NHS Bar & Grill
10720 Preston Road
Dallas, TX 75230Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
NHS Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.flavorhookdallas.com/
- Phone: (214) 368-1101
- Hours of Operation:
Open all day 11:00am-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from NHS Bar & Grill
Preston Hollow's Neighboorhood spot.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
NHS Bar & Grill - Best Restaurants in Preston Hollow ›
NHS Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (61)fit for foodies (41)great for lunch (29)special occasion (23)hot spot (23)notable wine list (16)great for outdoor dining (14)good for groups (13)vibrant bar scene (10)romantic (9)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Never DisappointsEnergizerbunnyDined on 11/11/2014NHS is our "go to". Dependable, great food, and attentive service. Super friendly staff particularly the hostess who kindly accommodated a reservation time change at the last minute.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meatballs in townKF59Dined on 11/8/2014NHS Bar & Grill continues to be a great place when you don't want just the standard fare. Their Vodoo meatballs and London Broil, are great tasting items you won't find somewhere else. Add to that some great deserts, and you have a winner.Special Features:
- Always a favorite!mizzougirlDined on 11/6/2014NHS Bar & Grill is always a favorite! We went to celebrate my friend's birthday and it was a treat for both of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great casual spot in Preston HollowKonacallahansVIPDined on 11/3/2014Great spot for casual fare in Preston Hollow. Menu is diverse and everything well prepared. Staff is friendly and compitent. I dont understand why they keep the restaurant so dark, but otherwise the ambiance is fine although a little loud when the bar gets crowded.Special Features:
- DisappointedGreggVIPDined on 11/1/2014We have been to NHS many times and satisfied every time until Friday night. Food was very disappointing. My wife had the sole in panko crust that arrived cold and very greasy and I had the redfish with couscous that was like paste without any flavor and the portion was very small. Hoping it was just an off nightSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014I had been there couple times before. My friend thought it was too noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meeting placelaminvaDined on 11/1/2014We were 2 couples in Dallas from Virginia for a wedding. We made plans to meet friends and relatives for lunch on the Saturday of the wedding. There were 8 of us including 1 child who was less than 2 years old. They sat us in a secluded spot where we could talk and where the child could feel free to walk around. The food was delicious - we especially liked the asparagus appetizer. I had Mr. Leiberman's Shrimp Ceasar Salad which was named after Mr. Leiberman who always asked for shrimp added to his ceasar salad. It was excellent. The waiter was helpful and didn't hurry us at all. We spent about 2 hours there since we had a lot of talking to do.Special Features:
- Always Consistently Top NotchGoldgateVIPDined on 10/31/2014Stopped in to meet a friend for a quick luncheon. NHS Bar & Grill consistently has superb cuisine and excellent service!Special Features:
- great lunch spottexasmamaVIPDined on 10/29/2014We had a great lunch at NHS. It is well located and it was easy to talk since there is no loud music. We each at the tuna nicoise salad and it was delicious. The waiter was great too.Special Features:
- NHS Is GreatBlairDined on 10/25/2014NHS is the prime example of a neighborhood gem. Food is consistently great, service impeccable, and the atmosphere feels like "Cheers."Special Features:
- Simply great!newyankeeDined on 10/18/2014Our 5th visit of many more to come. They make it look easy, when others fail over and over again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love NHSOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014From the moment we walk in the door, the employees of this restaurant make us feel welcome and special. The food is excellent, the service is impeccable, and the atmosphere is perfect. Absolutely one of our favorite restaurants anywhere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Business LuncheasyeaterDined on 10/16/2014We brought our office staff here for a celebration recently. We had a table in the back waiting for us so we were not in the middle of the dining room, which was a nice surprise. The server was attentive, but not over-attentive, and the food was wonderful. Portion sizes are small, and I would have like more of my main course, but felt satisfied after dessert. The music and noise level was quite loud at first, but the server and manager lowered the music volume and it helped considerably. Overall a great lunch and I would recommend to anyone that wants great food and an easy atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!JanetVIPDined on 10/15/2014NHS is 1 of our favorite places. The food is excellent & Jake, our server, is terrific. On our last visit, we shared a wedge salad (best in town!) & the "nightly special", meatloaf & smashed Yukon potatoes. The meatloaf was delicious except overly salty. We also shared a cherry "fried pie" with delicious vanilla ice cream (tasted homemade). It was so good that we ordered another to take home. Our companions shared salmon, which was too rare so tell your server if you prefer not so rare. The portions are generous & the prices are reasonable for the quality & there's no charge for splitting. The restaurant is generally always packed so make a reservation! It's noisy so request seating in the back if you prefer a quieter area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service with TasteWorththetimeDined on 10/10/2014This was our 22nd Wedding Anniversary, so our expectations were high. They were exceeded. We did make reservations and seated promptly. We started with these meatballs that simply melted in my mouth. You have to try them! My steak was perfectly cooked, beautiful red center, amazing taste, and hot. The potato dish that came with the steak was just enough and brought moans to my mouth that you have to experience yourself. My wife had swordfish that was amazingly moist and out of this world taste. She loved it and ate all of it. And to top it all off, the service was amazing. The dinner took an hour and a half, but we never looked at our watches waiting for food...perfectly timed service and conversation. He was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DallasVIPDined on 9/29/2014Entire meal & experience for us both was a delite. Great food and we'll definitely go back.Special Features:
- underwhelmedDeeDeeVIPDined on 9/27/2014We were disappointed in our dining at NHS. My Sauvignon Blanc was not chilled. The meatballs fell apart. They had no brushetta or focassia bread. They brought a roll in place of the focassia which was burned. Not a happy evening. We will take it off our list.Special Features:
- Americana, upbeat and competentGourmetGourmandVIPDined on 9/25/2014Competent, business appropriate lunch. Attentive service. A little pretentious given the surroundings, but the food was less cheffy than the menu and waiter's descriptions. Similar to lunch in a well run steak house, just not quite as fancy or pricey. No complaints. Seems to attract a large number of lunch ladies (only 2 men on our side of the dining room when we were there).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special dinner & great appetizersJandKDined on 9/20/2014Excellent service by well trained staff. Did not have to wait long for order to be taken. The courses were well timed & the runner did not "auction" the food..."Who ordered the scallops???" Food contained fresh & well prepared ingredients. Very helpful for "gluten free" preparations on the food. Would have enjoyed more dessert offerings!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreggVIPDined on 9/17/2014Have been to NHS many times and the food is always excellent. Very consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticLuv2eatoutDined on 9/17/2014Love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Bar & Grill!GoldgateVIPDined on 9/12/2014Always enjoy dining at NHS Bar & Grill. Stopped in for luncheon with a friend of mine the other day. Food is always superb! Service is excellent. Go there.....you will not be disappointed!
- NHS Never FailsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014I can truly say this is my first restaurant review ever. I've eaten at NHS dozens of times the past couple of years and have had an incredible experience every single time. I've never seen an eatery perform at such a high level so consistently. What a gem.Special Features:
- newyankeeDined on 8/29/2014New to the Big D, wife and I are taking in one or two new places per week. Wow, NHS terrific all around, now the only problem is trying to get in at a normal hour! Maybe October!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KKdineoutDined on 8/22/2014They make a great martini. The place is always busy, so you really need to make reservations. We arrived early to have a drink at the the bar before dinner. It was full. The food. was very good. I had the tuna appetizer. wedge salad, brossel sprouts and schnitzel. All was very good.Special Features:
- Nice placeBGLTBVIPDined on 8/19/2014Good food & service. Small portions but overall excellent place. Reservation confirmed by email after the time of reservation.
- Better than expectedMeatloafVIPDined on 8/5/2014I live a few blocks from this place and have driven past for years without going in. Completely unimpressive from the outside as it is in a shopping center. Go inside and WOW! I had no idea what was in there. The décor was funky Ralph Lauren chic and the food was incredible. I saw so many things I wanted that I had a horrible time deciding. We ended up with a special appetizer - pimiento cheese and a seafood specia - halibut. There is no question that I will be going back and it will be soon and frequently.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014My new favorite restaurant when visiting Dallas. Amazing food!!!Everything we order was top notchSpecial Features:
- The following 98 reviews are from the NHS Bar & Grill reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2014The Lamb Shoulder Pot Roast was absolutely delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NHS 071914Racing8VIPDined on 7/18/2014NHS is a reasonably priced upscale restaurant. It is very popular and as a result is loud. Food & service was excellent. Dessert selection is limited. Parking is easy. Good placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My go to place...girlloves2eatDined on 7/15/2014...for celebrating birthday with small group of friends or mid week treat. The entrees are always excellently prepared and consistently tasty. I am such of fan of the fried pies for dessert. These warm flaky pockets of joy are big enough to share although you don't want to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining all the timeFirebrainDined on 6/26/2014Been to NHS many times now and had a good cross section of the menu and many specials. Everything has been cooked and presented to a very high standard without fail. Service is impeccable. Recommended.Special Features:
- Just average.ShoppertunitiesDined on 6/24/2014We had to wait even with reservations, the waiter was annoyed when my husband asked to switch from iced tea to soda. He asked "WHY?" My husband said he didn't care for the tea. He kept pushing, "It's lemon infused tea. Our specialty." My husband still requested soda and got more pushback. I finally said boldly, "My husband does not like lemon in his tea, so lemon infused iced tea is not to become him!" They forgot his birthday as we had requested, the fries and room service burger were so salty they were almost impossible to eat. The food was nothing spectacular - nothing we hadn't eaten at any other Preston Hollow/Park Cities venue Very loud, crowded and expensive. We had guests and chose not to make a fuss. We won't be back.
- GreggVIPDined on 6/13/2014Been here many times and are never disappointed. Great food and very friendly servers. See you soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Food, Service, NoisyjwatDined on 6/6/2014I generally avoid noisy restaurants, even though I understand the vibe they generally seek, but I can't stay away from this one. The food is really excellent and anyone can find something they'll love. The hamburger is as good as a hamburger can be and their top steak is worthy of the best steak house. Great fish, great appetizers and really outstanding desserts. I particularly like the schnitzel with spaetzle and the steak frite, but everything is great. Reservations are a must to get in, though we usually wait at least 20 minutes even with reservations.Special Features:
- One of our "go to" placesDallasGirlDined on 6/2/2014We love to have lunch or dinner at NHS Bar & Grill. Servers are outstanding and it matches the delicious food. Great for intimate dinners or one with family and kids. Truly a neigborhood bar and grill... with upscale food.Special Features:
- another great nightMegsVIPDined on 5/31/2014We celebrated my birthday, and Jose was very attentive. I got a lovely dessert at the end. The fish was amazing!Special Features:
- Tried something newJlewDined on 5/24/2014NHS was a pleasant find and my whole family enjoyed the food. Booking an early table helped avoid waiting too long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, as usualDeborahDined on 5/24/2014NHS Bar & Grill always delivers - terrific food and service. A great lunch spot with a menu that is just varied enough. Quality, fresh ingredients. Have never been disappointed. P.S. - the fries are great!Special Features:
- Superb Cuisine & ServiceGoldgateVIPDined on 5/20/2014Always enjoy dining at NHS Bar & Grill. Met a friend for dinner. We both had the BBQ Redfish Special. Tasty! We added a glass of sauvignon blanc to compliment the fish. Couldn't be better!Special Features: