New Town Bistro & Bar
420 Jonestown Rd
Winston-Salem, NC 27104Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
New Town Bistro & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.newtownbistro.com/
- Phone: 3366598062
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from New Town Bistro & Bar
A fun place to meet and make new friends. We change our menu every month to take advantage of the freshest seasonal ingredients, offering many new and exciting menu items for our guests to choose from. New Town Bistro strives to keep itself on the cutting edge. We are always ready to customize or handle any special requests that our guests may require. Come see us today, and enjoy one of the greatest dining experiences available in the Triad! So, whether you are in the mood for our Molasses Rubbed Filet, Cedar Planked Salmon, Creative Pastas, Vegetarian Dishes or just a Sandwich, come down to the neighborhood’s favorite, New Town Bistro.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
New Town Bistro & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since May 18, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (4)special occasion (3)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (3)romantic (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)good for groups (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- very nicepatraphunkDined on 8/3/2014I really enjoyed my crab omelet. It was everything and moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fathers day lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2014We had to change our count from 4 to 5, but the matre was able to accommodate us ok. Serviice and food were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh, Local Food SelectionMomontheEdgeDined on 6/14/2014Salmon with local veggies was excellent. Picky 12 year old loved cheeseburger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 36 reviews are from the New Town Bistro & Bar reviews archive.
- Don't judge a book by it's cover...Stox74VIPDined on 5/17/2014Despite a less than appealing location in a strip mall behind a gas station, this is a good spot. Excellent food. It's obvious they use fresh and high quality ingredients. Service was terrific. Server was attentive and knowledgable. Manager or owner came over twice during our meal to ask if everything was to our liking and brought additional pita for the delicious hummus small plate without us asking for it. Solid wine list at various price points. The only suggestions I would make would be to ditch the plastic table cover and the cheesy diner type menus. I would gladly go back. Try this place. Don't judge it by the gym and vitamin store next door.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014We had an AMAZING meal with great service. Even with a large party of 11 our server was always there when we needed a refill, and our food came out piping hot and delicious. The Gumbo omelet was a big hit, as was the classic Eggs Benedict. We'll be back!Special Features:
- NC DinerVisitorFromWSDined on 2/25/2014Restaurant is conveniently located right off the US 421. It was a weeknight, so not really busy. Lighting was dimmed, but I wouldn't consider this a place to go for a romantic dinner as the seating is fairly open and I imagine the noise level increases as it gets busier. Decent wine list, we had a Pinot Noir which was nice. I had one of their specials which was tasty, but the dessert was superb. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, but not specialDisappointedBirthdayGuyDined on 2/22/2014My wife enjoyed the experience better than I. To me, it was not worth the price of the meals. The food WAS good, and our waitress was very knowledgeable on the menu and wine list.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Music was a little loud. HardchickenczarDined on 2/15/2014Music was a little loud. Hard to have a conversation across the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten Free MenuBankerBobDined on 12/31/2013This is the only restaurant that I am aware of in WS that actually has a separate gluten free menu. Food was good service was okay. Will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love it!llvoncanDined on 12/26/2013We go to this restaurant for our Special Occasions. If it were closer to home, we'd go more often. It's our special restaurant. Our two older boys love it as well, though my husband and I have gone as a couple too. You are always immediately seated, your waitstaff treats you as an honored guest and the food is always delicious and varied. I have never had one complaint about anything concerning this restaurant. (and for me, that is a small minority of restaurants)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try this place!FoodieGSODined on 12/17/2013You won't be disappointed. Flavorful food and good service makes for a nice experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food and martini selectionfirsttimersDined on 8/10/2013We arrived early and were seated promptly. The menu offered a good variety of comfort with pizzaz. Serving size was appropriate. Martini menu was nice. I ordered a drink and found it did not suit me. The server returned it, and offered another that was more to my liking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The most difficult aspectroberhartVIPDined on 7/24/2013The most difficult aspect of dining at New Town is choosing your entree - there are always 4-5 on the menu that I want, so I just have to pick one and promise to go another direction next time. I do know that the menu will be changing soon, but I am also certain it will only change the items, but not the dilemma. The wine list is good, as they have their standard wines, but they normally have a few specials that work well when you want to try something different (the specials you typically won't find anywhere else, and thy are usually price friendly).Special Features:
- Food was excellent. ServicenewbieDined on 6/2/2013Food was excellent. Service was very friendly and efficient. Staff overall was very outgoing. We definitely will go back. We went for Sunday Brunch - would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love New Townk2kenneyDined on 5/25/2013This is one of our favorite go-to's! Take advantage of being in their referral program for promotions tied to your anniversary and birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2013This was our first visit to New Town Bristro and we were not disappointed. Our meal was very good and the service was exceptional. The menu has plenty of options for any taste and there were additional chef's specials from which to choose. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- Great Sunday brunch, try theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/21/2013Great Sunday brunch, try the Sweet Potato Pancakes.Special Features:
- I would recommend New TownOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/24/2013I would recommend New Town for the area that it is in. The sweet potato pancakes were wonderful; everything else was just ok.
- wonderful experience!sparkeeVIPDined on 3/19/2013What a delighful find in the winston-salem area. The host/owner was especially hospitable. The wine list was very good, even having half-bottles on it of decent wine!! The menu was varied and all items we ordered were delicious. Thank-you new bistro for your hospitality and thank-you open table for having them be a member. We will be sure to visit again on any return trips to Winston- Salem.Special Features:
- Have eaten here on numerousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Have eaten here on numerous occasions and this restaurant never fails to deliver consistently good food and service.Special Features:
- It was very dark, noisy, andOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/14/2013It was very dark, noisy, and the waitress acted like we were the very last priority on her list. We will NEVER go back there again!!!!
- Forsyth Family Practice lovesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/19/2012Forsyth Family Practice loves New Town Bistro the food is so delicious and the atmosphere is relaxing. We will continue our tradition every year.
- This was our first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/7/2012This was our first visit to the restaurant. My wife and I enjoyed our meals. The server was attentive, but not overly intrusive. The only black mark is the cooking oder that was strong enough to linger on our clothing. I presume they had an issue with their ventilation system and the problem will be addressed soon.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/29/2012I really liked this restaurant. We had not been there in a couple of years. I especially like the variety of choice on the menu. Interesting food influenced by different cultures along with comfort food and bistro mainstays. It was difficult to choose as there was much i wanted to try. Our server was very helpful and accomodating . The live music was very nice.Special Features:
- Food was disappointing. NotWSTravelerDined on 11/10/2012Food was disappointing. Not bad, just nothing memorable or special. Subtlety missing in all dishes. Vegetables overwhelmed by spices and add ins.Special Features:
- Good, reliable place to eat.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/7/2012Good, reliable place to eat. Staff always accomodating to make a visit worthwhile.Special Features:
- New Town Bistro & Bar is aMagoodnessDined on 10/18/2012New Town Bistro & Bar is a neighborhood gem. They have a quaint courtyard where we have enjoyed many sun filled mornings with a great brunch. The service is super, always personable and cordial. We celebrated our 21 anniversary there and had a very good experience!Special Features:
- We had a large party of 15OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/29/2012We had a large party of 15 during Family weekend at Wake Forest and it was a very good overall experience with something for everyone including great desserts. Will visit again on future trips to Winston SalemSpecial Features:
- It is a good placeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/9/2012The food was good and the prices reasonable. With other places in Winston-Salem, we will return if we get another discount coupon. We will explore other options and eat at our favorites in the meantime.
- Excellent find. Very friendlyTBoneVIPDined on 7/14/2012Excellent find. Very friendly people with fabulous foodSpecial Features:
- Hidden TreasuremraverageDined on 2/14/2012We had a wonderful Valentine's Day dinner from an excellent fixed-priced menu - four courses with a glass of wine for about $80 for the two of us. Every bite was outstanding - the "shared appetizer" was a plate loaded with several different items, all of which were quite good. The filet mignon was delicious as was the grouper my wife ordered, and the dessert tray held a wide variety of tasty treats. NTB is sort of hidden away in a strip mall and getting in and out isn't always easy, but it's well worth it. DO NOT fail to give this restaurant a try - you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- The food was fantastic. TheKateDined on 2/11/2012The food was fantastic. The service was not. Our waitress was great through ordering our entrees, but we didn't see her again until we were ready to order dessert. The guy who brought our food promised us more rolls & pepper... and we never saw him again. We didn't get our water refilled at all. The manager, when we flagged him down, just told us that our waitress had a difficult table. And walked away. He did come back, but just to offer us a coupon for "next time." (The waitress was the one - later - who offered to comp our dessert.) Yeah - we left that coupon with the check. Despite the food, there won't be a next time.
- Folks, The food was good,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/13/2012Folks, The food was good, but too expensive, for 5 of us, the bill was $156! We choose not to afored that again. The restaurant has too many tables croweded into the space, making it uncomfortable and too loud. Also, were we sat, it was so dark you could hardly read the menus.
- Not worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/13/2011We were visiting Winston-Salem from out of town (Washington, DC). The restaurant failed on several fronts. The dishes that arrived did not meet the expectations set by the menus descriptions. The overall food quality was not on par with the pricing. We were served wine in a glass that had a large lipstick smudge on it and upon replacement, no apology was offered. Finally, for $20+ per entree, I would think the service staff would be appropriately attired rather than serving in a t-shirt and jeans. Overall very disappointed and would NOT recommend.
- Very nice casual bar/restaurant.jilleDined on 9/16/2011Very nice casual bar/restaurant. Good variety of food selection. We especially loved our Brie Appetizer and Baked Banana Dessert. Ask to get vanilla ice cream w/ dessert, then it would be over the top.Special Features:
- Food is fresh and creative.WaldVIPDined on 8/26/2011Food is fresh and creative. Service is great. New Town Bistro is a reliably good place for dinner.
- Because the restaurant sitsChampDined on 8/17/2011Because the restaurant sits in a shopping center very close to the highway interchange, one must either know the neighborhood or u-turn/navigate reverse travel to get to it. Not a problem, just an explanation. The folks are very friendly; the bar is pretty active; and the food is well prepared.Special Features:
- We held a luncheon meetingTuckedawayDined on 7/6/2011We held a luncheon meeting at New Town. The size of our group was perfect for their private front dining room. The service was excellent, and everyone enjoyed their luncheon selections. It was a great meeting venu.Special Features:
- New Town is currently offeringTuckedawayDined on 6/7/2011New Town is currently offering lobster on Tuesday night. It was excellent, and very reasonable. We enjoy New Town for many occasions, day, night and weekend.Special Features: