11011 Jasper Ave
Edmonton, AB T5K 0K6Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.experienceniche.ca/
- Phone: 7807611011
- Hours of Operation:
Monday- Thursday 11:00am- 12:00am
Friday 11:00am- 1:00am
Saturday 4:00 pm- 1:00am
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am Kitchen is open until midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Comfort Food, Contemporary French
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Between 111th and 112th
- Public Transit: Many of the buses stop at the transit stop directly in front of our restaurant.
The LRT stations that are nearest Niche are Grandin and Corona (equidistant to Niche), about 3 blocks away.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We offer parking to our guests in the General Hospital Parking lot after 6:00pm. We have yellow tickets that you can put on your windshield.
The General Hospital is one block west, between 111th and 112th Street, on the south side of Jasper Avenue.
A word from Niche Restaurant
Niche has placed in Where To Eat In Canada and won many culinary awards including Avenue magazines Best New Restaurant. We are an intimate restaurant and boutique wine bar located in the heart of downtown Edmonton. Niche is the perfect place to enjoy a great meal and friendly conversation. The menu is simply delicious and unpretentious, created with the highest quality and locally sourced ingredients. Real cocktails and a nice unique wine list make this the perfect destination for an evening out. Niche offers a little something for everyone's tastes. It is truly is where you belong.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Niche Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Excellent food, deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/2/2013Excellent food, delicious cocktails and great service. I would go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2013We went for a business lunch - a break from training. The waiter spent the time we needed with the "fresh every day" menu - it was hard to decide which of the from the choices we had. They accomodated our request for shared appetizers and all of the food was absolutely fabulous! It is around the corner from our office - so we plan to go back often.Special Features:
- Awesome!MemphDined on 10/29/20134 in our group, we took our friend for her birthday. Service was great. Food was amazing. Room was so cute. Will Italy be back. Parking is this issue but the lady who served us told us parking is free at the hospital next door after 6 pm. Great to know!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good, althoughOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/28/2013Food was very good, although I feel it could have been served hotter and on a warmed plate. Restaurant temperature was on the cool side, men in jacket okay, women need some sort of sweater or shawl.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise new ownership! Great Food!fooderfoodieDined on 10/24/2013This was about my 3rd or 4th visit to this establishment and while the food was always interesting, it wasn't always amazing. This visit I took along a friend who is a chef and fellow foodie. We were surprised to hear about Niche's recent change in ownership. The new owner was onsite and shared the story - in fact she served our table! The menu was filled with interesting dishes and many local ingredients. I ordered the beet marinaded sea bass purely out of curiosity and I was not disappointed! it was a lightly pink (from the beets!) filet with a beautiful light taste. I'm so not doing it justice but it was great! We also ordered desert - the flaming cup. Very dramatic chocolate cup - it was great to watch but the taste was lacking flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of Class without the CostEatToLiveDined on 10/12/2013I highly recommend this place. The food was amazing! Having an allergy I find high class is the way to go since they use less pre-packaged/pre-made junk. The Niche Chef shops for the food day of, and the menu is always changing, local AND fresh! Second best part (first being taste) the price is totally reasonable! And a close tie for first.. the Sangria is a MUST!! I will be back Niche! Can't wait to see what is on the menu next time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatHungrydudeonabikeDined on 10/12/20132nd time there. Loved it again. Need to visit more frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchxolittleJDined on 10/1/2013My 2 friends and I all had the lentil soup and very much enjoyed it! I also shared a pasta with one of my friends and it had a tomato sauce and was absolutely delicious! Everything was fresh, warm and very good!Special Features:
- Outstanding...DMacDined on 9/28/2013Four of us were out to celebrate four birthdays, so we were looking for something a bit special and Niche certainly fit that bill. From our opening martinis to the wine list to our entrees and desserts, everything was excellent. Service was very nice. Not rushed. The menu is small and changes frequently, but the options available on our visit provided a broad selection, so that everyone could find something they liked. We'd heard positive things about Niche, and we were not disappointed.Special Features:
- ExcellentCliffDined on 9/28/2013The food and atmosphere was excellent. Very small and quaint place. My only complaint was parking. I absolutely recommend that people should try this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerAlero01VIPDined on 9/27/2013This was a lovely little restaurant that I never would have tried on my own. My meal tasted very good. The portions were very small and rather expensive for what arrived on the plate. I'm not in any hurry to return but I am glad that I tried it.Special Features:
- Great Food!RedSpud98Dined on 9/25/2013The food is incredible. I don't typically like focacia bread and blue cheese but the chef combined the ingredients to perfection. The waitresses were prompt at filling our glasses. The only dissapoint was that our party of 7 people waited 1 hour before receiving our food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Service Overshadows FoodTRobinsDined on 9/13/2013I read reviews for Niche and wondered how bad the service could be. When my party of 3 arrived there were 5 tables, not at capacity. I believe there were 3 servers who seemed to take a team approach to serving all of the tables. We had a main waitress but then the other two would come over as well throughout dinner asking different questions. The unfortunate aspect of this approach is that the same question was asked over and over and when we needed a server no one was around. The food itself was good, I am not sure it is worth the price we paid and the sangria was overpriced and not very good. It took 3 hours for our dinner, one person in my party got the wrong order but he was too hungry to send it back. I do not think I would go back.Special Features:
- Not worth the money and delaysShaunDined on 9/6/2013So the food was good but overall it was not worth the money. We left hungry and in the end we spent about 2 and a half hours there due to slow food. Service was fairly slow as was the food. We arrived at 6 and it was after 6:30 before we had our drinks. Meals came in slowly after that and we didn't stick around for coffee or anything after and by the time we were got the bill it was 8:30. The food itself was pretty good however there just wasn't enough, us being there so long probably didn't help the hunger situation either. I got the ravioli and there were less than 10 small-medium ravioli's. I didn't bother with the desert but others at my table did and they weren't really impressed with those. Too much time/money for not enough food.Special Features:
- Great food, poor serviceLovetolunchDined on 9/5/2013I met a friend at Niche for dinner because I had enjoyed a great meal there as part of a group several months ago. This time was a very different experience. The food was great - really delicious. The dressing on the frise and beet salad was really tasty and the salmon was perfectly cooked. The service was friendly enough but once we had been seated and greeted, we had to work very hard to get the server's attention every time we needed her. If it had been busy, I would have been more understanding but there were only two other tables occupied. Sadly, despite the lovely food, I would not recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- GREAT PATIOOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/3/2013Sat on the patio with six friends and had a great time. Reasonable prices for great food!! The wine list is one of the best Ive seen in this city. We will be back. Our new little favorite spot!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food but over priced wineDianaDined on 8/31/2013This is a lovely intimate restaurant . The menu is very limited, but what they choose to serve is prepared with interesting flavours and ingredients. The evening we were there the main choices were heavy on the seafood side which were excellent. Being here in Alberta I would have expected a choice of delicious local lamb OR beef..... The wine selection was good but 20% higher on my choice than similar restaurants of this price range.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was alright but not whatOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/24/2013Food was alright but not what we expected for the price....the courses were ok but nothing special
- my food was great !! lovedmarkDined on 8/23/2013my food was great !! loved the fresh ingredients used through my mealSpecial Features:
- Great service and recommendationsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2013Great service and recommendations on the menu. Definitely a go to for the foodie who wishes to try something different. Staff were just fab!Special Features:
- HIghly RecommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2013Niche was recommended to me by a co-worker, so my wife and I went there for an early 6PM dinner this week. The owner met us at the door and seated us, then discussed the menu and the food options for the evening. He sugguested both a wine and a beer - each of which were very good. Appetizers were tasty and appropriately sized. Main course was a smaller portion - but adequate. I had the venison and my wife, the lobster ravioli. Both were wonderful. Overall service level was extremely good, and the ambiance was casual and pleasant. Pricing was competetive. Overall, a great experience at Niche. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Nice Restaurant....ok foodKelsDined on 8/14/2013My first time at Niche for lunch. Ordered a pulled pork sandwhich and salad. The salad was romaine leaves with a balsamic reduction but that was it. romaine leave... dressing.. which would have been fine except that the pulled pork sandwhich was a mixture of pork and fat and skin.... not all that appetizing im afraid. I hate writing bad reviews, but it really was quite bad.
- Little hidden treasureOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2013A unique small restaurant that was a nice setting for a quiet supper. The menu changes every day so it was creative and tasty. A really great experience from great drinks to the perfect deserts. Would definitely return!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/27/2013It was the perfect restaurant to celebrate a family birthday for our group of 10. We loved the atmosphere of the restaurant, the food was delicious and great service from Simon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always amazedHungrygakVIPDined on 7/25/2013great food, great staff. just so unusual offerings. Only complaint, it is a little cold in there, and the music is a touch loud for a quiet spot. Otherwise, we will just keep going back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the whole experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/20/2013The food was delicious, the service was excellent and the sangria was the perfect summer drink. I would definitely recommend this restaurants. The food is expertly cooked and the flavours are delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband raved to me aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2013My husband raved to me about his meal, he thought the pork was truly wonderful and he enjoyed the dessert and coffee with chocolate on the side to be very good also. I had a scallop dish to start, which was very delicious. The entre was spiced a little too much for my own liking but my husband did taste it and he thought it was still very good. My dessert and coffee was the perfect end to a very enjoyable dining treat. We would very much indeed make a return trip to try other items they would have on the menu. The staff were the most pleasant as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the food is outstanding....SusanDined on 7/19/2013Always the food is outstanding.... Except yesterday! However, service was very very good.Special Features:
- This City's Hidden Gemjvmckay100Dined on 7/12/2013I decided to go on a business lunch with a media partner of mine on a Wednesday as I had been given an industry card by a friend. The restaurant was quiet when we arrived with only one other table. The atmosphere was great, a very cozy warm and inviting little place. We sat and ordered drinks, which were phenominal. I had something with watermelon which I could have had about 10 more had it not been a wednesday at 11 am. I then ordered the Boar Bacon and Lobster Risotto......TO DIE FOR.....and incredibly reasonably priced. When the bill came our waitress gave me an executive lunch card which made lunching there far more often innevitable! I have since refered clients and friends and they have had nothing but great things to say.Special Features:
- Great food and fun staffOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/10/2013We really enjoyed the food at Niche. We were able to experience the Fresh Wednesday menu and were delighted at the flavour and quality of the food. The staff was fun and relaxed but still paid attention to fine details of the service and food. We're excited to go back to try out the often changing menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/9/2013Food quality excellent. Not vast portions, but adequate. Staff bent over backwards to accomodate; there was a long delay in the kitchen (due to the chef and a car accident?) but the staff made up for it and were very pleasant. Overall it was a great experience. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- The food & service at theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/4/2013The food & service at the Niche were amazing. very impressed that they change the menu regularly. Hopefully they'll keep the PB & J, and the Broken Cup dessert. Will definitely return!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic restaurauntluv2dineDined on 7/1/2013went there for out forth anniversary and twas amazing! delicious food and great atmosphere!Special Features:
- Terrible service, but good foodAngelinaVIPDined on 6/21/2013We had an bad experience, table next to us of 4 came, ate and left while we (2) were still waiting on appetizers. Food was very good, but make sure you have time for a 2 hour wait for appetizers, followed by another wait for food. The dessert came out right away, although by this time the restaurant was empty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceBrabiaDined on 6/21/2013The food was excellent, the Chef was happy to accommodate our dietary eccentricities and the Sangria was the best any of us has had.Special Features:
- Great Little Gem downtownNicoleDined on 6/17/2013Niche is a great stop for Gourmet food at a reasonable price. The flavours are amazing and the dishes are put together well. I have been here multiple times and have been impressed every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small neighbourhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2013Food came out very fast so I can only assume everything was premade and reheated.I ordered Duck Duck Goose. No Goose. My duck leg was over cooked and over seasoned with too much cloves. The corn hash was good. Foie Gras was over cooked and crumbled on top. My husband ordered the fish special and he was glad he had. The Arctic Char. The flaming dessert was a nice presentation, but lacked flavour. My husbands dessert was better.A crumble.Special Features:
- fabulous food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/10/2013this was my third visit and once again the food and the service were terrific. love this restaurant. always happy to recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our experience at "Niche"MarsDined on 6/7/2013Our experience at "Niche" was very disappointing. Waited an hour for our starters, which were good. The mains took another 45 minutes to come to the table. The food was bland and lacked any seasoning. Our order was misplaced, which was the explanation for the long wait. However, a group of four just two tables next to us, also complained bout the long wait and asked where their food is. So I guess our order wasn't just misplaced, the kitchen is rather slow. Certainly never go back and would not recommend to anybody. Sorry, but even in Edmonton there are way to many good places to choose from.
- This is a delightful littlejusticejVIPDined on 6/7/2013This is a delightful little restaurant but wwe were disapponted and will not back. First the setting is very cute and the decor was imaginative. But we wiated about an hour and a half for pour main course. one of our meals was excellent but 3 others wereonly average. Tdelay in the main course fo r a small place was unacceptable Pity jaa