Next Wood Fired Bistro & Vino Bar
5003 Colleyville Blvd
Colleyville, TX 76034Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Next Wood Fired Bistro & Vino Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nextwoodfiredbistro.com/
- Phone: 6823254046
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Ying Aikens
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer full-service catering through Y2Kitchen for events of all sizes, styles and desires. We work with our clients to create a specific menu uniquely suited for your event, and we can also arrange for all service and rentals.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining center features a garden-room feel, seating for up to 60 guests including a Chef's table and provides a perfect area for a rehearsal dinner, wine-tasting, art show or special event of your choosing. Our staff will work with you to make your event flow smoothly and be a memorable time for you and your guests.
- Private Party Contact: Ying Aikens 6823254046
A word from Next Wood Fired Bistro & Vino Bar
NEXT Wood Fired Bistro & Vino Bar is a casually elegant place to come and enjoy a wide variety of unique and delicious foods that come from our imported Mugnaini Italian wood burning oven using the finest ingredients and paired with our thoughtfully chosen wine and beer selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Next Wood Fired Bistro & Vino Bar - Best Restaurants in Colleyville ›
Next Wood Fired Bistro & Vino Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (42)fit for foodies (35)notable wine list (29)special occasion (22)great for lunch (16)romantic (14)great for brunch (13)good for groups (9)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- HorridEmpowered123456Dined on 8/23/2014Was referred by someone. Disappointed is putting it lightly.Waited 20 minutes for 4 small slices of Italian bread for $1! Really? $16 gnocchi - half of which were under cooked. Some were the consistency of melted cheese. Had roasted peach salad, with chicken. Brought it w/4 slices of chicken breast - 2oz. maximum. When we received the bill, they had charged us $9 for the salad and an extra $16 for the 2 oz. of chicken. Temperature in the main dining area was very cold - the bathroom's were colder. The chairs were very uncomfortable For 4 of us - no alcohol, no app, no dessert, all of us had water - the bill was $76! Overall, it was about as bad a restaurant we've ever been. No exaggeration. We rated this place a 2 on scale of 1-10.Special Features:
- Outstanding!RossDined on 8/22/2014I took a first date to Next and was not disappointed. The food is wonderful, the wait staff was amazing, and the ambiance was pure romance. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Love the Cedar Plank Salmon!Top10VIPDined on 8/21/2014Can't get over how good this venue is, particularly when it comes to the cedar plank salmon, which is to die for! It comes with veggies, mashed potatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/20/2014Next is always a favorite. Their pastas are delicious and Francois, the waiter is terrific! We will be back!Special Features:
- Great pizzaPizzaandbeerloverDined on 8/8/2014We have eaten at Next several times. I always get the pizza, it is outstanding. They call it pizzette for some reason. The small 9" pizza is a large meal for one man, and the 13" is probably enough for two people. The only problem that I have is the beer selection is terrible. They have Peroni and some other italian beers I never heard of, none of which I care for, but it's all they ever have. They had one American IPA, which I tried and it was awful. If the manager reads this: There are so many great beers in the world, please start stocking a few of them. If I could suggest---Blue Moon, Killian's....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014Priced too high, not served hot, no reason since there was no crowd taste ok
- Planked Salmon Best!Top10VIPDined on 8/1/2014Enjoyed the lunch version of the salmon, and it was fabulous! Cooked on a wooden plank, with veggies and potatoes. The fish was finest cold water and cooked to perfection-will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!BeckyDined on 7/27/2014Our food at brunch was outstanding! Shrinp & Grits some of the best ever. Our only downside was our waiter. He definitely "had an attitude" and seemed to be put out by having to serve us.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014They should mention the price of the Specials if they are going to push them! I did not appreciate finding out the fish entre was $42 when my bill arrived! I will not be back!!!!
- Son's Birthday CelebrationTop10VIPDined on 6/21/2014I took a party of 8 to my son's birthday celebration, and was less impressed than on previous visits. Although the food was remained good, the grilled salmon, which is about $10.00 more on the dinner menu, than the lunch menu, was served in exactly the same small portion as it is in the lunch menu. I know because I frequent the establishment for lunch, and always order the salmon. I had only ordered an entree-no appetizer, anticipating it would have been larger, due to the additional cost, and was disappointed. With good reason, as the appetizers are generally expensive, so with a large party, I was trying to conserve-did not work here! I shall return, however, with a smaller party, and enjoy the good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day BrunchpartridgefamDined on 6/15/2014We had a great experience at Next for Father's Day Brunch. Party of six and were seating in nice booth that makes it easy for everyone to converse. Really enjoyed great service and great food. Everything is so fresh. Highly recommend Next.Special Features:
- appreciategoodfoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2014Next is delicious; entrees are interesting,and well described by the staff; lovely setting. so nice to have a unique and local choice in the area. Highly recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- Mother's DayASRRNBSNDined on 5/11/2014We attended for Mother's Day Brunch, it was EXCELLENT!!!!!!Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014From the appetizer to the salad to the entree to the dessert it was so yummy and beautifully plated. First time here and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food!TravellingFoodieDined on 5/6/2014I treated my friend at NEXT for her birthday and we both greatly enjoyed it! Started with the mushroom risotto, which was absolutely incredible! I want some more now! Then had the cedar plank salmon, again a great dish, and I'm quite picky about my salmon. The Penne a la Vodka was also wonderful! I definitely plan to return!!Special Features:
- The following 301 reviews are from the Next Wood Fired Bistro & Vino Bar reviews archive.
- Yummy FoodLuvFoodandWineDined on 4/26/2014Totally enjoyed our dining experience. Great find so close to home. Wine exceptional. If you love great food and wine as much as we do, you don't need to pay for 5 star "ambience"!! EnjoySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingbeefeaterDined on 4/22/2014Very impressed with the entire evening. Excellent menu choices that you will not find at other chain steak houses. Appetizers were magnificent in their creativity. The main course was outstanding. Wine selection was strong with reasonable pricing. Was very busy the night we were there, but you would never know it by the excellent service from all members. Very personable, friendly, and truly caring. The entire evening was easily $100 less than other so called high end eateries. Absolutely wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReservationswineloverDined on 4/20/2014When I made our reservations, I specifically requested table away from front door & rest rooms to avoid traffic distractions and to stretch out my left foot. To my disappointment, we were seated right in front of the door & within 20 feet of restrooms. Because I was in a compression boot/cast for a broken ankle, we could not wait another 1/2 hour or longer for another table so we took the one in front of the door. The hostess and the manager did apologize. The food, however, was very good: my appetizer was unique, fresh and very tasty; my husband's and our friends tuna salad looked great and they said was delicious. The eggs benedict and hamburger with eggs were very good. Our waitress was friendly, helpful, made our visit pleasant.Special Features:
- Easter brunchcoupleinftworthareaDined on 4/20/2014We'd never been here before, but I'd heard the food was very good. We made an early brunch reservation for Easter. The service was great and the food was terrific! My only complaint might be that most all of the brunch dishes revolved around eggs - not my favorite. The desserts were fantastic, especially the Creme Brulee and bread pudding. Will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So many Choices!CarmompsdDined on 4/19/2014There were so many specials for our family to choose from! They made a great cheese pizza for our three year old granddaughter . Great choice of cocktails and wines too. We all had a great meal and we had three birthday desserts as well! Friendly staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting spacesteakumsDined on 4/12/2014Next looks like an old Taco Bell from the outside but the inside is quaint and homey...nicely decorated. The food is delicious but quite pricey...especially for the portions. It's European so I guess...eat like the French...but I'm not sure about the price comparison. I would definately go back, but I can only afford to go for special occasions. The menu is varied and the Daily Chef Specials all sounded great! I ended up with a 6 oz filet that was cooked just right and delicious (though it appeared quite small) with a small scoop of garlic potatoes that were also yummy (but I could have eaten more). The salads were good but way over priced...8.50 on a small plate. Service was good. Everyone was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first visitluvtoeatDined on 4/12/2014I saw the article on this restaurant in a local magazine recently and decided to try it. The service was stellar and the food and wine delicious. My only complaint is that the extensive specials menu did not have prices listed nor did the server quote any prices. The regular menu was very reasonable for the quality of food, but we ordered from the specials menu and for 3 of us with tip it was about $247. I don't mind that for special occasions, but it was a little expensive for a Saturday night after church dinner with my husband and son.Special Features:
- Good food, but...MediumDined on 4/11/2014Very rushed. We were asked to order 4 times. We explained that we just wanted to relax and the waiter said, well - place your order and I'll put it in when you're ready. We agreed and in minutes the food started coming out. The waiter told the staff, oh wait, they didn't want this out so quickly, Oh well and put it in front of us. Extremely expensive for what you get. My wife and I spent $165. We won't be back.
- Wine List Best in DFWTop10VIPDined on 4/7/2014This little restaurant not only has great food, but the very best wine list! It is immune from the pressures of larger concerns and can order anything they want. They offer the latest Orris Swift (Palermo) and great offerings from the little known but much admired Mi Sueno vineyard in Napa. Good job! I will come here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alawys GoodMillerVIPDined on 4/5/2014We live about 5 minutes away from this place and are grateful we have found such a good restaurant so close to our house. When been here about 20 times. Great food, great service, great location. Try it. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice dinnerRichardVIPDined on 4/4/2014our visit to Next Fired Bistro was excellent. Our waiter, Francios, was great.....French accent and all. He made a great wine recommendation that my wife wanted to find again. Food and ambiance was great out in the I guess what used to be a porch. Quiet. Will go again.Special Features:
- Dazed and DelightedMariHaraDined on 3/29/2014OMG. This was lovely! A girlfriend and I were trying to find a change-of-pace place for a later in the evening dinner, in some place between our two homes (Keller and Flower Mound). We'd seen this place and checked out the online reviews and it did not disappoint. Lovely and distinct wine list (though not many choices by the glass). We split the calamari appetizer, and ate every last crumb - it came with a marinara sauce and with some other fabulous something that was a paste texture barbecue-y/chipotle-y awesome. We split a large pizette - candied fig w pecans, serrano ham, goat cheese. Beyond fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchGoGoColleyvilleDined on 3/24/2014We were seated quickly, served superbly - and the food, as usual, was great. Can't beat Next.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful againYahooDined on 3/22/2014We had been to Next a couple of times in the past but not recently. We asked ourselves why after this most recent trip. This place deserves a visit often as the food is excellent. I had a salad that was fresh, crisp with slices of Asian pear and just the right amount of light dressing to compliment the greens and not cover up. Lobster and shrimp potstickers were a great choice for a starter. Just right for our party to share. The stuffed shrimp was a special for the night as was the mushroom risotto and both were exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentGuest12345Dined on 3/21/2014Very good food. Quiet atmosphere (though I was there for an early dinner). I am not much of a wine connoisseur, but the wine list is very impressive. Prices are "above average", but not unreasonable. Great for a date-night or special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inconsistent with potentialCaddymanDined on 3/7/2014The first time I was at Next, the service was perfect, food was excellent and the ambiance relaxed and calm. This visit, however, was none of the above. The waiter was hurried and frazzled, our water glasses were filled after every sip (that drives me crazy) yet drinks took 20 minutes to arrive, the food was good but not great, and the noise level was too high to hear my companions. The dishes were okay but tough lamb and tiny portions just don't cut it at this price point. It's also a bit much to have a regular menu with a full page of chef specials and then 8-10 oral specials that the waiter has to read off his list. I will go back for a third try - hopefully this visit was just an off night.Special Features:
- If you are looking for a casualJenn89Dined on 3/1/2014If you are looking for a casual date night or a night out with good friends and want to enjoy great food and wine this is the place. The service was excellent!! The menu has great offerings. The atmosphere allows you to have great conversation - it's not too loud or too quiet. My only negative is dessert could be better - disappointed they did not offer cannoli's and other traditional Italian desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!AJ1800Dined on 3/1/2014We loved it and will be back. Fairly near our home and great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st TimerstbeatDined on 2/28/2014I would suggest the waiter should ask if you would like a tour of the resturant if this is your first visit. maybe even meet Ying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always Good!Top10VIPDined on 2/27/2014The consistency here is a plus, along with occasional new additions such as the new pasta dish, which is very light, and refreshing! We will definitely be back here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood spotDonPDined on 2/22/2014Next is close home and easy to get too. The bartender annoys me some, but the flatbread is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WHAT A MESS- NEVER AGAIN!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/21/2014We ate here 3 months ago. Service was terrible, very slow. But the food was good. We thought we would give it another try. What a huge mistake. Nothing has changed in 3 months. Service is still terrible. Service is very unorganized. Servers and bartender did not seem to know what was going on. (Poorly trained?) Took forever to get out drink order in, then server/bartender made the wrong drinks. (This happened twice!) Apps and salads came out together? Then the apps were cold. When we finally got our main course, 1 1/2 hours later, that also came out wrong! We did talk to the owner and she told us that there were other places for us to go eat!!! I would take the owners advice, and find somewhere else to eat! I know that we will not be back.
- The Cedar Plank Salmon is the Best!Top10VIPDined on 2/20/2014This venue is so quaint, but don't let that fool you! The food is simply 5 star in anyone's book. Try the Cedar Plank Salmon for some of the best, cold water salmon ever laid in front of your palate, which is cooked to perfection, and served with potatoes and veggies. If you want an appetizer, I highly recommend the pear pizza-delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoy our visits heretcuryankwilsonDined on 2/15/2014Always enjoy our visits here - true neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceChas25Dined on 2/14/2014Deb is a great asset to Next her commitment to excellent customer service and knowledge of the wine list is second to none. I have recommended Next to several friends and co-workers. I would highly recommend Next for anything from a quiet dinner to a great place to meet friends or have a business meeting.Special Features: