Nick & Sam's Grill - North Dallas
5411 Beltline Road
Dallas, TX 75254Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Nick & Sam's Grill - North Dallas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://nsgrill.com/
- Phone: 2143067444x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday 11 am - 10 pm
Tuesday 11 am - 10 pm
Wednesday 11 am - 10 pm
Thursday 11 am - 11 pm
Friday 11 am - 11 pm
Saturday 11 am - 11 pm
Sunday 10 am - 10 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Jason Hoffman
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Semi private dining offered, up to 16 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 2143067444x
- Entertainment: Look and Dine, Loft Bar, Look Cinemas
- Special Events: Please contact the restaurant for inquiries.
A word from Nick & Sam's Grill - North Dallas
Nick & Sam"s Grill provides an energetic, comfortable bistro ambiance with sleek, sensual design, all with staff trained to deliver personal service. The menu combines the flavors of an award-winning seafood and steak house with gourmet comfort food, featuring several unique twists on Nick & Sam's favorites. Enjoy dining in the restaurant or reserve a seat in one of our dine-in theatres and select from Nick & Sam's favorites while watching a movie.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nick & Sam's Grill - North Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (28)fit for foodies (19)great for outdoor dining (18)great for lunch (15)notable wine list (14)special occasion (12)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (11)great for brunch (11)good for groups (10)romantic (8)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Tasty options despite small menusmakelijkDined on 8/23/2014Met up with a friend here to enjoy some light fare and indulge on wine. The restaurant didn't disappoint. I'm so glad I don't have to travel to uptown to enjoy everything Nick & Sam's has to offer. If it hadn't been so hot, we would have enjoyed the great patio.Special Features:
- Perfect pairingsBlondieDined on 8/20/2014I made an online reservation last night, but I've done that before with other restaurants, only to find that no one actually looked at the online reservations and I had to wait an hour for a table. This is the first time I've tried this since that fiasco. It was fabulous. Not only did I have a table, but the staff was so gracious and allowed me to have a booth by the window after a bit of maneuvering. The food is fabulous and there's something for everyone. Our waitress recommended the crab cake - I'm in love (with the crab cakes, not the waitress - but she was wonderful!). The wine list is extensive and I highly recommend the Mount Veeder Cab! Lovely experience - I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Better arrive before 9 pmOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014Selected 9:30 pm reservation for 2 after going to a 7 pm movie a few miles away (9:15 & 9:45 also available.) Hostess surprised to see us, and waiter disappointed to get a new party. 5 minutes after waiter brought drink order from the bar & took dinner order, he returned at 9:45 to inform us "last call." Two bites into our food, full flood lights all came up at 10 pm sharp & cleaning crew began. Check delivered a few minutes after asking how our food was, with no inquiry about dessert. Asked to speak to manager who simply responded "yes, we are closing now." The N Dallas location only has the N & S prices... not the quality service & well prepared food you can experience at the N & S located in uptown. :(
- Meh to OkayieatfoodDined on 8/9/2014Menu is very limited and overpriced. We ordered a sushi roll and the grown up grilled cheese. The sushi was good but at $20 a roll its not worth the price. The sandwich was good, but it's hard to screw up a grilled cheese sandwich. Service was good.
- Nice place for dinnerdinnerguestDined on 8/9/2014we enjoyed our meal and followed up with a movie. Very nice.Special Features:
- Good experienceHungryVIPDined on 8/6/2014Service was very good as was the food. Great local spot. I had the roast chicken was outstanding. Very moist and lots of aujus. My wife had them make an off menu tuna tower from the sushi bar. Said she would eat that every day. Excellent.Special Features:
- The BarOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/3/2014Sat at the bar, drinks were a generous pour. Food was average and the kitchen was very slow. Service was fabulous! Overall nice place, will return. Kitchen needs to get it together.
- Not worth itVinnyDined on 8/2/2014There are way too many choices in the area to choose this place. We had 4 people in our party, 2 ordered the Filet, and both were overcooked, and both felt ill after eating there. The caesar salads were bathed in dressing. One member of our party did like his Panko Crusted yellow sole, but s said the crab fried rice left a lot to be desired. I had the Grilled Ruby Red Trout, and it was a little too charred. It is such a thin filet, that it doesn't take much to over do it. We would have been better off across the street at Houstons.
- Great food and service!DallasiteDined on 8/2/2014This is the newest location of Nick and Sam's. We've enjoyed the nick and sam's in Uptown and this one is just as good. Great food and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top tier food and serviceackelbeinVIPDined on 7/31/2014Excellent food, presentation and service. Highly recommend this spot for a business lunch!Special Features:
- Not a family environmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014It was a special occasion, and it was ruined. The service was slow, over priced low grade steak that wasn't cooked correctly after 2 attempts, and the staff seem alarmed and uncomfortable because my son was with us. I won't be returningSpecial Features:
- Great service. So so sandwichLiveToEatVIPDined on 7/29/2014Just had another lunch at N&S's. Not a fan of the turkey club sandwich. While the ingredients were fresh and I love a good sourdough, it was a bit on the greasy side. The fries are salty, but I like mine like that. My friend had a turkey salad which looked good. It was quite a large portion with romaine lettuce and had blue cheese crumbles on it. She couldn't finish all of it and was quite full. I think maybe next time I'll get that instead of the sandwich. The burgers and sushi here are great. Brandon made sure we had everything we needed. I have never had less than excellent service here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/26/2014Nick and Sam's Grill in Addison has become our favorite date night spot. The food is great, the service friendly and efficient and the overall vibe is fun and relaxed. My husband thinks the sushi is some of the best in town and we think the wine list is good and not overpriced.Special Features:
- Gourmet fast foodIvanDined on 7/23/2014One of the best places in the city to go and then see a movie. The staff is great the resturant is easy to get to, plenty of parking. Food is excellet.Special Features:
- Movie theater qualitybkadncrDined on 7/18/2014This restaurant is connected to an upscale movie theater. Very casual, small menu. We had trout, which was cold and poorly seasoned, and a hamburger which was nothing special. Two drinks and two entrees became a $60 tab - pretty pricey for a pre or post movie bite. There is a sushi bar, but we don't consume sushi so we did not try it. Waitstaff was friendly but not polished.
- Just averagegigiDined on 7/14/2014I went on recommendations that this was a hot spot, was very average at best, service was good but felt server just kept wantin to pick up my plate that i was still eating, took my salad plate that still had salad on it. Brouht me a new drink and took the one I was finishing with still 1/4 left in it. Food was good but not amazing. Probably would go again, but for a special occasion as this was, it was OKSpecial Features:
- Really great restaurantDallas345545Dined on 7/13/2014Service is always fantastic, food is phenomenal. My first 3 visits here was to dine before a movie, now we go just to eat. Everything about this place is great, it is even better than the Uptown Dallas location. Thank you for a great experience.Special Features:
- Nice Brunch!JHFriscoVIPDined on 7/13/2014I was craving pancakes and split with my husband...they are divine with roasted pears and caramel...hmmmm! I had the breakfast plate:sunny side up eggs, smoked ham, fresh fruit...beautiful. My husband had the chromosomes, fluffy, tasty, perfect. I will definitely will come back to try that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/12/2014Our experience was fantastic! The service was wonderful and our waitress allowed us to sit and talk. We didn't feel rushed to get up. Everyone ordered different dishes and everyone loved their food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/5/2014We have been dining at North Dallas Nick & Sam's Grill at least once a week for the past couple of months. It has become our favorite date night spot. The staff is exceptionally friendly, the food delicious (husband thinks the sushi is best in area, I love fish dishes and salads), and the service is great.Special Features:
- Disappointing75093dinerDined on 7/3/2014I had always heard good things about original location so I was anticipating a great experience. But, I was very disappointed. Our waiter was overbearing and awkward. He went overboard describing dishes. It was amusing at first but became increasingly annoying as he hovered around the table, cleared plates while some were still eating. The worst was when we asked for some sliced lemons he brought them to the table on a paper napkin! He did this twice!! Awkward and annoying! Most enjoyed their food, but my steak was awful . I ordered medium well and it came medium and was chewy and tough. They did bring complimentary dessert for two birthdays being celebrated and they were very good.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014Although we had not been to Nick & Sam's in a few years and only to the original location, we were looking forward to a special occasion dinner. The menu has evolved completely and it was definitely not what we expected. This location, and perhaps the original location as well, is much more casual with a very limited menu. The food was ok but definitely not memorable. It would probably be a good place to grab a light dinner or late night bite after a movie.
- Not impressed!datediveDined on 6/21/2014Very disappointed in the food. Got calamari as appetizer and it was over fried. My husband got the steak frittes and steak was burnt and not good. I got smoked pork chop and that good, however jalapeno Mac & cheese was not the best. I would not recommend this place for as date night.Special Features:
- Date night gemesahcmijDined on 6/14/2014Nick and Sam's is a great start to movie night, or an end cap on the patio. Great food, excellent and reasonably-priced wine list with great service.Special Features:
- Great Foodlorilea123Dined on 6/12/2014My friend and I visited Nick and Sam's on a Thursday night. We were delighted to find out it was "$5 Sangria" night and sampled two different flavors. We each had the potato soup (delicious) and share the trout entree with saffron risotto. Our server, Laura was knowledgeable and extremely helpful. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- Special.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2014Had the special two nights in a row.. The trout with lemon butter sauce! Absolutely amazing I went back the next day to have it again ! Should definitely become a permant on the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average menu, wine and serviceDallasDavidVIPDined on 6/5/2014Had dinner with a business colleague visiting Dallas and didn't want to drive all the way downtown to the real Nick & Sams. This "grill" location is nice looking and staff were friendly enough. But the severely limited menu and wine by the glass choices were unimpressive. Calamari to start was the high light followed too quickly by a wedge salad that did not inspire. 1/2 way through the salad the hanger steak arrived. Steak quality was not good but was cooked med rare as requested. The fries portion was good but I am not a fan of battered fries. Our waitress was robotic and as sincere as a lump of coal. The best cab by the glass was $14 Buehler which costs $28 a bottle retail. Come on guys really!
- Food terribleJeffDined on 5/26/2014I ordered the sirloin burger medium well, it came out pink and so greasy I had to use my napkin to mope it up. Calamari tasted like fried fish fry with no meat. Wife ordered turkey club. Bread so hard she had to use her knife and fork to chop pieces. Ordered a sandwich, burger, calamari, one beer a piece and it was $75 plus tip. I have paid in excess of $100 a plate for food, and if it is good I have no problem paying it. But to pay $75 for a meal, and whataburger would have been better... No beuno!
- a little disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/23/2014I had the asian salad with chicken. The chicken was dry and chewy; way overdone. Our waiter was not rude, but he was not friendly. He seemed to be just going through the motions. We ordered tea to start and waited a long time, then finally flagged down another waiter, who promptly brought our tea. Usually the service and food are much better. Not sure how soon I will go back.Special Features:
- Great Service but Over SaltedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/20/2014We had wonderful service but unfortunately the over salted food killed our experience. Both my husband and I ordered the filet. My steak wasn't as salted as my husbands but it was still overpowering. I had to dip my steak in my mashed potatoes so the creaminess of the potatoes took some of the salt away. My husband's steak was so salted he had to cut the outside off in order to enjoy it. Even the asparagus was covered in sea salt. On a positive note, the steaks were cooked to order. I also ordered a side of mac and cheese which was really watery and not creamy at all. Overall, I have had worse but expected much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious as always!Deltagirl0522Dined on 5/20/2014I always get the 16 oz filet and it was fantastic. Yummy!Special Features:
- Nick & Sam's GrilleffieDined on 5/11/2014Good atmosphere but so so food which was over priced for the quality & taste. Spoiled to Nick & Sam's Restaurant and expected more from the Grill.Special Features:
- Great service with bland food.VeeBDined on 5/11/2014The food is overpriced for the amount and taste. We went to celebrate Mother's Day and we were all disappointed. The service was excellent, but the food is terrible.Special Features:
- Wonderful addition to AddisonOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/10/2014We've been to Nick and Sam's Addison location several times over the past two months and think it is a great addition to the Addison dining scene. The food is great, the service friendly, and the atmosphere modern and energetic. Hubby thinks it is the best sushi in the area.Special Features:
- The following 98 reviews are from the Nick & Sam's Grill - North Dallas reviews archive.
- Sunday BrunchTyguyDined on 4/27/2014Nothing terrible, but nothing like I expected by going to a place as reputable as Nick and Sams. Our server was terrible, my girlfriend and I waited over 15 minutes for a glass of water and had to get some help from 2 other servers that were not ours. Out of 5 of us, 2 of us had simple modifications (no tomato, side salad, etc) and all of them were ignored. Mid rare burger came out well done, and it wasn't noticed that I only took 2 bites. Had to flag down the manager to have somebody clear our table, I would say empty plates sat on table for 10 minutes as countless people walked by. Steps of service were missed the whole time, we were constantly waiting or looking around for help. Plenty of staff there, just none that cared. Wont be back.
- Great Patio DiningSherylVIPDined on 4/25/2014We had a perfect evening sitting on their patio. Fortunately, the sun had just dropped behind a building and it made it even better. Our waiter was very helpful and friendly. And our food was very tasty.Special Features:
- Highly recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014Great experience from the entrees, service, desserts, and ambiance. Definitely will be back.Special Features:
- Always goodHungryVIPDined on 4/17/2014Great restaurant with consistent food and service. Love that my wife can get sushi and I can have a good steak at tha same place. Hard to find somewhere that does both well. Sorry to hear that Manager Austin is leaving. Hope service stays on track as it has with him. Loved our server, very fun girl from Eastern Europe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we were asked about ourfood allergyOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/15/2014We eat out a lot and this is the first time we were asked about food allergy. Every restaurant should do this. Get the pork chop, it's very good.
- Excellent serviceArbz765Dined on 4/5/2014It was our first time going to nick and sam's and it was an amazing experience. Our waiter Brandon had the best recommendations and all the food was delicious. We loved the sushi, spinach artichoke dip and the filet. I would definantly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.