New York Grill
950 Ontario Mills Drive
Ontario, CA 91764Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
New York Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.newyorkgrill.com/
- Phone: 9099871928
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Sergio Vargas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Drop-Off Catering Available
- Private Party Facilities: INVITE YOUR GUESTS TO NEW YORK FOR YOUR NEXT EVENT Celebrate in style! The New York Grill is The Inland Empire’s premier meeting place. Four tastefully appointed banquet rooms afford you an elegant and impressive setting for any special event. Whether private, semi-private, small or large, business, pleasure or milestone, we can accommodate your party and transform our entire restaurant to meet your specific needs. From live music to essential conference and seminar needs, we cater to your every request. Customized menus feature prime steaks, Australian lobster tail, garlic-roasted chicken, rack of lamb, prime rib, fresh seafood specialties and dramatic desserts. Our on-site banquet coordinator assures you the finest service and care throughout the entire process of planning your event.
- Private Party Contact: Jasmine Merrikh-Lopez 9099871928
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Pianist Appear Thursday, Friday, and Saturday Nights 6pm 'til Close. Sundays 5pm until close.
A word from New York Grill
Established in 1998, the New York Grill brings the dynamic style and taste of New York City's finest restaurants to the Inland Empire. Sophisticated without being stuffy, classic yet not confining, the New York Grill is the premier destination for those who appreciate fine dining, marvelous atmosphere and outstanding service. Innovative and distinctive fare comprises our menu. Our chefs begin with the finest and freshest ingredients to create exceptional dishes. We proudly feature Meyers Natural Beef, Pure and simple; Meyers Natural is the best tasting beef available. Cattle are raised naturally and humanely to deliver premium beef with exceptional juiciness, tenderness and flavor. The décor blends rich mahogany, polished marble and supple leather in a beautiful, alluring setting. Soft lighting, candles, and live performances by world-renowned jazz artists complement your dining experience. Expect to be pampered by our professional service staff.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
New York Grill - Best Restaurants in Ontario ›
New York Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (37)romantic (27)notable wine list (22)good for groups (12)fit for foodies (11)neighborhood gem (8)great for lunch (6)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- 17 yr old twins bdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Our server, Rueben, was absolutely fantastic! Very, very attentive during our entire visit. We wanted to take our kids to a nice restaurant for their birthday. NYGh fit the bill perfectly with the exception of the food. It just wasn't great. Prime rib looked blah, tasted bland. Filet mignon was ok. Mashed potatoes were very large clumps of potatoes. Salmon was great! Half priced bottles of wine was an unexpected pleasure.
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Like other viewers said. It wasn't packed when we went in a Saturday night but it was fabulous! My Hubbs and I spent our 14 year anniversary there with candlelight, wine, a piano player. We loves it! There was a wait on the food but when it came out it was good. The steak was cooked just right and rice came out better than the mashed potatoes in my opinion. The veggies were perfect and my roasted chicken was quite tasty. We already have plans to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Order a SteakRoadWarriorVIPDined on 9/9/2014Went there for a business dinner with a key client. Service was decent but could not overcome absolutely lousy food. Whole table ordered tenderloin filets which for most part, were poor cuts of meat and were not cooked to order. This is not a high caliber steak house by any measure. Thankful we kept the wine flowing for our client's sake.
- Very NiceTyroneRSDined on 9/7/2014It was a Sunday evening, so, there were few people dining. The service was excellent without being obtrusive. I have been there several times and it never disappoints. It will remain at the top of my list...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kids mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014my son ordered pasta with tomato sauce, there were so many hot red pepper flakes he couldn't eat it. The waitress was so kind and took if off the bill, but then I had to share mine with my son.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/2/2014Service is great. Meal selection and quality is superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014We returned to the New York Grill with two of our friends and had another great experience. The food, service, ambiance were all excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Very nice dining experience. Excellent food and service. This is the second time around and I find this restaurant to be very good for both lunch and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific as UsualLove2DineOutDined on 8/27/2014As always, the food is fabulous and the service is personal and prompt. The wine list is terrific and there is a nice selection of beers too. Linda is wonderful, as is Javier. We have always had a great experience at NY Grill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worst service I ever hadOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2014I have been going to the NY grill for th last 7 years and I have always recieved great, but this time I got the worst service I ever got in a fine dinning restaurant, service was lousy and food took long. I will never go back there.
- Wonderful!Love2DineDined on 8/2/2014The food was fabulous as always! The service (which is not always fabulous) was excellent! Luis was perfect in every way. He was professional, accomodating, attentive (without hovering), he had perfect timing and a good sense of humor. I will be requesting him every time!Special Features:
- Great first impressionGregCDined on 7/26/2014We had not dined here before and was very pleasantly surprised. This has the food, service and ambiance of a LA scene establishment or any other big city steakhouse. The staff was very accommodating especially with one of my guests having some very specific food requests. We also had to send something back and it was handled without question or comment. We will definitely be back. Pricing was in line with expectations and service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Ziggy's ReviewZiggyDined on 7/21/2014We went to New York Grill for our 25th Wedding Anniversary. We went early, but the restaurant was very clean quiet. Our main waiter was not the best, as he did not offer any extras, appetizers, wine, add-ons with dinner etc. His assistant, or co waiter was very attentive and made appropriate small talk. The food was superb, and we had an excellent time. We would recommend this restaurant highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome romantic dinner spotdavidhaightDined on 7/18/2014Great service..i really wish i wouldve remembered the name of our waitress(female/white/40-50 years of age) she was fantastic!! Attentive without being pushy. Fast and professional.the atmosphere is calm and relaxing..i really dug the piano player also..he played some classic sergio mendez tunes while we were there. The fillet mignon was cooked to perfection and appetizer(spinach and artichoke dip) was soooo good! The portions were very generous..couldnt finish it all..so you definitly get your moneys worth. My wife also ordered some martinis and she had nothing but awesome things to say about them. This is a great spot to take your special someone on a special night..very romantic and peaceful. Good job guys!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Linda, our server, was excellent! She new the menu very well and gave very good recommendations from the wine list that complimented that the meals.Special Features:
- GreatLike2dineoutDined on 7/16/2014Service was good. the food was prepared well and looked great. the restaurant was clean, well laid out, formal, however, it was comfortable and the atmosphere was pleasant. I would highly recommend this restaurant anyone that is entertaining out of town guest, business associates, clients, and/or family/friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in AmericaFoodieKazDined on 7/12/2014The food is always perfect and Linda is an amazing server. I travel all over North America dining out and New York Grill always impresses me.Special Features:
- No foodNofoodDined on 7/5/2014We sat down it 6:15. We did not get our food till 7:45 .our Cher concert was at 8:00. Too slow for food
- Not as good as last timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014EXCELLENT FOOD! BUT......No live jazz entertainment as advertised. The waitress was rather plane and looked more like a bus boy and the bus boys looked and acted more well mannered then the host, manager, and waitress combined. During the wine taste test, I chose the opposite wine then what was poured? There were three other groups within the dining room while we were dining. The group of five took out there I phone and started playing explicit Utube videos loud enough to hear from the opposite side of the dining room. All of the employees chose to act like it wasn't happening. Im not uptight and ill drink a whiskey in a hole, but I thought I was treating my wife to a $300 fine dining experience not a $300 dinner at Sizzler.Special Features:
- Awesome EatsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/26/2014The food was excellent! Best steak and lobster we ever had. The desert was amazing too! We had the creme brûlée. Nothing but good things to say about this place. The staff is excellent as well. We will defintely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/24/2014Took my wife there for our anniversary. The staff was great and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014Customer service was excellent I had a reservation for 7:15pm and we got there at 6:55 and we were sat at our table fast. The good was awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall happylilgipprDined on 6/20/2014We really enjoy NY Grill whenever we dine there. We recommend it to friends who are looking for good food at responsible prices, if you're looking for something above the average. My only disappointment was that I noted that it was my husband's birthday but nothing was done about it.Special Features:
- New York GrillDaddyDayOutDined on 6/14/2014I made reservations online. My party was seated promptly in a booth as requested. Luis or Server was very professional and polite. My veal selection didn't state it had the bone-in if I recall correctly. Steak was pretty good though. My party liked the ambience and look. I suggest a larger selection of non alcoholic drinks. Not a fan of the strawberry lemonade flavor. I would/will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time and we'll be back!ProducerGuyDined on 6/10/2014My wife and I celebrated our 42nd anniversary here, and it being our first time dining at this restaurant we were hoping the food, service and ambiance would not disappoint. I'm happy to report that we were more than pleased on all accounts and will probably be celebrating our 43rd at New York Grill next year. Cheers!Special Features:
- Wine ListGlennDined on 6/6/2014Excellent wine list with great prices. The two bottles I purchased were only slightly higher than retail.Special Features:
- New York Grill DeliversCTBTMVIPDined on 5/21/2014Good wait staff, dynamite steaks and decent wine list make for a very nice dinner. I happen to be in town for a business dinner and I was not disappointed. Steak was cooked perfectly!Special Features:
- The following 47 reviews are from the New York Grill reviews archive.
- Mother's day dinner.....NewThings1Dined on 5/11/2014Excellent service, great atmosphere. They truly give Fleming's a run for their money!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and ElegantYorkeystylDined on 5/11/2014I've been here several times, the steaks are always fantastic. This time was no exception, the steak was cooked perfectly and tasted amazing. The wine pairing was spot on as well. I highly recommend this restaurant for any special or casual occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bad service killed itYesiVIPDined on 5/10/2014Good first impression but once the server came over everything went downhill. Never introduced herself. Once food the came to the table she never once checked to see if we needed anything and when we did we had to flag down the bus boy and it took 3 times of having to ask before he eventually brought it. It wasn't that busy so I couldn't understand why the service would be so bad. I expect a lot more when I pay that much for dinner. We didn't even get the dessert tray presented to the table. The food was good the place was nice but I know other places that treat their customers better. Oh well, there won't be a next time that's for sure. The whole experience was very uncomfortable and we did not feel welcome at all.Special Features:
- New York GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/7/2014Outstanding service and atmosphere, excellent menu. Will definitely dine there again.Special Features:
- Ambience Is The Strong SuitPivotfootDined on 5/6/2014The ambience of the New York Grill reminded me of the elegant dining rooms in The City when I was growing up in the 1950s and 60s. The food menu is good and varied in seafood,steak,pasta dishes,and vegetarian selection. The food is good and the quality of the food is always consistent. The service I received on this visit was spotty so I rated it only fair. On my previous visits the service has been outstanding.The New York Grill is a good place to go for romantic dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Fine SteakhouseMikeFromCOVIPDined on 5/3/2014We celebrated my son's graduation dinner here. Being from out of town I was a bit skeptical about a steakhouse in a shopping center but those concerns were quickly set aside. The expected dark woods and white linens along with a surprise live piano player provided nice ambiance. Service was attentive without being pretentious. Food was excellent. Prices were better than expected. Would definitely return if in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice!Cad65Dined on 5/3/2014Heard a lot of good things and decided to give it a try. Worth it!Special Features:
- Wonderful Food & AtmosphereDJshmilyDined on 5/2/2014New York Grill offered a romantic setting with wonderful food and service. The staff was attentive, kind and communicated the arrival of items such as appetizers and entrees - always ensuring filled drinks. The food was delicious and the portions are rather large, allowing for leftovers and a meal the next day. It was our first time here, and we will definitely come back. I highly recommend this restaurant for anniversaries, birthdays, etc.Special Features:
- For Ambience, Avoid TV RoomavoidtheTVDined on 4/26/2014For the most part, we had a wonderful dinner, and our server Luis was top notch. However, unless you're part of a group on game night, avoid being seated in the wing with the large flat-screen television if you want a romantic New York Grill experience, especially if a game is on. It is in a wing apart from the rest of the restaurant, it is lit like a standard sit-down establishment, and you miss out on seeing the wonderful singer and piano entertainment. Also, there's probably going to be one sports knucklehead yelling at the tv.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/19/2014"I love the relaxed feel of this place – the service and food were wonderful, we enjoyed the piano music during dinner so much we plan to return.Special Features:
- DinnerDaveDined on 4/19/2014I found this restaraunt years ago and keep coming back. I have never had a bad meal here. The rib-eye steak was tender with much flavor. I will continue to return to the businessSpecial Features:
- GREAT DINNERque382Dined on 4/16/2014Had a great time and the dinner was fantastic. Everyone who serve us was great. Definitely, will dime there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New York! New York!food4thoughtDined on 4/12/2014I really loved the piano playing, food and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.