1000 Main Street
Belmar, NJ 07719Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://nicchioristorante.com/
- Phone: 7322801132x
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour Tuesday - Saturday 4-7 & Sunday 12-7
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Daniel Egnezzo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For private parties and events, contact 732-280-1132 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Private Party Facilities: Ristorante Nicchio is the perfect Tuscan setting for your next family function, holiday gathering, corporate outing, or cocktail party. Luncheon, Dinner and Bar Packages Available! Private or semi-private dining room space is available (room charges may apply).
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment every Tuesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday!
- Special Events: Tuesday: 1/2 Price Pasta Night; Live Enteriainment
Wednesday: Complimentary glass of house wine w/ purchase of an Entrée
Thursday: 1/2 Price Bottles of Wine; Ladies' Night specials at the bar
Try our NEW Happy Hour Menu and Drink Specials $5 Bar Menu, $5 Martini's and Beer Specials!!
Live Entertainment Every Weekend!
A word from Nicchio
"Italy Has A New Address!" Nicchio Ristorante, a Tuscan trattoria located in Downtown Belmar amidst the Shark River and Atlantic Ocean, specializes in rustic Italian Cuisine emphasizing the flavors and decor of Tuscany. NIcchio has reinvented a menu that boasts many classic Italian favorites including Fritto Misto, Sole Milanese, Pollo Parmigiano and many more. All of our pasta is homemade on-site daily. Nicchio offers a warm & inviting ambiance. Happy Hour is daily from 2 to 7pm, offering our $5 food menu and drink specials. Nicchio also offers party packages for your special events, and all menus can be tailored to your specific needs. Find us on Facebook and keep updated with upcoming wine tasting dinners, live music nights, fundraisers and specials! We welcome you to Nicchio!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nicchio reviews from OpenTable diners
- Lost of a great restaurant!Table42Dined on 3/18/2014Loved to go to this place, for food, music, in town dining.. Sadly it is closing. Sunday march 23, 2014... Will be missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun nightBarbaraVIPDined on 3/15/2014We had dinner and listened to music by Denise and Nicole and the music was great and the food was also great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the placeBettyVIPDined on 3/15/2014We go there as often as possible and it is always a good time with great food and serviceSpecial Features:
- The BESTWildwood2Dined on 3/8/2014We totally enjoyed our dinner at Nicchios. We were pleasantly surprised with the food. Everything was very delicious and beautifully presented. Will make this our "go to" restaurant from now on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lively AtmospheresleddogDined on 3/8/2014First time eating here. If you're looking for a quiet romantic restaurant this is not the place. Bar area was packed, live music played on Sat evening when we were there. However, none of these are a negative. Even though the noise level is high we were still able to have conversations without having to shout or keep asking "what did u say," so the noise wasn't annoying at all. Food was very good and the service was good even though every table was filled. We live about 1/2 away but we would definitely go back and bring friends. Only negative was I ordered a glass of Chianti and it wasn't even 1/2 filled which at $7.00 bothered me. Otherwise I recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My boyfriend and I visit thislive4fashionDined on 2/22/2014My boyfriend and I visit this restaurant 4-7 times a year. We love it!!! Food is always on point. Never had a bad meal here. Must say that you need to reserve 2-2 1/2 hours to eat because our apps never came out for a good 45 mins. Very busy restaurant but was well worth it!. Best ahi tuna I ever had !Special Features:
- Super friendly staff madechrisinnjDined on 2/14/2014Super friendly staff made us feel very welcome. Great ambience and good energy without being.noisy. varied menu with nice mix of classics and new twists. Solid wine list, too. Been there twice now...and I look forward to going back. Salud!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Valentine's Day!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014The wife and I enjoyed a nice Valentine's Day dinner. Food was delicious and the service was outstanding. We were at the restaurant fairly early for dinner, but there was a nice sized crowd at the bar without it being too loud or too crowded. Would definitely recommend to friends and be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a little loud for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014It was a little loud for dinner conversation but the food & service was great. I would definitely go back .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambience!socialgirlDined on 2/1/2014Loved the atmosphere, food was good, great service, friendly staff and the band was great!Special Features:
- Always goodBettyVIPDined on 12/31/2013We went there for New Years Eve and had a great time. We asked for a high table in bar area and Nezi the manager saved one for us and our server , Taren , was great. We will be going back again soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new years eve dinnerpatriciaDined on 12/31/2013The soup was delicious, the pasta delicious, but the filet mignon was so very dry. I asked for some type of gravy but there was none available. My steak was to be cooked medium rare and was a little over cooked and very very dry, hardly any taste at all so brought it home for my dog who is not as fussy as me. All in all, if steak was great the experience would have been perfect...Special Features:
- Great New Years Eve DinnersandivilDined on 12/31/2013Outstanding , super delicious 5 course meal. Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local Italian RestaurantPaLattheBeachDined on 12/24/2013Nicchio's would be great anytime, anyplace. But in winter time in Belmar, NJ it's just a great local find. Food is authentic and tasty, service is friendly and attentive, and atmosphere is relaxed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas EveElenaVIPDined on 12/24/2013There was a limited menu which I knew would be the case but the selections were poor. Chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts? No fish selection (there was a shell fish pasta but no separte fish selection). My biggest objection was that the linquini was cut in three inch peices and was very much over cooked. The stringbenas on the other hand were raw! The appetizers were the best part of the menu. The desserts were OK.
- disappointedBulldogDined on 12/20/2013Have been to nicchios many times and the food has always been great. Ordered a scallop dish and it was very salty not up to expections.Special Features:
- Great AtmosphereAmazingDined on 12/17/2013This is our second time trying this restaurant, we love the bar, happy hour and the appetizers at the bar. We really want to like this place for dinner but we were once again disappointed with the food. Yes the pasta is homemade and very good but the dishes are soaked with sauce(gravy) which takes away from the fresh pasta taste. I doubt after 2 so so experiences we will be back for dinner but will continue to visit the bar.Special Features:
- We'll be back soonnewcouple5Dined on 11/23/2013This was our 5th date together...we enjoyed the music while dining...the setting was romantic but at the same time relaxed. The staff who served us as well as the person who seated us, were delightful and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedTHAHDined on 11/16/2013I brought my wife and two friends there for my 17th wedding anniversary. The table setting was great. My waitress was great. its just a shame that everyone agreed that there dishes were mediocre at best. In fact i had to send back my scallops that were wrapped in pancetta back because they were to salty to eat. It was a $34 dollar plate that I was looking forward to eating but just couldn't. It was that salty you couldn't eat it. There was a band playing which was nice. Just a shame they cant seem to get the food right.
- Quiet pleaseMoretoseeVIPDined on 11/14/2013We loved the food but the band was so loud that we had a difficult time hearing our dinner companions even though we were seated at the table furthest away from the music. Thankfully the band took a break as our entree was served which gave us a short time to talk and enjoy our food. The food was excellent and we all enjoyed our entrees, lasagna, gnocchi, and chicken. Dining during Restaurant Week allowed us to sample the desserts as well. The apple cobbler was the hit of the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfort I was served ChardonnayIgitgalootVIPDined on 11/13/2013Unfort I was served Chardonnay instead of moscato which I am sure of but the bartender would not admit his mistake...really??? The panna cotta which I love to see on a dessert offering was awful. Thick and heavy The vegetable lasagne with bolognase was delish, the fall salad was fabulousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyable!AndyVIPDined on 11/9/2013Can't miss if you come here-well prepared food; outstanding sports bar; and live music. I'm becoming a regular!Special Features:
- Big DisappointmentLisaDined on 11/2/2013After reviewing the menu, we were so excited to celebrate our special occassion at Nicchio. Upon entering the hostess was friendly & the bar was hopping. The live singer set the stage for an even better evening. We were immediately seated & our server brought us our drinks. our appetizers were delicious. And then we waited, & waited & waited. Service was very spotty. We waited an hour & 15 minutes for our entrees. when we questioned our server what the hold up was she told us they were introducing a new menu. when Our food finally arrived my pasta was ice cold . The food was ok, not worth an hour & 10 minute wait for dinner.this was a huge disappointment because the ambience here was very nice, the food not so much.
- Primo!AndyVIPDined on 11/1/2013Food was extremely well prepared with fresh al dente pasta. Crusty bread and a terrific pesto dipping sauce. The calamari was perfectly fried with a light flour coating; tender and the hot peppers added a bite to the dish but not overpowering. Super service.Special Features:
- Table 3LoriDined on 10/26/2013Great decor. Exposed brick & hardwood gave Nicchios a casual/upscale feel. The food was delicious. The flatbread appetizer was yummy. Although we didn't have it, the meatball appetizer comes highly recommended. We did have the baked clams, and thought they tasted great, but weren't "clammy" enough. The entree portions are very generous. We had the salmon, linguini and clams, rigatoni with meat sauce and the special crab ravioli. Each dish was fabulous. For dessert we split their brownie sundae in a glass. Decadent! When we arrived we were asked if we minded sitting at the table that was partially in e dining room, but mostly in the bar area. If Rob Dye and Melissa Chill are the band when you go, sit at table 3. You wont be sorry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic ItalianRick0824Dined on 10/24/2013Took family from FL that were in town visiting. Wanted some good old home Italian food from NJ. Nicchio was recommended to me. Was awesome! Great meals. Totally going there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We came on a Tuesday nightDAKIDined on 10/22/2013We came on a Tuesday night and there was a live band which was great if you like cover bands. Otherwise the appetizer, dinner and dessert were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentKevinDined on 10/12/2013Food was excellent, service outstanding. Only drawback was i bar you are too close to tables People are eating and there is a crowd next to them. Should have some separationSpecial Features:
- Not a corner tabledeadhead79Dined on 10/12/2013The bar seems to be center stage in this restaurant. The entertainment was very good.. Tables were off to the side, however, our table was at the separation point between the bar area and the seating area. NOT a great spot. The food and service were very good, but if you go, make sure you asked to be seated in the actual dining area.Special Features:
- overcooked foodCathieDined on 10/11/20132nd time here-meatballs were overcooked and so was sole server didn't really care she just served- said she would let the chef know -should have taken it off the bill- table next to us also had food way overcooked-will go back just to try again because our first time was OK and ambience is good
- Love this place!MaryandSonnyDined on 10/4/2013There were 8 of us for a 50th day dinner, we had a table toward the back of the restaurant and it gave us a bit of privacy. I love this restaurant, love that they make their own pasta and it has a great atmosphere with awesome live entertainment.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will not returnSandLDined on 10/1/2013It took us 2.5 hours to have dinner at Nicchio's. For the first 50 minutes, we had bread on our table. Our server, who was pleasant, would stay away from our table for long periods of time. She brought salad plates saying our salads would be right out, but they took another half hour to arrive. It was half-price pasta night, which we didn't know about before arriving so we all decided to try a pasta dish. None of us were thrilled with our choices. The vodka sauce tasted more like tomato sauce. It was not the usual pink sauce we expected. The rigatoni was a very heavy pasta and the Bolognese sauce was too oily. The meatball appetizer was the best part of the meal. The restaurant was cold and our food got cold very quickly. Disappointing.
- Not that greatRock008Dined on 9/13/2013I had the Chicken Masala over pasta, the chicken was not good the Masala tasted like the water the pasta was cooked in. My farther had the Veal Masala, one of the pieces was thick, it was chewy and again not that great. You get better at the Olive Garden. My kids ages from 23 to 15 said that what they had was good. My wife also said her dish was fine. Over all I am not going back and would not recommend trying.Special Features:
- Wonderful homemade pasta!CarolhDined on 9/6/2013Wonderful homemade pasta! All dishes were excellent.Special Features:
- summer shore season over???AndyBDined on 9/3/2013great looking restaurant, busy bar and nice setting. Salad and pasta were excellent!! seafood entries not very good. overcooked and disapointing. Server was busy and not able to even respond to comments about the food! I would stay with the pasta dishes and the salads overpriced for poor quality and service!Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/1/2013I was looking forward to this dinner, but ended up being disappointed. In the menu seafood section many items were fried. I asked if I could have the sole baked/broiled instead of fried and was told that it couldn't be done that way. So I ordered it anyway. It was a huge piece of sole, but I really didn't like it prepared fried and there were very few vegetables on the plate. My son ordered lobster ravioli and it also arrived fried and we didn't think it tasted good at all. We were also surprised to find out that it cost $34 when we got the bill! My other son ordered a steak/seafood special, which came with FRIED shrimp (and ended up costing $40)! My husband ordered pasta, which was good so I suggest sticking with that if you eat here.
- Ok experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2013Food was Ok. Service was very good. They had a band which was great but a little loud. Don't know if I would return. Maybe not for dinner but just drinks at the bar so I could listen to the music.Special Features:
- Loved itBarbaraVIPDined on 8/30/2013Enjoyed the food and wine selection very much. Our waitress was very attentive. The hostess and owner stopped by the table to make sure all was well. Would return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place!mkfromtheshoreDined on 8/29/2013Love the atmosphere; informed attentive service; really good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!!Coach44Dined on 8/16/2013Awesome Birthday Dinner!! Great service !! had a wonderful time Thankyou Nicchio!!Special Features: