New Sheridan Chop House
233 West Colorado Avenue
Telluride, CO 81435Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
New Sheridan Chop House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.newsheridan.com/
- Phone: 9707289100
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dinner Nightly: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private dining room that can seat up to 20 people.
- Private Party Contact: Cory Widau 9707289100
- Entertainment: Check out our Historic Bar next door for late night action!
- Cross Street: Oak Street
- Public Transit: From Gondola Station: Walk straight up Oak Street through Elks park and we are straight ahead, right next to the clock tower. Galloping Goose Bus Station: We are 20 feet from the Courthouse Galloping Goose bus stop. Galloping Goose Bus Station: We are 20 feet from the Courthouse Galloping Goose bus stop.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Free street parking after 6:00pm.
A word from New Sheridan Chop House
A lively main street steak house offering a selection of the worlds finest steaks, eclectic fresh seafood and daily specials. Executive Chef Erich Owen focuses on the highest quality local ingredients prepared with French technique and American flair. Paired with an award winning wine list, the New Sheridan Chop House is sure to please the most discriminating palates. 970-728-9100 www.newsheridan.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
New Sheridan Chop House - Best Restaurants in Telluride ›
New Sheridan Chop House reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since April 1 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (15)notable wine list (11)romantic (10)neighborhood gem (9)fit for foodies (8)hot spot (8)good for groups (6)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (5)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Always GoodBette55VIPDined on 7/16/2014It's a very consistent menu so you know what you're going to get before you walk in. The wine list is wonderful and most of the food is very tastily prepared. My only complaint is that for a restaurant that reaches into the stratosphere of priciness, the service is somewhat off-handed and indifferent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SkierSkierDined on 7/4/2014What can we say? Fabulous food, service and ambiance. It is so hard to get into because it is so popular, but well worth waiting to get in!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried to give it a 2nd chance.js2236VIPDined on 7/2/2014We decided to finally go back to New Sheridan after a disappointing experience last time, but unfortunately, this time wasn't much better. I will say that the food is very good, unfortunately the service is where this restaurant is lacking. The service is very slow and inattentive. We were seated outside, which we requested, and ordered a drink from the bar. Well, 25 minutes later after not having anyone come to our table or bring us our drinks, I went in to find out what happened. The manager apologized and the sent someone to our table right away. The service quickly improved and the food was very good but our initial experience was hard to overcome. Sorry New Sheridan Chop House, we have given you 2 chances and neither one impressed us.Special Features:
- New Sheridan Chop HouseHottubGirlDined on 6/22/2014This was our 2nd time dining at this restaurant and it won't be our last. The food was wonderful, wine list extensive, and the service fantastic. Highly recommend for dinner and special occasions but also nice bar atmosphere.Special Features:
- Perfect for 30th Anniversary DinnerNoyesFamDined on 6/15/2014Beautiful restaurant in the historic New Sheridan hotel- a special treat to celebrate Father's Day and our 30th anniversary--- and lived up to our expectations. We were seated at a corner table for two in the window over looking the outdoor dinning. Our waiter, Travers, was attentive but not overly friendly, which we prefer. Although he wasn't that knowledgeable about the wine we were interested in, he consulted with someone else who picked out a Seghisio Zinfandel, which was perfect with my husband's bone in rib-eye. (However, we thought it a bit odd that one had to pay extra for the sauce to go with one's steak!) I had a black bass which was outstanding. While this is may be a splurge, for most, it is worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant was closedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/12/2014The restaurant was closed for the season. Why was I allowed to make a reservation for a restaurant that was not open?I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chop House SteaksnotafoodieDined on 4/3/2014Always prepared perfectly. Great staff , very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistent MusselsPrincessFionaDined on 4/3/2014Always consistent Mussels were outstanding! From beginning to end it was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 266 reviews are from the New Sheridan Chop House reviews archive.
- Deserves the hypeDollyVIPDined on 3/11/2014They hit it just right for my party of 4! All good. Nice telluride experience.Special Features:
- a classicHGElliotVIPDined on 3/8/2014worth a visit any time you're in T Ride- perf for a special night out!Special Features:
- Not worth the pricearcheplanDined on 3/8/2014Table not ready on time. Wine overpriced. Poor service.Special Features:
- Americana gem...WildOrchidDined on 3/8/2014We ate in the Americana room and had a fantastic meal. We all swooned over the piping hot sourdough bread and butter. The salads were nicely dressed and very fresh. The filet and bone-in ribeye steaks were perfectly cooked and the sides, brussels and corn casserole, were very tasty. The horseradish sauce was nicely spiced. We'll become regulars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sheridan Chop HouseHottubGirlDined on 3/6/2014Despite many trips to Telluride, this was the first time dining at the Chop House and it did not disappoint. The steaks were fabulous. Probably the best meal we had the entire trip!Special Features:
- Best filet ever!FoodloverVIPDined on 3/6/2014Food is top quality. Johnny was a fantastic waiter!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chop House DinnernotafoodieDined on 3/5/2014The New Sheridan Chop House always does a great job of preparing steaks as requested. The Turn of the Century Charm is authentic and the staff is Always friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wildly expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/5/2014This restaurant has increased its prices with a decrease in food quality since we have been coming here over the past couple years. Everything is a la carte. A 4 oz filet mignon is $49 just for the meat alone. Not worth it!
- Telluride GemBigDDined on 3/3/2014My husband and I are not steak house devotees, but did not want to miss this wonderfully colorful old hotel restaurant. It truly lives up to its fame and I would recommend the experience. We actually had to send our steak back because it was quite gristly, but there was no question from our waiter and we were delivered another promptly that was good. The wait staff is excellent and the busy atmosphere is contagious!Special Features:
- Best restaurant in town!EatSleepFlyDined on 3/2/2014The hostess kindly accommodated us with a corner table near the window. The place was bustling with small and large groups, all having a great time. Our waiter was adorable, friendly and efficient. He kept us updated on the Oscar results throughout our stay. The sea scallops were the best I've had and the elk loin was fabulous! Al followed by a lovely cheese course. My friend and I agreed that in the four nights that we dined at "the best" restaurants in Telluride, the Chop House stood head and shoulders above the rest...exceeded all in service, ambiance and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only downtown Steakhouse.DownhomeDinningDined on 2/26/2014Only downtown Steakhouse. The food, service was good but not great for the price. The dining room area was very nice however the tables were very close together.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday NightDakotaDined on 2/21/2014Have eaten here many times, but attention to detail was missing. Forgot to send the appetizer. Steaks were all cooked the same no matter how they were ordered. The waiter although pleasant, was to busy having conversations at other tables rather than focusing on his job.Special Features:
- Tracy's birthdayWoodyDined on 2/12/2014Tracy had the filet which came highly recommended and it proved worthy of mention. I opted for the buffalo ribeye loin while cooked to perfection it was quite tough for my palette. I switched my buffalo for the New York strip which turned out extremely well. The proteins pared well with a Willamette valley Pino Noir.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No moreCreteDined on 2/7/2014This restaurant was a "must visit" for me anytime that I visit Telluride since my first trip there. Now 6 visits later, not so much. My very first experience with this restaurant was outstanding, but the food and service degraded over the last two years in my opinion. Most recently, the $50 "special" dry aged bone in New York strip was one of the worst cuts of meat I've had at any steakhouse ( Outback included). Service was poor....an overall disappointing experience for a former fan and advocate. Never againSpecial Features:
- A Telluride Favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/24/2014The place to be - always consistently good. Ray Farnsworth makes sure the place runs flawlessly.Special Features:
- Amazing!RubaVIPDined on 1/13/2014Our party of four was seated in a booth as requested on Open Table. Our waiter was awesome, our food so very good-my favorite place in Telluride! I always get mussels here and am never disappointed! Kale salad was quite tasty. My companions had the steak and enjoyed it very much! Instead if dessert I had a cocktail - Flatliner-very yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!JennDined on 1/11/2014We had an amazing experience. Wonderful food, excellent service, and fantastic ambiance. We will be back!Special Features:
- Fantastic restaurant, fabulousDynamoDined on 1/1/2014Fantastic restaurant, fabulous food, great ambience, love the white table cloths, candles. Service is friendly and professional, easy to have a conversation without fighting music or bar noise. Tables next to windows are chilly (ladies, bring a wrap or keep your coat with you) . Avoid the first booth on the left - very tight and hazardous - bus boys use the pony wall that wraps around the booth as their bus station. We were soaked when he hastily put down his water jug on top of it. Won't deter us from eating there again-just avoid that booth!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome steaks, okay otherwiseCamDVIPDined on 12/30/2013Everyone's steaks were great but the sides (creamed spinach, mac & cheese, and asparagus) were average to disappointing and lacked flavor. A great vibe in the place and a great spot in Telluride, but stick to the steaks!
- Need improvements on food timingSandy2012Dined on 12/28/2013Yes, it's a busy time of the year in town. But, we got there at 5:30 to avoid the crowd. Service was slow and our expensive steaks arrived at our table luke warm. Our sides were not hot either. Sent the food back to get heated up. Ended up waiting 15 minutes. I don't know if the kitchen was short handed or no one was coordinating the food delivery. We have eaten here several times and it is usually very good.Special Features:
- A Telluride ClassicAlpinefoodieDined on 12/23/2013The New Sheridan is a Telluride classic. Start with a very welcoming bar. Move onto an efficient and savvy maître D. We then found the menu, wait staff and food top notch. We always look forward to visiting and never disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/21/2013Always a good quality meal and great service. Pricey, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usualmikeDined on 12/14/2013Everything was great/!!!!!! From service to wonderful food.Special Features:
- Our server dissed usSnubbedDined on 12/14/2013Server was very rude and condescending. We love Telluride for its relaxed and friendly atmosphere. People are so nice in Telluride but not at the Chop House. Plenty other great restaurants, don't waste your money here.
- Sheridan Chop HouseMiloDined on 12/6/2013Always the best food, exceptional service, top drawer wait staff. New menu selections compliment the tried and true selections. Can't say enough. Chop House is the BEST.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, poor serviceDenaDined on 10/10/2013The food was good, but the service was very poor for a restaurant of this caliber. They did not even keep our water glasses filled. Go to Allred's instead--the food is amazing, and the service is spectacular!
- A good time!EasylivinDined on 10/7/2013It was a great dinner with genuine and sincere people all around. The staff gives just the right amount of attention without being obtrusive. The table was beautiful, the attention to service was impeccable and the food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as usualmikeDined on 9/14/2013Food, wine and desserts A+ as usual. Our server, Johnny, again made it a very memorable evening with our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/12/2013We had a fantastic dinner at the New Sheridan Chop House. They gave us a very romantic private table, and the food and service were wonderful. We would definitely go back next time we're in Telluride. Delicious!Special Features:
- Outstanding (as usual)UWIS66Dined on 9/2/2013This is a GREAT restaurant. Outstanding in every way -- food, food presentation, menu choices, service, ambiance, etc. We always eat here when in Telluride.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening With FamilyRustyDined on 8/23/2013The food was outstanding. We are going back for another steak dinner Monday evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Special Occasion RestaurantRosieATXVIPDined on 8/22/2013New Sheridan Chop House was such an experience. The food is great, the drinks are strong and the wine list extensive. It is pretty pricey as well. My husband and I treated ourselves to dinner here on a recent vacation with our kids (the kids got a sitter) and it was a nice break. Our meals were excellent. We hope to visit again!Special Features: