New York Prime Steakhouse - Buckhead
3424 Peachtree Road NE Suite 100
Atlanta, GA 30326Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
New York Prime Steakhouse - Buckhead
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.newyorkprime.com/
- Phone: 4048460644x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wine Bar, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Enjoy live entertainment 7 nights a week, beginning at 6:00 p.m.
- Special Events: NY Prime is ready to make your next business luncheon a rare event. The restaurant is available for booking Monday through Friday from 11:30am to 2:30pm. Offering the full dinner menu as well as prix fixe menus that may be personalized to accommodate your needs. There are no room fees charged.
A word from New York Prime Steakhouse - Buckhead
Voted Best Steakhouse 2003-2014 + No.5 Best Restaurant, Jezebel Mag readers' and 1 of 1400 Top Restaurants in the World, Zagat 2011, NY Prime is certified to the USDA's highest standards. Enjoy thick cut steaks on the 1700-degree broiler, fresh seafood or a stiff drink in this happening Buckhead joint. Live entertainment nightly. Seasonal courtyard dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
New York Prime Steakhouse - Buckhead - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
New York Prime Steakhouse - Buckhead reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (53)romantic (31)fit for foodies (29)notable wine list (27)vibrant bar scene (24)good for groups (18)neighborhood gem (10)hot spot (10)late-night find (6)great for lunch (1)Show More
- More than expected!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/26/2014If I lived in Atlanta, New York Prime would be my go to restaurant. We were celebrating my sons birthday and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect dinner and evening. Food was spectacular, service was excellent and the best I've experienced in a long time, and the gentlemen playing and singing was the cherry on top. I can see making this a must when I return for a visit. Thank you for exceeding my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good SteaksMangopopVIPDined on 10/21/2014If you are dying for a great steak, this is the place - at least one the better steak houses. As is often the case the sides are overly large (but you can order a smaller portion - a nice option unless you're into 2 pound baked potatoes...Service was friendly and attentive, wine list was very good. We both had filet's. Hers the 8 oz., mine the 12 oz. I started with Oysters Rockefeller. There were four large shells, filled with spinach, bread crumbs and cheese melting all together. I'm sure there was an oyster in there somewhere...I'd leave the cheese out and use a butter/cream sauce a few herbs, but that's just me. The filets were terrific; right temp., great crust. tender and juicy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Steak and Bad Steak friesTonyVIPDined on 10/18/2014I ordered the crab soup and wanted a shot of sherry on the side. I found out from the manager that they did not have any in the restaurant. For my main course, I ordered a New York Strip Steak with a hot pink center and steak fried. When my order arrived, it was well done, no hot pink center, and the steak fries were burned. I called this to the attention of my waiter and the waiter carried the steak back and later carried the fries back to be replaced. Bobby, the manager, came by and said my main course was on him. However, my steak came back quite sometime before my steak fries which dimmed my dining experience. I didn't go to New York Prime for free food, I went there for excellent food and to have a great time with my wife.Special Features:
- Consistently AwesomejeaterDined on 10/18/2014New York Prime is easily the best steakhouse, if not the best restaurant, in Atlanta. Great atmosphere, elegant, large portions, extremely attentive staff, diverse selection of steaks and seafood, and great desserts. Just consistently awesome each time I visit.Special Features:
- Another great mealPSUIthacaDined on 10/13/2014Never fails to deliver a great meal with very good service.Special Features:
- CraigDined on 10/12/2014The food was all excellent. Everyone in our party ordered steaks and they were perfectly cooked. The staff was very attentive and professional. The only negative we experienced was the cigar and cigarette smoke from the bar which is opened to the dining area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Steak & ServiceFitforlyfeVIPDined on 10/10/2014The husband & I enjoy a weekly date night and went to NY Prime ATL. Service & food were excellent. I enjoyed the Salmon & the husband had the 22oz Ribeye! Great live entertainment & very detailed wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for an OccasionDexterDined on 10/8/2014I took my husband to New York Prime Steakhouse at Buckhead for his birthday. The restaurant made arrangements for a card and complimentary dessert. The food was excellent , although the sides had to be ordered separately and were a bit expensive. The service was good and the band was really good.Special Features:
- Great date night venueGarethDined on 10/8/2014My wife and I enjoyed our date night at Prime. Great sushi and wonderful steaks.Special Features:
- Awesome date night!SarahDined on 10/4/2014Atmosphere was lively. Service was perfect. Steaks were cooked perfectly. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kudos all aroundClanceVIPDined on 9/27/2014A special thank you to New York Prime for celebrating our wedding anniversary with us. There were a few hiccups, but for the most part we enjoyed an awesome night great food and fantastic dinning experience. The host welcomed us by acknowledging our celebration and seating us promptly at our table. Our server was very friendly, attentive and engaging. The food was flavorful and presentation was superb. Only drawback was our steak was not cook to temperature and had to be returned. However, as great as the venue and staff were, they too care of the issue immediately. Overall, we were very satisfied with the entire night. It was spectacular and it would not have been possible without the crew at NY Prime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HawtDinerWizDined on 9/27/2014Possibly one of the best bone-in rib-eyes I have ever tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VigsDined on 9/26/2014Love this place. Excellent food and service. Tony Mele the singer does a great variaty of songs.Special Features:
- Love this place-hate the smokeLisaVIPDined on 9/23/2014This is arguably the best steak in all of Atlanta. The service is amazing, the sides are fantastic andbitbhas a great bar. However, they allow smoking in the bar which almost ruins everything. Other than that, it's a near perfect restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding steakOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/21/2014The steak and veal chop were some of the best in AtlantaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsnotacitygirlDined on 9/20/2014New York Prime never disappoints with it's excellent service and delicious food. Each time I leave I can't wait until the next time I go back. I had the 8 oz petite filet and my husband had the new York strip and the steaks were so tender we could cut them with our forks. I simply love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite place for steakLuluVIPDined on 9/13/2014Not only was the food great, as usual, but we loved the entertainer that appeared that night. We even stayed for an extra drink after dinner to enjoy the music. Really fun evening.
- My Hubby turned 40CeciBeiDined on 9/13/2014The evening was perfect! The entire staff was friendly, attentive and accommodating. Our glasses were never empty, or even low. The food was cooked perfectly and the entertainer was very good as well. We had an unexpected guest show and this was handled with efficiency and professionalism that blew us away. My husband was the guest of honor and was treated as such. The young lady that was our server was outstanding and offered excellent recommendations and opinions. The entire party that joined us raved about the restaurant and we've all agreed that we will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - little too much smokeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014I thought that if you serve food in Atlanta, smoking isn't allowed. However, this place is smoke filled. The food was good, and it definitely reminded me of an old fashioned NY Steakhouse. Good overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/12/2014Surprised it allows smoking but everything else was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks, as expectedhappycamperDined on 9/6/2014We were in the mood for steak, and New York Prime did not disappoint. Great steaks, and great sides for the table - sauteed spinach, mashed potatoes and onion rings. Dessert (we had apple pie) wasn't a standout, but still tasty. Most of our party ordered cocktails to start, but I would have expected wine suggestions for the entree. Definitely caters to an older "more established" crowd, but we (of a younger generation) would go again when we are looking for a great steak dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsHadMyPhilDined on 9/2/2014NY Prime was spot on once again. Both steak and fish were excellent at our table. The only problem with the cheesecake serving is knowing to order 1 for a table of 4. It was huge. The live music was good, but perhaps a bit too loud. I go there to eat, not to hear a concert. The music should be a bit more in the background of the experience, rather than the foreground.Special Features:
- Amazing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014This restaurant by far has the best food. It might be a little on the pricey side but it is well worth the money. Great steak, amazing cheese mashed potatoes, and cheesecake to die for (even the whipped cream is amazing). Portion sizes are great sizes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedMaeMaeVIPDined on 8/28/2014VERY expensive, very smoke-filled (yes, there's smoking in the dining area), and very noisy. The waiter insisted on calling all the women m'lady. On a Thursday night, there was live music in the bar area, and dancing. That said, the steak was delicious. If this is your scene, you'll like it. Don't go if you want good steak in a quieter environment.Special Features:
- Prime DinnerRichDined on 8/26/2014Would highly recommend NY Prime. Service was engaging and prompt. Requests were met with a smile and sincerity. Food was prepared perfectly. Had 2 small issues. The music was a bit load and we were happy when singer took a break. We were surprised upon entering the restaurant and found smoking at the bar. However once seated the smoke was really not evident.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodgoodfoodDined on 8/23/2014Great service, great food. We brought our own bottle of wine and paid the corkage fee. Expensive but worth it for a special occasion. Ice cream dessert was good....but the coffee was the best I have had in a very long time (even decaf).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentFoodie4VIPDined on 8/22/2014Excellent service paired with perfectly prepared steaks. The waiter was incredibly attentive without hovering. Steaks were perfectly prepared as were the salads and sides. Excellent!Special Features:
- Cigar smoke ruins the atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/19/2014We were not prepared for the cigar smoke in the restaurant, nor the fact that the smoke lingered on our clothing after we returned home. The food and service were excellent, but we will not return.
- Always A Great MealtpatlantaVIPDined on 8/12/2014Our group of 17 was treated wonderfully. The service level was commendable. My only reservation about this place is the cigar smoke. Just beware the bar area allows for cigar smoking and there is no partition between the bar and dining room. Our group was ok with it, but someone sensitive to smoke would not be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experiencenotacitygirlDined on 8/9/2014Although we had difficulties finding the parking for this restaurant, both of the managing partners that were there the night we dined were extremely helpful -one even went outside the restaurant to help us find the restaurant. Once inside we were thoroughly pleased with every aspect of the experience. My husband's steak was the best he's every had (he's somewhat of a steak fanatic) and my lobster risotto was delicious! The ambiance was perfect, we sat close together in a booth that was roomy and our waitress was attentive. We've definitely found our "place" to go for special occasions. And to think I wanted to cancel our reservations when we couldn't find the entrance to the restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvtodineoutVIPDined on 8/7/2014The food and service were good; however, we would not return because there are other great steak places in Atlanta where you do not have to put up with cigar smoke from the bar. Also, since the bar area is so close to the dining area, the noise level at the bar spills over into the dining area. The night we were there the bar crowd was rowdy and started singing out loud which made dinner conversation difficult. This was not the kind of dining atmosphere we expected.Special Features:
- Fantastic bar and restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014My husband and his friends like being able to have a cigar at the bar and I love the mashed potatoes and spinach.Special Features:
- You might want to know....jdhueymdVIPDined on 8/4/2014This is a great restaurant. The filet was succulent, the service was excellent, and this was a great place for an anniversary dinner with my wife. We didn't realize, however, that it is a cigar bar with a heavy tobacco smell. We did not bring our kids (like we often do), but I suspect that kids are not allowed in the establishment. Otherwise, it really was an overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeKevoDined on 7/29/2014As always the food and staff exceeded our expectations. Request Benjamin he is a great server.Special Features:
- Not what it used to be.LilburnFoodieDined on 7/23/2014I took my dad here as a belated Father's Day dinner while he was in town along with my daughter. It had been years since we had been here and both had favorable memories of the food. We all left disappointed. I order the baked shrimp appetizer for us and we all thought they were over cooked and chewy. When our waitress finally came by after an extended period of time for a follow up and she asked how everything was I told her that the shrimp were overcooked and on the verge of being overly garlicy. Her response was "oh, okay." and she turned around and walked away. Not even an offer to remedy the situation in any way and it never was. When our steaks arrived and our 3 sides, they all seemed under seasoned and lacking flavor. Disappointing
- ExcellentDiningwithkidsDined on 7/19/2014We had a great night. The service was beyond what we expected and the food was delicious. The live music is a nice touch too. Definitely a vibrant atmosphere, but it wasn't overwhelming. I have also read some critical comments of the cigar bar smells in the dining room. We sat in close proximity to the bar and we did not notice any cigar smell during our meal. We would highly recommend dinner here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good steakhouseFoodiemomVIPDined on 7/19/2014Everyone said the steaks were delicious. The sea bass is excellent and probably enough for two. Parking in the garage is a pain, definitely valet if you can. The cheesecake was great.
- luvinlifeVIPDined on 7/18/2014Absolutely the BEST "steak and seafood" restaurant in Atlanta. Prime! Number 1! We celebrate anything here! Never had anything but an exceptional experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited menu, but good steakJohnPDined on 7/18/2014The menu is limited, but the flavors and portions are good. The service was decent. I've experienced much more attentive service at Capital Grill and other streak restaurants. Found it odd that they permitted people to wear basketball shorts and baseball caps while charging $60 for a filet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/18/2014Every time we have dined at New York Prime it has been a wonderful experience. The food, service and cocktails are first class. Bobby D runs an excellent restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.