Newport Seafood Grill - Salem
1717 Freeway Ct. N.E.
Salem, OR 97303Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Newport Seafood Grill - Salem
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.newportseafoodgrill.com/
- Phone: 5033157100x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Adam Weeden
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Can seat up to 40 people. No room charge and can order off the menu.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Mong 5033157100x
A word from Newport Seafood Grill - Salem
We offer fresh northwest seafood and choice steak selections. Also seasonal salads, pastas, sandwiches, and chicken dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Newport Seafood Grill - Salem - Best Restaurants in Salem ›
Newport Seafood Grill - Salem reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (5)great for lunch (5)good for groups (5)neighborhood gem (5)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)fit for foodies (1)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)romantic (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Enter your phone number hereSaffi2050VIPDined on 10/19/2014GOOD FOOD AND GOOD ATMOSPHERE! A large selection of menu items - a really nice place!Special Features:
- Very Flavorful FoodMiloVIPDined on 10/4/2014We arrived a little late for our reservation and they confirmed our Open Table reservation and seated us promptly. We ordered the steelhead sandwich and the fish tacos and both were delicious. The potato buns are really special. We have eaten at this location previously and the quality has been great every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 35 reviews are from the Newport Seafood Grill - Salem reviews archive.
- The off-site manager blew itlocalVIPDined on 6/25/2014Everything was very good, and the halibut was perfect. This is a basic seafood menu, and you get what you should excpect. Not elegant, but very well done. An excellent, full menu seafood restaurant out to carry more tha a sinle offering of sauvigon blanc. For many seafood lovers, it is the best match. One California SB is just inadequate. One MAJOR problem: I used my Open Table reward check and it was refused! An Open Table restaurant that won't honor Open Table payment?? The manager explained that his (off-site) manager had one refused. The off-site manager must not know how to ue them, and he should find out! When I said it's OK, I just won't come back, I was given a $20 deduction. That was not the point, but I will be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet booths, great saladsDipetersDined on 5/13/2014Quiet booths, great salads. Only visited once while on the road. Would go back.Special Features:
- Larger people need not applyDF89Dined on 5/10/2014All booths! Asked for a table the host told us they were reserved, we had reservations. Nothing was offered it was that or nothing, which in our opinion is not good business. So we left and tried to go somewhere else, but as it was, it was Mothers Day and this was the only reservation we had, we went back to our hotel and got take out! Pretty messed up Mother's Day dinner. We picked this resturant because we were out of town, it was close to our hotel and the menu looked good. Very disappointed. Open Table needs to have a spot where you can request a table over a booth.
- Comfortable dining/bedroom slippersSamNanDined on 5/1/2014There is nothing we like better than exchanging our shoes in the evening for our comfortable slippers. The same goes for the dining experience at Newport Grill...It feels like an extension of our home including the food preparation and presentation. Never a disappointment.
- Pleasant dining experience.Foodie62Dined on 4/20/2014Nice Easter brunch. I hoped for an extensive buffet, but was offered the regular breakfast or lunch menu plus a table of assorted fruits, pastries, and desserts. Menu entrees were delicious. I liked the bottomless champagne for $5. Our server was very pleasant, but not very attentive. I would dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing stands outAverageDined on 4/18/2014Mediocre food first time was great second time mediocre
- tucked away heavenDuckyDined on 4/4/2014I often try to go to places I have never been, eat foods I have never eaten. When I found this place, it rightfully so fit that bill. The food was very good with great presentation. It wasn't loud, and kind of peaceful. The food was priced expectedly so. I would eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dining spotmineDined on 3/25/2014food is always fantastic. Cooked to perfection, great presentation and nice selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome SteelheadOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/28/2014Loved the Steelhead, cooked and seasoned just right. Good portion for the price. Great right off the freeway location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long wait...Sammyk904Dined on 2/14/2014I had a reservation and they still made me wait an hour. Food wasn't that great felt like they rushed it. Overall not a good experience for what I paid for.
- outstanding salmon oscarOftenGuestVIPDined on 2/14/2014The salmon oscar was wonderful! It was supposed to come with green beans, but I got it with steam spinach. Those tiny spinach leaves were outstanding! The little tiny roasted potatoes were very tasty.Special Features:
- Always a pleasure-Never a disappoinSamNanDined on 1/9/2014We dine out frequently and when we do not want any surprises that may interfere with our dining experience we always return to Newport Grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant was not thatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013The restaurant was not that busy the night we were there, but our service was just fair. There were 8 of us. I ordered an oyster shooter, but never got it. However, I have been there for Brunch and the service was much better. Overall, it is a good restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always just rightJudybeyDined on 12/24/2013Newport is always a good place to go for any ocassion. Food is always fresh and delicious and the service is excellent.Special Features:
- surly waitress, bad oystersOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/11/2013We are not locals, and probably were expecting too much. I ordered oysters on the half-shell. The first one was fine, but the rest were completely filled with fine sand, of which I got a full mouthful. When I complained to the waitress, her only solution was to offer to bring the same thing again. I tried to tell her that they hadn't been cleaned properly, and that there was no point in bringing another plate. She brought the next course and then walked by and said, "And what's the wrong with this?" as her way of asking how the food was. I finally talked to the manager, but won't be returning. The manager said that they buy their oysters "pre-cleaned."
- Meeting of Trust membersRussDined on 9/24/2013Location was chosen due to previous experiences here. Out of town members found the location convenient near the freeway. Menu selections are varied and the quality of the dishes very good. Service is always friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Love Newport Seafood GrillSueBDined on 9/21/2013Whenever we are traveling in the Washington/Oregon area, we make a stop at one of the many locations for the Newport Seafood Grill. Their food is moderately priced, everything is clean, and the staff is friendly. Their menu has plenty of variety and the food is consistenly good.Special Features:
- The restaurant is right besidemilouDined on 9/20/2013The restaurant is right beside the comfort inn , so its easy to just walk over have diner and go back to the hotel without worrying about taxi or driving . The food was amazing ,fish done to perfection .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent seafood place in SalemAndyDined on 8/31/2013We had a group of 6, had no trouble getting a table and thought the seafood was good.Special Features:
- Good Food, Good ServicecrankyoldguyVIPDined on 8/27/2013There were three of us. Each had different entree. All was well prepared. Service was good. It was quiet enough to talk without raising our voices. Got an 10% discount on total bill (including drinks) for showing our hotel room key. We get to Salem once or twice a year, and will definitely go back to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had never had Sole before,OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/23/2013I had never had Sole before, it was very good. I'm sure I'll have it again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- family get together a success!famof20Dined on 8/18/2013We had a large table for 20 in a back room, and the service was great- food was great! Everyone had a good time and we will be back! Thanks!Special Features:
- The fresh fish selectionsKittyDined on 6/16/2013The fresh fish selections were great. Service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The combination of clean premises,OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/26/2013The combination of clean premises, efficient and friendly staff, and good food has enticed us to drive across town several times in recent weeks. This time we took visitors from Texas. The two women chose prawns, and the men chose fish and chips, one pollock and one halibut. We all were very pleased and consumed all of our meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Newport Seafood Grill outstandingNoahslowahDined on 5/12/2013We had a wonderful Mother's Day Brunch at Newport Seafood Grill. The choice of brunch items was inspired; the buffet table was constantly being refreshed, and the service was wonderful. In spite of the crowd, service was seamless. Our waitress was just great, meeting the needs of our three generation group with very warm and efficient service. I would recommend this restaurant at any time, but especially at Sunday brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cooking up excllenceGoodvittlesDined on 5/12/2013For Mother's Day, I decided upon Newport Seafood Grill. The brunch menu was full of options and my order was delicious, with the complementary buffet table stocked with fruits, pastries, and snacks! The server's delivery was spot on, and she extended a nice rapport for my mother and I to feel welcome. Newport Seafood grill continues to deliver excellence on every occasion, and I was very pleased that I had chosen this for Mother's Day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took mom here for mother'swenashDined on 5/11/2013Took mom here for mother's day lunch as was hoping to find a decent place in Salem we could go as our last trip to McGrath's Fish House was TERRIBLE, especially considering the expensive prices. We found NEWPORT GRILL to be GREAT! Everyone enjoyed their meal, and mom wants to come back for sure. She and her sister had wondered how it was after the name change but never went, and now she's excited to have a good place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All three diners were pleasedOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/14/2013All three diners were pleased with items from both the menu and the buffet. One ordered Eggs Benedict, and another ordered crab cakes and took one home with her. We also visited Newport Seafood Grill about three weeks ago, all having fish and chips and agreeing that the dish is excellent. We appreciate the booths, which provide greater privacy and buffer voices more efficiently than those in many other restaurants.Special Features:
- Not your traditional brunch...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/13/2013Brunch was okay....too many sweets on the buffet table and very few traditional brunch items. While the food offered was good, we will look else where for our next brunch.Special Features:
- Always have enjoyed our visitsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/24/2012Always have enjoyed our visits to Newport Seafood Grill! The prices are right, the food is consistently good and they surprised us with two $10.00 gift certificates at the end of our meal!Special Features:
- Meal took a little more timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2012Meal took a little more time than what was expected but they were quite busy with several larger groups.....Overall....We had an excellant time!Special Features:
- Enjoyed the food and the resturant.JackDined on 12/9/2012Enjoyed the food and the resturant. Wil o there again.Special Features:
- NOT RECOMMEDED TO EAT HERE!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012this was our first time eating here, and it was a terrible experience... we ended up having 12 in our party, and getting an answer as to what came with each dish we oredered was to say the least very rude and questionably uninformed, next the oreders where taken in a clockwise motion around the table , but when the food was served it was mass coas on the servers part as to which plate went where, next the manner in which the food was cooked ( rare, med, well done) was a total mess, our first round of drinks was brought prior to oredeing food, and with the exception of water being brought around, no further drink refills were ever offered, our server only came by our table 1 time after serving us,
- Mediocre service, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2012Service was mediocre. I had to ask three times for a refill of iced tea, and by the time they brought it I had finished my dinner. When we arrived, we waited 4 minutes for anyone to come to the front and greet us. The bartender and one server looked directly at us but didn't even acknowledge our existence. The food was done wrong the first time, but they quickly made it right. Food was good so I'll give them another chance, but the service will definitely need to step up a notch!
- The service was very good,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/23/2012The service was very good, I appreciated the placement of my dinner party. Through an online reservation I asked for a private are for a business setting quiet enough to hear conversation. Food was great. The only suggestion would be to provide a patron with more fresh vegetables or salads this time of year. Seafood was cooked perfectly. I could tell we were the only reservation, I didn't need to say who I was before the greeter said the table was ready. Just a thought if I were a guy with a date...even fake it looking up my name just for the appearance of having a reservation being important, don't come out and indirectly say ''you're the only person that made a reservation''. The chair I was sitting on had some sticky gunk on it.Special Features: