New York Prime Steakhouse - Myrtle Beach
405 28th Ave N
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
New York Prime Steakhouse - Myrtle Beach
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://newyorkprime.com/
- Phone: 8434488081
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wine Bar, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant is available for private business luncheons. There are no room fees charged.
- Private Party Contact: Jason Melchione 8434488081
- Special Events: NY Prime is ready to make your next special occasion or corporate function a rare event. Offering the full dinner menu as well as prix fixe menus that may be personalized to accommodate your needs. There are no room fees charged.
A word from New York Prime Steakhouse - Myrtle Beach
Golf Magazine’s choice for “where to eat with your clients” and “best steakhouse” by The Myrtle Beach Herald. New York Prime’s menu features USDA prime for every steak such as the monster 40oz. Porterhouse for two, colossal Baked Shrimp and fresh Florida Stone Crabs. The only all-prime experience on the Grand Strand, New York Prime Steakhouse offers an extensive wine list and seating for large parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
New York Prime Steakhouse - Myrtle Beach - Best Restaurants in Myrtle Beach ›
New York Prime Steakhouse - Myrtle Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (84)romantic (55)notable wine list (46)fit for foodies (45)good for groups (31)neighborhood gem (26)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great Food and ServiceclapprDined on 9/22/2014The food and service here are top notch! We ordered steak and lobster and both were perfect. Easily one of the best steaks that I have ever had. The table side server was excellent. This made my engagement extra specialSpecial Features:
- First time was a gemNYPhil46Dined on 9/21/2014Service was outstanding and food cooked to perfection rib eye was above expectationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite Let DownArynVIPDined on 9/18/2014This restaurant was rated one of the best on the strand but after dining there, I think the list should be amended. The filet I ordered was not tender and not medium rare as ordered. I have had much better meals at other steakhouses such as Ruth's Chris. The atmosphere was nice but that was about it. The service was good except they didn't want to hear that we weren't happy with the steaks. My dad and boyfriend ordered the NY Strip medium rare and one was much more cooked than the other. Go to Sea Blue or Ruth's Chris instead!!!
- Great OutingMrGGDined on 9/18/2014Service (waiter) great very attentive. Food excellence (Sea Bass) to kill for . Steak just right color. Can't go wrong here. 10+ rating. Will visit any time I'm in MB. Geat place to take customer .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth every dollarOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Pricey but darn good and worth every dollar. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014if dining was any better I would have to buy the place. my wife and had been waiting for over a year to dine. will not wait that long againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off night?HungryMammaDined on 9/11/2014Service was extremely slow and they made no apologies. Food was outstandingSpecial Features:
- Simply "THE BEST"!!!!!!mikeVIPDined on 9/11/2014I had my first dinner at New York Prime the day the restaurant opened and the steaks were at that time great, now 15 plus years later they're even better from great to absolutely fabulous. The Oysters Rockefeller, Lyonaise Potatoes and the chopped salad just made the Bone-in Ribeye even tastier. If you're within 100 miles it's worth the trip for such a fabulous steak and outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakKRB1Dined on 9/5/2014I had the shrimp cocktail, bisque, steak and potato. Everything was excellent if you are not use to a char grilled steak then ask for it cooked no char. I loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/31/2014Great experience - time and again - we love this place. Reasonable wine list, great steaks, the best service on the grand strand, a very special place for special dining. Even if you are not a steak person they can accommodate - wife had Sea Bass, 3 of us had NY Strips, all done perfectly and to our specification. Seasoned perfectly, temp was right, service was spot on the entire night.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014We have eaten at NY Prime many times. Love the food and service. Our only complaint is the cigar smoking at the bar. Why prevent others getting a drink to appease one or two. It has not hurt business in other parts of the country to ban smoking in a restaurant. Time to get into the 21 Century. Most people hate smoking es. Cigars.Special Features:
- outstandingnicky052011Dined on 8/30/2014was by far the best steak i have ever had. my fiance and i had a wonderful time. the food was great and the service was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and food509LRDined on 8/30/2014We were visiting SC from WA. We wanted a good steak restaurant to take our friends. NY Prime exceeded our expectations. The food was great and the service even better. We will definitely go again when we visit SC again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/28/2014Wonderful food and service, pricy but worth it. large portionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great as alwaysgenesVIPDined on 8/27/2014always a must stop for me when in myrtle.....great placeSpecial Features:
- Not as good as years agodioje787Dined on 8/27/2014I was at New York Prime 15 years or so ago, and it was amazing then. The food quality was not up to par this time. Oysters Rockefeller a little overdone. Both filets were charred a little too much. Small salad (but very tasty)... large, tough asparagus stalks as opposed to more desirable smaller ones. The cheese potatoes were not good at all and tasted more like a frozen microwave dinner. The steak quality was fantastic... I wish I would have had raw ones to cook myself on my grill, where I could have done more with them. The banana cream pie was okay, but again... nothing you couldn't find at most upscale restaurants. I was charged $3.25 for a slice of tomato that was mushy. $225 for the two of us. Ridiculous. Not going back.Special Features:
- Best steak I've ever eatenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Service was outstanding. A bit on the pricey side but for a special occasion I would highly recommended New York Prime. They treat you like royalty and the food is great. Steak was cooked to perfection. Nicely charred exterior and juicy tender center bursting with natural flavor. Thanks for a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful birthday dinnerEllenDined on 8/25/2014What a special place. They had a table ready for us with a birthday card and decorations when we arrived. The food was a amazing and the service incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good if you like charred steaksKimkayVIPDined on 8/22/2014The service was outstanding very attentive. The food is pretty good. Me personal I prefer Ruth Chris since they do not char their steaks as much. I hate the taste of burnt meat and even asked them not to char broil it and they said they could but, they did not. I did cut off all the sides, top, and bottom and the filet was good but, I also lost a lot of the meat doing this. The lyonnaise potatoes were good but, we did not care for the creamed spinach it had a weird seasoning in it they we did not like.
- Your BreadOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014We have enjoyed your restaurant ever since it opened. This is my husband's fav. place to celebrate his birthday. We have also celebrated some college grad. dinners with our kids. We recently had a great dinner on the 20th of August. Except for the bread choices. Having just come back from Paris, where the art of bread is celebrated: your bread tasted like you bought it at Wal-Mart. No crunch, no taste, very doughy. I would like to celebrate my husband's next birthday in August, 2015 with a wonderful, fun, party surrounded by very special friends from the MB community at your restaurant. You have to improve the quality of your bread and offer something besides butter to dip it with before I commit.Special Features:
- JaniceDined on 8/19/2014The food was outstanding. Had to wait 30 minutes even though we had a reservation. Sat for another 30 minutes before even being served water. Wine came later and a cocktail for the 3rd person came after the food! One person's food was not what was ordered. The other two had to eat while the 3rd person waited on the correct food. Check came and the wrong food was on the bill in addition to the correct order (4 meals, not 3). Both tables on each side of us had similar issues and our three tables joked about it. At the end, one talked with the management who came and said he was sorry to the other two tables. Waiting to be seated in one thing, but once they do, the waiter owns that table. Not a good $275 experience for 3.
- BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014We have eaten many times at NY Prime, as it is my wife's favorite Restaurant. We've ne to Peter Lugar's, Morton's of Chicago, Ruth Crist's, Don Shulas and many others, but none is better than NY Prime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedTonie262Dined on 8/16/2014This is the Best Restaurant in Myrtle Beach! Incredible Food, Service and Atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five stars across the boardgktaylor40Dined on 8/16/2014During my trip to Myrtle Beach this year (2014), I took my Mother to this restaurant. The food and service was outstanding! William (our main server) was fantastic. The ambience superb. I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Outstanding1sttimerDined on 8/16/2014This was my first time at New York Prime Steakhouse. The service was great and the food was outstanding. Our waiter, William, was profession and attended to all our needs without asking him to do so. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a great night of dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/11/2014Never a disappointing meal. Waitstaff well trained and polished. Eat there every visit to myrtle beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A New ExeperienceTheDiningExplorerDined on 8/8/2014Overall we had enjoyed New York Prime for the food. The porterhouse steak for two that we had ordered medium to well was fantastic. It was juicy and full of flavor to the point that it did not need any seasoning except for what they do to prepare it in advance. The only drawback we had was the server not asking for more drinks whether we wanted one or not, combing the table cloth and moving the plates or drinks blocking the person who was talking without saying, "Excuse me." The prices were reasonable for special occasions or for groups. However, I will not go frequently as I am frugal with my expenses.Special Features:
- Best SteakAflediDined on 8/8/2014The server was extremely helpful in informing us concerning the menu. Our steaks were cooked to perfection. The best steak I have ever eaten. Very warm atmosphere. Great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WhatanightDined on 8/8/2014First-class in everything they do, from the moment you enter and are greeted by Erin and escorted to the uptown-style bar to the moment you savor the last bite of the exquisitely prepared meal. Topped off with a special desert, our dinner party of eight were treated wonderfully. Oh, what a night!Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING!!!localmyrtlebachDined on 8/7/2014we go every year for our daughter's birthday (she is now 12) and we have been for 4 years now. she enjoys the fresh lobster as well as the fillet. the service is outstanding and we always feel warm and welcomed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014The food was wonderful and fresh no complaints there, the service however was rather indifferent to us. We were a party of two, early twenties on vacation seated next to a party of 8 who seemed to be locals and/ or regulars late 30-early 60's, as they appeared to be a family. Yes it is true we were not going to spend upwards of $1,000 on our meal however we would have greatly appreciate the same attention by our waiter. We were obviously not a priority at the time and I found that to be very disrespectful. How is a restaurant to gain regulars or recommendations with less than stellar service? I have received better treatment at a chain resturant.Special Features:
- MikeWVIPDined on 8/5/2014We went to New York Prime for our anniversary. What a wonderful restaurant oasis in an otherwise sea of really not great buffets and fast food. I'm thrilled they are there and will certainly be back when in Myrtle Beach again. The steaks were excellent and the service was exceptional. I booked on OpenTable.com and hour and a half prior to our reservation time and we were greeted by everyone with happy anniversary wishes and a very nice card from the restaurant. Well done and thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite restaurantHickorychickDined on 8/4/2014We look forward to eating at New York Prime every year on vacation, and, as always, our experience did not disappoint. Incredible food and impeccable service are the hallmarks of this restaurant. Well worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Myrtle Beach New York PrimesjbrewerVIPDined on 8/2/2014The BEST STEAKS anywhere! Service is awesome. Planning our next visit for another mouth watering steaks. :-P
- a wonderful eveningRU13Dined on 8/2/2014We enjoyed every minute of our dinner at New York Prime. The chopped Italian salad was superb and the steaks were cooked to perfection. Our server was very knowledgeable and offered suggestions on sharing side dishes and, in fact, encouraged sharing. That's nice when everything is a la carte. We will definitely return to the restaurant the next time we are in the area. Thank you!Special Features:
- excellent from start to finish.good2knowDined on 7/29/2014From the minute you step in the door, you are given attention. The service was spot on and the food was excellent. The atmosphere is relaxing and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfulmrsd13Dined on 7/26/2014I have been to New York Prime several times. My husband and I always try to go whenever we visit Myrtle Beach. This weekend we went for our anniversary and it was just as fabulous as always. They are very few steakhouses that can compare to the quality and service we get there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New York PrimeglennDined on 7/26/2014Best steaks in Grand Strand area! Also try the White Chocolate Banana Cream Pie!Special Features:
- Wonderful Experience As Always !!!!MedicllawDined on 7/19/2014As usual, always a great meal! If you have never been lucky to dine at New York Prime, you do not know what you are missingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pricey but worth itRistoranteUomoVIPDined on 7/16/2014Billed as the NY Steak house, the steaks, apps, and sides were all great. It was definitely not cheap but well worth it. One surprise was the wine list, which was reasonably deep but without crazy mark ups. We had 2011 Caymus Special Select at $180 vs an average retail of around $118 or so, quite reasonable. Service was attentive and very good also. Would definitely return when I'm in Myrtle Beach. One problem is not with the restaurant but Myrtle Beach's ridiculous nearly 11% sales tax rate! Thanks for visiting and letting us rob you even though you're supporting our economy.