1900 N Rock Rd.
Wichita, KS 67226Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.newportgrillwichita.com/
- Phone: 3166369555x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Saturday: 11am-3pm
Sunday Brunch: 10am-2pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Aaron Whitcomb
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Capable of on site or off site catering with customized menu for your specific needs
- Entertainment: Enjoy live music every Thursday night on the patio starting in June
A word from Newport Grill
Now Open! Newport Grill is a new progressive seafood restaurant here in Wichita. We recieve "top of the boat" fresh fish six days a week! Chef/Owner Executive Chef Aaron Whitcomb has created a diverse and delicious menu that will make anybodys taste buds dance!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Newport Grill - Best Restaurants in Wichita ›
Newport Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (67)scenic view (61)great for outdoor dining (59)fit for foodies (47)notable wine list (38)romantic (37)great for brunch (19)neighborhood gem (18)good for groups (13)great for lunch (12)hot spot (10)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014This is the first Wichita restaurant I've been impressed enough with to actually write a review. The food and service were both over-the-top and this was probably the best overall dining experience I've had in Wichita in a long, long time. We had the crabcake as a starter and I was skeptical of it being paired with fennel, orange, and avocado, but the flavors paired together quite well. For the main, I had the Creekstone Ribeye. While I could have lived without the sauce, this was otherwise a perfectly prepared piece of meat and well worth the price. I would easily rank it above cuts I've had at other steak/chop houses around town. For future special occasions, this will definitely be one of the first options for dining choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday dinner.DiningindoodahDined on 9/13/2014This was our first experience at Newport Grill. It was a wonderful and special dinner. I had commented on our reservation that this was a 50th bday dinner. They reserved a window table and gifted a complimentary dessert for us. The service was friendly and the food was exceptional. It was a special dinner.Special Features:
- Great experienceSullivanFanVIPDined on 9/6/2014We had a great experience and thoroughly enjoyed the evening.Special Features:
- JillJillDined on 9/5/2014We had a great night. We went early and got great service and our food was brought out in a timely manner. Suggestions were made by our server and they were excellent recommendations. It was nice having a reservation through open table. I like being expected for dinner and having our table ready.Special Features:
- Awesome!!Nova44mackDined on 9/1/2014Absolutely loved it. Went there with my husband, dad, brother, and 6 month old baby. We sat outside overlooking the pond/waterfall, and it was absolutely gorgeous. I am a vegan, so I wasn't expecting too terribly much at a seafood/steak restaurant, but with literally no notice, the chefs created an INCREDIBLE delicious, healthy dish for me. The other diners, all carnivores and seafood lovers, also raved about their meals. Also, we brought our 6 month old baby boy to dinner. While the restaurant is definitely too nice to be considered "kid-friendly", the staff was extremely accommodating and sweet to my baby. Our sweet waitress actually held and rocked him so I could finish my dessert. I can't wait to go back!!Special Features:
- Always goodHeartlandDined on 8/29/2014We are here at least once a month and it never fails to satisfy. I'd put it at the top of the list for fine dining in Wichita.Special Features:
- MEH...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014I used to tell people that Newport was the best restaurant in Wichita -and the most expensive. I was pretty disappointed last Friday. One waiter came and introduced himself and then he disappeared. We waited around ten minutes for him to come back which he did not. Eventually, another waitress came. She was very good, friendly, helpful. I was just put off that the best restaurant in Wichita was not on its toes. The food was okay... just okay. Normally, I rave about the meals at Newport. I believe that a good meal is worth paying for so I am not put off by their prices but I want the food to be more than just okay. We brought friends on their honeymoon, expecting to give them a wonderful treat. Instead, it was just another meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food4ThoughtFood4ThoughtDined on 8/29/2014Always an excellent experience. And you simply must try the dessert beignets - out of this world.Special Features:
- Dinner on the patioSandmanDined on 8/17/2014Pleasant evening outside on patio. Staff attentive and our server - very knowledgable and so friendly. Absolutely recommending it again as we have been dining here several times….Special Features:
- MauidudeDined on 8/15/2014We enjoy dining at Newport Grill. However, it is very difficult to carry on a conversation when you have to yell to be heard. Something needs to be done about the acoustics. I realize Friday night is the busiest night of the week, with every table full, and this is the reason we seldom eat out then, but we will not be back on a weekend, unless it's for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerFoodGuyDined on 8/14/2014Was out of town looking for a good dinner to catch up with old friends, and this fit the bill very well. Attentive service that matched the timing of the conversation perfectly. Drinks and dinner were tasty and the server gave great advice. The server put an extraordinary appetizer platter together for us!Special Features:
- Take me awayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Newport Grill is like a mini vacation. They view and the food will take you coastal in the heart of America.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delightful eveningfitzw4Dined on 8/11/2014Three of us arrived for dinner. Welcomed and wound up each enjoying FRESH seafood. Perfectly prepared and served. A real gem. Prices were a bit higher than other places but made up for by the overall quality and experience. I would recommend this place to anyone who enjoys seafood.Special Features:
- BrunchlmnrlnVIPDined on 8/10/2014GREAT Sunday brunch. I appreciated the new salad selections and more varieties with the entrees.Special Features:
- NewportLjgardnerDined on 8/9/2014My girlfriend and I went our for our anniversary and it was perfect for the occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieDined on 8/8/2014Had a very enjoyable lunch experience the other day. Nelson was very knowledgeable of his food and cocktails. Chef Alan came out and said hi. The steak salad special was fantastic as were the rock shrimp cigars. Manager also very nice coming by and talking with me. Will be back for sure!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first impressionLovingNewportGrillDined on 8/3/2014First impression...greeted at the door by a smiling host, seated promptly and our server there in seconds, very friendly employees, Beautifully laid out breakfast buffet, fresh food, great taste, decor pleasing, pleasant music at a fantastic low noise level, and attentive service. Last impression...I cannot wait to go back! All Sunday trips to Wichita will now always include a breakfast brunch at Newport Grill!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingFood4ThoughtDined on 8/2/2014We love Newport Grill. The food is superb, and the service has always been first rate.Special Features:
- Newport GrilldouglasDined on 8/2/2014Excellent seafood and a much-needed addition to the Wichita scene. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous DiningmynewfaveDined on 8/2/2014From the time we walked in, to the time we left, everything was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Celebratory Dinner SpotveggienutDined on 8/1/2014We celebrated our anniversary by splurging on dinner at Newport Grill. The decor is very inviting; the booths are large and comfortable, but elegant. We had a view of the red bridge over the pond at Bradley Fair in Wichita. Cannot say enough good things about the food! Salmon was cooked perfectly and accompanied by house-made ravioli (pasta and ricotta made in-house). The tuna was so lovely- prepared rare, it has a gorgeous jewel tone to it and tasted so fresh. Served with a melt in your mouth crispy kale & quinoa with dried cherries. Wine & dessert are not to be missed here! Our waiter was passionate about the food & very helpful with suggestions. He informed us the seafood is flown in 6 days a week - very fresh!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Fresh FishBrettinSeattleDined on 7/30/2014Being from Seattle with direct access to fresh high quality seafood, I have to admit I was skeptical eating seafood in Wichita, as snobby as that may sound. But one can only eat steak- as great as they are in these parts - so many days in a row, so i took the concierge's recommendation to try Newport Grill. Went with colleagues to check it out and it has become one of my standby's during travels to Wichita where i know i can depend on a great meal and experience. The fish is flown in fresh 6 days a week and is super fresh and high quality. Prepared nicely without the typical drowning of sauce that masks the flavor of the fish. Great drinks, knowledgeable and personable staff, great fish and al dente vegetables. Overall awesome restaurant!Special Features:
- lmnrlnVIPDined on 7/27/2014I brought a family to dine with me and they had two children. The staff was excellent and the food impressed the guests. The entire staff on Sundays is very accommodating.Special Features:
- Great night outAFlyGirlDined on 7/26/2014Our first time there. We will definitely be back next time we are in town. Calamari Frites were to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not greatSeaFoodJunkieDined on 7/25/2014For the price Newport charges, the food should've been much better. Had filet and lobster. I've had better filets across the street at Outback. Lobster was dry and a little cool. Disappointed for the price we paid.
- Lovely spotbrattravelerDined on 7/23/2014Lovely spot with really good food, nicely presented and nice ambiance to boot! Would definitely go again. A bit pricey, but woth it.Special Features:
- Very good, but a bit priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014Dinner for two was $175 including tip with one cocktail and two bottled beers but no wine. The calamari uniquely seasoned and fried. The calamari itself was a bit rubbery, but the taste was excellent. I chose the filet with crabmeat topping. The filet was tasty, tender and served at exactly the right temperature. The banana bread pudding was as good as any bread pudding I've had in Louisiana, where I used to live, although it might have used a little more rum. The service was really outstanding - professional yet friendly and very helpful.
- Food is greatEat2liveVIPDined on 7/15/2014Food at Newport Grill remains consistent....service is not as good as it was for years, especially during busy hours.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- servicelmnrlnVIPDined on 7/13/2014The entire staff is excellent. The view is peaceful. I miss the humus.Special Features:
- Amazing!birthdaydinerDined on 7/9/2014We sat outside on the patio, overlooking the pond and waterfall. It was very romantic and relaxing. Our waitress greeted us quickly and very professionally. Since it was our first time she gave us recommandations, that turned out to be delicious. The shrimp cigares were an amazing appetizer, and the hawaiian mahi tuna was perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchDcantiqueDined on 7/6/2014Went there for Sunday brunch with the family. Great food, kids friendly and nice outdoor seating. Its located in the Bradley Fair, one of the upscale shopping center in Wichita.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- peaceful SundayslmnrlnVIPDined on 7/6/2014This is a great place to start the week with a scenic view, great service, and fabulous food. Thanks for adding a new entry to your Sunday brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014One of the best sunday brunches we have had in a long time. Everyone was very friendly and greeted us with a smile. The buffet was great, all the food was kept very fresh by a very attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ViewBeachkidDined on 6/29/2014I will start with the positive; The view is great and if the weather allows, dining on the patio is fantastic. The service is excellent and they are very attentive. Unfortunately in the six times we have dined at Newport the food as been unremarkable. Last time I ordered the snapper which was dry and overcooked, however the heirloom carrots and fresh corn were great. Overall if I want seafood I prefer Bonefish which is sad as I want to like Newport, however it is not worth the price.Special Features:
- food nuts2foodiesDined on 6/28/2014Really enjoy the food and special cocktails, typically we like yo go when there is a bit of entertainment on the patioSpecial Features:
- WaitressOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Our waitress that evening was absolutely amazing and made our experience memorable. She came around to refill drinks and take our orders often but not too often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/25/2014Our food took rather long to arrive but the server kept us informed of what was going on. Probably the best trout almandine we have ever had. The restaurant removed our appetizer and dessert from the bill due to the long wait. Overall a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/23/2014Newport Grill offered me and my wife a phenomenal experience. First off the staff was great. The outdoor seating was the part we enjoyed the most. It kind of reminded us of the restaurants we frequently went to when we stayed in California. We were very impressed to say the least. It was a great place for us to celebrate our 7 year wedding anniversary. We will definitely be returning every Friday evening for drinks on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, as always.RannDined on 6/21/2014We come to Newport regularly, and tonight we brought our friends who were visiting from out of town. The great service, wonderful food, and the comfortable booth at the back made for a great reunion. Intimate, classy, and rewarding! The sword fish was amazing and the bread pudding a hit among our guests.Special Features:
- stoukyDined on 6/20/2014Great fresh seafood and awesome menu. The food was suculent and tender. The sides were great. Different and outstanding every day!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.