Next Wood Fired Bistro & Vino Bar
5003 Colleyville Blvd
Colleyville, TX 76034Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Next Wood Fired Bistro & Vino Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nextwoodfiredbistro.com/
- Phone: (682) 325-4046
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Ying Aikens
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer full-service catering through Y2Kitchen for events of all sizes, styles and desires. We work with our clients to create a specific menu uniquely suited for your event, and we can also arrange for all service and rentals.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining center features a garden-room feel, seating for up to 60 guests including a Chef's table and provides a perfect area for a rehearsal dinner, wine-tasting, art show or special event of your choosing. Our staff will work with you to make your event flow smoothly and be a memorable time for you and your guests.
- Private Party Contact: Ying Aikens 6823254046x
- Special Events: #MartiniMonday is held every Monday at Next and features reduced pricing on all Martinis.
#WineWednesday at Next is held each Wednesday and features a minimum of 6 different wines, typically available only by the bottle, on a by-the-glass basis at very attractive pricing to allow our guests to experience new and different wines without the need to commit to a full bottle.
Next hosts wine and Scotch dinners throughout the year.
A word from Next Wood Fired Bistro & Vino Bar
NEXT Wood Fired Bistro & Vino Bar is a casually elegant place to come and enjoy a wide variety of unique and delicious foods that come from our imported Mugnaini Italian wood burning oven using the finest ingredients and paired with our thoughtfully chosen wine and beer selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Next Wood Fired Bistro & Vino Bar - Best Restaurants in Colleyville ›
Next Wood Fired Bistro & Vino Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (49)fit for foodies (49)notable wine list (46)special occasion (30)romantic (16)great for brunch (13)great for lunch (11)good for groups (9)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Lovely Local RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/21/2014I recently had lunch with friends at Next Wood Fired Bistro and Wine Bar, and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The food was delicious, the service was attentive but not intrusive, and the ambiance was very nice. I requested a couple of changes to my order and they were accommodated without difficulty. The desserts were also outstanding -- the Creme' Brule' Strawberry Cake was delicious, and very different. I plan to return soon for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceDonPDined on 11/20/2014Ying and Tom Atkins have a wonderful restaurant. the food is excellent and Josh, bartender, does a great job keeping the drinks coming! there is a lot of road construction on 26 for the next two years or so--we are inviting everyone to come out to NEXT and support Ying and Tom while the state and city perform construction that really does not need to be done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasion gem in ColleyvilledcrevsDined on 11/7/2014this place is probably reserved for those special occasions when you don't mind spending some money on someone special. the night's specials do not include a price, so that gives you an idea. we had 2 appetizers and 2 entrees. we enjoyed two dishes particularly. the piquillo peppers were wonderful; sizzling in a small cast iron skillet covered in manchego cheese....yum. and the gnocchi was pillow-soft and delicious. so come prepared to enjoy a special meal, but bring your credit card.Special Features:
- Ease off on the saltDFWSGJVIPDined on 11/7/2014$32 for four medium sized scallops with two smears of stale tasting carrot puree and asparagus with the woody stems still attached is just not right. To top it off, it was almost unedible due to the amount of salt added. I ate the scallops by scraping them clean. Its all a shame, because the scallops were fresh. My partners pork entree was likewise way over salted. Where did the chef learn how to cook?Special Features:
- My favorite neighborhood placePGoetzDined on 11/5/2014Great atmosphere, and every meal I have ever had at Next! The wait staff is attentive, the food is fresh and the bar is well stocked. I urge all to try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic EveningChrisMDined on 10/24/2014We were warmly greeted as soon as we walked in, no wait despite how busy they were. Our server was also very knowledgeable of the menu, and provided a perfect suggestion for my wife, and both meals were exceptional. They have a great wine list to suit all occasions, and most tastes. The wine was served in the proper glasses and at the correct temperature which is always nice. Overall, we had a fantastic experience, it seems Next has the details down, we will definitely be coming back!Special Features:
- Great Food; The Rest Was Just OkOpnTbleVIPDined on 10/23/2014We did date night here after reading great reviews. The restaurant is converted from what used to be a fast food joint many years ago. The way they expanded and repurposed the place is remarkable. Some of the tables are quite close together, which is a little uncomfortable and you could become a part of someone else's dinner conversation if they're loud. Extensive wine list, but no half bottles. The service was just ok. Our waitress was pleasant, but a couple came in right after us who were clearly regulars. She prioritized them and served them a lot faster than us. Also felt that the restaurant was understaffed, so that might have been an issue. We both had pasta - fantastic. Nice, but don't know that this would become a regular for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!SallyDined on 10/22/2014Every time we go to Next, the food is amazing, as well as the service. We can depend on everything being above and beyond! Just love this restaurant. My local favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as alwaysWendybirdrDined on 10/17/2014Wonderful as always. Soup is always outstanding. We had the fish and chips, which rivaled what I've had in England! It was amazing!Special Features:
- A great restaurant, exiting foodJchgprVIPDined on 10/16/2014The menu is pretty up and down. The specials is what really makes this a great restaurant. Great wine list and very very good wait staff. Never a bad meal in the special menu. No prices on the specials menu so you find yourself asking several times what's the entire coats. Anoying to not know the prices.Special Features:
- Great find!sk8grossDined on 10/11/2014The food is fantastic. The employees are all so very knowledgeable and helpful. We highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't say enough about the service!pickyDined on 10/3/2014The service, the wine list, and the food were all fantastic. We'll be going back and back.Special Features:
- Tremendous food!!! And Wine!!!WakesurferDined on 10/1/2014We were scheduled to have dinner with another couple and ironically received an Open Table reminder email that morning. I did a quick search for local places as we usually go to mid-priced favorites. Saw the description of Next Wood and looked at their menu and decided that we would make reservations. Whoa! This place is awesome. The wine list was incredible - 2,000 bottles in the dining room display alone. The food was simply amazing. We chose the 'cigar' appetizer, rib eye, pork tenderloin and sea bass. I think all of us would go back and order the same if we were going tonight. I ordered the rib eye (rare) and think that it was the best that I have ever had.Special Features:
- Family is hereBodarfVIPDined on 9/27/2014Started with Hatch Cigars (filo dough wrapped around goat cheese and hatch chillis) then moved to a main courses. Our group each had something different which included Scallops, Cod, duck, halibut and Serrano ham pizzette. Throw in sides of mac and cheese and corn. Topped it off with bread pudding and a salted caramel chocolate cake for the birthday boy. All the food was spectacular and the service was stellar.Special Features:
- Great Lunch Venue!Top10VIPDined on 9/25/2014Love the menu, especially the pear flatbread, and other offerings available here. The prices are lower at lunch for the same offerings that are on the dinner menu. The chef is well know, and her skills show through to the plate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dining outroundthetownerDined on 9/20/2014Well prepared, we'll presented and savory. Professional staff complements a fantastic menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service as alwaysDiane76248VIPDined on 9/13/2014Their wait staff is great and the food is always interesting. Just wish they had a bit of a dress code. I think great food deserves more than jeans and a clean M & M teashirtSpecial Features:
- DisappointedLocaloutonthetownDined on 9/12/2014I have been a fan on Next but no more. Four of us had dinner there on a Friday night. A harried server, misses on four out of five dishes and a astronomical bill made the experience unpleasant. I ordered the Lobster Linguine--exactly the same dish as the it $23 Seafood Linguine except replacing Lobster for scallops. Paid $35 for it--and it wasn't good. Disappointing evening all the way around. We won't be back.
- Definition of ServiceDaveememphisDined on 9/10/2014Deb was expert at all aspects. Well versed in wine, helped make food presentation unique, a real gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HorridEmpowered123456Dined on 8/23/2014Was referred by someone. Disappointed is putting it lightly.Waited 20 minutes for 4 small slices of Italian bread for $1! Really? $16 gnocchi - half of which were under cooked. Some were the consistency of melted cheese. Had roasted peach salad, with chicken. Brought it w/4 slices of chicken breast - 2oz. maximum. When we received the bill, they had charged us $9 for the salad and an extra $16 for the 2 oz. of chicken. Temperature in the main dining area was very cold - the bathroom's were colder. The chairs were very uncomfortable For 4 of us - no alcohol, no app, no dessert, all of us had water - the bill was $76! Overall, it was about as bad a restaurant we've ever been. No exaggeration. We rated this place a 2 on scale of 1-10.Special Features:
- Outstanding!RossDined on 8/22/2014I took a first date to Next and was not disappointed. The food is wonderful, the wait staff was amazing, and the ambiance was pure romance. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- GoGoColleyvilleDined on 8/22/2014It's always special at Next Wood Fired Bistro & Vino Bar; Tom and Ying Aikens invest themselves in this restaurant. It's well worth the time and effort. Go check it out (if you haven't already).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Cedar Plank Salmon!Top10VIPDined on 8/21/2014Can't get over how good this venue is, particularly when it comes to the cedar plank salmon, which is to die for! It comes with veggies, mashed potatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/20/2014Next is always a favorite. Their pastas are delicious and Francois, the waiter is terrific! We will be back!Special Features:
- Great pizzaPizzaandbeerloverDined on 8/8/2014We have eaten at Next several times. I always get the pizza, it is outstanding. They call it pizzette for some reason. The small 9" pizza is a large meal for one man, and the 13" is probably enough for two people. The only problem that I have is the beer selection is terrible. They have Peroni and some other italian beers I never heard of, none of which I care for, but it's all they ever have. They had one American IPA, which I tried and it was awful. If the manager reads this: There are so many great beers in the world, please start stocking a few of them. If I could suggest---Blue Moon, Killian's....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014Priced too high, not served hot, no reason since there was no crowd taste ok
- Planked Salmon Best!Top10VIPDined on 8/1/2014Enjoyed the lunch version of the salmon, and it was fabulous! Cooked on a wooden plank, with veggies and potatoes. The fish was finest cold water and cooked to perfection-will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!BeckyDined on 7/27/2014Our food at brunch was outstanding! Shrinp & Grits some of the best ever. Our only downside was our waiter. He definitely "had an attitude" and seemed to be put out by having to serve us.Special Features:
- The following 308 reviews are from the Next Wood Fired Bistro & Vino Bar reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014They should mention the price of the Specials if they are going to push them! I did not appreciate finding out the fish entre was $42 when my bill arrived! I will not be back!!!!
- Son's Birthday CelebrationTop10VIPDined on 6/21/2014I took a party of 8 to my son's birthday celebration, and was less impressed than on previous visits. Although the food was remained good, the grilled salmon, which is about $10.00 more on the dinner menu, than the lunch menu, was served in exactly the same small portion as it is in the lunch menu. I know because I frequent the establishment for lunch, and always order the salmon. I had only ordered an entree-no appetizer, anticipating it would have been larger, due to the additional cost, and was disappointed. With good reason, as the appetizers are generally expensive, so with a large party, I was trying to conserve-did not work here! I shall return, however, with a smaller party, and enjoy the good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day BrunchpartridgefamDined on 6/15/2014We had a great experience at Next for Father's Day Brunch. Party of six and were seating in nice booth that makes it easy for everyone to converse. Really enjoyed great service and great food. Everything is so fresh. Highly recommend Next.Special Features:
- appreciategoodfoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2014Next is delicious; entrees are interesting,and well described by the staff; lovely setting. so nice to have a unique and local choice in the area. Highly recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- Mother's DayASRRNBSNDined on 5/11/2014We attended for Mother's Day Brunch, it was EXCELLENT!!!!!!Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014From the appetizer to the salad to the entree to the dessert it was so yummy and beautifully plated. First time here and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food!TravellingFoodieDined on 5/6/2014I treated my friend at NEXT for her birthday and we both greatly enjoyed it! Started with the mushroom risotto, which was absolutely incredible! I want some more now! Then had the cedar plank salmon, again a great dish, and I'm quite picky about my salmon. The Penne a la Vodka was also wonderful! I definitely plan to return!!Special Features:
- Yummy FoodLuvFoodandWineDined on 4/26/2014Totally enjoyed our dining experience. Great find so close to home. Wine exceptional. If you love great food and wine as much as we do, you don't need to pay for 5 star "ambience"!! EnjoySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingbeefeaterDined on 4/22/2014Very impressed with the entire evening. Excellent menu choices that you will not find at other chain steak houses. Appetizers were magnificent in their creativity. The main course was outstanding. Wine selection was strong with reasonable pricing. Was very busy the night we were there, but you would never know it by the excellent service from all members. Very personable, friendly, and truly caring. The entire evening was easily $100 less than other so called high end eateries. Absolutely wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReservationswineloverDined on 4/20/2014When I made our reservations, I specifically requested table away from front door & rest rooms to avoid traffic distractions and to stretch out my left foot. To my disappointment, we were seated right in front of the door & within 20 feet of restrooms. Because I was in a compression boot/cast for a broken ankle, we could not wait another 1/2 hour or longer for another table so we took the one in front of the door. The hostess and the manager did apologize. The food, however, was very good: my appetizer was unique, fresh and very tasty; my husband's and our friends tuna salad looked great and they said was delicious. The eggs benedict and hamburger with eggs were very good. Our waitress was friendly, helpful, made our visit pleasant.Special Features:
- Easter brunchcoupleinftworthareaDined on 4/20/2014We'd never been here before, but I'd heard the food was very good. We made an early brunch reservation for Easter. The service was great and the food was terrific! My only complaint might be that most all of the brunch dishes revolved around eggs - not my favorite. The desserts were fantastic, especially the Creme Brulee and bread pudding. Will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So many Choices!CarmompsdDined on 4/19/2014There were so many specials for our family to choose from! They made a great cheese pizza for our three year old granddaughter . Great choice of cocktails and wines too. We all had a great meal and we had three birthday desserts as well! Friendly staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.