Nick & Sam's Steakhouse
3008 Maple Avenue
Dallas, TX 75201Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Nick & Sam's Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nick-sams.com/
- Phone: 2148717444
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Samir Dhurandhar
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our goal is to ensure that you feel like a guest at your own event. We accomplish this by holding every aspect of each event, including menu selection, service, rentals, décor, beverages, and entertainment up to the same high standards that we apply to our cuisine.
- Private Party Facilities: When you really want to wow your guests, Nick & Sam's is the place to fulfill your every request. Our goal is to create an experience with you in mind.
- Private Party Contact: Terri Russo 2149228291
- Entertainment: Live piano player 7 nights/week in Dining Room
A word from Nick & Sam's Steakhouse
Situated minutes from Downtown, Nick & Sam’s is a contemporary steakhouse featuring selections of prime meats as well as American and Australian Kobe and a variety of seafood. We offer a mostly American wine list of over 400 labels plus an international selection, with 20 wines by the glass.Continued
USA Today says “well-done”, ZAGAT “very good to excellent” and a 2008 recipient of the Five Diamond Star Award.
USA Today says “well-done”, ZAGAT “very good to excellent” and a 2008 recipient of the Five Diamond Star Award.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Nick & Sam's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Nick & Sam's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
284 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (216)notable wine list (157)romantic (135)fit for foodies (116)good for groups (106)hot spot (98)vibrant bar scene (87)neighborhood gem (42)late-night find (24)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2014Great place to take that special someone. Pricey but within reason for the quality food/service you will receive.Special Features:
- Awesome experiencetxdocDined on 9/27/2014I am a regular and this past experience was excellent. My girlfriend and I had a wonderful time and will return soon.Special Features:
- Dallas faveTDinerDined on 9/26/2014The bar scene is phenomenal. We enjoyed a drink in the bar before being seated at a round table that is perfect for an Friday evening dinner. The appetizers, sides, main entre and dessert was exceptional. Our group had an amazing evening at Nick and Sam's.Special Features:
- Always outstanding!ChuckVIPDined on 9/26/2014Absolutely the best steak restaurant in Dallas. Both service and food quality are outstanding. It is hard to be on top of your game every night year after year but, I have never been disappointed in the last 8 years.Special Features:
- Best Steakhouse in Dallas!BBrockVIPDined on 9/26/2014I've been to every major steakhouse in Dallas more than once and nothing tops Nick & Sams! The atmosphere, food and service are second to none. In my opinion, you are wasting your time and money going anywhere else. You can spend a little or a lot depending upon how you order. I've been to top steakhouses throughout the country and this is still my favorite. Don't believe the airplane magazines, the restaurants on those lists pay to be on there.Special Features:
- Outstanding serviceAnniversaryDined on 9/25/2014Alcoholic drinks are very good specially the bar tender knew how to prepare wedding cake martini the right way!!! Our waiter is outstanding excellent service skills! The restaurant was a bit too noisy we couldnt enjoy the piano much. I wish it would of been a bit quiet. Thank you for reading and following the special instructions noted on my opentable reservation request. The rose petals and the card gives it an excellent touch!! That is A+ idea!!! Keep up your good work! We really enjoyed our experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretentious, rude and gougingBteamVIPDined on 9/24/2014Pretentious wanna-bes who love to hear themselves talk, loudly, will love this place. It has the most extreme irritating practice of "upselling" I've encountered in years. No mater what one orders, the waiter (if he shows up) will have a suggestion about a similar but better item priced about 50% more. Really so shameless it's almost laughable.Special Features:
- Good experienceoblrDined on 9/23/2014Good food. Very very loud. Good service. Very energetic place with energetic servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigDaddyDined on 9/20/2014Dining at it's finest. The food and the ambiance go hand in hand here. Doesn't matter the occasion Nick and Sams will be at the top of our list from now on. Prime beef cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in DFWsteak4meDined on 9/20/2014Restaurant never fails to impress; the food is wonderful, service outstanding and presentation & surroundings are great. I have traveled the US extensively and ate in many top rated restaurants, Nick & Sam's takes a back seat to none of them. Remember; you get what you pay for, this is not the Outback, what you get may be the best experience you ever had. Be sure to let them know if you are celebrating a special occasion and they will make it worth it. We go to Nick's as often as possible and find it is hard to visit any of the many other fine Dallas area restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DthelloDined on 9/19/2014Our server Vince was great. Food was excellent and I will definitely be back to visit again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding! !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014This place is great! From the food to the service everything was impeccable! ! It was our first visit to Nick and Sam's we were celebrating my boyfriends birthday and we're given complimentary caviar and champagne! Now I'm not a caviar person but I had to try it. The waitress was great at explaining all the different cuts of meat that all sounded delicious but also expensive I had the filet mignon and my boyfriend had the cowboy something it was great. The icing on the cake had to be when Tony Romo walked in the room with six other cowboys and ate at the table next to us. My boyfriend and I are huge Cowboy fans so just the fact that they were in arms reach was amazing and made his birthday the best one yet. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicemnchknDined on 9/17/2014Came on a Wednesday night for our anniversary and received exceptional service the entire time. We had rose petals on the table with a card from the restaurant saying happy anniversary, as well as every staff member saying it to us, including one of the managers. We sat in a cozy booth next to the piano and were greeted by our server immediately. He was already well aware of our food allergies and was prepared to make accommodations for any dish we order. He was very friendly and professional and recommended a great wine for our meal. I ordered fish, but my husband got the ribeye and this was one of the best steaks he's ever had. Food was amazing, service was impeccable, place was great overall. The only complaint was the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesomenessnosh75Dined on 9/14/2014Nick & Sam's was perfect. The steaks were cooked wonderfully. The service was excellent and ambiance sublime. Great experience. Hats off to our server who was gracious and attentive. Recommend to all my friends and those looking for a great upscale meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid SteakhouseChardenDined on 9/14/2014Nick & Sam's is one of the best steakhouses in the metroplex. The selection of steaks is unique along with it's in house art collection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Food and service stellar- it's Dallas' best steakhouse. But it was too cold at our table (and from what i can see there were vents over every table). It's summer so I was sleeveless, and was not the only thing freezing- my food was cold within a minute of being set in front of me. This was fine for the tartar but didn't work as well on the mushrooms or the Dover sole...(both were delicious but didn't warm me up like a hot meal should). Excellent wine, amazing quality all around. Well worth it. Bring a jacket!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceLuv2dine2Dined on 9/6/2014My husband and I went for our 1 year anniversary and it was wonderful. Romantic, food was great and service was excellent. We will definitely be going back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best filet ever!GoodieFoodie24Dined on 9/6/2014By far the best filet I have ever had - beating out Gibson's in Chicago and every other steakhouse in DFW area. Pricey but great for celebrating special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tonisVIPDined on 9/6/2014Food and service are always great. Really, really big cakes!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014The manager of the restaurant rushed our group after dinner to open the table for next reservation. I've never had this happen in my 40 plus yrs of dining out...extremely disappointing as it made us all feel very uncomfortable. We spent over $200.00 per person and then were rudely invited to a free beverage at the bar to open the table while we were discussing business!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rushed to turn over the tablePapabearVIPDined on 9/5/2014Amazing to see such a clear case of table turn over. What is supposed to be one of Dallas's best steak places - old school, same process as every other steakhouse schtick - ended up being a pushed race for the bill. The only thing that took time was the labored show and tell on the steaks and the specials. Other than that it was rush rush rush. Food was no different than any other high end steakhouse. Managed to take 75 min run us through. I get it late at night but at 630 PM? Even the kids - took 4 boys from college there noticed they were being rushed constantly. The place was empty when we started and half full when we left so it wasn't packed. In the end left a bad taste in our mouth and more than willing to tell a few other parents -no
- PhenomenalBajaliciousDined on 9/1/2014Nick and Sam's made our vacation in Texas. One of the best steakhouse/ restaurants we have ever been to. Everything was perfect with our meal and experience. We would love to go back one day, It is a must try.Special Features:
- Sent to bar instead of restaurantHBIrishDined on 9/1/2014Went on a hot Monday and in spite of wearing expensive shirt and nice pants, we were marched into the bar area because I was wearing open toe sandals. No exceptions. And to add salt to the wound, they cranked up the top 40 music extremely loud so we couldn't hear the piano player and could barely talk. What should of been a great evening was pretty much ruined by their unbending attitude. Ironically, one of the ladies leaving the restaurant was wearing jeans full of holes and tennis shoes. As for the service, it was good as well as the steaks, but very over priced.
- Great SteakmochiDined on 8/31/2014I'd like to thank management for seating us even past the last seating. Our server Joel was very friendly and didn't seem to mind that we were being seated in his section after the last seating. He was high in spirits and gave us a whole run down of the menu and went into specifics about the steaks and the different cuts. The sides are huge portions, thankfully they offer half orders. The fries are really "damn good". I was able to taste the wine before ordering a glass. They had a summer cocktail list and an extensive menu of wines to choose from unfortunately no Sancerre by the glass. The New York Sirloin was a leaner cut than the ribeye but I thought the ribeye was seasoned better. I'll definitely try the Cowboy next time I'm in town.Special Features:
- Excellent foodTjnixDined on 8/30/2014We were celebrating a dinner and anniversary. The food was absolutely delicious and service was first class. Everyone was so friendly and attentive. This was our second visit. We will definitely frequent Nick & Sams again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014I was really looking forward to trying Nick & Sam's since I've heard great things. Unfortunately the food and service were only mediocre. Unfortunately some of their competitors do a much better job. The ambience was the best part.Special Features:
- Consistently exceptional...MizJanieVIPDined on 8/29/2014When I visit this uptown steakhouse I ask for a booth in the bar. By the time cocktails are on the table we are presented with a lovely small tray of caviar to whet our appetites. Just enough to sample the exquisite flavor and textures with our crisp champagne. I always start with the chilled seafood platter for two. It has jumbo prawns, a nice portion of lump crab meat, four oysters on the half shell, a couple cherry-stone little necks and lovely Bloody Mary cocktail, black pepper Meunière and remoulade sauces. Of a hot summer day this might be my whole dinner. The cowboy cut ribeye was too much for one person. Warning-this steak has its own 15 inch log beef rib. Pair it with a mac and cheese to die for and a lovely Cabernet. Perfect.Special Features:
- Good food - too LoudCaBusinessTravelerDined on 8/26/2014I was in Dallas on business so I invited my mom and sisters family (all adults) out to dinner. The food steaks were very good and were at prices I expect at a good steakhouse. The staff didn't seem to expect my 91 year old mother and the setup didn't work for her at all. The low lighting and very loud crowd didn't work for a family meal. The tables were very close to each other and groups of business guys were basically yelling at each other across the tables all around us. Couples at booths around the edge seemed to be able to have 1 on 1 conversations if they snuggled up to each other. The presentation of the cuts of meat at the table required that the waiter use a flash light. They didn't actually serve you the steak you picked.Special Features:
- Great experience!Luv2eatDined on 8/25/2014The entire staff from the greet at the front door to the continuous exceptional service from every staff member that touched our table showed me that every person really loved working there and were happy to have me there as a guest. The food was absolutely fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a mixed bagBirthdayboyDined on 8/25/2014We were a little disappointed in the food. The tomato mozzarella salad was disappointing. The steak and fish were both a little overdone. With the prices we paid, we expected a little better food. The staff and ambiance were wonderful. The champagne and wine were very good. We will probably give it another try on our next special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dianne Fdinnerfor2Dined on 8/24/2014This place was recommended to us by friends in our hometown and we decided to check it out. It was outstanding and our waiter was the best, only his second day and was very knowledgable about everything. We will definitely be going back next time we are in Dallas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfectFoodieInTraining84Dined on 8/24/2014We had the restaurant week menu with the wine pairing. First course was the bisque and salad. I expected more than 1 piece of tempura battered shrimp. The bisque was still good though. The salad was great with the fried goat cheese. The steaks were cooked nicely, but needed more seasoning. It required the addition of the caramelized onions and mushroom with each bite, bland otherwise. This was paired with a shiraz. Dessert consisted of bread pudding square, peach compote on the top, some pecans and caramel drizzle. It was perfectly paired with the port. Service was excellent, although our table had a kitchen view. The piano player added to the ambiance but it was strange how he's right by the kitchen. I can see why it's so highly rated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DlsjnrDined on 8/24/2014The food and service were awesome. I went for restaurant week, but will go back another time for sure.Special Features:
- Decent RestaurantrcquincyDined on 8/24/2014The food was decent, but not at the top of our list. The steak was very tender and the BBQ onions added a nice complement to the meat. We added a Madagascar Shrimp for $40. I do not think the server that cut it at our table did it correctly (all of the tail meat was left in the shell and he looked unsure when preparing it). He also took the plate with him with all of the blue cheese on it. The shrimp was good, but not worth the price. The smores dessert was fantastic. When we received our dinner, 4 servers came to our table reaching over each other. It was a little overwhelming and unnecessary. The ambience was very good. However, there are several other great steakhouses we would prefer for a special evening out without kids.
- RW dinnerDocrbudDined on 8/24/2014I was very disappointed with my dinner. The sushi was ok. The steak was tender and cooked well but the sauce was too strong and sour tasting. The side were mashed potatoes and creamed corn. Who serves these starchy pale veggies together. And then they served them family style with barely more than a tablespoon each but who cared because they were so bland. Dessert was not very good bread pudding. My husband's shrimp bisque was very good but his fish was over cooked and his dessert cake was just so so. This was the 4th RW dinner I had this year and by far the worst.
- Love love love this place!!!SScottDined on 8/23/2014I have dined here before, but I twas my husband's first time and he loved it. We were there to celebrate his birthday and your staff made our celebration even more fabulous. I can't thank you enough!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SO GOOD!WineloverDined on 8/23/2014My experience here was amazing. My husband and I went with another couple for restaurant week. Every bit of food was excellent - the sushi, salad, bread, steak, mashed potatoes, creamed corn and dessert. My only complaint would be that I wanted MORE - it was that good :). From start to finish, this was one of the best restaurants I have ever been to. Our server was so friendly, energetic about helping us choose a wine, and knowledgeable about everything on the menu. The restaurant was a little loud, but the acoustics of the room allowed us to still hear the people at our table. The piano player was a nice touch, although I couldn't hear it very well. My husband also really enjoyed the scotch selection. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Restaurant Week SuccessmadebymeganlynnDined on 8/23/2014Great food at a great value! The regular menu was full of great options as well. I could see myself returning for a date night, special occasion, or entertaining out of town guests. If this were closer to me & a more frequent option, I might hop up to the bar for a cocktail and a quicker dinner, but if you want the full experience & to explore the wine list, I recommend dining in the regular seating. Definitely make a reservation in advance, this place was packed on a Saturday night!Special Features:
- Great FoodSamandFriendsDined on 8/23/2014A group of eight decided to try Nick and Sam's during Dallas Restaurant week. The shrimp bisque was excellent, the filets were cooked perfectly and very tender to eat. The sides were delicious as well as the desserts. Good service. A wonderful dinner experience with our friends.Special Features:
- Almost perfectGreatVIPDined on 8/22/2014The food and service were spectacular. The wine selection was excellent across all price ranges. The only problem is that it's so noisy you can only talk to the people right next to you.I would recommend this to a friend.