New York Prime Steakhouse - Myrtle Beach
405 28th Ave N
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
New York Prime Steakhouse - Myrtle Beach
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://newyorkprime.com/
- Phone: (843) 448-8081
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wine Bar, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant is available for private business luncheons. There are no room fees charged.
- Private Party Contact: Jason Melchione 8434488081
- Special Events: NY Prime is ready to make your next special occasion or corporate function a rare event. Offering the full dinner menu as well as prix fixe menus that may be personalized to accommodate your needs. There are no room fees charged.
A word from New York Prime Steakhouse - Myrtle Beach
Golf Magazine’s choice for “where to eat with your clients” and “best steakhouse” by The Myrtle Beach Herald. New York Prime’s menu features USDA prime for every steak such as the monster 40oz. Porterhouse for two, colossal Baked Shrimp and fresh Florida Stone Crabs. The only all-prime experience on the Grand Strand, New York Prime Steakhouse offers an extensive wine list and seating for large parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
New York Prime Steakhouse - Myrtle Beach - Best Restaurants in Myrtle Beach ›
New York Prime Steakhouse - Myrtle Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (72)fit for foodies (45)notable wine list (43)romantic (40)good for groups (31)neighborhood gem (25)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (3)Show More
- Best of the bestNannbobDined on 11/20/2014We are locals....and when there is a dinner celebration it is ALWAYS at NY Prime. We may be a small town...but NY Prime is big city good. Never enjoyed a dinner more. Great steaks, great sides, great service...great experience! What a dinner out should be.Special Features:
- just keeps getting bettergenesVIPDined on 11/19/2014food and service just keeps on getting better our waiter was beyond good!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMBtravelersDined on 11/11/2014Excellent service and food as always! Prices are expensive, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- carolbDined on 11/8/2014Never disappointing. Always high quality and consistent service and food. A great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Beef was good. Service good too. Nothing out of the ordinary... Except the check!!!
- a capital "S" Special occasionRefoscoDined on 11/1/2014The management and staff at New York Prime never fail to make us feel welcome and special. That coupled with the fact that we have never had so much a a bad morsel of food there makes it our "go to" place for Special occasions, but also our sneak-away for quiet dinners on random weekday nights.Special Features:
- Love New York PrimeKimnChrisDined on 10/26/2014Once again the food was fabulous and the wine wonderful. Will continue to return when we visit Myrtle Beach.Special Features:
- NY Prime dining experienceLovelyLaviDined on 10/25/2014Loved the food and the staff... Only thing I would change is guests being able to smoke at the bar. We were seated by the bar, so needless to say, our wonderful evening turned into us hurrying thru our last drink, because a couple of people decided to enjoy cigars and cigarets for dessert. That was a bummer, cause up until that point we absolutely love every part of our dinner! We will return but we will make sure we get seated as far from the bar as possible!!!!
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Went for wedding anniversary. Best steakhouse in Myrtle Beach. Will return many times.Special Features:
- steak outfoodtravelerDined on 10/22/201440 oz porterhouse for 2 excellent as advertised, service is impeccable, lively ambiance, classic style.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/22/2014This is a great place for steaks! We come almost every time we visit. The waiters are informed and very friendly, the atmosphere is very Sinatra......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatDrJohnVIPDined on 10/19/2014Very high end pricewise but if you have a special occasion or just want a great meal, look no further..... this is the place. Service was great and the food fantastic both in presentation and taste. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of Sea and LandZragonZDined on 10/15/2014Prime Filet was a reminder of the beef of yesteryear and the outstanding quality that New York Prime exudes to deliver on culinary ecstasy. The Sea Bass was a buttery sojourn into unequivocal and categorical culinary delight. New York Prime fired on all 12 cylinders with perfection! You must eat here at least once so put it on your bucket list.Special Features:
- 1pickydinerDined on 10/14/2014Very metropolitan. Could be anywhere, Vegas, Chicago, Dallas, NY...We will be back. The food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!Kiki4242Dined on 10/11/2014This was the highlight of our trip! Excellent service, great food, and awesome contemporary feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Steakhouse!BeerSlingerDined on 10/8/2014New York Prime is one of our "Must Visit" restaurants when we visit Myrtle Beach. Yes the prices are premium, but so is the food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Pittsburgh StyleChetsChoicesDined on 10/8/2014Pittsburgh style steaks are the best. Highly Recommended.Special Features:
- always outstandinggenesVIPDined on 10/3/2014best steak and service in myrtle....always on point keep up the great job...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- would go back in a minutemyrtleVIPDined on 10/2/2014We where 5 minutes late in getting there, and the maitre d was not ready for us. So we sat at the bar and had wonderful service, with good drinks, and great steaks. Would do it again in a minuteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceclapprDined on 9/22/2014The food and service here are top notch! We ordered steak and lobster and both were perfect. Easily one of the best steaks that I have ever had. The table side server was excellent. This made my engagement extra specialSpecial Features:
- First time was a gemNYPhil46Dined on 9/21/2014Service was outstanding and food cooked to perfection rib eye was above expectationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite Let DownArynVIPDined on 9/18/2014This restaurant was rated one of the best on the strand but after dining there, I think the list should be amended. The filet I ordered was not tender and not medium rare as ordered. I have had much better meals at other steakhouses such as Ruth's Chris. The atmosphere was nice but that was about it. The service was good except they didn't want to hear that we weren't happy with the steaks. My dad and boyfriend ordered the NY Strip medium rare and one was much more cooked than the other. Go to Sea Blue or Ruth's Chris instead!!!
- Great OutingMrGGDined on 9/18/2014Service (waiter) great very attentive. Food excellence (Sea Bass) to kill for . Steak just right color. Can't go wrong here. 10+ rating. Will visit any time I'm in MB. Geat place to take customer .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth every dollarBuckeyebobDined on 9/16/2014Pricey but darn good and worth every dollar. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014if dining was any better I would have to buy the place. my wife and had been waiting for over a year to dine. will not wait that long againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off night?HungryMammaDined on 9/11/2014Service was extremely slow and they made no apologies. Food was outstandingSpecial Features:
- Simply "THE BEST"!!!!!!mikeVIPDined on 9/11/2014I had my first dinner at New York Prime the day the restaurant opened and the steaks were at that time great, now 15 plus years later they're even better from great to absolutely fabulous. The Oysters Rockefeller, Lyonaise Potatoes and the chopped salad just made the Bone-in Ribeye even tastier. If you're within 100 miles it's worth the trip for such a fabulous steak and outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakKRB1Dined on 9/5/2014I had the shrimp cocktail, bisque, steak and potato. Everything was excellent if you are not use to a char grilled steak then ask for it cooked no char. I loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/31/2014Great experience - time and again - we love this place. Reasonable wine list, great steaks, the best service on the grand strand, a very special place for special dining. Even if you are not a steak person they can accommodate - wife had Sea Bass, 3 of us had NY Strips, all done perfectly and to our specification. Seasoned perfectly, temp was right, service was spot on the entire night.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014We have eaten at NY Prime many times. Love the food and service. Our only complaint is the cigar smoking at the bar. Why prevent others getting a drink to appease one or two. It has not hurt business in other parts of the country to ban smoking in a restaurant. Time to get into the 21 Century. Most people hate smoking es. Cigars.Special Features:
- outstandingnicky052011Dined on 8/30/2014was by far the best steak i have ever had. my fiance and i had a wonderful time. the food was great and the service was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and food509LRDined on 8/30/2014We were visiting SC from WA. We wanted a good steak restaurant to take our friends. NY Prime exceeded our expectations. The food was great and the service even better. We will definitely go again when we visit SC again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/28/2014Wonderful food and service, pricy but worth it. large portionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great as alwaysgenesVIPDined on 8/27/2014always a must stop for me when in myrtle.....great placeSpecial Features:
- Not as good as years agodioje787Dined on 8/27/2014I was at New York Prime 15 years or so ago, and it was amazing then. The food quality was not up to par this time. Oysters Rockefeller a little overdone. Both filets were charred a little too much. Small salad (but very tasty)... large, tough asparagus stalks as opposed to more desirable smaller ones. The cheese potatoes were not good at all and tasted more like a frozen microwave dinner. The steak quality was fantastic... I wish I would have had raw ones to cook myself on my grill, where I could have done more with them. The banana cream pie was okay, but again... nothing you couldn't find at most upscale restaurants. I was charged $3.25 for a slice of tomato that was mushy. $225 for the two of us. Ridiculous. Not going back.Special Features:
- Best steak I've ever eatenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Service was outstanding. A bit on the pricey side but for a special occasion I would highly recommended New York Prime. They treat you like royalty and the food is great. Steak was cooked to perfection. Nicely charred exterior and juicy tender center bursting with natural flavor. Thanks for a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful birthday dinnerEllenDined on 8/25/2014What a special place. They had a table ready for us with a birthday card and decorations when we arrived. The food was a amazing and the service incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good if you like charred steaksKimkayVIPDined on 8/22/2014The service was outstanding very attentive. The food is pretty good. Me personal I prefer Ruth Chris since they do not char their steaks as much. I hate the taste of burnt meat and even asked them not to char broil it and they said they could but, they did not. I did cut off all the sides, top, and bottom and the filet was good but, I also lost a lot of the meat doing this. The lyonnaise potatoes were good but, we did not care for the creamed spinach it had a weird seasoning in it they we did not like.
- Your BreadOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014We have enjoyed your restaurant ever since it opened. This is my husband's fav. place to celebrate his birthday. We have also celebrated some college grad. dinners with our kids. We recently had a great dinner on the 20th of August. Except for the bread choices. Having just come back from Paris, where the art of bread is celebrated: your bread tasted like you bought it at Wal-Mart. No crunch, no taste, very doughy. I would like to celebrate my husband's next birthday in August, 2015 with a wonderful, fun, party surrounded by very special friends from the MB community at your restaurant. You have to improve the quality of your bread and offer something besides butter to dip it with before I commit.Special Features:
- JaniceDined on 8/19/2014The food was outstanding. Had to wait 30 minutes even though we had a reservation. Sat for another 30 minutes before even being served water. Wine came later and a cocktail for the 3rd person came after the food! One person's food was not what was ordered. The other two had to eat while the 3rd person waited on the correct food. Check came and the wrong food was on the bill in addition to the correct order (4 meals, not 3). Both tables on each side of us had similar issues and our three tables joked about it. At the end, one talked with the management who came and said he was sorry to the other two tables. Waiting to be seated in one thing, but once they do, the waiter owns that table. Not a good $275 experience for 3.