2196 Harbor Blvd
Costa Mesa, CA 92627Neighborhood:
BarbecuePrice: $30 and under
Newport Rib Company
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ribcompany.com/
- Phone: 9496312110
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Saturday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Salvatore Gonzales
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: From 25 to 2500, we do full-service catering with bartenders, on-site grills, rentals and entertainment. Weddings, company events, and tail-gate parties are just the tip of the iceberg to what we do. Call us or visit our website for all the details.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private banquet room seats up to 80 guests and is perfect for rehersal dinners, company lunches or dinners, birthday's, anniversaries, or any reason to gather with good food and good people.
- Private Party Contact: John Ursini 9496312110
- Entertainment: Tableside magician :Sundays: 5:00pm - 8:00pm
Try the onion brick or the grilled artichoke for appetizers, the BBQ’d chopped tri-tip or chicken salad is a health conscious favorite, but the meat is center stage at this one of a kind Costa Mesa institution.
Take-out, catering from 25 to 2500 guests, a banquet room which seats 80, large comfortable booths, and an environment that caters to our guests no matter if regulars or soon to be’s.
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelEnergetic
- Good baby back ribsPenguinsueDined on 10/5/2014The baby back ribs were excellent. Very tender, fall-off-the-bone, and a great sauce. The Cobb salad was okay - their blue cheese dressing is a little watery. But they brought me extra fresh blue cheese crumbles, and that worked. The accompanying food was average. And the overall price was high. My husband wanted ribs for his birthday dinner and they certainly satisfied that wish!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, Good ServiceSwanwallDined on 9/14/2014A little pricey but always constant. Granddaughter loved the magician.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A solid favorite for BBQ949RealtorDined on 9/3/2014GREAT family restaurant! My family has been going to Newport Rib Co and picking up take-out since I was a kid. This family owned establishment has been a pillar in our community with it's support of charities and especially youth sports. So, the next time you want to patronize a restaurant with a strong give-back-to-the-community ethic AND exceptional food and service, think Newport Rib Company.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RibsRobin710Dined on 8/29/2014Usually we enjoy our food at NRC, although this time my husbands prime was over cooked. When he complained the manager said the cook had overcooked the whole roast. Server should have been made aware of that, so customer could have adjusted his menu selection accordingly. It was VERY disappointing to be served overcooked prime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyable.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014We have dined at Newport Rib many times and it always a pleasure. It has become the place to be when relatives from Alaska visit.Special Features:
- Great RibsLisaVIPDined on 8/15/2014We have never had a bad meal here or anywhere that they have catered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousGigiDined on 8/2/2014The food and service was great! We enjoyed the atmosphere and decor. We will recommend.Special Features:
- Good food and friendly serviceSwanwallDined on 8/1/2014Food was great, service was great. Were seated within minutes of arrival by using Open Table. A little pricey, but used some of our Newport Rib points to pay for our meal for four.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocredisappointedDined on 7/31/2014The food was so so. I expected better. The cornbread was dry and hard to cut. The corn was pretty tastless and boiled to death. Coleslaw not so good. The ribs were the only thing I liked. Good sauce good flavor. Not a quiet place for a romantic dinner. Its a sports bar. Lots of loud conversation.Special Features:
- Awesome ribsAlanDined on 7/17/2014The St. Louis and Baby Back ribs are great and the meat falls right off the bone and the choices of BBQ sauce are great. This is a dining experience where you can expect to get your face full of sauce and it is expected. There is no 'neat' way to eat ribs so just enjoy them. The side of corn on the cob helps clean your face. If you're hungry, go for the full rack. If you don't finish, you can always heat them up in the microwave when you get home. It's too bad there isn't a location here in the NJ area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!GrneyyzDined on 7/9/2014Love this place, always have a great time and good food!Special Features:
- Ribs & Onion Ringsfred1VIPDined on 7/6/2014Great ribs, great onion rings. What else do you need?Special Features:
- The following 65 reviews are from the Newport Rib Company reviews archive.
- Great for FamiliesDoctorHeelDined on 6/15/2014Service was excellent; we went on Father's Day and had reservations. They were prompt, very attentive to our group of 9. Food was delicious - loved the ribs, prime rib, and the sides. Only complaints - one guest thought the NY Strip was too tough. Will go back and make it a Newport tradition.Special Features:
- Best ribs everRobin710Dined on 6/13/2014These are the best and consistently the best ribs! Great service by Robert.Special Features:
- Great evening!SwanwallDined on 5/18/2014Our nine-year old grandson picked Newport Rib Co. for his birthday dinner. Booked our reservation on OpenTable the same evening and were seated within five minutes. Love the new remodel. Food was great! The kids really enjoyed the magician!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had the senior specialpattyaDined on 5/18/2014My husband had the ribs and we said they were okay!Special Features:
- awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014We loved the food. Plenty of TV s ... perfect for a family get together. .....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you love ribs . . .foodmavenDined on 5/10/2014Dined here for a pre-Mother's Day treat. The ribs are among the best in Southern California and I've also had the prime rib on other occasions. It's good too.Portions are huge! This restaurant appears to be a hangout for sports fans, who watch the big screen TV and cheer on their team. It's also great for kids since it has the kind of food that they enjoy. It can be a bit noisy, but not so much as to spoil the meal. For good, solid, comfort food it's a great choice!Special Features:
- Best Food AroundFamFunDined on 4/20/2014Our family went to Newport Rib Co for Easter Dinner. I made reservations and when we arrived we were seated immediatly. The aroma was divine. Of course we had Pork Ribs, Chicken and a great variety of sides. I will for sure recommend this restaurant to everyone. Our waitress was so energenic and friendly. Love it !Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014Large portions, great ribs, good for families and groups . Enjoyed our night out!would come back for sure.Special Features:
- Great food, OK service..Jpreciado001Dined on 3/31/2014Awesome food. The bar tender could have a better personality to make the visit that much better. The Ribs were so delicious and the sliders were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sosotreemoverDined on 3/19/2014Exspected better food. I had the tri tip it was a little to chewy. My wife said the ribs were dry. You do get a lot of food.
- sadly disappointedmomof3Dined on 3/1/2014I heard great things but sadly when a group of moms went out for restaurant week we had horrible service and the food was not even good.Special Features:
- couldn;t be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2014the food was exceptional, the service was greatt. will go back again and will recommend the restraunt to friends and others.Special Features:
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/1/2014Delicious food. Great service. My flag football team and I went for a team dinner on the last day of restaurant week. It was $20 for a three course meal. Entrees included prime rib and tritip which were delicious! Plus the appetizers/starters were huge! It was a great decision for us to go there and spend Saturday night eating together!Special Features:
- A dissapointment . . . Never again!chienVIPDined on 3/1/2014Last night of dining out for #OCRestaurantweek. Went to Newport Rib Company. SO DISSAPOINTED! The ONLY thing good out of the 3 Course dinner was the meat. Everything else left SO MUCH to be desired! Salad was wilted, corn bread was DRY. Tri-Tip and Prime Rib both good. Garlic Mash too lumpy, Mac N Cheese was blah. Hershy Peanut Butter Ice Cream pie tasted like freezer burn. Go for the meat, not anything else. And the valet parking was A JOKE! 1 attendant, some customer left his/her car in the middle of the driving lane and took their keys with them. My friend ended up having to direct traffic so cars could be moved around. Then I found my OWN keys and drove my OWN car. My friend was nice and still tipped the attendant $5.
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014Came here for the first time as a part of OC Restaurant Week. The food was good, got the tri tip and ribs. Would definitely recommend the tri tip! Garlic mashed potatoes were so good. We came at 5 and had a reservation so we were seated immediately and our server was very friendly and helpful in our ordering processSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a nice experienceRudeDudeDined on 2/27/2014Good food, loved my tri tip and my wife liked her ribs. I left a note about a special occasion but apparently that one was forgotten. Nevertheless a good experience. It definitely helped to be there during OC Restaurant week, price wise definitely attractive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucille 2laweatsDined on 2/23/2014In a nutshell, this place is what Lucille's BBQ should be (but without Lucille's apple butter). We came in during OC restaurant week, ordered a bbq salad and 1/4 brick onion strings for starters, tri tip and prime rib for entrees, and cheesecake and pb ice cream pie for dessert. The bbq salad was good--not phenomenal, but very similar to bbq salads you can get at the supermarket. The 1/4 brick onion strings were good--this is a must get if you come here--it's fried, thinly sliced onions that aren't too salty. The tri tip was flavorful throughout the entire cut. The prime rib is better than Vegas buffet prime rib.The ice cream pie has a decent peanut butter crust.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Please have better QCHealthyConnoisseurDined on 2/23/2014My first dinner experience to this restaurant a month ago was so wonderful that we went back for another feast two nights ago. At my first visit, the ribs was nicely flavored and the meat practically fell off from the bones. All other dishes were well prepared. We all ate way too much. But this second time was very disappointing. The ribs were dry and the flavor did not seem to have smoked into the ribs. I wish the Newport Rib Company can have better quality control.Special Features:
- It was very yummy if you loveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014It was very yummy if you love barbecue. The Brisket was like butter. Will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nicejengardner1Dined on 2/14/2014We booked a table via OpenTable for Valentine's day on the day before. We weren't really looking for a fancy V-Day Dinner place. We got stuck in traffic and when we called to tell them we'd be late, they were very accommodating. When we arrived our table was ready. The place was busy but not packed and we noticed a lot of families with kids along side couples dressed up for V-day. The staff was attentive and friendly and the food was very good. We both got the bacon wrapped filet and I asked for my bacon to be cooked crispy. The chef did and even prepared a side of crispy bacon crumbles for me!. They even took our photo, printed it and and gave it to us in a commemorative frame for VDay. Very pleasantly surprised and highly recommend!Special Features:
- RibMarciDined on 2/8/2014Ok place. Nothing extraordinary. Not a must return to spot but it was good to try .I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bathrooms Remodeled, Smokey RibsallegatorDined on 2/1/2014But several stations located in parking lot. Fine unless it is raining...in SoCal?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large party, great food but...rmanakaVIPDined on 1/18/2014Great meat! Food was outstanding but because we were a large group, the bar service was really slow. If you go with a large group, suggest ordering drinks two or more at a time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for a family dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2013We went here for an early New Year's Eve dinner with our three kids, ranging in age from 10-19 years old. We normally have a hard time getting everyone to agree on a restaurant, but there was something for everyone here. This place has been around as long as I can remember but I'd never been before. The ribs and tri tip were delicious! I especially enjoyed the St. Louis ribs. The side dishes were a little on the blander side but certainly edible. There were lots of people dining who looked like regulars--always a good sign. Also, their take-out was shockingly busy. There was practically a line out the door! All in all, a tasty meal. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Calif BBQPrincessDined on 12/7/2013My husband is a meat-eating Texan so hard for us to find real BBQ in Calif. This is good, but not real Texas BBQ, but good for Calif. Also wish we had black eyed peas and green beans as sides, corn bread was poor. Best meat was the tri-tip. A fun place, lots of TVs for watching sports, too.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Labor inducing BBQ sauceAngelinebugDined on 10/19/2013We went here for the labor inducing BBQ sauce but will for sure be back again. The service was awesome from start to finish. We never felt rushed, the table was always kept clean and the employees were pleasant and attentive. The food was awesome. We had the #2 combo app between 4 of us, the adults had rib eye, chicken breast dinner, pork sliders and a southwest salad. All was really good. Each one of us was pleasantly surprised. Before we left the manager gave us a bottle of BBQ sauce because I really want to go into labor. For the record it has been 24 hours since we are there and I'm still pregnant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- an old stand-byscrapbookcathleenVIPDined on 9/4/2013This is a favourite restaurant for some friends so we decided to go. We wanted something quiet, but the televisions surround you there so it was hard to escape the "bar" atmosphere. We all enjoyed the food, even though none of the sides worked for my diet.I would recommend this to a friend.
- More like Diners' FoodBocayouDined on 8/20/2013This restaurant's food reminds me of old style diners that served overcooked meatloaves and green beans. We ordered the Prime Rib (requested medium rare) and the Tri-Tip which were both very dry, even the Prime Rib which had a very acceptable pinkish color was dry. I think it's just an old style establishment doing its best serving food the old fashioned way to a loyal clientele.