Nick & Sam's Grill - Park Cities
8111 Preston Road
Dallas, TX 75225Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Nick & Sam's Grill - Park Cities
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nsgrillpc.com/
- Phone: 2143791111
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Richard Blankenship
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Nick & Sam's Grill - Park Cities
Nick & Sam's Grill delivers an energetic, comfortable bistro ambiance with sleek, sensual design and staff trained to deliver personal service offering an Park Cities neighborhood "Cheers-like" atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nick & Sam's Grill - Park Cities reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (32)special occasion (27)good for groups (25)great for brunch (23)fit for foodies (21)great for lunch (21)vibrant bar scene (21)hot spot (19)notable wine list (19)romantic (16)late-night find (9)great for outdoor dining (6)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- okeightnineDined on 8/23/2014Reservations were for eight pm…didn’t get seated until nine pm…confirmed reservation twice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rec1948rec1948Dined on 8/23/2014Great appitizers and main dishes, dessert not happening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ABandBPDined on 8/23/2014Great Service - Great Food - Great Wine List. Wait staff was outstanding and the food came out with the appropriate timing and everything was excellent. You get what you pay for here!Special Features:
- Nice food and atmosphereBethanyInDallasDined on 8/21/2014Our time spent here is never a disappointment. The food this visit was delish and our server so very nice and helpful.Special Features:
- Nick & Sam's - Park CitiesLadiesLeisurelyLunchVIPDined on 8/21/2014Confusion about RW cost. They said it was $45 at Park CIties location, but all the media advertisement stated it was $35. Manager honored the advertised price and appreciated me informing him about it. Too bad other patrons were charged $45. Waitress raved about their filet, but my tenderloin and steak at Hibiscus and Capital Grille were better.Special Features:
- Nick & SamsozzyDined on 8/16/2014I absolute love the place from the moment I walked in.We were greeted with a smile made us feel welcome.Our server Ricky was the best he made sure we had the best service.It was me and my girlfriend anniversary and she absolutely love the place.I called to make reservations day before and ask if it was some way they could decorate our table for this special occasion and they did with rose pedals candles and roses it was beautiful. Our food was very good had a full course meal and the wine was excellent.We cant wait to come again and well tell all our friends this is an extraordinary place to come to thanks for an amazing time nick & sams.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoudbutgoodDined on 8/16/2014Food and service excellent. Indoor patio was loud due to all the people and the conversations bouncing off all of the hard surfaces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood spotNomNomNomDined on 8/14/2014This place is great. It offers a really broad menu. You can have a simple meal of their pizzas or sushi. Or, you can go for a really nice meal of great steak (Allen Brothers) or fish. The Parmesan crusted sole is sooo good. Love having this spot right in our neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner Saturday night.jn4893Dined on 8/9/2014Menu was new for summer. many new dishes. Ultimate in service.Special Features:
- amazingrcaz35VIPDined on 8/8/2014incredible food service and ambience the wait staff are very accommodatingSpecial Features:
- Always Wonderfulpnh44Dined on 7/19/2014As always, the brunch was fab! Eggs Benedict are a MUST.Special Features:
- Great French toastCrisDined on 7/12/2014I had the captian crunch French toast , it was so good !!! And service was outstanding !Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/5/2014Recommended by two different friends, so took another couple to dinner and we were disappointed. The service was attentive, but not very efficient. The appetizers were delivered with the salads making us feel rushed. Then the staff picked up all of our utensils and condiments while we still had appetizers on the table. When we studied the menu, we found most items to be reasonable, but the least expensive steak was $43. No one ordered it even though we all wanted steak. Wine selection was decent and again reasonably priced. Overall, would not return or recommend the restaurant.
- DisappointedDinnerfor2VIPDined on 7/2/2014We came in for a quick mid week dinner as Hillstone had a 45 min wait. Nick & Sams was pretty empty and we got right in. Sushi was ok but will not order it again. We asked waitress to turn the loud music down several times. Disappointing.
- Missed Opportunity in Park CitiesDallasLewVIPDined on 6/21/2014This outpost of Nick & Sam's is kind of a sad story. Great location, great ambiance, earnest service staff, but overall just a mediocre experience. The food doesn't have any zing or panache. We went to dinner on Saturday night and found the bar empty and the restaurant half full. Across the street, people were waiting an hour to eat at Hillstone.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014We had a great time. The food was good and so was the service. Great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Selective DinerSelectiveDinerDined on 6/15/2014The food was great, and the service attentive but not overbearing. We may have found the new "best steak in town" place to go. I also love their lunch menu, and totally appreciate a dinner menu offering different selections than lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!KDallasDined on 6/14/2014We brought the whole family for a Fathers' Day dinner (including children) and had a great experience. Our server, Ricky, was great with the kids and was so attentive. I wish the pizza oven would have been functional that day, but that couldn't be helped. Wine list was good and offered variety of price levels. Food was good with the fish and chips being the favorite dish at the table. Steak was also very good. The kids had macaroni and cheese, which was a big hit with them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 0825691VIPDined on 6/13/2014Brian the GM and Charlie our waiter made for a very nice evening. Thanks.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/11/2014One of my favorite places to eat in Dallas. Excellent food and service.Special Features:
- Good bar areaSallyVIPDined on 6/6/2014Will try it next time for a sporting event and a hamburger...Special Features:
- Just what I neededSwissfoodieDined on 6/3/2014We needed a place for a working lunch for one of our important Board committees. There are so many places that are too noisy for this type of meeting, but we were able to do what we needed and have everyone hear the discussions with no problem, so it worked perfectly. The food was great, the service excellent, and the welcome very warm. It also does accept lunch reservations, which a lot of places don't, so we didn't have to ask our group to wait.Special Features:
- Great decorSusanVIPDined on 5/31/2014The food is good but very pricey for what you get. The decor is great looking!! We went on Saturday night and it was not busy. Maybe if the food wasn't so pricey they wound have been busySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- libnaniDined on 5/31/2014Food was not good... Used to be much better... Salmon was under cooked...Burger bun was soggy!Special Features:
- Great spotBabydoc10Dined on 5/31/2014Good food, good ambience! Service was a bit slow but we were out with friends so there wasn't a big rush. Saturday brunch was great! Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/29/2014Been here several times. Always come away enjoying the food and the atmosphere.Special Features:
- Very DissappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/28/2014The Pizza oven was broken for past 2 months, the server was unenthusiastic, did not ever acknowledge my son's birthday (it was on the reservation) and for the most part was nowhere to be found. They have a new menu, so there were no specials as we were told the new menu was being emphasized and tried out. A 60.00 steak should not be a tryout! Overall we had been there before and will not be back. The evening was not up to Nick and Sam's usual quality.
- Great brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/24/2014It was my first time to eat at this location. My group thoroughly enjoyed everything about our meal -- the food, service, and atmosphere! We will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good placedigamma1Dined on 5/17/2014We went there on Saturday night prior to going to the symphony and really enjoyed the experience. I enjoy sushi but my spouse isn't wild about sushi: the menu fit both our tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food as alwaysPCeaterDined on 5/17/2014I always love the food at NSG as well as the cheap mimosas. My order was messed up twice (omelette) but still great nonetheless. I always wonder why there aren't more people inside on a weekend at brunch time...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed mother's dayseb02aVIPDined on 5/11/2014We normally love Nick and Sam's grill and we're excited to take my mom here for mother's day. We made our reservations a month in advance and called the day before to confirm our reservation. At no point were we told that there was going to be a buffet and that the regular menu wouldn't be offered. During the times I spoke to the restaurant it was never mentioned. When we walked in we noticed the buffet but were seated anyway. When the bill arrived, for our 8 adults it was over $500. Everyone ordered tea as well, no alcohol. The food was only mediocre, typical lukewarm buffet food. The waffles were amazing, but definitely not worth the price. They should have made an effort to make people aware of the buffet & price before arrival.Special Features:
- Raw chickenBGilVIPDined on 5/10/2014My son noticed that his chicken was very undercooked, but they did fix it quickly once we pointed it out. I would hope that in the future, the chef would examine everything that leaves the kitchen. Loved the ambiance, and I did like our server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- monramirezVIPDined on 5/10/2014We had a big group celebrating several special occasions. Jaime and his team provided excellent service - they were awesome. the food was good but not great. The menu could use a little variety....I know Nick and Sam's can do better and offer more...food was good but the service is why I would go back.Special Features:
- SpecialLscaling1Dined on 5/2/2014We loved it and were treated very special. We were celebrating and Nick and SAMs made it a night to rememberSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dull BurgerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/30/2014The meat in our cheeseburgers was lean, but had no taste. Very bland. I did not comment to our waitress, who had completely left our table in the middle of the meal. We were left unserved until an assistant manager finally came over to offer us our check for a very subpar meal.
- The following 215 reviews are from the Nick & Sam's Grill - Park Cities reviews archive.
- Excellent food, service!CaseyDined on 4/28/2014Food was excellent. Services was great. Good for business lunches or dinners.Special Features:
- Holiday Brunch MadhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/20/2014We made 12:45 reservations at N&S Grill PC for Easter Sunday Brunch. Walked in about 12:30 to a madhouse scene and weren't seated until about 1:45. Lots of agitated customers as we were not the only ones with very delayed reservations. It appears they may have overestimated how many people they could serve and/or the table turnover was slower than they anticipated. The host staff seemed a little overwhelmed and it took quite awhile to clear and reset tables. Once we were seated, the experience was enjoyable - food was good and wait staff was very attentive. If you choose brunch on a holiday (Easter, Mothers Day, etc.) my advice it to go early or very late once the crowd has cleared.Special Features:
- Easter BrunchNameDined on 4/20/2014It was quite hectic for Easter. I love this place for brunch on most Sundays, but it was a little much for me for the Easter occasion with all of the kids activities going on. I will continue going here for Sunday brunch, but I would not recommend it for Easter unless you have small children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014Really loved our overall experience at Nick & Sam's. Food was outstanding along with the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TFrisbieDined on 4/17/2014Our server, Sam, was fantastic. He was very professional and friendly.Special Features: