Newport Seafood Grill - Lloyd Center
1200 NE Broadway
Portland, OR 97232Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Newport Seafood Grill - Lloyd Center
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.newportseafoodgrill.com/
- Phone: 5034930100x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chris Hunt
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Newport Seafood Grill - Lloyd Center
Portland's longtime neighborhood seafood restaurant where you can enjoy your favorite fresh seafood, delicious steaks, gourmet burgers, specialty pastas, and many more flavorful offerings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Newport Seafood Grill - Lloyd Center reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (4)great for lunch (3)late-night find (2)fit for foodies (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)special occasion (1)neighborhood gem (1)romantic (1)Show More
- great for a noon meetingladiesthatlunchDined on 7/22/2014We had a meeting of 6 people to plan an event. The service was great and friendly and we were not rushed. The food arrived quickly and was better than average for a lunch. When we realized we had been at the table for 2 hours and had other things to get to the checks were delivered quickly, process quickly even though we had separate checks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Newport Seafood GrillnremingtonDined on 7/18/2014Our waiter, Mark, was simply outstanding. It was a birthday dinner, and he remembered, and we were able to have a free dessert. I really like this restaurant, Newport Seafood Grill [Lloyd Center Portland Oregon.] I had the Crab & Shrimp Stuffed Fresh Steelhead. Brian had the special, an Oregon Sole. He loved it. And he's hard to please....I should know!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- curvychickDined on 6/15/2014Great food! We had a group of 7 and our server was personable, but was somewhat forgetful with refilling soft drinks and lemonade glasses and bringing an appetizer at the end of the meal. She seemed distracted. She had too many tables to serve perhaps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the foodGregVIPDined on 6/2/2014Solid restaurant with good food and good service.
- The following 58 reviews are from the Newport Seafood Grill - Lloyd Center reviews archive.
- Newport Seafood GrillfunkysideDined on 6/1/2014Took my girlfriend out for her birthday...joined by my daughter and her boyfriend. The food was excellent and the server was gracious and friendly...although she and my daughter could not figure out where they had met previously. A pleasant evening.Special Features:
- TualatindinerDined on 5/30/2014Good place for casual dining with predictable food and service. Good but not a 'home run'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day1not2bpickyDined on 5/11/2014Brought my wife and kids here for lunch. Service was excellent! Food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ho-HumBride2BDined on 4/18/2014I wasn't impressed with Newport Seafood Grill. The service was alright. The server herself was friendly but the hostess seemed over her job. The food wasn't great either. I had the shrimp and crab cakes, which came out greasy with a mystery sauce smothered over 2 giant cakes and the filling inside just tasted like an artichoke crab dip. The green beans were very good though! My fiancé had seafood linguini which wasn't too bad. The shrimp was cooked well and he enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Good food, location and parkingRockyDined on 4/10/2014I have been taking a group to lunch here annually for several years. The food is consistent and there's a nice variety. The restaurant is conveniently located and there is parking. In addition, I lunch there once or twice a month with a friend. I will continue to do so, and our group will go there next year most likely. Although everyone enjoyed their meals, the service wasn't as good as usual.Special Features:
- We had a great time togetherDentalTeamDined on 4/3/2014We were meeting together as a team during a continuing education conference. We had a great meal and were able to share what we had learned with each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special find in PortlandCarolb215Dined on 4/1/2014My first time to Portland and this seafood restaurant showed us excellent service. Out off 7 of us, 4 found the halibut delicious. Fish and chips was another enjoyed dinner, calamari was crispy for the appetizer. AND dessert was the mulberry tart for all of us with melting ice cream. YUM!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedDineOutDined on 3/28/2014I was not impressed. The food was okay - the green beans still had the ends (including the stem) on them, the clams were nicely cooked. The service was awful. We had to wait 10 minutes before we were even acknowledged at the table and then the waitress said she would be right back and then we waited another 10 minutes before someone (other than our waitress) even asked us if we wanted something to drink and brought us water. The food delivery was slow - we waited 25 minutes before we even got after we ordered it. And the list goes on but I am running out of characters. Do not recommend this restaurant unless you want to spend at least a couple of hours getting dinner.
- Good food, bad serviceTinkDined on 3/26/2014Our server took almost 10 minutes before she even acknowledged we were there. Food was great, but took almost an hour to get and the restaurant didn't appear to be that busy. My friend had to ask multiple times for a refill of her water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good seafoodPortland1Dined on 3/24/2014We had a very nice meal. Big place so no issues getting a table. We had a friendly waitress and got prompt service. Seafood was very good. Molten chocolate cake was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good location and good foodLocalguyDined on 3/24/2014We hadn't eaten at Newport Seafood in quite a while, and were pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food. My Halibut was fresh, firm, and tasted great with no fishy after taste. The staff was helpful but not hovering. The prices were reasonable, and the selection was adequate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT EXPERIENCEmollykDined on 3/15/2014We ate in the bar. The service was super and the food was cooked exactly as ordered, plentiful, and delicious. We couldn't have asked for a better experience.Special Features:
- Always consistentstevemarseattleVIPDined on 3/11/2014I regularily visit Newport Bay when I am in town on business. Food and service is always good and prices are reasonable.
- Last minute dinnerPollyDined on 2/25/2014Thanks for having online/convenient reservations....able to make reservations while on the phone making arrangements for transporting everyone to meet for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sons birthdayFamilyfiveDined on 2/15/2014My husband and I selected Newport Seafood Grill to take our son to for a birthday dinner because of the guarantee of steamer clams, my sons favorite. The hostess who received our online reservation set aside an order of clams for him because she noticed that they were running low. The restaurant was completely out of Steamers when we arrived for our Saturday night reservation - but due to the hostesses great customer service my son was able to eat his clams. Over the top great service by the hostess! Otherwise, our server was so-so (never refilled my coffee without being asked), food quality was good, ambiance was noisy-family friendly, very causal restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aged n turn down the heat.surveys2longDined on 2/14/2014Our server was really the best part of our time there. My steak was cooked perfect on the inside, but burnt on the outside. Think its time for some updating inside the restaurant, and maybe a little privacy between the tables would have made it a little romantic. Don't see us going back with the restaurant as it is.
- I was excited to be able toPTTTDined on 1/11/2014I was excited to be able to order a Brandy Old-Fashioned. I am unable to find very many restaurants that know how to make them in the Northwest, let alone make one as good as the one I had. I would go back just for another one of those. Plus, the Cod that I had was absolutely delicious.Special Features:
- Food was very good and theShirleyDined on 1/1/2014Food was very good and the price was outstanding. Excellent service.
- Service DisappointmentlabordaveDined on 12/18/2013Service was not visable. Took my office staff for our annual christmas lunch. I have been there in the past and have always been well taken care of. Of course, when I take my staff there the service was horrible. Our waiter was not to be found once we placed our orders. The resturant was busy when we arrived but cleared out quickly. No reason I found for the lack of service that we recived. Thus the 10% tip we left !
- Change of PlansOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/7/2013At the last minute,a few people from our party couldn't come to dinner and the staff was more than will to change our reservations. Our waiter was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quarterly LunchGreggDined on 12/5/2013Group of nine had a great lunch with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family PlaceTheCarseysDined on 11/26/2013Great place to relive old times with the ones you love.Three generations meeting for dinner and we all had a meal we will rave about later. Thank you .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and comfortableDinermaxVIPDined on 11/14/2013This is a good place for eating with a variety of items at a reasonable price. The staff was attentive enough without being too pushy. THe service from the kitchens was accurate and well presented. The hosting staff were especially and appropriately friendly.Special Features:
- OK...but not great.JasonGVIPDined on 11/2/2013The name says "Seafood Grill" - which seems to be misleading. There were only 4 items on the menu that had grilled seafood. Here is my summary - Limited seafood on menu. - The restaurant was half empty, but the service was still slow. Waited 10 minutes to order drinks. - I had to wash my hands after touching the menu - yuck! - Vegetables were cool(must have been waiting for the fish.) + Very good Crab-stuffed Steelhead Overall, I can't recommend you go out of your way to eat here. I may give it another chance if I'm in the neighborhood.
- First timemelaDined on 10/26/2013This was our first time dining at Newport Seafood Grill.. My Mom is currently under treatment for advanced cancer. The table that was reserved for us had hard chairs that would have hurt her back. They immediately moved us to a spacious, more comfortable booth. My Mom's sense of taste has changed drastictly and it is hard for her to find things that taste good. It made me so happy when she said that her meal was delicious! In fact, all of the food was prepared and seasoned perfectly. We really enjoyed our experience there and will most certainly return! Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOOD AND SERVICEmollykDined on 10/26/2013My experience at Newport Seafood Grill was excellent. I had the half crab sandwich with salad and added a cup of tomato basil soup. It was excellent. We ate in the bar and had excellent service. I will be back.Special Features:
- Lack lusterCoreydeeDined on 10/21/2013Our server was pleasant, however wait time for even ordering food was horrible. We were seated. W/in 15 minutes drink orders were taken. "Can we order appetizers now"? Response from server, "no wait until we return with your drinks, then I'll take your food orders". 25 minutes later drinks showed up. 10 minuts after drinks showing up our order was taken for dinner and appetizers. Appetizer showed up, 5 minutes later dinner showed up. We were entertaining hungry out of town guests, they were dissapointed. So much for the portland food scene.Special Features:
- Share Recipes?DaveyDined on 10/18/2013The customer service was at a very high level. We were a party of four, and each of us were impressed with the quality of food, from the appetizers on through the main entrees. Nothing disappointed. If we had a complaint, it would be that the noise level was quite high, but overall, we were very pleased with the service and the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant ExperienceCarolynDined on 9/16/2013I was attending a lunch meeting there and the environment was very nice, minimal noise and the food was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Erratic ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2013The service was erratic seeing 3 or 4 different service people during our visit. We ordered 2 extra glasses of wine to one of the servers (who we did not see again) and were charged for it even though it never arrived. The final waitress was very nice and adjusted the bill.
- Looks like something has changedMascDined on 7/20/2013Looks like something has changed recently at this restaurant. The food has always been pretty good, the service better than average but neither would spur me to write a review. Saturday evening 7/20 the Crab Stuff Steelhead & Seafood Cobb Salad were outstanding and service was very good. Excellent meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A group gather satisfactionMcruz04Dined on 6/21/2013Got ten people together for a lunch after graduation and the staff was great and was expecting our arrival. There was no wait and was offered a drink right away while we wait for the rest of our people. The food was also delicious and fresh. Would definitely come here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening of diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2013Our dining experience was enhanced by the wonderful atmosphere, the tasty food, and the excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had been there for a HappyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/23/2013Had been there for a Happy Hour prior, and it was jumping! Took associates there for dinner and although staff was friendly, it was nearly empty, and the overall restaurant was average at best. Didn't really live up to the reputation and the expectation....
- Pleasantly surprised. ReasonableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2013Pleasantly surprised. Reasonable prices, friendly staff and good food/drinks.Special Features:
- Great service, but I wouldOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2013Great service, but I would describe the meals and the overall experience as, "murky".Special Features: