New York Steak House
2007 Emmons Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11235Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
New York Steak House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ny-steakhouse.com/
- Phone: (718) 440-8080
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday through Thursday 12:00noon - 2:00am Friday and Saturday 12:00noon - 4:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Fil Dikker
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering Options Available. We offer Banquet Stle Menu as well as Buffet and Pre Fix.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room accommodates from 10 to 400 people
- Private Party Contact: Ed Gitlin 516-287-5507
- Entertainment: Live Pianist every night from 6pm to 11pm and Live Singers from 11pm-2am on Weekdays and 11pm-4am on Weekends
- Special Events: Come and experience our new Burlesque and Drag Shows. RSVP in advance.
A word from New York Steak House
excellence. Executive Chef Fil Dikker deliveries a highly praised menu of choice meats and seafood, fresh vegetables and delectable desserts. In addition, our extensive selection of wine will pair wonderfully to your meal making your dining experience at New York Steak House unforgettable. An elegant dining room adorned with mahogany walls, copper ceilings and superior service and live pianist create the perfect setting for great food and great conversation.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
New York Steak House reviews from OpenTable diners
- The food was well preparedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/6/2010The food was well prepared and served quickly. Had my five year old daughter with us and the booth was large enough to accommodate her and have a quiet meal with my husband. The food portions were generous and we had to take out a portion of the meal. The red snapper was delicious and the shrimp linguine was good for garlic lovers. The entire staff was cordial and ready to help.Special Features:
- Apparently, the chef PhilRg61soundfVIPDined on 4/3/2010Apparently, the chef Phil is a very creative and gifted man; my foie gras was excellent with some very unusual sauce; my wife's Saint Edward mussels were excellent; I had delicious baby lamb chops for my main course, and my wife's Porcini Sea Bass was very good too. The place is really good, especially for the Sheepshead Bay/Brighton Beach area. Our bill came up to $220 with 10% gratuity already added; considering that we had a St Emillion Grand Cru for $70, the prices are tolerable. The service was very good too, we were even offered a decanter for our Bordeaux. My only recommendation is to update the on-line menu that featured quite a few unavailable courses. Otherwise I recommend the restaurant to anyone who happens to be in the area.Special Features:
- Stopped by for a early dinner,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/12/2010Stopped by for a early dinner, under the sunset, overlooking the bay. The food was fantastic. The sesame calamari and lamb chops were especially note worthy. The steaks were presented very well and were cooked to perfection with just the right herbs and spices. The service was a bit slow and the accents can be difficult to understand if you are from out of the neighborhood, however, that holds true for the neighborhood as a whole. The ambiance is second to none. Cooper Ceilings and custom wood work all around coupled with the live entertainment (a pianist during our trip), in a super quiet and relaxed environment, created the perfect atmosphere to spend an anniversary. I would recommend NY-Steak House and do plan on visiting again soon.Special Features:
- I had a great time. The foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/29/2010I had a great time. The food was great. A delicious steak cooked perfectly. The shrimp and lobster cocktails were also great. It was expensive but worth it. I'd go again.Special Features:
- In general the food was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 12/25/2009In general the food was very good. The filet mignon was large, a better quality & value than the NY strip which was tasty but nothing special & not worth $36.00 for the 12 oz size. Lobster bisque, wild mushrooms & sautéed spinach were excellent. We didn’t have appetizers or dessert so I can’t comment on that. The wait staff was attentive & polite..the host not so much. He didn’t want to give us a larger table even though there were only 3 occupied tables. He did give us a better table but was very gruff in handling our request. Another thing, the waiter took our coats which we had on an empty chair.He didn’t ask if we wanted them checked just said he would hang them. When we left they asked for $6. Didn't pay it but thought it was shady.
- Food & Service quality hasOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/23/2009Food & Service quality has gone down considerably since my last visit
- Horrible. Even though we hadOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/12/2009Horrible. Even though we had a reservation and were the only patrons in the restaurant, they acted as if they weren't expecting us. It was a huge empty table filled room with at least 8 waiters on hand, but no one would ever come and check on us; we repeatedly had to insist that they take our orders, give us water, drinks, basics, etc. I believe there may have been a language difference with the waitstaff, since the matre'd (sp?) was the only one who really seemed to come by from time to time and tell us things -- not ask what we needed, but wanted to tell us about specials and whatever popped into his head. Even though this is a steak house, they at first told us they were out of filet mignon, which is what we came for. Bad!
- Very accommodating, the staffRHS143Dined on 3/15/2009Very accommodating, the staff is very helpful and the food is just scrumptious. the steaks are divine, the short ribs are phenomenal, the lamp chops are tender and the salmon is quite tasty. the appetizers are wonderfully delicious esp the grilled octopus! definitely a must for foodies! and there's a wonderful pianist who takes requests.Special Features:
- Even with a reservaion, seatingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2009Even with a reservaion, seating took too long and waiters took just as long to take oders. Not to mention waiters seemed flustered with the extra busy night and servers were mixing up orders left and right.
- I had an 845 PM reservation,OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/14/2009I had an 845 PM reservation, i got there around 915 PM. I had to wait 30-40 min to be seated, then when seated i asked the waiter to bring bread, then i had to tell him he forgot the butter. even when the wine came he started opening the bottle, no wine glasses on the table. Futhermore, we literally waited 1 hour to be served our meal.
- Food was A+. High qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2009Food was A+. High quality and very well prepared. Excellent Lobster! Good, fairly priced wine list. However, we weren't advised when booking onlline that only a Valentine's Day menu was available, so we couldn't order what we wanted. Ambience left something to be desired. Too brightly lit and very noisy. Gorgeous, antique tin ceiling was not matched by the rest of the decor. Kind of seedy and tacky. The wait staff seemed overwhelmed and not too competent. Need extensive training. Never offered dessert menu. With some work, this could be a pretty good restaurant, and Emmons Avenue is a lively up and coming neighgborhood. Brooklyn at its polyglot best.
- When we arrived for our reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2009When we arrived for our reservation we were seated at table 32/1 per my receipt 10012 time:6:48pm . We had 3 guests, 2 adults & an 8 year old child. We informed the staff that every time the door opened we felt a cold breeze and asked to be moved. We were not moved we were told they would take care of it. That confused us because you can not stop people from coming in nor can you stop the breeze. Our entire meal was spent amazed that we were not moved although there were empty booths that were never filled. We ordered 3 surf & turfs one was tough and full of gristle it was left uneaten. We didn't bother to complain since it was obvious that our breeze complaint was ignored. we paid out 190.74 bill plus $30.00 tip and were unhappy. Darlene
- The maitre'd was very hospitableOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/7/2009The maitre'd was very hospitable and attentive. He was very discreet about having my daughter's dessert presented with candles and the pianist accompanying the wait staff as they sang happy birthday. I used Open Table online to advise him that my daughter was celebrating her 25th birthday. It was a special moment. She did not see it coming, The food was very well presented, generous portions, NOT SALTY ! Two bars and an extensive wine list. Wine can be purchased by the glass or the bottle.The art deco decor and pianist were reminiscent of a Turner Classic Movie moment. The booths are tremendous and plush. I would love to return on a romantic date.Special Features:
- We visited the New York SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/27/2008We visited the New York Steak House on Thanksgiving day, when most people are usually home - and here the place was at least half full! And it's perfectly understandable - the restaurant itself is very nice, with a small, but real fireplace, and wonderful music (live piano music in the evenings). Steaks were great (both my parents loved them), and service was up to par as well. I'm making another reservation in a couple of weeks.Special Features:
- This place was horrible......OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/30/2008This place was horrible...... I would never return to that place as long as I am in New York City. I told them I had a reservation and they acted like they didnt know what I was talking about or ever heard of Open Table. I was on a date for crying out loud, I felt betrayed trying to impress my date, I felt like my reputation was ruined. I will never return and will never recommend this place to anyone. The scene on Opentable was totally different from what I experienced. This restaurant shouldn't be rated as "$$$$" it should be rated as "$$".
- Very accommodating waitstaff...greaRHS143Dined on 7/20/2008Very accommodating waitstaff...great food and service.Special Features:
- Restaurant was lovely, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/31/2008Restaurant was lovely, service was good, price was wow!Special Features:
- YOu should remove this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/28/2008YOu should remove this place from your listings. It was horrible. The wait staff couldn't speak English! One waiter didn't know what the word "pepper" meant. THe dishes didn't match what the menu said. I was embarrassed to bring people here and the price was outrageous for the level of quality and service. HORRIBLE!
- I tried this restaurant knowingOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 5/17/2008I tried this restaurant knowing nothing about it because it was listed on OpenTable, because they offered Internet access to their menu, and because I am from Chicago staying temporarily in NJ and wanted to sample the quality of food in Brooklyn. Unfortunately, it was a terrible dining experience. I don't recommend this establishment. The kitchen was painfully slow and the food was not worth eating. However, the visit and lunch menu wasn't very expensive. I guess you get what you pay for. I should note that the waiter kindly observed our painfully long wait and the poor quality of our lunch, and mentioned that their steak dinners are much better than their hamburgers. Maybe if I had tried NYSH for dinner, I would have had a different exp.
- This place was horrible......OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/16/2008This place was horrible...... I would never return to that place as long as I am in New York City. I told them I had a reservation and they acted like they didnt know what I was talking about or ever heard of Open Table. I was on a date for crying out loud, I felt betrayed trying to impress my date, I felt like my reputation was ruined. I will never return and will never recommend this place to anyone. The scene on Opentable was totally different from what I experienced. This restaurant shouldn't be rated as "$$$$" it should be rated as "$$".
- Really really bad! The serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/9/2008Really really bad! The service staff barely spoke English and the restaurant does not cater to the lunch crowd in any way...would not come back. Credit card machine was down and no apologies for the mishap.