New York Grill
950 Ontario Mills Drive
Ontario, CA 91764Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
New York Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.newyorkgrill.com/
- Phone: (909) 987-1928
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Sergio Vargas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Drop-Off Catering Available
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Pianist Appear Thursday, Friday, and Saturday Nights 6pm 'til Close. Sundays 5pm until close.
A word from New York Grill
Established in 1998, the New York Grill brings the dynamic style and taste of New York City's finest restaurants to the Inland Empire. Sophisticated without being stuffy, classic yet not confining, the New York Grill is the premier destination for those who appreciate fine dining, marvelous atmosphere and outstanding service. Innovative and distinctive fare comprises our menu. Our chefs begin with the finest and freshest ingredients to create exceptional dishes. We proudly feature Meyers Natural Beef, Pure and simple; Meyers Natural is the best tasting beef available. Cattle are raised naturally and humanely to deliver premium beef with exceptional juiciness, tenderness and flavor. The décor blends rich mahogany, polished marble and supple leather in a beautiful, alluring setting. Soft lighting, candles, and live performances by world-renowned jazz artists complement your dining experience. Expect to be pampered by our professional service staff.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
New York Grill - Best Restaurants in Ontario ›
New York Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (32)romantic (24)good for groups (14)notable wine list (14)fit for foodies (10)neighborhood gem (8)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (4)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- very nice placeluckytoeathere1Dined on 11/22/2014food was fantastic, a little pricy, service was wonderful, nice palce to have a quite drink and dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let Down... :(jldbDined on 11/21/2014Atmosphere was okay but nothing to bring me back or to refer. The food presentation was great but food lacked any flavor. I dined here some years ago but couldn't remember why I didn't return. Now I do. Again, ambiance is okay but lacking tasty food.
- dissappointed this timeBubs47Dined on 11/18/2014I've been here many times and have always enjoyed a quiet atmosphere, good food and excellent service, so I was a bit disappointed at this visit when noise levels were thru the roof, and service was spotty at best. The food was still excellent, although the wait for it to arrive was rather long and wait-staff attendance was minimal. I'll come back, but probably won't bring a large business group as I did this time, since business was almost impossible to discuss despite my request for a table way from most of the clatter.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant ..terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014My husband and I love Ny Grill but this time the service was not so great. It took forever to get anything. We sat down and took forever for anyone to come around to even offer us water. We were both convinced our waiter was on something bc it wasn't normal timing for everything. We ordered a glass of wine, pelogrino, lobster tempura appetizer, vegetable soup, bone in filet and filet/lobster combo, took forever to get the glass of wine. Once we placed my order my husband forgot to order a side of mushrooms and I heard him clearly say "side" the waist brought the mushroom appetizer. How many appetizers do you tinny a table of 2 can order? Wouldn't you at least double check? Fine dining not so much. This waiter needs some training ASAP. We will be back but this visit really left a bad taste in my mouth not bc of he food but the waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiegoMPSDined on 11/11/2014Excellent food, great service and a respectable wine list. I read a few negative reviews and could not understand what people were talking about. We had a limited time to get in and out to make a flight. The service was excellent and the food was prepared in a timely fashion and was very good. I'll drop by next time I'm in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak!!!beckahljoeDined on 11/8/2014The steak is wonderful! I got the filet, and it was very tender and tasty!! The vegetables were cooked perfectly!! We hadn't eat here in a few years, and we're very happy to see that the waitress was the same lovely woman, we had had in the past. We won't wait so long to come back!Special Features:
- Great Food and Excellent ServicemvegabDined on 11/4/2014Our Steak was cooked to perfection and the quality of all the courses was top tier. Service attentive and knowledgeableSpecial Features:
- savor every biteOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/30/2014Enjoyed a very delicious business dinner. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone for any reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good food!Cad65Dined on 10/25/2014We always order too much because everything is so good!Special Features:
- Nice treatBigCheeseDined on 10/24/2014The food is great. The service was great. A bit pricey, but great for date night with my wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatfood4dinnerDined on 10/16/2014Food is consistently good with options for everyoneSpecial Features:
- First but Not last time!!DrCdDined on 10/9/2014Greeted pleasantly, reservation was ready on time, nice comfy booth. Beautiful but not stuffy interior. Wife had the shrimp pasta, great flavor and cooked perfectly. I had the 18oz boneless ribeye, cooked perfect MR. Ordered sauteed mushrooms and the server asked if I would like to try the "sizzling mushrooms" with olive oil, she said the used to be on the menu but they still make them and she recommended them. Well the mushrooms were out of this world delicious and really made the meal. Wine list was reasonably priced and great selection. Above all, the service was friendly, not overbearing and the food was delivered so hot we had to let it cool a bit, so important. Our first but not last to this lovely place!Special Features:
- Terrible serviceunhappyDined on 10/1/2014On 10/1/2014, The service was terrible. We waited for more than an hour and did not have any entrees coming out from kitchen except bread, soup and salad, even Soup and salad took 45 minutes to serve. we had 6 people on that day and waited and waited. Checked with waitress 3 times and all she said was food was coming but apparently, she lied to me because I did not get any thing. Some People came after us even got their food. I was wandering what happened. It is a shame that New York Grill has that terrible service. Even though General Manager from New York Grill called to apologize, it already affects this restaurant image
- NOT GOODneveragainDined on 9/30/2014The food was not worth the price. I have had better steaks at The Claim Jumper. Service was slow. Mashed potatoes were bland and tasteless. I will not be returning nor recommending. $325.00 for a party of 5. With no drinks. $65.00 a plate. Come on man..... With online confirmation of reservations for Tuesday 9/30/14. Restaurant had our reservation for Tuesday the 10/07/14.
- Not impressedlunchdateDined on 9/18/2014I took a client here for lunch and the place smelled badly of windex. Our bread played were all dirty and when I got my drink I found something floating in it. We got there right when they opened for lunch and service was very slow. The food was ok but nothing amazing. They just seemed liked everyone walked into work late or something. The smell of windex was very over whelming and it really distracted our lunch.
- 17 yr old twins bdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Our server, Rueben, was absolutely fantastic! Very, very attentive during our entire visit. We wanted to take our kids to a nice restaurant for their birthday. NYGh fit the bill perfectly with the exception of the food. It just wasn't great. Prime rib looked blah, tasted bland. Filet mignon was ok. Mashed potatoes were very large clumps of potatoes. Salmon was great! Half priced bottles of wine was an unexpected pleasure.
- Great FindJaeBirdDined on 9/13/2014Like other viewers said. It wasn't packed when we went in a Saturday night but it was fabulous! My Hubbs and I spent our 14 year anniversary there with candlelight, wine, a piano player. We loves it! There was a wait on the food but when it came out it was good. The steak was cooked just right and rice came out better than the mashed potatoes in my opinion. The veggies were perfect and my roasted chicken was quite tasty. We already have plans to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Order a SteakRoadWarriorVIPDined on 9/9/2014Went there for a business dinner with a key client. Service was decent but could not overcome absolutely lousy food. Whole table ordered tenderloin filets which for most part, were poor cuts of meat and were not cooked to order. This is not a high caliber steak house by any measure. Thankful we kept the wine flowing for our client's sake.
- Very NiceTyroneRSDined on 9/7/2014It was a Sunday evening, so, there were few people dining. The service was excellent without being obtrusive. I have been there several times and it never disappoints. It will remain at the top of my list...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kids mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014my son ordered pasta with tomato sauce, there were so many hot red pepper flakes he couldn't eat it. The waitress was so kind and took if off the bill, but then I had to share mine with my son.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/2/2014Service is great. Meal selection and quality is superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014We returned to the New York Grill with two of our friends and had another great experience. The food, service, ambiance were all excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Very nice dining experience. Excellent food and service. This is the second time around and I find this restaurant to be very good for both lunch and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific as UsualLove2DineOutDined on 8/27/2014As always, the food is fabulous and the service is personal and prompt. The wine list is terrific and there is a nice selection of beers too. Linda is wonderful, as is Javier. We have always had a great experience at NY Grill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worst service I ever hadOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2014I have been going to the NY grill for th last 7 years and I have always recieved great, but this time I got the worst service I ever got in a fine dinning restaurant, service was lousy and food took long. I will never go back there.
- Wonderful!Love2DineDined on 8/2/2014The food was fabulous as always! The service (which is not always fabulous) was excellent! Luis was perfect in every way. He was professional, accomodating, attentive (without hovering), he had perfect timing and a good sense of humor. I will be requesting him every time!Special Features:
- The following 63 reviews are from the New York Grill reviews archive.
- Great first impressionGregCDined on 7/26/2014We had not dined here before and was very pleasantly surprised. This has the food, service and ambiance of a LA scene establishment or any other big city steakhouse. The staff was very accommodating especially with one of my guests having some very specific food requests. We also had to send something back and it was handled without question or comment. We will definitely be back. Pricing was in line with expectations and service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Ziggy's ReviewZiggyDined on 7/21/2014We went to New York Grill for our 25th Wedding Anniversary. We went early, but the restaurant was very clean quiet. Our main waiter was not the best, as he did not offer any extras, appetizers, wine, add-ons with dinner etc. His assistant, or co waiter was very attentive and made appropriate small talk. The food was superb, and we had an excellent time. We would recommend this restaurant highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome romantic dinner spotdavidhaightDined on 7/18/2014Great service..i really wish i wouldve remembered the name of our waitress(female/white/40-50 years of age) she was fantastic!! Attentive without being pushy. Fast and professional.the atmosphere is calm and relaxing..i really dug the piano player also..he played some classic sergio mendez tunes while we were there. The fillet mignon was cooked to perfection and appetizer(spinach and artichoke dip) was soooo good! The portions were very generous..couldnt finish it all..so you definitly get your moneys worth. My wife also ordered some martinis and she had nothing but awesome things to say about them. This is a great spot to take your special someone on a special night..very romantic and peaceful. Good job guys!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Linda, our server, was excellent! She new the menu very well and gave very good recommendations from the wine list that complimented that the meals.Special Features:
- GreatLike2dineoutDined on 7/16/2014Service was good. the food was prepared well and looked great. the restaurant was clean, well laid out, formal, however, it was comfortable and the atmosphere was pleasant. I would highly recommend this restaurant anyone that is entertaining out of town guest, business associates, clients, and/or family/friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in AmericaFoodieKazVIPDined on 7/12/2014The food is always perfect and Linda is an amazing server. I travel all over North America dining out and New York Grill always impresses me.Special Features:
- No foodNofoodDined on 7/5/2014We sat down it 6:15. We did not get our food till 7:45 .our Cher concert was at 8:00. Too slow for food
- Not as good as last timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014EXCELLENT FOOD! BUT......No live jazz entertainment as advertised. The waitress was rather plane and looked more like a bus boy and the bus boys looked and acted more well mannered then the host, manager, and waitress combined. During the wine taste test, I chose the opposite wine then what was poured? There were three other groups within the dining room while we were dining. The group of five took out there I phone and started playing explicit Utube videos loud enough to hear from the opposite side of the dining room. All of the employees chose to act like it wasn't happening. Im not uptight and ill drink a whiskey in a hole, but I thought I was treating my wife to a $300 fine dining experience not a $300 dinner at Sizzler.Special Features:
- Awesome EatsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/26/2014The food was excellent! Best steak and lobster we ever had. The desert was amazing too! We had the creme brûlée. Nothing but good things to say about this place. The staff is excellent as well. We will defintely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/24/2014Took my wife there for our anniversary. The staff was great and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014Customer service was excellent I had a reservation for 7:15pm and we got there at 6:55 and we were sat at our table fast. The good was awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall happylilgipprDined on 6/20/2014We really enjoy NY Grill whenever we dine there. We recommend it to friends who are looking for good food at responsible prices, if you're looking for something above the average. My only disappointment was that I noted that it was my husband's birthday but nothing was done about it.Special Features:
- New York GrillDaddyDayOutDined on 6/14/2014I made reservations online. My party was seated promptly in a booth as requested. Luis or Server was very professional and polite. My veal selection didn't state it had the bone-in if I recall correctly. Steak was pretty good though. My party liked the ambience and look. I suggest a larger selection of non alcoholic drinks. Not a fan of the strawberry lemonade flavor. I would/will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time and we'll be back!ProducerGuyDined on 6/10/2014My wife and I celebrated our 42nd anniversary here, and it being our first time dining at this restaurant we were hoping the food, service and ambiance would not disappoint. I'm happy to report that we were more than pleased on all accounts and will probably be celebrating our 43rd at New York Grill next year. Cheers!Special Features: