3206 N Street, NW
Washington, DC 20007Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.neyla.com/
- Phone: 2023336353x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday : Closed
Full Bar/lounge : 5:00pm - late night
Happy Hours:(Bar menu available)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Tapas / Small Plates, Lebanese
- Executive Chef: Abdullah Hash Housh
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Neyla is available to cater your private, corporate event and luncheon
please contact General Manager Chris Wilson to discuss your needs, as we will create a personalized menu tailored to your personal tastes.
- Private Party Facilities: A fabulous combination of artistic lighting elements and silk drapery adorn our restaurant.
Buy-outs: Neyla may be used to host a cocktail reception for up to 250 guests and 200 for a seated dinner.
Our private dining room (Tent Room) is decorated in Mediterranean tones that are reminiscent of a Romanesque villa. The TENT ROOM may be used for up to 80 guests for a standing reception and up to 70 guests for a seated dinner. The TENT ROOM is available to host your next event. Let us assist you in enhancing our spaces with customized floral arrangements and additional décor.
- Private Party Contact: Chris Wilson 2023336353x
- Entertainment: House/lounge music every night, Arabic/international music late Saturdays.
Neyla offers a belly dancer on Saturday nights starting at 9:30 pm.
- Special Events: Please feel free to contact our Special Events Coordinator Rebecca Feldman by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or calling 202-333-6353.
A word from Neyla
Meet Neyla, the Mediterranean spirit of prosperity, abundance, and success. The restaurant that celebrates her is a treat for the senses and social graces. Both elegant and comfortable, Neyla is inspired by Romanesque Mediterranean villas, and influenced by the myriad peoples who settled in that wondrous part of the world. Neyla is a delightful mix of exotic cultures, inspired in the homes, hearths and taverns of the rugged land known first as Phoenicia, then the Ottoman Empire, and later the Republic of Lebanon. From nomadic Arab tribes, Ottoman Turks, Egyptians, Greek and French rulers, Neyla's food melds the best of all the Mediterranean cultures. Vegetables, salads, grilled meats and fish are set off by light, and subtly spiced sauces. Coriander, cinnamon, basil, thyme, Turkish pastries, coffee with cardamom and of course the renowned Lebanese mezzas tell the tongue a story of four thousand years of culinary history.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Neyla reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (22)neighborhood gem (15)fit for foodies (11)romantic (8)special occasion (7)notable wine list (5)good for groups (4)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- I hope to see you soon.Nav214Dined on 8/9/2014I'm going to miss the Georgetown location, however, am very excited about the Reston location !!Special Features:
- Perfect nightDiscerningPaletteVIPDined on 8/5/2014Neyla is a terrific spot for outdoor dining. Great food and wonderful service. Nestled on a side street with an intimate patio - the perfect spot for a romantic dinner for two or meeting a small group of friends. I've been coming here for years -- a D.C. gem.Special Features:
- Expensive and not worth itRealDealHolyfieldDined on 7/25/2014Food was mediocre, service was ok, bill was ridiculous. Never going again.Special Features:
- Great food with low noise level!DCFoodConnoisseurVIPDined on 7/24/2014Food was great but service left much to be desired. The low noise level was much appreciated as this is usually a huge problem in most DC restuarantsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/23/2014Usually don't write reviews but I had been to Neyla many years ago and was so excited to go back right now, during my current trip to DC. The food was subpar and the service was absolutely horrible. My waitress was very strange and all of the food came out about 5 minutes after our order. We went to Neyla to spend a nice evening together and left in the speed of McDonalds.
- ReviewerVIPDined on 7/20/2014Brunch at Neyla is always very pleasant. If you know Mediterranean food, you won't be disappointed with the varietiy of selections. Service is attentive.Special Features:
- Great place for a group!LSanDined on 7/19/2014We had a low-key bachelorette party here on a Saturday night. It was GREAT location for outdoor seating, great food, and all very reasonably priced. The host was very accommodating to our request for outdoor seating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in GeorgetownBFDBDined on 7/18/2014We're new to Glover Park so am starting to explore more Georgetown restaurants. The food here is excellent, the advice on drinks was spot on and the service was great. Plus great Georgetown people watching!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatKathDined on 7/17/2014Excellent service, beautiful setting. The only minor flaw was that the breading on the cauliflower was too heavy. Otherwise, the food was great.Special Features:
- Always OutstandingLive2EatDined on 7/12/2014I've wanted to take my wife here for quite a while...we finally had the chance and I told her it was the best Arabic/Mediterranean Food in the states. She lived in the Middle East for several years and was skeptical...until she bit into the kibbeh! This is an outstanding restaurant with excellent service and a knack for pairing the right wine with the dishes! The meals are always cooked to perfection - tender, succulent, and delicious!Special Features:
- Get the Mezze for twoOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/11/2014Mezze for two and a bottle of wine with the wife. Walked out for less than $100. If you are starving look elsewhere on the menu. Otherwise the tasting for two for $25 is the way to go!Special Features:
- Delicious foodRaul76Dined on 7/5/2014Excellent food. Unfortunately we were the only ones in the restaurant on a Saturday at 2.00!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceDinerDougDined on 6/28/2014We had an early dinner on a good weather day making the outside experience very good. It was not loud and there was a breeze. The food is always good here and we have never had a bad dining experience at Neyla.Special Features:
- Remarkable nightRyderDined on 6/18/2014Had an early dinner and thought we would be gone quickly. The food Was so good we took our time really enjoyed their many dishes. Do not miss it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinnnerCmdm83Dined on 6/15/2014My wife and I went to Neyla for our first year anniversary. It was a great night for us. Thank you for all your service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the patiosirby2013VIPDined on 6/13/2014We chose this restaurant for a birthday celebration for the belly dancing. We opted for inside seating for the entertainment. The belly dancer never showed up. They were out of half of the wine on the white wine list. Yusef our server made was attentive and apologetic about the no show belly dancer. I wld recommend for a romantic dinner on the patio but not for a celebration.Special Features:
- Highly recommendedwaterlilyDined on 6/7/2014Delicious food, beautiful presentation, friendly waitstaff.Special Features:
- The following 803 reviews are from the Neyla reviews archive.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/3/2014I saw Neyla while I was walking through Georgetown one evening and was immediately drawn to their amazing patio. The food is great and our waiter was so friendly and very open to describing items on the menu that we had never heard of without making us feel silly. I would definitely come back.Special Features:
- Overall excellent dinner experienceSuzyDined on 5/28/2014Excellent modern middle eastern cuisine, good wine list, attentive service. The outside patio was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentfoodluvrDined on 5/25/2014Have been going to Neyla for several years, as it is one of the family's favorite restaurants.. even with some changeover in personnel, they continue to provide exceptional food and service.. highly recommend the Tasting for first time diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ambience!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/24/2014We had the tasting sampler for an appetizer and the chicken shish kabob which was delicious. My problem with the experience is that they must have had 19 people working, 17 attending to the outside diners and we sat for 20 minutes with dirty empty plates in front of us. I finally got up and asked one of the people standing around to clear the table. Also, they were out of all Chardonnay except one bottle and they were also out of Bourbon and tried to pass off a maker's mark with Scotch. Food was good. Next time I will sit at the bar with Jose where you get one one one impeccable service.Special Features:
- Good find in GeorgetownlookinferfoodDined on 5/18/2014Very nice Middle Eastern/Mediterranean restaurant on N just off Wisconsin. Convenient to parking garage at the Shoppes at Georgetown and other public parking. Easy to walk up to from shopping hot spots on M. Very attractive, large patio. We didn't sit there as it was a bit chilly but would be a fine place to eat on a warmer day. Very nice mezze menu.Special Features:
- Journey through dreams of LebanonGFcome2MamaDined on 5/14/2014Arriving at Neyla I was greeted by a charming young man who to my delight waited on my friend and I at our cute and comfortable window seat. An appetizer of piping hot ,warm,soft, freshly baked pita bread with equally delicious hummus arrived quickly. Lost in laughter, smiles, and conversation our Shish Kabob with Filet Mignon cooked medium rare arrived. The accompanying whipped garlic dip allowed this mouth watering dish to melt in one's mouth with even more divine pleasure. My eyes were bulging as dessert came !! Baklava freshly prepared.. no frozen dough here, with 2 juicy,ripe,sweet strawberries and authentic Turkish coffee. It was a magic carpet ride to a palace in Lebanon where one is treated as royalty!Try it and bon appetite !!Special Features:
- Take Bacchus in Bethesda Over NeylaMellowMelDined on 5/13/2014Neyla a disappointment. Mezza is the key to dining Middle Eastern, but Neyla's mezza are bland and uninteresting. Service is somewhat erratic, although they appeared to be trying hard. Outside dining is a plus, but would recommend not taking a table next to the alley. It's a well-groomed alley, but it features rather healthy looking rats. Ugh!! Better outdoor dining and certainly better mezzo at Bacchus in Bethesda.Special Features:
- fantastic gardenDekiDined on 5/11/2014took our moms out for the mothers day. great food, service and atmosphere!Special Features:
- A Great Dining ExperienceGeorgetownDinerDined on 5/10/2014On May 10, 2014 we dined at Neyla. Neyla has become a part of our drop off/pick up routine for the past three years now. We were lucky enough to dine outside on a very nice evening. We were under cover when it started lightly raining. The service was outstanding, never intrusive but there when needed. We ordered a number of the small plates for sharing, instead of ordering large entrees. Their food is very good, and was served quickly, allowing us to dine at a leisurely pace. Three of us had drinks with dinner. It's a bit pricy, but worth the expenditure for the great outdoor dining, great service and very good food. We look forward to going back in the Fall, when we bring our son back to Georgetown for his Senior year.Special Features:
- Another fantastic restaurant!rodrigueteVIPDined on 5/3/2014The food was marvelous. Specially the meat kebab, the baba-ganoush and the lamb. Great vibe in the restaurant!Special Features:
- Disappointingsophisticted2dineDined on 5/1/2014Our drinks were watered down and that started things off poorly. The appetizer platter of a variety of mezzas was just not right and tasteless. More unfortunately, during that course, and while seated in the outdoor area, we noted a large rat going up and down the alley way carrying food from the area down the alley. We lost our appetite and didn't order anything else. The servers were too pushy, trying to get us to order more before we even started the appetizer platter of mezzes. The pitas were stale and hard. Not recommended for a return. Nice outdoor area however.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant!asoledesireDined on 4/25/2014Visited DC and stopped at Neyla. We had great service, enjoyed many delicious appetizers, and had multiple fresh drinks! The restaurant interior is also top notch! I would highly recommend this!Special Features:
- Always a favoritesmarcDined on 4/24/2014My daughter and I booked a table at 8:00 and due to extensive traffic, called to say we'd be late. The hostess was very helpful in moving our reservation back and calling to check in with us as the new time approached. When we arrived we were ushered to a back room with only one other table occupied (they soon left). The food was great, the service was very friendly and professional but I wished they had seated us in the main dining room with the other patrons. Next time I will ask for another table.Special Features:
- Omg falafel!!!PickypantsDined on 4/18/2014Best falafel I have had since moving here 3 years ago. Just wish there was a falafel sandwich. Hummus was outstanding, drinks were great, service was awesome, I love this place! Nom nom nom!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experiencecgp123Dined on 4/11/2014We have dined here many times. Service is great Food is different and good. Location is fun. If the weather is good sit outside. It was a little chilly when we went so we sat inside. The service is great from the moment you walk in the door and a greeted. This restaurant has it figured out . The host/hostess always happy and smiling. Server was excellent and offered lots of suggestions. Fun experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun night, great foodFoodFanDined on 4/5/2014Lamb chops were excellent. Appetizers were amazing. VERY good staff and friendly service. Good location and not bad parking for Georgetown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreTabletopDined on 3/29/2014The food was really disappointing. It was also so loud we were shouting across the table to our friends. Would not recommend.
- Very expensiveFadiDined on 3/24/2014As a Lebanese I can definitely say the food is average at Neyla, and it is really very expensive compared to the quantity of food served.Special Features:
- Wonderful foodcarboDined on 3/15/2014We are visiting DC and stumbled on Neyla. My husband's mom was Lebanese so we know what this food is supposed to taste like. Food was fresh, not greasy, good spice. Excellent server. Decor was a little tired but that didn't matter. Recommend it!Special Features:
- Overall Less than AverageconstanttravellerDined on 3/12/2014Our experience was not terrific. A couple of the starters were excellent (yoghurt/cucumber & tabouleh) but the mains (both shrimp kabobs) suffered. Mine from soggy accompanying salad. The prices are high for the type of food that is being offered and our overall impression was not favourable. If you are in the area, it may be worth a try. It would not, however, be worth a cab ride to get there in my opinion. There are just so many other choices in DC.
- My wife and I enjoyed a nicetrickyDined on 3/8/2014My wife and I enjoyed a nice meal, on the recommendation of our city-dwelling daughter, who likes Neyla a lot. She was right, as the service and food were just right.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go theredcfiDined on 3/7/2014Food is bad, drinks are bad, service is bad...if you cannot find any place to eat in gtown, go home and don't eat there. Waste of money....
- Good Lamb Chops, Loud SpaceSerZacDined on 3/1/2014Dined at Neyla on a Saturday and was able to secure the reservation earlier in the afternoon that day. The restaurant is very dark, and the sound system loud, think crowded bar scene loud. Service was prompt and professional. I had a mint/lemonade slushy drink that was very good, a bit sweet, but good enough that I ordered another. Our dinner consisted of many of the small plates which were all acceptable. The one stand out were the lamb chops, so very tender, and perfectly spiced. There was a belly dancer performance towards the end of our meal. She was entertaining, engaging, and interacting with the diners. I would return to dine, a bit earlier in the evening to avoid the noise level.I would recommend this to a friend.