New York Prime Steakhouse - Buckhead
3424 Peachtree Road NE Suite 100
Atlanta, GA 30326Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
New York Prime Steakhouse - Buckhead
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.newyorkprime.com/
- Phone: 4048460644x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wine Bar, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Enjoy live entertainment 7 nights a week, beginning at 6:00 p.m.
- Special Events: NY Prime is ready to make your next business luncheon a rare event. The restaurant is available for booking Monday through Friday from 11:30am to 2:30pm. Offering the full dinner menu as well as prix fixe menus that may be personalized to accommodate your needs. There are no room fees charged.
A word from New York Prime Steakhouse - Buckhead
Voted Best Steakhouse 2003-2014 + No.5 Best Restaurant, Jezebel Mag readers' and 1 of 1400 Top Restaurants in the World, Zagat 2011, NY Prime is certified to the USDA's highest standards. Enjoy thick cut steaks on the 1700-degree broiler, fresh seafood or a stiff drink in this happening Buckhead joint. Live entertainment nightly. Seasonal courtyard dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
New York Prime Steakhouse - Buckhead - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
New York Prime Steakhouse - Buckhead reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (48)romantic (32)notable wine list (28)vibrant bar scene (24)fit for foodies (23)good for groups (15)neighborhood gem (13)hot spot (11)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Our favorite place for steakLuluVIPDined on 9/13/2014Not only was the food great, as usual, but we loved the entertainer that appeared that night. We even stayed for an extra drink after dinner to enjoy the music. Really fun evening.
- My Hubby turned 40OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014The evening was perfect! The entire staff was friendly, attentive and accommodating. Our glasses were never empty, or even low. The food was cooked perfectly and the entertainer was very good as well. We had an unexpected guest show and this was handled with efficiency and professionalism that blew us away. My husband was the guest of honor and was treated as such. The young lady that was our server was outstanding and offered excellent recommendations and opinions. The entire party that joined us raved about the restaurant and we've all agreed that we will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/12/2014Surprised it allows smoking but everything else was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks, as expectedhappycamperDined on 9/6/2014We were in the mood for steak, and New York Prime did not disappoint. Great steaks, and great sides for the table - sauteed spinach, mashed potatoes and onion rings. Dessert (we had apple pie) wasn't a standout, but still tasty. Most of our party ordered cocktails to start, but I would have expected wine suggestions for the entree. Definitely caters to an older "more established" crowd, but we (of a younger generation) would go again when we are looking for a great steak dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsHadMyPhilDined on 9/2/2014NY Prime was spot on once again. Both steak and fish were excellent at our table. The only problem with the cheesecake serving is knowing to order 1 for a table of 4. It was huge. The live music was good, but perhaps a bit too loud. I go there to eat, not to hear a concert. The music should be a bit more in the background of the experience, rather than the foreground.Special Features:
- Amazing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014This restaurant by far has the best food. It might be a little on the pricey side but it is well worth the money. Great steak, amazing cheese mashed potatoes, and cheesecake to die for (even the whipped cream is amazing). Portion sizes are great sizes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedMaeMaeVIPDined on 8/28/2014VERY expensive, very smoke-filled (yes, there's smoking in the dining area), and very noisy. The waiter insisted on calling all the women m'lady. On a Thursday night, there was live music in the bar area, and dancing. That said, the steak was delicious. If this is your scene, you'll like it. Don't go if you want good steak in a quieter environment.Special Features:
- Prime DinnerRichDined on 8/26/2014Would highly recommend NY Prime. Service was engaging and prompt. Requests were met with a smile and sincerity. Food was prepared perfectly. Had 2 small issues. The music was a bit load and we were happy when singer took a break. We were surprised upon entering the restaurant and found smoking at the bar. However once seated the smoke was really not evident.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodgoodfoodDined on 8/23/2014Great service, great food. We brought our own bottle of wine and paid the corkage fee. Expensive but worth it for a special occasion. Ice cream dessert was good....but the coffee was the best I have had in a very long time (even decaf).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentFoodie4VIPDined on 8/22/2014Excellent service paired with perfectly prepared steaks. The waiter was incredibly attentive without hovering. Steaks were perfectly prepared as were the salads and sides. Excellent!Special Features:
- Cigar smoke ruins the atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/19/2014We were not prepared for the cigar smoke in the restaurant, nor the fact that the smoke lingered on our clothing after we returned home. The food and service were excellent, but we will not return.
- Always A Great MealtpatlantaVIPDined on 8/12/2014Our group of 17 was treated wonderfully. The service level was commendable. My only reservation about this place is the cigar smoke. Just beware the bar area allows for cigar smoking and there is no partition between the bar and dining room. Our group was ok with it, but someone sensitive to smoke would not be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experiencenotacitygirlDined on 8/9/2014Although we had difficulties finding the parking for this restaurant, both of the managing partners that were there the night we dined were extremely helpful -one even went outside the restaurant to help us find the restaurant. Once inside we were thoroughly pleased with every aspect of the experience. My husband's steak was the best he's every had (he's somewhat of a steak fanatic) and my lobster risotto was delicious! The ambiance was perfect, we sat close together in a booth that was roomy and our waitress was attentive. We've definitely found our "place" to go for special occasions. And to think I wanted to cancel our reservations when we couldn't find the entrance to the restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvtodineoutVIPDined on 8/7/2014The food and service were good; however, we would not return because there are other great steak places in Atlanta where you do not have to put up with cigar smoke from the bar. Also, since the bar area is so close to the dining area, the noise level at the bar spills over into the dining area. The night we were there the bar crowd was rowdy and started singing out loud which made dinner conversation difficult. This was not the kind of dining atmosphere we expected.Special Features:
- Fantastic bar and restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014My husband and his friends like being able to have a cigar at the bar and I love the mashed potatoes and spinach.Special Features:
- You might want to know....jdhueymdVIPDined on 8/4/2014This is a great restaurant. The filet was succulent, the service was excellent, and this was a great place for an anniversary dinner with my wife. We didn't realize, however, that it is a cigar bar with a heavy tobacco smell. We did not bring our kids (like we often do), but I suspect that kids are not allowed in the establishment. Otherwise, it really was an overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeKevoDined on 7/29/2014As always the food and staff exceeded our expectations. Request Benjamin he is a great server.Special Features:
- Not what it used to be.LilburnFoodieDined on 7/23/2014I took my dad here as a belated Father's Day dinner while he was in town along with my daughter. It had been years since we had been here and both had favorable memories of the food. We all left disappointed. I order the baked shrimp appetizer for us and we all thought they were over cooked and chewy. When our waitress finally came by after an extended period of time for a follow up and she asked how everything was I told her that the shrimp were overcooked and on the verge of being overly garlicy. Her response was "oh, okay." and she turned around and walked away. Not even an offer to remedy the situation in any way and it never was. When our steaks arrived and our 3 sides, they all seemed under seasoned and lacking flavor. Disappointing
- ExcellentDiningwithkidsDined on 7/19/2014We had a great night. The service was beyond what we expected and the food was delicious. The live music is a nice touch too. Definitely a vibrant atmosphere, but it wasn't overwhelming. I have also read some critical comments of the cigar bar smells in the dining room. We sat in close proximity to the bar and we did not notice any cigar smell during our meal. We would highly recommend dinner here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good steakhouseFoodiemomDined on 7/19/2014Everyone said the steaks were delicious. The sea bass is excellent and probably enough for two. Parking in the garage is a pain, definitely valet if you can. The cheesecake was great.
- luvinlifeVIPDined on 7/18/2014Absolutely the BEST "steak and seafood" restaurant in Atlanta. Prime! Number 1! We celebrate anything here! Never had anything but an exceptional experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited menu, but good steakJohnPDined on 7/18/2014The menu is limited, but the flavors and portions are good. The service was decent. I've experienced much more attentive service at Capital Grill and other streak restaurants. Found it odd that they permitted people to wear basketball shorts and baseball caps while charging $60 for a filet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/18/2014Every time we have dined at New York Prime it has been a wonderful experience. The food, service and cocktails are first class. Bobby D runs an excellent restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOWOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014It was all good and our server Charles was great. We will certainly go back again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday eve dinnerNickDined on 7/11/2014Food was great,love the steak and the Italian chopped salad. Service was fantastic, friendly, prompt, informative. Genuinely felt welcome there.Special Features:
- Mr GDGreerDined on 7/5/2014The restaurant was nice but very hard to find especially when using your GPS. Ended up parking in the Monarch Tower parking deck in which I will add was a nightmare! With that said, the steaks are some the best we have had and you have a large choice of wines, etc. The sides are well let's just say, Shareable! All and all nice place but was a little disappointed that things were not done to make our wedding anniversary a little more special especially when reservations had been made (way) in advance. Total cost for two after tip, about $ 250.00 which included two steaks, a side of cheesy mashed potatoes, one cocktail each, two onion rings (literally), 1/4head lettuce with tomatoes (salad) and no dessert. Will we go here again? Probably not.Special Features:
- SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014Its a steakhouse and worhhy of that title. Petite NY Strip was done to perfection and tender. Cheese potatoes are awesome. Sides are plenty for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first time!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 7/4/2014My husband and I went to NY Prime for a late dinner on the Fourth of July. We were in Buckhead for the weekend and were planning to watch the fireworks. On Mondays and Fridays they have a singer, Tony. He was there that night and we had a fabulous time requesting songs and dancing. The food and service were impeccable. We had a great and and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/4/2014One of the best steaks around. Dont miss the bacon appetizer!!!Special Features:
- Better out thereNotafoodieVIPDined on 7/2/2014Good food. Very smokey, including cigars. But better steak places given the price point.
- Great steakDinnerDined on 6/28/2014Took my wife and I for our anniversary and she ordered the chicken and I ordered the ribeye steak. Both were phenomenal.Special Features:
- MickDined on 6/19/2014I hadn't been to New York Prime in a while and had forgotten what a great dining experience it is. I will definitely increase the frequency of my visits in the future. NYP is a very welcoming and warm restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent!JBABDined on 6/15/2014The food was AMAZING. Worth the money. The restaurant is beautiful. Kelly was our server and she was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2014Best Father's Meal and event ever, great seafood, the Bone-in Rib, what a hellva steak, spent two days just recalling how great it taste.Special Features:
- Business MeetingLindaVIPDined on 6/8/2014Good spot for having professional dinner meetings small group...
- Tops in Steak and ShowmanshipOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/7/2014Went to NYP as part of an anniversary celebration. Our host, Michael P., brought complimentary champagne, and our server was masterful. Glasses always full, plates disappearing without notice, courses well timed. While not inexpensive, it is on a par with all the fine steakhouses in Atlanta. You deserve a night at NYP, and take someone special. One final note, some reviews voice concern over smoke from the bar -- we had no issues with this and are sensitive to it. Let not your heart be troubled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all around.TAS000Dined on 6/7/2014We have been coming to NT Prime for over 9 years. We have NEVER had a disappointment. However, the present staff from Kelli and Michael were top notch and attended to detail. It was wife's birthday ALL enjoyed the effort put fourth.Special Features:
- Excellent!luvinlifeVIPDined on 6/6/2014Our favorite Atlanta dinning spot! We enjoyed the wonderful steaks and lobster risotto. Great service and atmosphere. Would definitely return and recommend to others. Not to be missed if in Atlanta!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/6/2014Food was great, but entire restaurant was smoky from bar.Special Features:
- NYPrime once again GREATOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/1/2014Again, the food was cooked and presented perfectly.. waiter was knowledgeable.. Tom Wolf musician on Sunday nigh is WONDERFUL... We never miss trying to make it to MYPrime when in Atlanta !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.