Nick & Sam's Steakhouse
3008 Maple Avenue
Dallas, TX 75201Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Nick & Sam's Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nick-sams.com/
- Phone: 2148717444
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Samir Dhurandhar
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our goal is to ensure that you feel like a guest at your own event. We accomplish this by holding every aspect of each event, including menu selection, service, rentals, décor, beverages, and entertainment up to the same high standards that we apply to our cuisine.
- Private Party Facilities: When you really want to wow your guests, Nick & Sam's is the place to fulfill your every request. Our goal is to create an experience with you in mind.
- Private Party Contact: Terri Russo 2149228291
- Entertainment: Live piano player 7 nights/week in Dining Room
A word from Nick & Sam's Steakhouse
Situated minutes from Downtown, Nick & Sam’s is a contemporary steakhouse featuring selections of prime meats as well as American and Australian Kobe and a variety of seafood. We offer a mostly American wine list of over 400 labels plus an international selection, with 20 wines by the glass.Continued
USA Today says “well-done”, ZAGAT “very good to excellent” and a 2008 recipient of the Five Diamond Star Award.
USA Today says “well-done”, ZAGAT “very good to excellent” and a 2008 recipient of the Five Diamond Star Award.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Nick & Sam's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Nick & Sam's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
298 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (223)notable wine list (158)romantic (130)fit for foodies (121)good for groups (106)hot spot (104)vibrant bar scene (85)neighborhood gem (45)late-night find (25)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/22/2014We had a very enjoyable meal. However, it was very noisy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/21/2014Was there for my son's 26 birthday - Joel was our server and he and his support staff did a fantastic job. Food was fantasticSpecial Features:
- Fabulous Birthday DinnerbonbonVIPDined on 10/20/2014We had a terrific birthday dinner for my husband at Nick and Sams. It was a weeknight and the place was hopping! I had wriitten in my open table reservation comments that it was my hubbies birthday and it seemed everyone on staff wished him a happy birthday that night. Our food was delightful and we always order a larger meat portion so we can take home some leftovers! We love Nick and Sams!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding serviceBirthdayDinnerDined on 10/19/2014We couldn't have picked a better place to have a birthday dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerJudsonDined on 10/18/2014Very good, had the chateaubriand. The house was very accommodating to our tastes and requests. We had a lobster beignet special that was good, even to my wife who's a New Brunswick girl (hard to please as far as lobster goes). I personally haven't had a steak like that in a long time. They have very good beef there. The char is excellent and the taste is rich and tender - exactly what its supposed to be. So, thank you, we went there for a real restaurant experience and you delivered.Special Features:
- BeuniceHDined on 10/15/2014I went out there for my Birthday Dinner, food was Greaaat, service not so much felt like the waiter ignore us for about 30 min. We waited a very long time before we got our food. Probably wont be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jsj1Dined on 10/13/2014everything was perfect - steaks perfectly cooked & service could not have been better.Special Features:
- Gotta luv the virtual 1:1 wait stafDallasDiner1Dined on 10/12/2014This was our first visit, and the experience exceeded even Three Forks and The Mansion. Amazing, perfectly timed service. Best steak I've ever had. Bottle of decent wine, sushi starter, chopped salad, comped caviar taster, rib eyes, grilled asparagus, chocolate souffle and coffee service $200. I gotta say a value for the experience. And a grand piano playing in the open restaurant / service pit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great times were had by allHurpaVIPDined on 10/11/2014One of my favorite spots anywhere. A great mix of food, service and atmosphere - Nick and Sam's never disappoints. They have some of the best beef in town, regularly supplemented by specials. I sometimes like to start my meal with dessert. The only challenge is to decide whether something sweet or the complimentary caviar is a better first step to what is usually a culinary treat. The service is both attentive and unobtrusive. The staff know their stuff and are able to make some recommendations for different palates. If you feel like listening to your favorite hip hop while you dine, the bar scene offers a quintessential Dallas experience. The staff will make you feel like an old friend when you show up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once you're seated, it's pefect.ReservationsDined on 10/11/2014Let me start by saying I still consider Nick and Sam's to be the best dining experience in Dallas. The waiters are attentive, you won't find better beef anywhere else in the world (maybe Japan, but then again, this place carries Omi beef, so you might want to save the trip). However, they need to understand what a reservation is. If I make a reservation for 8:30, it's because I expect to be seated at that time, or at least rather close to it. That's what a reservation is: the prior confirmation of your commitment to the establishment as your option for dining that evening. The fact that we were seated 30 minutes after the reservation time (and we arrived 2 minutes prior) is unacceptable for a restaurant like this.Special Features:
- Great, as usualNYCVisitorDined on 10/11/2014We go here every year when in town to celebrate birthdays. It is always excellent. The food is superb and the service is extraordinary. It is an expensive restaurant, but worth every penny. I am already looking forward to next year.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014For how expensive it is the ambiance, service and food does meet expectations of other comparable fine dining experiences I have had. It is so dark in the restaurant that everyone was having to use their flashlight app to see the menu, food etc. I think the owners need to get involved again.
- Top of the lineAznFoodiEVIPDined on 10/11/2014One of the best high-end restaurants in Dallas. I would highly recommend going if you crave beef or seafood and don't mind spending more for quality. We went for my wife's birthday, so when the waiter found out about this, he came back with a hand written card signed by the staff. A very classy touch. The only knock I can give is our server forgot to bring our leftovers after we paid our tab an were ready to leave. We actually had to wait for the manager to find our leftovers and bring them to us because the waiter did not return after we paid. Other than that, an excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Dallas!rosco333Dined on 10/10/2014They never disappoint. I always dine in the bar, as the scene there is great and hopping. Great service, beautiful waitresses and staff, and the food is oustanding! Go there 2 of 3 nights, when I'm in Dallas.Special Features:
- Can't cook a steakKbob272Dined on 10/10/2014While we had great service, the kitchen just could not get our steaks right. The manager ended up picking up the tab for our table of 5 and bringing over extra food but we never got a good, cooked-to-order steak. Also, even though I made a reservation 2 weeks in advance we were stuck in a corner of a small room. The bar area is kinda cool. Wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinner to beholdblownbluez06Dined on 10/10/2014Have you ever had a steak cooked with a crust? One that melts in your mouth, but has that wicked crust on it from a great sear? No? Head to Nick and Sam's Steakhouse and you'll get to experience what I'm talking about. One of a small few restaurants where I've experienced such greatness in my lifetime. Don't forget to get your steak Oscar style! Loaded with a generous mound of delectable crab chunks and smothered in a smooth, creamy Bearnaise sauce. The sides were equally tasty. The service was second to none. The ambiance was as good as one could hope for. Want to take your loved one to dinner for a night to remember, guaranteed to not disappoint? Head to Nick and Sam's.Special Features:
- Amazing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014We loved the service, the food was incredible. We thought it was an amazing experience. If we had one problem, I would say the portions on the sides are way too small. The steaks were not very large either. The taste was by far the best we have ever had, so that is all I can say.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great FoodJerryVIPDined on 10/6/2014We had a mix up in the food - which the waiter more than made up for. Everything wasz excellent as usual.Special Features:
- Had a great time.lovetoeatDined on 10/2/2014I really enjoyed the food and service and will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2014Great place to take that special someone. Pricey but within reason for the quality food/service you will receive.Special Features:
- Decent food - very LOUD placeDeltagirl0522Dined on 9/27/2014We got the filet Mignon and it was just OK. Nothing to rave about. It wasn't very flavorful. The brussel sprouts were actually really good. Although the service and good was OK, we wouldn't go back. Not to mention the place is VERY loud. We went on a Saturday night. I wouldn't recommend this as a romantic place.Special Features:
- Awesome experiencetxdocDined on 9/27/2014I am a regular and this past experience was excellent. My girlfriend and I had a wonderful time and will return soon.Special Features:
- Dallas faveTDinerDined on 9/26/2014The bar scene is phenomenal. We enjoyed a drink in the bar before being seated at a round table that is perfect for an Friday evening dinner. The appetizers, sides, main entre and dessert was exceptional. Our group had an amazing evening at Nick and Sam's.Special Features:
- Nick and Sam's is a class act!GFYDallasDined on 9/26/2014When I made the reservation I let them know it was my best friends first time there and her birthday. They decorated our table, brought us complimentary champagne, and even gave her a birthday card. It was an amazing meal and great experience. Thanks Nick and Sam's!Special Features:
- Always outstanding!ChuckVIPDined on 9/26/2014Absolutely the best steak restaurant in Dallas. Both service and food quality are outstanding. It is hard to be on top of your game every night year after year but, I have never been disappointed in the last 8 years.Special Features:
- Best Steakhouse in Dallas!BBrockVIPDined on 9/26/2014I've been to every major steakhouse in Dallas more than once and nothing tops Nick & Sams! The atmosphere, food and service are second to none. In my opinion, you are wasting your time and money going anywhere else. You can spend a little or a lot depending upon how you order. I've been to top steakhouses throughout the country and this is still my favorite. Don't believe the airplane magazines, the restaurants on those lists pay to be on there.Special Features:
- Outstanding serviceAnniversaryDined on 9/25/2014Alcoholic drinks are very good specially the bar tender knew how to prepare wedding cake martini the right way!!! Our waiter is outstanding excellent service skills! The restaurant was a bit too noisy we couldnt enjoy the piano much. I wish it would of been a bit quiet. Thank you for reading and following the special instructions noted on my opentable reservation request. The rose petals and the card gives it an excellent touch!! That is A+ idea!!! Keep up your good work! We really enjoyed our experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretentious, rude and gougingBteamVIPDined on 9/24/2014Pretentious wanna-bes who love to hear themselves talk, loudly, will love this place. It has the most extreme irritating practice of "upselling" I've encountered in years. No mater what one orders, the waiter (if he shows up) will have a suggestion about a similar but better item priced about 50% more. Really so shameless it's almost laughable.Special Features:
- Good experienceoblrDined on 9/23/2014Good food. Very very loud. Good service. Very energetic place with energetic servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigDaddyDined on 9/20/2014Dining at it's finest. The food and the ambiance go hand in hand here. Doesn't matter the occasion Nick and Sams will be at the top of our list from now on. Prime beef cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in DFWsteak4meDined on 9/20/2014Restaurant never fails to impress; the food is wonderful, service outstanding and presentation & surroundings are great. I have traveled the US extensively and ate in many top rated restaurants, Nick & Sam's takes a back seat to none of them. Remember; you get what you pay for, this is not the Outback, what you get may be the best experience you ever had. Be sure to let them know if you are celebrating a special occasion and they will make it worth it. We go to Nick's as often as possible and find it is hard to visit any of the many other fine Dallas area restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DthelloDined on 9/19/2014Our server Vince was great. Food was excellent and I will definitely be back to visit again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding! !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014This place is great! From the food to the service everything was impeccable! ! It was our first visit to Nick and Sam's we were celebrating my boyfriends birthday and we're given complimentary caviar and champagne! Now I'm not a caviar person but I had to try it. The waitress was great at explaining all the different cuts of meat that all sounded delicious but also expensive I had the filet mignon and my boyfriend had the cowboy something it was great. The icing on the cake had to be when Tony Romo walked in the room with six other cowboys and ate at the table next to us. My boyfriend and I are huge Cowboy fans so just the fact that they were in arms reach was amazing and made his birthday the best one yet. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicemnchknDined on 9/17/2014Came on a Wednesday night for our anniversary and received exceptional service the entire time. We had rose petals on the table with a card from the restaurant saying happy anniversary, as well as every staff member saying it to us, including one of the managers. We sat in a cozy booth next to the piano and were greeted by our server immediately. He was already well aware of our food allergies and was prepared to make accommodations for any dish we order. He was very friendly and professional and recommended a great wine for our meal. I ordered fish, but my husband got the ribeye and this was one of the best steaks he's ever had. Food was amazing, service was impeccable, place was great overall. The only complaint was the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesomenessnosh75Dined on 9/14/2014Nick & Sam's was perfect. The steaks were cooked wonderfully. The service was excellent and ambiance sublime. Great experience. Hats off to our server who was gracious and attentive. Recommend to all my friends and those looking for a great upscale meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid SteakhouseChardenDined on 9/14/2014Nick & Sam's is one of the best steakhouses in the metroplex. The selection of steaks is unique along with it's in house art collection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Food and service stellar- it's Dallas' best steakhouse. But it was too cold at our table (and from what i can see there were vents over every table). It's summer so I was sleeveless, and was not the only thing freezing- my food was cold within a minute of being set in front of me. This was fine for the tartar but didn't work as well on the mushrooms or the Dover sole...(both were delicious but didn't warm me up like a hot meal should). Excellent wine, amazing quality all around. Well worth it. Bring a jacket!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceLuv2dine2Dined on 9/6/2014My husband and I went for our 1 year anniversary and it was wonderful. Romantic, food was great and service was excellent. We will definitely be going back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best filet ever!GoodieFoodie24Dined on 9/6/2014By far the best filet I have ever had - beating out Gibson's in Chicago and every other steakhouse in DFW area. Pricey but great for celebrating special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tonisVIPDined on 9/6/2014Food and service are always great. Really, really big cakes!Special Features: