Nick and Johnnie's
207 Royal Poinciana Way
Palm Beach, FL 33480Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Nick and Johnnie's
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nickandjohnniespb.com/
- Phone: 5616553319
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday- Saturday 8:00am - 11:00am; Sunday: 8:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:30pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:30pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: John Kent Thurston
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We are happy to accommodate parties of all sizes and we have a wide variety of menu options.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private garden room which can accommodates up to 125 people.
- Entertainment: We offer live music every week. Please call for band listings
A word from Nick and Johnnie's
Nick & Johnnie"s is a fresh and friendly family restaurant. We offer a live entertainment venue in palm Beach. Our American coastal cuisine is unlike any other restaurant in the area and we pride ourselves on innovation.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Nick and Johnnie's - Best Restaurants in Palm Beach ›
Nick and Johnnie's reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (13)neighborhood gem (10)great for lunch (9)fit for foodies (8)great for brunch (6)vibrant bar scene (6)romantic (5)good for groups (4)special occasion (4)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Preferred brunchLadyleighVIPDined on 7/6/2014we frequent this restaurant for brunch as a treat or special occasions. Food quality and dining al fresco with friends and family is priceless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DINNERjunedinerDined on 6/28/2014Party of 6 on a Saturday nite in June. We were the only guests in dining room. Can not comment on lunch/drinks/group/bar,etc. Very pleasant ambience. We had a lovely and obviously quiet dining expenence. Food was good, nicely apportioned. Did have to get waitress to refill water glasses. Relatively small menu selection for salads and entrees.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodJBeeDined on 6/27/2014Went for dinner with my husband and at the beginning we weren't sure if it would be good because the music was very loud inside the restaurant. However the food was so good that the music didn't bother that much and we had a nice time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great snapper!GrillMasterVIPDined on 6/21/2014Of four of us, three had the panko crusted grouper. It was outstanding! Maybe the best snapper I've had. The other diner had salmon, which she said was excellent also. We asked for Charles to be our server, but he was managing that evening, but saw to it that we were well taken care of. We sat outside, which was delightful and quieter than inside where country music was blaring. Drinks were excellent. For wine , I highly recommend the Pine Ridge Forefront, an excellent cab.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local eaterie: kid friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Nick & Johnnie's location is spot on for Palm Beach island. It's a nice looking restaurant, very kid friendly, we enjoyed dining at the back patio. My lobster risotto was nice but not spectacular. I couldn't say our food was amazing, it was just 'nice'. Our waitress was very pleasant. She offered candy floss to our kids which was a treat & went down well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistencyLadyleighVIPDined on 6/15/2014N & J is our preferred brunch spot. The hostess was very kind, helpful and accommodating for our family celebrating a special occasion. Wait staff seems to rotate a bit making it inconsistent in service, knowledge of menu, attentiveness, accommodations and preferences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food,great people,great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014Fresh seafood, creative menu and great staff make NJ's one of my favorites. Tuna tacos, calamari, and great burgers too. Get the donuts (beneighs) for dessert!Special Features:
- tots!AnnBVIPDined on 6/2/2014We live in the area and go to N&J's regularly. Tried the chicken salad BLT this time - delicious! As always, love the tater tots.Special Features:
- Excellent!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/31/2014AAA+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great lunch!AnnBVIPDined on 5/25/2014Came for lunch - delicious as usual. Tried breakfast tacos for the first time and loved them! Tater tots were yummy.Special Features:
- The following 150 reviews are from the Nick and Johnnie's reviews archive.
- DisgustingDISAPPOINTEDVIPDined on 5/18/2014Don't bother to attend this overpriced gross restaurant! Nothing Palm Beach about this disgusting restaurant
- seekthebestDined on 5/10/2014Very courteous service and good food prepared well. Nice ambiance whether you sit inside or out or try their atrium area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was good, but noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2014we went here because it was close to the hotel. I think it would be better for breakfast or lunch - would go again, but try to sit outsideSpecial Features:
- Let downLuxuryIsAllDined on 5/2/2014I was hoping for a memorable meal on palm beach but got a mediocre meal with limited service and smoke in my wife's face from a cigarette lot at the table next to us.Special Features:
- Terrible BrunchDineoutalotDined on 4/20/2014Brunch at 11 - not prepared until nearly noon - choices limited and quality poor. Never again!
- Amazing SeafoodMilipinonDined on 4/19/2014We enjoyed a superb Saturday night dinner at Nick & Johnnie's. Seafood was really fresh and portion sizes were appropriate, not too big but enough. Mussels as an appetizer are actually perfect main and risotto was creamy and soft. The wine list is very complete and the beer selection was good too. We did not have dessert but enjoyed some Easter chocolate eggs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nick & Johnnie's in Palm BeachgdjrDined on 4/17/2014The hot bread topped with the olive oil is to die for. The crab cake was 100% crab meat-no filler and scrumptious. The quinoa, edamame, beet and kale salad was very good. The food prices are reasonable for the location of the establishment (Palm Beach) and the portions offered. Chef very accommodating to make foods right when sent back to kitchen I really didn't find the staff to be very friendly, but very business-like, methodical, and without too many smiling faces. Be sure to ask not to be seated at the table by the kitchen door- very busy area with the food coming and going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decided to give it a shotjjabnerVIPDined on 4/15/2014Was down in the area and looking for a place to eat and although it didn't sound like an absolute positive from reviews on Trip Advisor, we loved it. My Steak tacos called for guacamole, which didn't appear on my platter, but once I mentioned that I was provided with a small bowl. The other two dishes, the Green Thai curry and the fresh snapper of the day were all excellent.Special Features:
- great seafoodpalm78dinerDined on 4/12/2014If ur looking for a scene it doesn't get started til after 9pm. When the,crowd changes from early birds to younger crowd with DJ on Saturday night. A party bus pulled up with a bachelorette party which hit the bar for shots and then headed down the block. We were seated right away. Service was prompt, our waiter was very attentive. Food was very good. Shrimp cocktail salmon appetizer, skirt steak, tuna. it was all good. We didn't have a stomach ache 3hrs later..lol we don't drink so couldn't say if wine list was good. I would recommend this restaurant for good seafood n late atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love spending time at thisGiojackDined on 4/6/2014We love spending time at this fantastic Palm Beach spot. Great menu choices, fun atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeJonnymac1Dined on 4/5/2014My wife and I love this restaurant; great food, healthy options on the menu, really cool atmosphere and super friendly staff. Would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Catch in Palm BeachReiffVIPDined on 3/31/2014My wife and I traveling on Holiday. We picked this restaurant based upon the Open Table comments and menu. We LOVED it. Great location, outdoor seating, simple but elegent. Blue jeans and dress shorts acceptable. Easy parking valet or on side streets.Special Features:
- This was our second time atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/27/2014This was our second time at N and J's, and we brought friends. The service was terrific, very friendly and helpful. I was able to have a menu item slightly changed because our server took the time to talk to the chef about it. Our vegan friend was able to find several items on the menu that she liked. We all enjoyed the food and drinks. I would certainly recommend Nick and Johnnie's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time at Nick & Johnnie'sSkipDined on 3/23/2014Nick and Johnnie's consistently delivers great service and excellent food in a fun atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service, but good food!AnnBVIPDined on 3/23/2014Although our server was perfectly pleasant and polite, our service was a bit slow, but we were at an awkwardly placed table for 2 between a 6 top and a 4 top. Food was great as usual. The bottomless mimosas are great and the tater tots are easily the biggest and best side dish on the Island!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 'Classy neighborhood gem outsideMemphisMacDined on 3/18/2014'Classy neighborhood gem outside the gates of the Breakers......covered outside seating facing the palm trees.....diverse menu makes this a go-to restaurant of choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely LunchAnnBVIPDined on 3/13/2014Went for lunch on a Thursday with my Mom. Great open air table and food was delicious.Special Features:
- Good Reasonably priced food in PBdolsherDined on 3/10/2014Nice indoor and outdoor seating. Menu wasn't overwhelming but tuna tacos and calamari were great. Also had the tuna for dinner which was excellent. Pricing for palm beach was very reasonable and the service was great. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Nite OutDonnieJimDined on 2/22/2014We both had a very good meal. Drinks are overpriced but it's Palm Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkRaysDined on 2/19/2014It was ok. Was alright so not sure I would recommended. Been there last year and disappointed this year. Mixed feelings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall Great ExperienceRonaldDined on 2/14/2014Went on Valentine's Day to give it a try. Contrary to other reviews the service was very good - attentive, came through quickly on all my requests, etc. The menu had very interesting selections on it with a variety of ingredients in each dish. The food was quite good, and the portions were generous. Although many would consider it pricey, I find it to be in line with other restaurants in the area of the same caliber. I would like to see a more extensive wine list. I would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You will be delightedSkipDined on 1/28/2014Excellent food and service. Fresh seafood is always exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time we've gone tohbschramDined on 1/24/2014Second time we've gone to this restaurant. Wouldn't return and from the crowd, or lack thereof, on a Friday night - in a great location when every other restaurant in Palm Beach is jammed - this place was half empty. Service non-descript - dull menu and the food was no better. Lots of potential for improvement - but doubt it will happen. Won't waste the money to give it another try
- The food was average. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/16/2014The food was average. Service and setting were good. Might be better for lunch than for dinner. Walking distance from The Breakers.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great band!MichaelBDined on 1/11/2014Although the food was nothing special - one more piece of fish stacked on top of vegetables - the band was outstanding and the absence of a cover charge much appreciated. There should have been a larger audience for the band.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Girlsdinner42VIPDined on 1/11/2014I love Nick and Johnnie's. I generally go for the Sunday brunch, which is fun and a great opportunity to sit outside and reenergize for the new week. This was the first time I went for dinner and it was good. I let them know, via opentable, it was my friend's birthday and they put up a sign that wished her a happy birthday. However the birthday girl ordered the Curry Seafood Bowl and it was bland. The Pepper Tuna, Panko Fish and Scallops were all lovely. Her's was not so lovely.Special Features:
- didnt love it.sharonVIPDined on 1/5/2014poor service. terrible bloody mary. food was fine.Special Features:
- Great ExpectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/31/2013We loved the staff being dressed in the "cloud 9" angel theme; . However, the theme didn't relate to the rest of the restaurant. For example, you could have had an angel cocktail and a devil drink. It would have helped to have more experienced bartenders Thankfully our lobster tacos and snapper dishes were spot on, topped off with chocolate gelato over chocolate lava cake! I wish that there was more staff available to help bus the tables, especially when you know how many reservations you have. While back at the bar, the DJ could hardly be heard and no one had the New Years Eve ball drop on the television(until I asked to put it on). I think that a little more attention to details was lacking. Where were the bosses?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always consistentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/30/2013Food is always consistently good as is the staff, always friendly, well versed on menu and service! great for families, large groups, kids, date, etc been there for all of the above and the food and service are always great. kale and quinoa salad , ahi tuna tacos, steak tacos, yummmmm, actually everything i have tasted on the menu has been yummy..but dont leave without tasting the beignets( new orleans style doughnuts) hot of the press for dessert.oh my goodness soooooo goood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MoosemooseVIPDined on 12/25/2013Skip. Plain chicken not edible. Very small potion crab cakes. Oyster soup awful.