NHS Bar & Grill
10720 Preston Road
Dallas, TX 75230Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
NHS Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.flavorhookdallas.com/
- Phone: 2143681101x
- Hours of Operation:
Open all day 11:00am-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from NHS Bar & Grill
Preston Hollow's Neighboorhood spot.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
NHS Bar & Grill - Best Restaurants in Preston Hollow ›
NHS Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (46)fit for foodies (31)special occasion (20)great for lunch (17)hot spot (16)notable wine list (15)romantic (9)good for groups (8)great for outdoor dining (8)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- DallasVIPDined on 9/29/2014Entire meal & experience for us both was a delite. Great food and we'll definitely go back.Special Features:
- underwhelmedDeeDeeVIPDined on 9/27/2014We were disappointed in our dining at NHS. My Sauvignon Blanc was not chilled. The meatballs fell apart. They had no brushetta or focassia bread. They brought a roll in place of the focassia which was burned. Not a happy evening. We will take it off our list.Special Features:
- Americana, upbeat and competentGourmetGourmandVIPDined on 9/25/2014Competent, business appropriate lunch. Attentive service. A little pretentious given the surroundings, but the food was less cheffy than the menu and waiter's descriptions. Similar to lunch in a well run steak house, just not quite as fancy or pricey. No complaints. Seems to attract a large number of lunch ladies (only 2 men on our side of the dining room when we were there).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special dinner & great appetizersJandKDined on 9/20/2014Excellent service by well trained staff. Did not have to wait long for order to be taken. The courses were well timed & the runner did not "auction" the food..."Who ordered the scallops???" Food contained fresh & well prepared ingredients. Very helpful for "gluten free" preparations on the food. Would have enjoyed more dessert offerings!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreggVIPDined on 9/17/2014Have been to NHS many times and the food is always excellent. Very consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticLuv2eatoutDined on 9/17/2014Love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Bar & Grill!GoldgateVIPDined on 9/12/2014Always enjoy dining at NHS Bar & Grill. Stopped in for luncheon with a friend of mine the other day. Food is always superb! Service is excellent. Go there.....you will not be disappointed!
- NHS Never FailsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014I can truly say this is my first restaurant review ever. I've eaten at NHS dozens of times the past couple of years and have had an incredible experience every single time. I've never seen an eatery perform at such a high level so consistently. What a gem.Special Features:
- newyankeeDined on 8/29/2014New to the Big D, wife and I are taking in one or two new places per week. Wow, NHS terrific all around, now the only problem is trying to get in at a normal hour! Maybe October!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KKdineoutDined on 8/22/2014They make a great martini. The place is always busy, so you really need to make reservations. We arrived early to have a drink at the the bar before dinner. It was full. The food. was very good. I had the tuna appetizer. wedge salad, brossel sprouts and schnitzel. All was very good.Special Features:
- Nice placeBGLTBVIPDined on 8/19/2014Good food & service. Small portions but overall excellent place. Reservation confirmed by email after the time of reservation.
- Better than expectedMeatloafVIPDined on 8/5/2014I live a few blocks from this place and have driven past for years without going in. Completely unimpressive from the outside as it is in a shopping center. Go inside and WOW! I had no idea what was in there. The décor was funky Ralph Lauren chic and the food was incredible. I saw so many things I wanted that I had a horrible time deciding. We ended up with a special appetizer - pimiento cheese and a seafood specia - halibut. There is no question that I will be going back and it will be soon and frequently.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014My new favorite restaurant when visiting Dallas. Amazing food!!!Everything we order was top notchSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2014The Lamb Shoulder Pot Roast was absolutely delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NHS 071914Racing8VIPDined on 7/18/2014NHS is a reasonably priced upscale restaurant. It is very popular and as a result is loud. Food & service was excellent. Dessert selection is limited. Parking is easy. Good placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My go to place...girlloves2eatDined on 7/15/2014...for celebrating birthday with small group of friends or mid week treat. The entrees are always excellently prepared and consistently tasty. I am such of fan of the fried pies for dessert. These warm flaky pockets of joy are big enough to share although you don't want to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining all the timeFirebrainDined on 6/26/2014Been to NHS many times now and had a good cross section of the menu and many specials. Everything has been cooked and presented to a very high standard without fail. Service is impeccable. Recommended.Special Features:
- Just average.ShoppertunitiesDined on 6/24/2014We had to wait even with reservations, the waiter was annoyed when my husband asked to switch from iced tea to soda. He asked "WHY?" My husband said he didn't care for the tea. He kept pushing, "It's lemon infused tea. Our specialty." My husband still requested soda and got more pushback. I finally said boldly, "My husband does not like lemon in his tea, so lemon infused iced tea is not to become him!" They forgot his birthday as we had requested, the fries and room service burger were so salty they were almost impossible to eat. The food was nothing spectacular - nothing we hadn't eaten at any other Preston Hollow/Park Cities venue Very loud, crowded and expensive. We had guests and chose not to make a fuss. We won't be back.
- GreggVIPDined on 6/13/2014Been here many times and are never disappointed. Great food and very friendly servers. See you soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Food, Service, NoisyjwatDined on 6/6/2014I generally avoid noisy restaurants, even though I understand the vibe they generally seek, but I can't stay away from this one. The food is really excellent and anyone can find something they'll love. The hamburger is as good as a hamburger can be and their top steak is worthy of the best steak house. Great fish, great appetizers and really outstanding desserts. I particularly like the schnitzel with spaetzle and the steak frite, but everything is great. Reservations are a must to get in, though we usually wait at least 20 minutes even with reservations.Special Features:
- The following 91 reviews are from the NHS Bar & Grill reviews archive.
- One of our "go to" placesDallasGirlDined on 6/2/2014We love to have lunch or dinner at NHS Bar & Grill. Servers are outstanding and it matches the delicious food. Great for intimate dinners or one with family and kids. Truly a neigborhood bar and grill... with upscale food.Special Features:
- another great nightMegsVIPDined on 5/31/2014We celebrated my birthday, and Jose was very attentive. I got a lovely dessert at the end. The fish was amazing!Special Features:
- Tried something newJlewDined on 5/24/2014NHS was a pleasant find and my whole family enjoyed the food. Booking an early table helped avoid waiting too long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, as usualDeborahDined on 5/24/2014NHS Bar & Grill always delivers - terrific food and service. A great lunch spot with a menu that is just varied enough. Quality, fresh ingredients. Have never been disappointed. P.S. - the fries are great!Special Features:
- Superb Cuisine & ServiceGoldgateVIPDined on 5/20/2014Always enjoy dining at NHS Bar & Grill. Met a friend for dinner. We both had the BBQ Redfish Special. Tasty! We added a glass of sauvignon blanc to compliment the fish. Couldn't be better!Special Features:
- NHS - What a findMGIliketacosVIPDined on 5/19/2014I had not heard of NHS before but I will be back. Food was great, service was great, it was a real accidental find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceMaureenVIPDined on 5/15/2014The specials sounded fantastic but I went with grilled chicken sandwich which was superb! Our waitress recommended the deviled eggs for our app and we were very pleased with the selection since we couldn't make up our mind on which one to choose. I will definitely be back, great place for a work discussion.Special Features:
- Burger was Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/13/2014This was my first time at this restaurant and the food was extremely tastey!! Definately going back for the french fries!!Special Features:
- Great DinnerDennyDined on 5/10/2014The steak was phenomenal. Even the wedge salad with glazed pecans was amazing. Every dish had such a burst of flavor that I just wanted to keep eating. Excellent meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatjwatDined on 5/9/2014NHS is always first rate. We've been for both lunch and dinner and it's a lot easier at lunch, though the menu is not as extensive. The food is first rate (though I think the change of steak on the steak frites has not been as successful.) Service is always knowledgeable, timely, polite and friendly without being intrusive. I particularly recommend the Room Service burger, the deviled eggs, the fried asparagus and at dinner the schnitzel, the tenderloin and on Friday the meatloaf. Not cheap and still a bargain!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Excellent!GoldgateVIPDined on 5/9/2014The food and service is always superb! Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Great locationLadiesLeisurelyLunchVIPDined on 5/8/2014Took a male friend there for lunch and he was impressed. I have also taken a group of women there for lunch, and we really liked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently wonderful!dallasaliVIPDined on 5/5/2014The food and service at NHS is consistently wonderful and excellent. Highly recommend. Great menu standards plus very nice daily specials of handmade pastas, 2 fish selections and 1 meat selection.Special Features:
- Lovely evningMegsVIPDined on 5/3/2014Never disappointed when we go to NHS. Our favorite appetizer is the fried asparagus, and when the season starts, artichokes! The servers are great too!Special Features:
- Consistently ExcellentGoldgateVIPDined on 5/2/2014I had the pasta special and my friend had the tortilla soup. Both dishes were superb! Attentive service and excellent cuisine....what more can one ask for? Can't wait to return!
- tinkDined on 4/29/2014Great food, great service, great atmosphere...one of our favoritesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They were having a bad day.nobucketlistDined on 4/24/2014We eat lunch here periodically as it is close by and usually has great food and service. Apparently it was an off day for the kitchen and wait staff. Our waiter approached us with "water is ok, right?" and promptly disappeared for 20 minutes when we ask for iced tea. We order the redfish special and fish and chips. We patiently waited 40 minutes with no sign of our waiter. When the fish dishes came they were properly done but had absolutely no seasoning. Such a disappointment, as their food and service is usually top notch.Special Features:
- Always Fantastic!GoldgateVIPDined on 4/24/2014NHS Bar & Grill is a fantastic place for luncheon or dinner dining. It's one of my favorite dining spots in North Dallas. I had the pasta special consisting of salmon, bow tie and English peas. The sauce was simply amazing. My friend had the shrimp special and he was extremely complimentary. Great selection of wines by the glass or bottle.
- Consistently Excellent!OverUnderVIPDined on 4/8/2014The best thing about NHS and Neighborhood Services is that the food is always exceptional, and they never deviate from their attention to quality. I eat both lunch and dinner here frequently, and have never had anything under- or over-cooked, soggy, unappetizing, etc. The good thing is, I know that if I was served something like that they would remedy it immediately. Focus on the guest experience is top priority, which has to be why it's D Magazine's #1 restaurant in Dallas (Top 100 Issue)Special Features:
- NHS is a little noisy fortexashattrickDined on 3/25/2014NHS is a little noisy for me. It was hard to talk and listen to our waiter and my guest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.