seasoning. It required the addition of the caramelized onions and mushroom with each bite, bland otherwise. This was paired with a shiraz. Dessert consisted of bread pudding square, peach compote on the top, some pecans and caramel drizzle. It was perfectly paired with the port. Service was excellent, although our table had a kitchen view. The piano player added to the ambiance but it was strange how he's right by the kitchen. I can see why it's so highly rated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DlsjnrDined on 8/24/2014The food and service were awesome. I went for restaurant week, but will go back another time for sure.Special Features:
- Decent RestaurantrcquincyDined on 8/24/2014The food was decent, but not at the top of our list. The steak was very tender and the BBQ onions added a nice complement to the meat. We added a Madagascar Shrimp for $40. I do not think the server that cut it at our table did it correctly (all of the tail meat was left in the shell and he looked unsure when preparing it). He also took the plate with him with all of the blue cheese on it. The shrimp was good, but not worth the price. The smores dessert was fantastic. When we received our dinner, 4 servers came to our table reaching over each other. It was a little overwhelming and unnecessary. The ambience was very good. However, there are several other great steakhouses we would prefer for a special evening out without kids.
- RW dinnerDocrbudDined on 8/24/2014I was very disappointed with my dinner. The sushi was ok. The steak was tender and cooked well but the sauce was too strong and sour tasting. The side were mashed potatoes and creamed corn. Who serves these starchy pale veggies together. And then they served them family style with barely more than a tablespoon each but who cared because they were so bland. Dessert was not very good bread pudding. My husband's shrimp bisque was very good but his fish was over cooked and his dessert cake was just so so. This was the 4th RW dinner I had this year and by far the worst.
- Love love love this place!!!SScottDined on 8/23/2014I have dined here before, but I twas my husband's first time and he loved it. We were there to celebrate his birthday and your staff made our celebration even more fabulous. I can't thank you enough!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SO GOOD!WineloverDined on 8/23/2014My experience here was amazing. My husband and I went with another couple for restaurant week. Every bit of food was excellent - the sushi, salad, bread, steak, mashed potatoes, creamed corn and dessert. My only complaint would be that I wanted MORE - it was that good :). From start to finish, this was one of the best restaurants I have ever been to. Our server was so friendly, energetic about helping us choose a wine, and knowledgeable about everything on the menu. The restaurant was a little loud, but the acoustics of the room allowed us to still hear the people at our table. The piano player was a nice touch, although I couldn't hear it very well. My husband also really enjoyed the scotch selection. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Restaurant Week SuccessmadebymeganlynnDined on 8/23/2014Great food at a great value! The regular menu was full of great options as well. I could see myself returning for a date night, special occasion, or entertaining out of town guests. If this were closer to me & a more frequent option, I might hop up to the bar for a cocktail and a quicker dinner, but if you want the full experience & to explore the wine list, I recommend dining in the regular seating. Definitely make a reservation in advance, this place was packed on a Saturday night!Special Features:
- Great FoodSamandFriendsDined on 8/23/2014A group of eight decided to try Nick and Sam's during Dallas Restaurant week. The shrimp bisque was excellent, the filets were cooked perfectly and very tender to eat. The sides were delicious as well as the desserts. Good service. A wonderful dinner experience with our friends.Special Features:
- Almost perfectGreatVIPDined on 8/22/2014The food and service were spectacular. The wine selection was excellent across all price ranges. The only problem is that it's so noisy you can only talk to the people right next to you.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rushed through our meal!LandRDined on 8/22/2014First, I have never written a negative review, but experience this surprised me. While our waiter(s) were very friendly and knowledgeable, we felt very VERY rushed throughout our entire meal. We were dining for two special occasions, celebrating 51 years of marriage at our table. While we were still enjoying our desserts, we were presented with the check, no offer of coffe or anything else. And even though we ordered from the Restaurant Week menu ($45 each), our check was still very close to $400 for our table. So it wasn't as if we weren't there to take the cheapest route. This was everyone's first time at N&S's, the food was amazing, we were seated on time, enjoyed the general atmosphere, but wouldn't dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekWannabefoodieDined on 8/22/2014Went for restaurant week and had a nice time. The menu had good selections for the three course meal. I was surprised that they had a sushi roll as one of their choices which was delicious. I choose the steak for the entree. Although the steak was tender it was not as flavorful as I would have liked it. Not sure if the cut of meat is the same from the regular menu, if it is would definitely be disappointed. Ended the meal with the peach compote bread pudding, which was a good portion for one person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak and Service in DFWtexaspeteDined on 8/22/2014This place is the absolute best. They serve the finest beef, fish and wine. The service is unbeatable. Even though our waiter had a few other tables, he made us feel like we were the only people in the restaurant. Nick & Sam's is a Class A restaurant and I would put it up there with some of the finest places in the country. You HAVE to try it once!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014We have usually gone to Nick and Sam's to celebrate special occasions, which was the case on Friday. The service started off very good, but by the end of the meal, as the restuarant fill up, it was not good. My ribeye had no flavor and my husband's filet (filet Oscar) which was supposed to have lump crab meat on it had canned crab meat. The waiter was also deceptive in representing the price of the fried lobster appetizer which, when the bill came, was $100. We have always considered Nick and Sam's to be top notch, but they are off our list.Special Features:
- We just loved it, awesomeeat2muchDined on 8/22/2014Even though it's a steak house the sea food was incredibleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steaksLuv2eatDined on 8/21/2014If you want the best cooked steak, this is the place to come. Chef Samir is by far the most talented chefs around. The sushi is do fresh and flavorful. The tuna tar tar was amazing and the filet of tender. Everyone should eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/20/2014Great food. One of the best if not the best steak I have ever had. My only issue, and not a big one, is similar level restaurants have a much larger wine list. This is not a big issue since there are still some very good wines on the list, but just a note that it is not up to the same level as other restaurants of the same level.Special Features:
- Love5StarOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014We have eaten and Nick and Sams and found it to consistently good food and service.Special Features:
- Always exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/20/2014We've been going to Nick & Sam's for years and it has never disappointed. The service is world-class, the menu always features something new. Of course, we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding in every way!dineoutalotVIPDined on 8/20/2014Highly recommend this restaurant. Food & service was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic EveningTexasDined on 8/20/2014Overall this was a wonderful evening and dining experience for my bride and I. The food was delicious (especially the filet), the wine pairings complimented each course well, the desert was average, and the service from our waiter Robert was fantastic. We did feel like the staff moved our dinner along fairly fast, but it was restaurant week so they were slammed and probably wanted the table freed up ASAP. We would come back again for a very special occasion, but not in the budget to eat here regularly.Special Features:
- Great eveningWeekendVIPDined on 8/20/2014Truly enjoyed restaurant week; waiter was excellent; food very good. Thank you.Special Features:
- Can't beat Nick & Sam's!ShawnFDined on 8/20/2014Nick & Sam's never disappoints. The atmosphere is warm and classy, the service is exceptional, and the food is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cowboy steak w black truffle butterOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/20/2014Nick and Sams seems to be pretty touristy but nonetheless they do an amazing job and I would recommend it to anyone I know headed to Dallas. I'm still thinking about that cowboy steak with black truffle butter. Steaks and wine are the standout - sides definitely secondary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteaksFyreguyDined on 8/19/2014Great selection of steaks and cooked just right! The wine list is extensive with some good choicesSpecial Features:
- Good foodPricyDined on 8/19/2014I loved the restaurant. I like the music played by the pianist. But I was close to the kitchen so It was a little noise. The food is great, desert amazing. I would go bal any day. The steak melt in my mouth. Really good!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good value and qualityIkedallasVIPDined on 8/18/2014Excelent steak as usual cooked perfectly, Juan at the bar was excelent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placedgillfoodieDined on 8/18/2014NIck and Sams has always been one of my favorite places! Wish I got to go more often.Special Features:
- Fantastic mealKevinDined on 8/18/2014Pretty pricey, but knew that coming in. Rib-eye steak may have been the best I have ever eaten.Special Features:
- Amazing!jw713Dined on 8/17/2014Our first visit to Nick & Sam's and we'll be back. Loved every aspect of the meal. The duck fried rice is excellent--highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sam1Dined on 8/17/2014I took my spouse to this awesome Steakhouse for her birthday. As soon as we walked in we had the front desk staff take care of us. We had an exceptional service. Everyone from the front desk to the manager took care of us. I would recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerMatthewStubblefield09Dined on 8/16/2014Nick and Sam's always delivers even with my expectations as high as they are for it. Love the food and overall atmosphere at this restaurant.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/16/2014The best steakhouse in the State of Texas! The atmosphere, the food, the service. They took great care of our great. Tobias was kind enough to present us with champagne to toast our 40t birthday celebration.Special Features:
- We love Nick & Sam'sBethanyInDallasDined on 8/16/2014This is my husband's favorite restaurant, so it is only natural we'd go there for his birthday. My only complaint is we were not offered a Restaurant Week menu when we sat down, and our waiter came and went a couple of times w/o mentioning it. We finally asked, and he brought the menu. We did order from RW menu, and it was fabulous. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale food w/ uptown vibeTTinthecityDined on 8/16/2014Tried out Nick & Sam's since it was Restaurant Week in Dallas. Even with reservations, waited a half-hour to be seated. Luckily, we were seated in the back room of the restaurant which was less crowded and noisy -- the place is very popular and high-energy in the main dining area. There was good choices on the restaurant week menu and the portions were hearty -- definitely felt stuffed after the 3 course meal! However, my husband ordered the chocolate torte with peanut butter shavings and was given a yellow/white cake so not sure if it was the correct dessert. Overall, great time due to exceptional waiter!Special Features:
- Excellent all around!LegalEagleDined on 8/16/2014First time at Nick & Sam's-looking forward to many more! We frequent Eddie V's, Al Bernait's, Del Frisco's & Bob's and those are all great in different ways but Nick & Sam's is our new FAV!. The service (Jamie was amazing!) was top notch from the moment we arrived. The drinks were fabulous and the food was served piping hot and with flawless transitions from appetizers to dinner to dessert. You will not be disappointed!Special Features: