803 W. Randolph St.
Chicago, IL 60607Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://niarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3122263110x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Sat 11:30 - 3pm
Sun - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Mediterranean, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering list & other party options available at niarestaurant.com
- Special Events: Sun-Sat $33pp eight course prix fixe menu
Sun-Sat $28pp eight course prix fixe menu, before 6pm
Sunday- $25 eight course prix fixe menu all day
Monday - 1/2 Price Pitchers of Sangria
Tuesday - 1/2 Price Select Bottles of Wine
Wednesday - $4 12oz Premium Craft Beer
$15 25oz Premium Craft Beer
Thursday - $8 Signature Cocktails
Friday - $8 Signature Sangria
Join our newsletter for additional weekly specials, monthly wine soirees and other special offers. Sign up at niarestaurant.com
A word from Nia Mediterranean
Mediterranean inspired small plates in the heart of "Restaurant Row" conveniently located in the West Loop on Randolph St. Extensive Mediterranean Wine List In Chicago's Most Romantic Restaurant. Where food is heart and soul.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nia Mediterranean reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (26)neighborhood gem (22)great for outdoor dining (21)romantic (14)special occasion (14)late-night find (9)good for groups (9)notable wine list (8)great for lunch (7)scenic view (4)hot spot (3)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Mediterranean FeastWinedudeVIPDined on 8/25/2014Nia is a taps style spot in the west loop that specializes in Eastern Mediterranean cuisine. Everything we sampled was really tasty. Try the lamb and feta meatballs, the cauliflower gratin, and the beef brochette. Really friendly service. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this placeAjtvDined on 8/17/2014Always good! Your Bacon Wrapped Dates brought my friend and I from the otherside of town; we'd already had dinner at another cafe.Special Features:
- A lovely evening for my birthdayConstructiveCriticDined on 8/15/2014We had a group of 9 and knew about the prix fixe ordering requirements for groups. I was going to be selfish and just choose for the table (since it was my birthday), but Betsy had the great idea for one end of the table to choose the odd-numbered courses, and the other end choose the even-numbered. Everyone was happy. The food was good, and the service--by Marty--was wonderful, charming and accommodating. We would definitely return. Thanks for a wondering night, Nia!Special Features:
- Nia with friendsSaucedoDined on 8/14/2014I joined friends for a dinner on Randolph Street on a Thursday night. It was fairly empty at just before 7pm. Great atmosphere and we all got the prix fix dinner per our waitress' suggestion. All plates were a hit with the group- delectable flavors and large portions to share. The bread pudding topped with vanilla ice cream was undoubtedly the standout favorite. Only disappointment was that we couldn't redeem a Yelp offer for a complimentary glass of sangria. Waitress said it was good only before 6pm but that was not explicitly stated in the Yelp offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BashLyndaVIPDined on 8/7/2014We had dinner with 6 people and it was a great we all got to try so many things. The food came out so fast and it just kept on coming. Everyone loved getting to try so many things. We will be back !Special Features:
- Nia shines againOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2014I joined a friend for dinner at Nia, the Mediterranean small plates restaurant. The evening was pleasant so we sat outside. Waitstaff were pleasant, prompt in providing olives, water and taking orders, and periodic in checking on our needs. Though there is an eight course prix fixe dinner for two, neither of us was that hungry. My friend ordered pork medallions with potatoes; I ordered the Nia salad and seafood ceviche and a glass of Spanish white wine. The 'small plates' were large enough to provide two persons an ample portion each. Each dish was lovely in its presentation and looked delicious. I was pleased with my choices. My friend was too. The proof of our pleasure: nothing left on our plates/ Come and be surprised and delighted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple comfort foodTeamLoweVIPDined on 8/2/2014We loved Nia and the simplicity of the small plate menu! We will be returning! My husband said "this will be our new regular" ThanksSpecial Features:
- Great tapas and Ambiance!ProfTKDined on 7/31/2014I chose this place again because it has great tapas to share....so many that there are items everyone likes! So many to chose from! Also it is a place to get together with friends, catch up, leisurely dine and hang out together. Randolph Street is happening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE LOVE LOVED my first visitForknFunDined on 7/30/2014Nia's Full filled our evening with laughter, great wine and TERRIFIC food. As well Nia herself offered up GREAT HOSPITALITY and was an added gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemYittleSkittleDined on 7/25/2014I have passed this place so many times and never gone in until last Friday. The food is spectacular and so is the 8-course dinner menu. The Bacon wrapped dates are to die for!!!Special Features:
- Underwhelming dining experiencefoodieMIVIPDined on 7/25/2014The food was very underwhelming in terms of flavors. I didn't sense much mediteranean flavors. Service was okay. Cocktails were not impressive either.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2014Food was excellent. Service a little slow, but water was good, may have been short-staffed.Special Features:
- Tasty TapasRaReVIPDined on 7/18/2014Well executed tapas. Good value. Attentive service with great recommendations. Great for a casual date or a group of friends.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood tapasFoodieFamDined on 7/13/2014We are always on the lookout for good tapas and Nia fit the bill. Delicious lamb balls, salad, and gnocchi to die for. The place was empty at six o'clock which was surprising but perhaps that was because it was Sunday. Service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GinseyDined on 7/9/2014Had 8 courses and all were delicious! The service was the right amount of attentiveness and very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/8/2014Went with a group of 6 and did the pre fix menu. The food was delicious and the outdoor dining experience was great- nice spot that we'll be back to on Randolph St.!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed it!GailoDined on 7/7/2014Excellent lunch, good fresh food, attentive service. I will go again.Special Features:
- Ecellent Dinner - Excellent ServiceGreatExpectationsDined on 7/3/2014Excellent and diverse slelctions, very well prepared; everything came to our table hot and fresh. The selectios were all nicely seasoned and very tastey. We never felt rushed. It was a very enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedOU812VIPDined on 7/3/2014I have eaten here for lunch several times and a couple of times for dinner. Nia never disappoints! Exceptional food each time. The pre fixe option for lunch is an especially good deal, and even better for groups. I recommend just letting them pick which plates of goodness to bring you!Special Features:
- Glad we picked this placeMollys99Dined on 6/24/2014My friend saw this placed reviewed in the Red Eye and with all the Positive things about them, we were sure that we'd get a great experience as well. We did. Amazing food, flavors and the free Birthday shot was the best! The Jumbo Shrimp and the Mushroom dishes were my favorite! Creme Brule was by far the best I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place for a dateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/23/2014I took a friend to a date there and had one of the most amazon dates ever, without spending a lot of money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very HappyziggyDined on 6/20/2014We dined here on 06.20.14 and had a very nice time. The eight course dinner was great and the service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Great hidden gemcindyzeeDined on 6/18/2014Girls night out - foodie girls - everything was fabulous! Portions are perfect for sharing and gabbing. Great wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and foodRobinVIPDined on 5/17/2014As a vegan I often find it challenging to eat out. Nia offered both my meat eating husband and myself many choices. Both the service and food have put Nia on our 'go to' listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Please come - fantastic place !CandyVIPDined on 5/15/2014My husband and I arrived about 5:45 pm on Thursday evening prior to going to the Lyric Opera House to see Sound of Music. We were the only people present. I know that is early for dinner in downtown Chicago, but when we left at 6:45 pm we were still the only patrons. People - this place was fantastic. Tapas style menu with tons of options. We shared the Nia salad - perfection. Also shared the meat and cheese board, once again - delicious. Topped it ff with the bacon wrapped dates for dessert. All of this accompanied with a large carafe of their mango white sangria. I don't know if we were just too early, but this place is definitely a place we would return to. Please try it - you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Bad case of the WednesdaysHateMeanWaitersDined on 5/14/2014Although the food was of an ok quality the service at this restaurant was absolutely horrible. I am hoping that he just happened to have a bad day, but our waiter was one of the rudest waiters I have encountered. First, we were with a group of 6 so he was going to have an aromatic tip no matter what. He pushed us towards the $33 tasting menu which did not make any sense for what kind of dinner we told him we wanted; when we said we wanted to order off of the normal menu he once again advised against it with a large attitude. (Our meal ended up being $40 each with two bottles of wine, tasting menu, go punt) Then when a waiter brought out our food there was an extra side which he insisted we ordered - we didn't. Go somewhere else for tapas...
- Great Food and Decor!Dgbrown52Dined on 5/10/2014We loved our first visit to Nia Mediterranean and will definitely return. On our server's recommendation, we tried the 8 course "tasting" menu and it was fantastic! 3-5 options for each course and the quantities were more than enough for two people...a great way to sample the entire menu and the price was very reasonable...$33 per person. The food was well presented and very delicious, and the Greek wine selections were great, also reasonably priced. The decor is lovely and tastefully done. We will be back...often!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Generally Disappointedexfed11Dined on 5/8/2014Had the salmon. Was dry and tasteless and dissappointing. Martini's are small and pricey but then again it is in a downtown trendy restaurant. The restaurant is small, maybe seats 50 at street level but there is a lower level that I did not visit. Service was fine, but the restaurant was not busy.Special Features:
- experience the mediterraneanOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/8/2014the food was exceptional. step back to the sea, with attentive service willing to please the customer. the is truly a gem with a selection that will delight everyone in attendance. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 345 reviews are from the Nia Mediterranean reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/3/2014Had visitors from England and took them to a favorite neighborhood spot. We actually went twice in one week because it was their favorite of the places we had been to. One of them was vegetarian and we chose mainly vegetarian tapas for the three of us and tried different things each time. It can sometimes be slim pickings for non meat/fish eaters but they thought both the variety and quality of the selections were excellent. Order a few things at a time so everything doesn't arrive at once. It's always so hard for me to chose because I love everything but some of my favorites are the Orzo Salad, Diver Scallops, Lamb Loin Chops, Wild Mushrooms, Red Pepper Gnocchi and Wild Mushroom Risotto. Just give me one of everything!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulKatoDined on 4/25/2014I lived in Europe for the last 9 years and recently moved home to Chicago. I have been looking for a restaurant like this for 6 months! The food is wonderful - small portions, great for sharing; tasty options for vegetarians and meat lovers. The atmosphere is relaxed and quiet enough to hear the people at your table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good tapas and drinks, very fair $BillyBar406Dined on 4/12/2014Nia's has an extensive Mediterranean-style menu, however we selected their Tapas special menu where for $33 per person we had 3-4 tapas choices from each of 8 categories, creating a customized 8 course tapas meal - salad through dessert. The choices were difficult since most sounded very good. The ones we selected, several based on recommendations from our server, were excellent and the portions were a good size. They also have a nice assortment of specialty cocktails, sangria and a good wine list. If you like this style of food and dining, I highly recommend NIa's for a nice, affordable dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So niceDruminmonkeyDined on 4/5/2014Very good food and service! Food comes out so fast and very attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Internet gamble paysoffBrownieDined on 4/5/2014Picking a restaurant online from out of state can be tricky, but it turned out being the highlight of our day. I had seen the 4 or 6 course price fixe menu option online and planned on that until our excellent waiter mentioned an 8 course option was available as well. For only a few dollars more than we would have paid for pizza or BBQ, we enjoyed a spectacular Mediterranean feast, and I was able to try foods I'd been wanting to, and to introduce my great niece to foods she'd never tried, or in some cases, never heard of, that we both enjoyed immensely. We had Sangria, the Nia's salad, bacon wrapped dates, orzo salad, saganaki, ceviche, the cauliflower with cheese, lamb chops with fingerling potatoes, and tiramisu for dessert! Wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/31/2014Consistent terrific service, food, wine, room, music, experience - you name it. We're loyal diners who live just a few blocks away and always find it to be an oasis and shelter from the storm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal at Nia'sartist1552VIPDined on 3/28/2014We took our daughter and her boyfriend to Nia's for a fabulous dinner last night. They were visiting from St. Louis and we wanted to go somewhere where we could get great food and have a conversation. We have taken many friends and family members to Nia's and every visit has been a great dining experience. I don't know where to start with the menu, since everything was delicious, but my favorites are the bacon wrapped dates, Nia salad, pumpkin gnocci, the meatballs and the salmon with bok choy. We also love the Santorini White Wine. The service was also wonderful, very cordial and friendly with the food coming out at perfect intervals. If you want small plates in the West Loop, Nia's is the best. We keep going back and it is always good.Special Features:
- Nice staff, so-so fooddearlizkimDined on 3/25/2014The staff was super accommodating and very kind considering our reservation kept changing. Restaurant was very quiet on a Tuesday night. The six of us decided to eat off the large group party menu for $33 a head which is great value, however the quantity of food is probably better for eight or more. Food does not come out in the order they are on the menu. Generally, everything tasted okay. The tastiest thing was the arugula salad with goat cheese medallions. The other girls I was with wished the restaurant was more flexible about the three credit card limit per bill considering the restaurant was not that busy.Special Features:
- quality variedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/10/2014A group of 4 of us came here as a celebration after an event. Service was very good, but we were also the only ones in the restaurant, so...it should be. We ordered several dishes because we had a variety of nutritional restrictions. I think with dessert we ordered 14 or 15 dishes. We were satisfied. The server was very accommodating to our nutritional needs, gladly modifying dishes as necessary. A few of the dishes were delicious, most others were not memorable, and a couple actually required the addition of salt because they were bland. All-in-all, the service was great but the food and drinks were expensive and mediocre.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surpriseRockDined on 3/5/2014Good menu with a lot of options. I would have like to try the prix fixe but that requires the entire table to join in. As it was, they offer a good selection of dishes for the vegan, vegetarian, and omnivore. The servings are good sized for tapas, so you can probably get by with two or three at the most.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Truly Memorable Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/1/2014This was my wife's and my first visit to Nia, and we will be returning with family and friends. Very European, very hip but not intimidating to older folks (like us.) The blend of multpile cuisines makes choices fun and easy. The 8 course prix fixe dinner was the best way to sample a lot of foods: it was value-priced, the portions were large, and every single item was delicious. We especially liked the strip steak with pesto, mushroom risotto, and diver scallops. The drink and wine lists are eclectic, interesting, and priced fairly. The evening was enhanced by our waiter, Marty, who was one of the most helpful, friendly, and engaging servers I have ever met. He clearly enjoys his job and makes the experience a peak one. GO!Special Features: