Next Door - NYC
811 west 187th Street
New York, NY 10033Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
Next Door - NYC
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.107west.com/
- Phone: 2125432111
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 3:30pm
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Mexican / Southwestern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Next Door - NYC
East meets Southwest. Combining two kitchens under one roof, Next Door provides a dinning experience that will please everyone. Choose from sushi or tex-mex and southern favorites. Or have a little of both. It's all up to you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Next Door - NYC reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (2)good for groups (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- solid neighborhood restaurantjenynyVIPDined on 9/21/2014There are not a lot of great places to eat above West 181st street, but this a good one. The brunch menu covered all bases; my eggs benedict with salmon were cooked well, and my friend loved the chicken and waffles, which is a great thing to see on a menu. The juice was fresh squeezed and the coffee was good. I wondered, though, why the eggs did not come with toast; there were potatoes on the plate but toast would have been nice. The service is never top notch here, but every one is nice and trying their best. This place does not pretend to be more than a reliable neighborhood spot for a meal or a drink, and it is a welcomed place in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 6 reviews are from the Next Door - NYC reviews archive.
- Service severely lacking; OK foodSFDougVIPDined on 8/26/2013Places like this frustrate me, and I honestly don't understand how they stay in business. I've dined here many times over the past 2 1/2 years since moving into the neighborhood, and one thing has been consistent: absolutely dreadful service. On this most recent visit, I don't think the busser and the server (yes, only one server on the floor!) ever talked to each other. That is about the only thing that might explain our food being served to the wrong table, or the entree orders hopelessly wrong. No visible sign of management. Nobody ever checking back to make sure things were right. Despite all this, the food's reasonably good - both the American-style menu items and the sushi, which is probably the closest to decent sushi in the 'hood.
- This is an excellent localDGNYDined on 7/3/2013This is an excellent local restaurant. We have enjoyed it often in the last five years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is the second time IOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/25/2013This is the second time I have dined here recently. The first time was for brunch and the second time was for lunch. Both times the food was okay, but nothing great. It seems like the menu is a bit limited and certain things like the mashed potatoes seemed like a reheated mess. Even though I suspect that they were fresh, they were mushy and a bit watery and resembled boxed mashed potatoes. The turkey burger was okay, but could have been seasoned better. It would have been more appealing if it was served with a nicer selection of lettuce,tomato and some fresh onion. My main reason for going was because the location was convenient right in my neighborhood and because I got credit on OpenTable by eating there. I'd pass next time.Special Features:
- Pass on those mini-muffinsOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/16/2013After we sat down water and mini-muffins were brought to the table. They were really pretty bad, being relatively stale,bland and similar to what on would buy in a clear plastic carton at the supermarket. Maybe if they were warmed up and served with some butter that they might have been more edible. I took a bite and decided that it was a complete waste of calories. Fortunately the main dishes were just fine.Special Features:
- When we got there and toldOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/3/2012When we got there and told waiter that we made a reservation online. The waiter totally were not aware of it. There were only 2 waiters for the whole night, we waited for more than 20 minutes to order our drinks. It was another 20-30 minutes to order appertizers. What a nightmare?! So at the end we decided to order everything together in order to save time. We did not want to starve to death! At the end for check, the computer can not work and print our receipt. The only reason I booked with this place because it is on the open-table website. Next time I rather to call for making reservation!!
- Great AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/6/2012The service was really good. Been there twice already and both experiences were great. The food is delicious and have many variety. If you dont know what to get, the waiters very politely make really good suggestions.Special Features: