New York Pizza & Bar - Seattle
500 Mercer Street
Seattle, WA 98109Neighborhood:
Seattle Center / Lower Queen Anne
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
New York Pizza & Bar - Seattle
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://newyorkpizzaandbar.com/seattle-queen-anne-pizza-bar/
- Phone: (206) 913-2565x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Executive Chef Steven Thompsen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private back dining room with a flat screen TV, and seating for 40 people or a cocktail party arrangement for up to 65 people.
Check out group menus at; http://newyorkpizzaandbar.com/private-partygroup-menu/
- Private Party Contact: Darrel Roberts 206-913-2565x
- Special Events: NYP can host special events for up to 50 people. Business lunches, cocktail parties, football parties, and birthdays are just some of the special events NYP regularly hosts.
Please call and ask for a manager for help with groups of 20 or more.
A word from New York Pizza & Bar - Seattle
Scratch-made, highest quality, real food--Authentic recipes prepared with care, bold flavors. Not just pizza and even better then you expect!Continued
A little bit sports bar, a little bit family restaurant...contemporary atmosphere...New York attitude with Northwest hospitality.
A little bit sports bar, a little bit family restaurant...contemporary atmosphere...New York attitude with Northwest hospitality.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
New York Pizza & Bar - Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (7)good for groups (7)great for lunch (5)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)fit for foodies (2)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- It's always good 2 returnVissidarteVIPDined on 8/15/2014and be surrounded by staff who obviously enjoys accommodating and serving their guests. I am always impressed by the friendly hostesses! There is such a variety of foods and reasonable prices. Happy hour rocks, and their drafts sport a large and great cross-selection. The servers are knowledgeable and cheerful, even though they cover a wide area within the dining room/bar/lounge and outdoor seating. Continue your great work by keeping your customers well-fed and happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceReignFanDined on 8/9/2014We made reservations for 10:45 on opentable only to find out they stopped seating in the restaurant at 10. But since we had 2 minors with us and couldn't be in the bar, they sat us anyway and were very attentive and gracious. Happy hour to boot! Great menu and service. Perfect for after a Reign game and a night-time needle visit.Special Features:
- It's a fun and modern placeVissidarteVIPDined on 7/18/2014with great food and excellent value. Their bar is well stocked, and the selection of drafts impressive. The service is swift, and the servers are of good cheer. It's seems to be a successful operation with a happy staff and a good customer base. Their rewards program and promotions most certainly build loyalty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nick and the front staff R the BESTVissidarteVIPDined on 7/11/2014and welcome U in before U have a chance to enjoy their super pizzas and salads. It's an oasis of calm and quiet, hidden away from the Mercer Mess! What a lovely spot and great value for your $$. Well prepared and plated variety of delicious food choices! The beverage selection is amazing @ more than fair prizing! A must-try place to return again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekend brunch & Happy HourOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/28/2014We made a reservation for weekend brunch in the restaurant, thinking it would be busy because of the World Cup being televised. It was not, and I think people missed an opportunity to enjoy food and soccer in a congenial place. We had also gone into the bar for a late afternoon happy hour, which was much busier. They offered some very good happy hour deals. Note that they have 2 separate sections, the restaurant where families can dine, and the bar area which is open only to those 21+.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really great late afternoon biteihornDined on 6/21/2014I was performing at McCaw Hall and needed a place for me and some of the others to go and grab an early dinner. This was easy to get to...a quick couple-block walk across Mercer Street, but out of Seattle Center. We were seated right away and we ended up just getting several appetizers off the happy hour menu. The food was great, drinks were kept refilled, and we were done in easy time to be back to McCaw in time for the performance.Special Features:
- Nice place, great sefvoceluvgoodfoodDined on 5/30/2014We enjoyed our date night at NYP. Our waitress was so sweet and attentive and the food was great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 37 reviews are from the New York Pizza & Bar - Seattle reviews archive.
- I could come back everydayVissidarteVIPDined on 5/3/2014and enjoy the well-prepared food and great service. The hostess smiled, Holly, my waitress smiled. Their enthusiasm and kindness on my birthday will long be remembered. It's a relaxing place with wonderful food and drink choices. It's a great place, whether you are solo or with a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need more serversMollieVIPDined on 2/22/2014My best friend and I came for brunch, which included a bottomless mimosa. While the food was excellent, our mimosa glasses were very slow to be refilled. There were a lot of diners in the restaurant, and it looked like 99% of them were also having the bottomless mimosa. There were not enough servers for the amount of diners, and the bar had run out of glasses. We're not sure if this particular Saturday was more crowded than usual, but we were disappointed and didn't feel we got our monies worth out of our bottomless mimosa. We will, however, try again to see if this was the exception, and not the rule. We enjoyed the atmosphere and friendly staff very much.Special Features:
- We got to the restaurant duringOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/19/2014We got to the restaurant during weekday Happy Hour and were pleasantly surprised with the menu of items - Good bargain. Restaurant had plenty of seating so no large crowds. We had calamari, steak bites, cobb salad, and wings. Steak bites were delicious on a properly cooked crostini (not extremely crispy that breaks apart with every bite). Wings were a disappointment with the sauce dominating any chicken flavor. Overall, I would return and try other menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the waitFoodloverDined on 2/15/2014My husband and I used a groupon for brunch with bottomless mimosas, they sat us in the bar, even though I had made reservations, the bar is huge and only had one waitress, there was no way she could keep up with the amount of people in there. We sat there for 45 minutes when finally she came up and asked if we got our food yet when we told her no she said "that's what I thought, everyone kept telling me you ate already" so then she apologized and went to figure out what was happening, then the manager walked over and didn't apologize, just said "your food should be popping out shortly" whatever that means, when we finally got it both our meals were cold my eggs were way over cooked and potatoes were way undercooked! I wouldn't not go back
- Great brunch!No3GalDined on 2/15/2014Don't let the name fool you. They have a terrific brunch! Bottomless mimosas, delicious omelettes and a Latin-inspired biscuits with gravy!Special Features:
- Fun place to eat before a night outLaur101Dined on 2/14/2014GREAT SERVICE! We went here before going out (around 9 during happy hour!). The pizzas were 5 dollars (along with a few other food items) and drinks were 5 or 6 dollars. They have AMAZING martini shakers and awesome dessert shooter drinks. The food was pretty good and ridiculously cheap. Between 2 and 6 and again 9-close they have these awesome deals. Also all Sunday. Even not during happy hour it has a great environment and is fun for groups and even dates :) At night its quiet to moderate noise level, not sure about the day.dSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They don't have brunch down yet...FansVIPDined on 2/8/2014We had been to this location before and had a great experience but the food was not so great. This time, we waited forever to get our food and drinks and when it arrived, it was cold. Not warm but cold. Our server took it back and brought another plate of eggs Benedict and the eggs were completely overcooked and the pork was still ... cold. Our server was extremely apologetic and comped our ticket. We completely understood that it was not her fault at all. She ended up asking the kitchen to prepare simple scrambled eggs and they arrived hot. One of us ordered a pizza and it was delicious but also not hot. So one out of three meals was good. We will still go back and try this again. The atmosphere is lovely and the service great.
- Go hungry, leave full and satisfiedMichelleVBDined on 2/2/2014Great pizzas! Very fresh and no skimping on the toppings. The hard part is picking which one! The individual size is a generous serving, which is usually not the case. Kid meals were good portions as well. Even though the kid meals were the usually stuff (mac and cheese, grilled chicken, chicken tenders, etc), they were much higher quality and perfect portion size.Special Features:
- Great service, good foodMegsterEatsDined on 1/19/2014My boyfriend and I went here for brunch with a living social deal including bottomless Mimosas. The food was good, though my Benedict was not very warm. The service was great, our waitress was very friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch that hit the spot!nativenancyDined on 1/12/2014I had a delicious pulled pork breakfast item that had just enough heft and was light enough to enjoy a nice bloody mary on the side. Great service, very attentive without being intrusive. Just the right balance of friendly and professional.Special Features:
- Great spot for the gamemattgDined on 1/5/2014Great atmosphere to watch the game in the bar or dining area - really enjoyed the attentive wait staff and thought the food tasted excellent.Special Features:
- New Year's Eve SurpriseLucyDined on 12/31/2013We were looking for an informal place to pre-party and get a bite to eat - this place was perfect. Calamari and Greek pizza we had were great and good selection of beer on tap. We will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow Service, Few ItemsbeckmmDined on 12/18/2013I came here with a group of 12 for a work happy hour after a previous happy hour a few months prior where we had great service and a lot of options. This time I was rather disappointed. There didn't seem to be too many people in the bar (on a Tuesday) and plenty of wait staff, yet there were very long wait times between ordering and the drinks, water and food arriving. Quite a few people at the table complained. They were also out of a lot of items and only had 2 or 3 beers that were even available on tap. The first visit was excellent and I gave them 5 stars, so I'm sorry to say that this visit was a letdown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumRedheadedbasketgirlyDined on 12/16/2013We went for dinner and the appetizer Baked Fromaggio was delish. Very good flavor to the marinara and it was melty and bubbly on top after a quick broiler session. Hubby loved the prime rib sandwich and my veggie sandwich was goo too. And wow the Cinnamon Whiskey hot Chocolate made me all warm and cozy. Our waitress was sweet and kept checking on us and made sure we were taken care of. Well, it was so good we had to go back the next afternoon for lunch so I could have the Eggnog Creme Brûlée. Another awesome Meal. Both times we had the same waitress and she was great. Needs to be patted on the back for her customer service skills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to watch a game!FansVIPDined on 12/8/2013The service was great and the SeaHawks game was on so it was packed but the atmosphere was cheerful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family day at the BalletkmroodDined on 12/8/2013We enjoyed a fabolous meal before enjoying the NutcrackerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, medium service.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/8/2013While the staff were very friendly and personable, the service was slow and insufficient. We were a group including children and often had to wait for things such as water glasses to be refilled, the salad dressing to follow the serving of the salad, etc.Special Features:
- Great Brunch Experiencefarr76Dined on 11/30/2013We used a Living Social Coupon for Brunch for two with bottomless Mimosas and it was excellent. The food was well prepared and tasty and the choices were great!Special Features:
- Great FindGerbearDined on 11/15/2013Great food, many choices, Very pleasant staff. Attentive and prompt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food cold and average quality.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2013Food cold and average quality. Good location and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty GoodlikesmimosasDined on 11/10/2013We went for brunch with an amazon local deal, which was really great. The food was pretty good and they had some interesting menu options. They were out of some things and it was a bit loud because of a seahawks game but overall it was a good experience. There was free parking which made it convenient to get to, especially for being located in Queen Anne. If I was in the area I would definitely go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Deal, Value, and FoodChrisDined on 10/27/2013We had a party of three for Sunday Brunch with bottomless Mimosas and we were blown away by the friendliness and energy of everyone working there. The food was excellent, a great take on Gumbo, the Eggs Benedict was perfectly Cooked and flavorful and the Carnivore Pizza could not have been made any better from the crust to the ingredients. I would recommend New York Pizza Restaurant and Bar to a wide range of friends, family and coworkers that I know would find something delectable without a problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, service was greatFansVIPDined on 10/27/2013This was our first time at NYP. The free underground parking is great since it is located Downtown where parking can be challenging. Our food came out cold and our server Katy immediately took it back and had it freshly prepared. Unfortunately it came out lukewarm the second time but we still enjoyed it. It was very tasty. Our service was excellent. Katy was friendly and took care of the problem with our food in a very professional fashion, notified the manager and offered us dessert. We would definitely return. There is a sports bar on one side where guests can enjoy TV's that is a louder environment and the other side is a quiet, well (lowly) lit restaurant with a nice and quiet ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something For EveryoneBAnnDined on 10/19/2013Yes, you can please everyone. We had a family birthday dinner here with a mix of picky kids and adventurous adults and everyone found something on the menu that was up their alley. Throw in a fun and attentive server and our night was made!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placekaylaDined on 8/7/2013I appreciate that there are happy hour options and the drinks are great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza was not remarkable.computercwVIPDined on 7/27/2013Pizza was not remarkable. Hoping for better but got more of the same.Special Features:
- I made a reservation for abeckmmDined on 5/21/2013I made a reservation for a group of 10. We arrived late, and everything was set-up and ready for us. The server was great - very attentive and made sure everyone was happy. The food and drinks were all great, not to mention great happy hour prices. When it came to the bill, she miraculously got everyone's check right and delivered to the right person without having to ask.Special Features:
- The food was AMAZING! MyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013The food was AMAZING! My husband is gluten free and it's hard to find decent tasting pizza; he said New York Pizza and Bar's gf pizza is the BEST he has ever had! This is a huge praise from him. Service was quick and pleasant. The food speaks for itself. A definite place to frequent in our book.Special Features:
- Good food great Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 4/19/2013Menu had a combination of fast food items including pizzas, warps, burgers, pastas, Stromboli etc etc. Good for vegetarians, as they do make custom-made food. Beer collection on tap is also good. Would strongly recommend this place for fast food items.Special Features:
- A great space for large groups.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/15/2013A great space for large groups. Food was good and fairly fast.Special Features:
- Outstanding Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/14/2013Excellent service and outstanding food! Can hardly wait to go back soon.Special Features:
- Great staff drinks were wellOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/10/2013Great staff drinks were well made. .our new favorite place to go!Special Features:
- Ok for what it is. DecentPhillyPhoodieVIPDined on 3/9/2013Ok for what it is. Decent pizza. Variety of wines by the glass. Don't expect miracles.