99 3rd Ave.
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ngamnyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 777-8424
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5pm - 11:00pm,
Dinner: Friday - Sunday: 5pm - 12:00am
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 4pm - 7pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Thai
- Executive Chef: Hong Thaimee
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering options:
*Delivery for corporate events and meetings (premiers, receptions, etc)
*On-site catering for special events
*Chef Hong Thaimee personal on-site cooking
We love to serve you in and out of house. Please feel free to contact our Event Manager for more information on menu and price options:
Crystal Rogers | 212-777-8424
- Special Events: Fall & Winter Events-
Happy Hour, Thai pre fixe brunch
Visit: www.ngamnyc.com for our most recent Event Calendar
We love to host your special evenings here at NGAM. We have customized options for all events including meetings, receptions and celebrations. Please feel free to contact our Event Manager for reservations and more information on food and music options: email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Ngam
Long ago chef Ngamprom "Hong" Thaimee left her modeling and television work in Thailand and made her way into the world of food, trainining under Thailand's most celebrated chef, M.L. Sirichalerm Savsti. Eventually she came to New York, where Thaimee cooked at Kittichai and Spice Market. She now goes solo at Ngam, which, aside from being her namesake, happens to be the Thai word for beautiful. The Union Square area spot serves updated spins on Thai comfort food, including a tom yum soup with crispy trout, Thai burger with papaya salad, pad Thai with grilled black tiger prawns, and duck larb salad. You'll also find a smaller lunch menu, plus a bar serving wine and beer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerThai
Ngam reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (67)neighborhood gem (48)hot spot (30)good for groups (28)great for lunch (20)late-night find (7)special occasion (7)great for brunch (7)romantic (6)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great food, ok overallOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/16/2014Delicious. Really good food. Service was iffy/ first waiter was bad, second was superb. Very fratty scene, doesnt look as fancy as photos but would go again for the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ngam on 11/8OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/8/2014Although we had to wait neary 40 minutes for our 9:30 pm reservation, the food and service were very good. The portions are generous, the spices intoxicating and the service is fast and cheerful. Good value if you don't mind a potentially long wait!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/7/2014Really attentive service and did not rush us at all. Food was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014They have by far the best Pad Thai I've eaten in New York. Great service, reservations are def. needed to avoid a long wait; it's a very small space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable!HriezDined on 10/31/2014Delicious food, great scene, very attent (maybe a bit too...) service. Go eat here.Special Features:
- I liked it!KEBAVIPDined on 10/17/2014The lobster curry was delicious. I would skip the Chang Mai fries -- even though they are famous.
- Please get ceiling fans or use ACteppietwo2Dined on 10/16/2014Dinner was good but room was too hot and very uncomfortable...took away from the dining experiences...Special Features:
- Not Your Everyday Pad ThaiMarcVIPDined on 10/11/2014This was our first time at Ngam and it didn't disappoint. Tried several different dishes with a variety of curries. Each plate had great layers of flavor as well as texture.Special Features:
- Average Thai foodRiomalleoDined on 10/10/2014The food and service were reasonable. It is a nice place but a little noisy. Unless you have high expectations you will not be disappointed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modern foodcarolkDined on 10/9/2014Went for lunch. Most of our dishes were great. We ordered an appetizer of dumplings. However, waiter did not advise a) that they were extremely HOT (spicy) (and we had ordered all of our other dishes NOT SPICY! or B) of the exorbitant cost of the lobster dumplings. $ 34, which we only saw once the bill came. We thought they'd even forgotten about the dumplings as they arrived after we'd eaten out other appetizers and main course. When they did come, they were with noodles and a broth, more like another main course...and VERY HOT. Ended up taking them home for a family member who likes hot and spicy. The waiter just said, "oh - I probably should have told you about the price..." Disappointing end to an otherwise delicious lunch.Special Features:
- ThePigsTheThingDined on 10/8/2014Always tasty (sweet, spicy, etc.) and fun. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Delicious, unusual brunchIKnowFoodDined on 10/5/2014We went for brunch with one gluten free person and one teenager new to Thai food. The brunch menu had delicious options for all. We had an appetizer of grilled meeats, a traditional pad thai, a zucchini pad thai (grated zucchini as noodles,) a kale salad, and a chicken and waffles for "dessert." Everything was amazingly fresh, perfectly spiced, and delicious. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnneDined on 10/3/2014Waved for a long time to get the attention of a waiter from the chatting group. Waited a long time for the food to come out. Weird taste (frizzy) Thai Iced Tea, bad tom yum soup that tasted like plain water with just hot pepper powder & a few pieces of rubbery shrimp, way too salty smoke charred noodles & way too oily black knight pasta. Overly priced for poor food & services. Too noisy & need better placing with tables. The only good thing was the regularly refill of water by one of the bus staff, he refilled our glasses like 5 times during our hour-long dinner (this was nice as our Thai Iced Tea was not drinkable). Lighting was too dim as the gentleman sitting at the next table needed to use the flash light from his cell to read the menu.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/29/2014good food,lobster dumplings and lobster tail in coconut sauce was delicious! zucchini pad tai was OK. green curry with chicken was tasty. Cheng mai fries are very good, different dipping sauces are very good.Special Features:
- Excellent Thai FoodFirstDATEdineDined on 9/28/2014Went to Ngam last Sunday after reservation, it was everything i heard about, Excellent food and Drinks and service. Would recommend this place to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruined by really poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/26/2014Highs: Ambiance (good setup, community dining setup works), Energy Low: The Service was atrocious... we might have seen waiter 3 times all ight. Lots of staff, but we'd flag someone down to ask for things (another beer, sharing plates, etc) but they would forget or just ignore us because had to ask for everything 2-3 times. The food - fine, not amazing (certainly not worth the effort required with the staff). I understand the attempt at Thai/Modern US fusion, but dishes were either too far out there or boring.The Thai tacos tasted like a sausage and pepper pizza, the pad thai was kind of boring. My wife and I had high hopes for this place based on the reviews and word of mouth, but left feeling very disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Poor ServiceQAZokmEDDined on 9/21/2014Very nice restaurant, but greeted very rudely upon entering, and continued with poor service through-out the night. The food was delicious, and very original menu with a couple classics/favorites available. The food could have been a touch spicier. Overall, I'd likely go back and hope for a different server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sam04Dined on 9/20/2014Had to wait 30 minutes for the table. Both entree orders were wrong, our server did not bother to come check on us despite us trying to flag him down multiple times. The food actually did not taste bad, and the menu was innovative - such a pity the management of the restaurant and service is so bad!
- Great nightCrebel007Dined on 9/7/2014Ngam was awesome! Fun food, great environment. Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYCFoodieVIPDined on 9/6/2014Food was very tasty. Everything we ordered was delicious and the prices are very fair. Definitely a great place to try a unique spin on typical Thai dishes.Special Features:
- Okay Thai food.TubbymoonDined on 9/5/2014Ngam has okay Thai food but nothing special. Don't really recommend it unless you're eating late in the area. Pretty pricey.Special Features:
- Authentic Thai FoodStylin80Dined on 9/4/2014Ngam is my go to Thai place in the East Village. The food is consistently great, service is good and reasonably priced. Highlights are: Calamari appetiser and the Zucchini pad thai or the Thai Green Curry. Highly recommend sitting at the bar watching the chefs in the open kitchen, or at the long table in the middle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014i found it from google maps and i've been on a big tom kha soup kick. there's was great. i was glad we didn't need to sit at the communal table for that meal, but it could be cool for certain occasions. overall well done thai foodSpecial Features:
- Vegan friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/4/2014Good food great service, very accommodating for vegans, zucchini pad Thai is great.....as is the papaya salad......will be back for sure....have been there twice in the last week for takeout, which is fast and just recently for a 6 person lunch!,
- Thai spectacular!!somuchtoeatsolittletimeDined on 9/2/2014The four of us were seated at one of the lower tables towards the rear of this new THAI restaurant in our neighborhood. A higher family-style table with stools seated endlessly changing, smaller groups of two and three. Plates were large enough to share and the variety of appetizing selections gave us a peek at what was possible for future visits. Prices are not inexpensive, but the quality of the food makes this a go-to place for REALLY delicious asian food.Special Features:
- Service mattersJustanotherfoodieDined on 8/30/2014The food was good. The managing was not all too well. A group of young ladies were using the restroom as a place to do there hair and make up. Not just in the restroom but in front of a mirror that happened to be a table away from me, oh and there were two customers sitting there waiting on there food. Terrible. Management should have had the ladies escorted out of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Experience - Raw ChickenMexicaliDined on 8/27/2014I've been here before - my 1st experience was great - this time not. The AC was broken and my BF and I sat down sweating bullets. Also, beware of a SUPER loud atmosphere. Okay if you're with friends - not okay if you're trying to get to know someone. You practically need to put your ear against your date's mouth to hear them. Service was slow, but when food finally arrived, it did tasted pretty good (I ordered papaya pad thai w/ chicken + my BF ordered old school pad thai w/ chicken). BUT when I was 1/2 way thru my meal, I noticed 2 large pieces of chicken that were completely raw :-( Manager came over + apologized - he was VERY nice and comped the meal, but still... Raw chicken is a NO NO!
- DisappointingKwar228Dined on 8/26/2014This is one of these restaurants where I don't understand why anyone gives it a good review, unless it was a total aberration and there was a dishwasher filling in for a cook on the night we were there. Utterly mediocre...like getting thai food in the suburbs. Very nice waiter but very long gaps in service..drinks took forever, ordering even longer. Food came out fairly fast.
- A new twistTony2meVIPDined on 8/15/2014Thoroughly enjoyable gastronomic experience. Every dish, while simply prepared bursts with flavour. Excellent choices for both vegetarian and non vegetarian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, medium serviceSSGGDined on 8/6/2014The food was great - different from any Thai food I've had. We had to look around for a server to help us take our order and pay the check and not a lot of description when we asked questions about the dishesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Friendly staff, very authentic food. Been several times, always had a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 272 reviews are from the Ngam reviews archive.
- Creative MenujenecoyoteVIPDined on 7/24/2014Lots of vegan and paleo options. Very friendly and attentive staff. They have happy hour specials on the cocktail menu and the food is creative and ambitious with many variations of old favorites that I have not seen at any other thai restaurant.Special Features:
- Great foodNYCfoodiesDined on 7/22/2014This is one of the best Thai place I have been to, great place to bring a friend or a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely SpotkarareneeDined on 7/20/2014My boyfriend and I came here for dinner. He ordered the green curry with tofu, and I ordered the pad see ewe with beef. We also had a side of coconut rice --- best coconut rice I've ever had. Everything was excellent. Pretty decor, nice crowd, friendly service. Great date spot! We left very satisfied.Special Features:
- Overall goodFoodiefromupstateDined on 7/17/2014Great food, loved happy hour drinks and apps. Cozy but not cramped--For guests at least, heard at least three glasses break. My only real complaint is although I put a special note indicating a birthday, it was not acknowledged.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long wait but yummyMelemellyVIPDined on 7/16/2014We waited for our food for almost an hour but our server was super apologetic and accommodating (she gave us a free round of drinks). Once we received the food it was quite good though!Special Features:
- love the burgerlolcatDined on 7/12/2014Lemongrass burger was phenomenal. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/11/2014Very good for gluten and dairy free options. Good was good and plenty of variety on the menuSpecial Features:
- overhypedamysshaDined on 7/5/2014the food was mediocre, service pretty bad, good drinks though.
- Spacious & tasty!SmilingCandleDined on 7/3/2014Love the modern Thai food here. Too often it's too sweet or bland, this place gets it right. Had seasonal selections: watermelon sangria, mushroom spring rolls, amazing som tom with kiwi & strawberries, pad thai made with raw zucchini noodles instead. Hot weather appropriate and great offerings for vegans too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.