New Sheridan Chop House
233 West Colorado Avenue
Telluride, CO 81435Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
New Sheridan Chop House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.newsheridan.com/
- Phone: (970) 728-9100
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dinner Nightly: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private dining room that can seat up to 20 people.
- Private Party Contact: Cory Widau 9707289100
- Entertainment: Check out our Historic Bar next door for late night action!
- Cross Street: Oak Street
- Public Transit: From Gondola Station: Walk straight up Oak Street through Elks park and we are straight ahead, right next to the clock tower. Galloping Goose Bus Station: We are 20 feet from the Courthouse Galloping Goose bus stop. Galloping Goose Bus Station: We are 20 feet from the Courthouse Galloping Goose bus stop.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Free street parking after 6:00pm.
A word from New Sheridan Chop House
A lively main street steak house offering a selection of the worlds finest steaks, eclectic fresh seafood and daily specials. Executive Chef Erich Owen focuses on the highest quality local ingredients prepared with French technique and American flair. Paired with an award winning wine list, the New Sheridan Chop House is sure to please the most discriminating palates. 970-728-9100 www.newsheridan.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
New Sheridan Chop House - Best Restaurants in Telluride ›
New Sheridan Chop House reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (16)special occasion (16)fit for foodies (16)notable wine list (11)hot spot (11)neighborhood gem (11)vibrant bar scene (10)great for lunch (9)great for outdoor dining (9)great for brunch (9)scenic view (8)good for groups (8)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (2)Show More
- Good place for a steak indbtxDined on 3/13/2013Good place for a steak in a historical building but probably not much else considering the price and other options in town.Special Features:
- Over the years this restaurantCTHallVIPDined on 3/11/2013Over the years this restaurant has just gotten better and better. Now one of our very favorites in Telluride.Special Features:
- best steaks in town and bySummerVIPDined on 3/5/2013best steaks in town and by far the best service of all Tellurige restaurantsSpecial Features:
- okay, but we expected betterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/24/2013Overall dinner was good, but I expected it to be excellent. The steaks we ordered were tender, but not very juicy. Over-priced for just average quality dinner. We will probably not return.
- The Maitre D was snobby andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/23/2013The Maitre D was snobby and condescending but otherwise the service was great.Special Features:
- Best steak in Telluride.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/22/2013Best steak in Telluride. Excellent service. Cozy atmosphere . Feeling of old time hotel . All dishes tried during our dinner were delectable and excellently prepared .Special Features:
- Eat here every year on vacation,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/22/2013Eat here every year on vacation, and first time it wasn't perfect. All of our steaks were undercooked. Sent one back and still wasn't done correctly. Everything else was great.
- Amazing experience!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/17/2013We haven't dined at the New Sheridan for over 17 years and never made time to dine there through the years. A steaks a steak, right? Well, no it's not- not if you are the New Sheridan Chop House. The food was simply outstanding. We couldn't decide who chose the best dishes! Incredible mussels, delicious duck confit spring rolls, perfectly prepared filet mignon- all so great! Our server Johnny was also amazing- he really made our meal even more enjoyable. He had a zest for the food he served and was so eager to please. A true professional. He just added to the overall great experience. We can't wait to return next year and enjoy another wonderful meal!! Did I forget to mention the delectable pumpkin cheesecake??Special Features:
- We have been coming for manyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/12/2013We have been coming for many years! Once every time we stay in Telluride However we were disappointed to see that it seems to be getting more expensive with smaller portions. Smaller red meat and three asparagus in the side order...Special Features:
- The best in TellurideOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/11/2013We stayed at the New Sheridan hotel for our snowboarding trip (7 days), and booked all the best restaurants for our stay. The Chop House was will stay on top of our list for our next stay in Telluride. The food was perfect and the wine list offers a wide range of choices. Just be sure to reserve early... after our 1st dinner there we wanted to go back later in the week and there was no availability... We'll book before getting there for at least 2 dinner next time :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again the Chop housebbb1957VIPDined on 2/1/2013Once again the Chop house shines. Food impeccable , Rib eye bison that a companion had and I tasted the best, while my filet was perfect. If there is any complaint is that the staff is a little too formal in this casual mountain town, but the Sheridan is not for a casual night out for most people.Special Features:
- Unfortunately we were seatedpapmdVIPDined on 1/25/2013Unfortunately we were seated next to a loud group of 6 wh would not moderat their voices. Maybe a bouncer? Food was good Don't worry we will try againSpecial Features:
- Lovely restaurant, remindingNickyVIPDined on 1/7/2013Lovely restaurant, reminding one of the Old West. Service was wonderful. Variety of selections on the menu, which was great.
- As always, the service andRisingstockDined on 1/2/2013As always, the service and food were outstanding. You can not go wrong with anything on the menu.
- We eat at the new sheridanOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/30/2012We eat at the new sheridan every year on our christmas holiday and the service and food are always excellent. The wine list is exceptional!! We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- The food was outstanding.LizzieDined on 12/30/2012The food was outstanding. The only disappointing aspect was that they ran out of 4 menu items very early in the evening, by 5:30 pm. The food that we did order, however, was great.Special Features:
- The steak was great, but serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/26/2012The steak was great, but service was awful. It took nearly 2 hours from the time we were seated to get a steak. Staff would not check to see if we needed a new drink during this period. The steak was great, but sides were cold. I would not recommend this resturant....there are far better places to dine in Telluride.
- After spending a week in Telluride,Wineluv3VIPDined on 12/26/2012After spending a week in Telluride, and dining at 7 different restaurants, the New Sheridan Chop house was our "least favorite". While we found the service to be borderline good, our server couldn't have acted less enthusiastic and knew absolutely nothing about wine! I ordered a Roasted Beet Salad and am convinced the "roasted beets" had come out of a can; compliments of Delmonte! This salad had absolutely nothing going on! My wife & daughter ordered the flavorless French Onion Soup and my daughter's medium rare hamburger came out well done. I ordered the expensive Dry Aged Bison Ribeye and it tasted like shoe leather(Try the Bison @ 221 S. Oak!). The only dish we enjoyed was the sauteed Brussels Sprout side dish. What a disappointment!
- Excellent evening---if weOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/25/2012Excellent evening---if we could have given a rating of 4.5 we would have. The service was outstanding---attentive (but not overly so) and friendly. The food was excellent, although we were a little disappointed in the appetizers--mushroom soup was a little "dense" versus creamy and the tempura were lacking an Asian flair--more simply fried. The steaks were outstanding, as was the salmon. Desserts were unnecessary (!!), but disappeared in a hurry. We would definitely go back to the Sheridan Chop House.Special Features:
- Great experience. Had thebillqDined on 12/25/2012Great experience. Had the Bison steak and it was great. Hostess and service staff were great. Prices were expensive but you expect that and get what you pay for. All in all a great experience on Christmas night.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/24/2012For a restaurant that is suppose to be known for its great meat...steak was extremely tough...not what one would expect for a $40 price. Presentation of meal was dismal. A big slab of meat on a white plate! I think a small side vegetable or starch would make the diner feel like the entree they had ordered was special. Will not return.
- We have been here numerousKringrosVIPDined on 12/21/2012We have been here numerous time and the food was always excellent. The appetizers were great although my bison ribeye was tough with very strong gamey flavors. I have bad the ribeye before and it was great.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/23/2012Everything was excellent from appetizer to main course!Special Features:
- I am not one to write theseMichaelDined on 9/23/2012I am not one to write these and complain, but I have to speak-up. My wife and I went to the New Sheridan after locals told us it was excellent. We were excited for some fine dining. Unfortunately, it was anything but fine. The server was rude and acted like she was doing us a favor to wait on us. When the food came it was horrible! When I pay $43.00 dollars for a steak, I expect excellence, it was perhaps the worst tasting meal I ever had. I ordered the truffle fries and they were dry and medium warm. On the side was a clove of garlic, unsuitable for spread. Not sure what the locals were raving about, perhaps too little choice. Do yourself a favor, save your money and time and avoid this place
- This was our first time toOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/22/2012This was our first time to Telluride and stayed at the New Sheridan hotel. The dinner at the New Sheridan chop house was fabulous. Food was great - the bison ribeye was excellent! Outstanding service and fabulous wine and beer lists. Will definitely come back.Special Features:
- We were expecting a littleGregwVIPDined on 9/14/2012We were expecting a little more, and while we liked our server enough, he wasn't the most attentive. Also, I had to ask for salt and pepper. Once brought, the bottom of the salt shaker fell off, spilling salt all over my plate (ruining my steak), and my pants and shoes. When I told the waiter, he told me "oh, that salt shaker did the same thing last night." Really?? I didn't make a big deal about it, in part because I was already full, but he should have offered to do something, anything, about it. We'd probably go back when in Telluride, but only because of the ambiance and the fact that there aren't a ton of other options there.Special Features:
- Great old historic venue.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2012Great old historic venue. Steaks for okay but not outstanding. Quite pricey. Service was warm and friendly.Special Features:
- The sirloin steak dinner andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2012The sirloin steak dinner and the scallops dinner were both excellent. The service was outstanding. The wine list had a large selection of excellent wines. The sommelier's wine recommendation was very helpful. We would highly recommend The New Sheridan Chop House.Special Features:
- Slackers in fancy outfitsFoodieVIPDined on 8/18/2012Possibly the worst service ever. We were seated and then ignored for the next 15 minutes even though only 1/4 of the table were full and servers were standing around chatting by the bar. Servers walked by without eye contact. Finally I flagged someone down and told them we didn't have a server. She looked perplexed, went and told a group of people and they all looked at us, perplexed. Then, halfway though our dinner, our server was mysteriously replaced by a different waiter. Needless to say, the tip was minimal, and although the food was good, we have no plans to go back anytime soon.Special Features:
- Can be a little noisy someSvenDined on 8/4/2012Can be a little noisy some weekends evenings early.Special Features:
- Our dinner for two was fabulous.dinerDined on 7/31/2012Our dinner for two was fabulous. The wait-staff were attentive without being over-bearing, the food was excellent, and the wines were sumptuous. It is a historic destination that you must visit (even if it is just the bar) during your visit to Telluride.Special Features:
- Lackluster dining for the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2012I had the dry-aged buffalo ribeye with brulee creamed corned and brussel sprouts + bacon. My mom had the pasta with cream sauce and mushrooms. Both were just so-so in my opinion. I found the steak underseasoned and tough, and the bernaise sauce was watered down. The creamed corn was unidimensional and overly sweet, and the brussels were underflavored (tossing bacon on top doesn't fix everything). The pasta was OK, but not memorable. Did really like the wine list though.Special Features:
- Telluride FavoritechowVIPDined on 7/28/2012One of our favorites in Telluride and still holding the line with high quality in all areas.Special Features:
- Simply the best in Telluridebbb1957VIPDined on 7/27/2012AS always an outstanding dinner with great food and service, Simply the best in Telluride.Special Features:
- The Sheridan Chop house isOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/27/2012The Sheridan Chop house is part of the New Sheridan Hotel. The atmosphere is very pleasant and the food is creative and nicely prepared.Special Features:
- My husband thought the filetOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/27/2012My husband thought the filet was the best he had ever had, and we enjoyed the overall dinner. I wasn't super hungry, so I ordered the soup and salad. The soup desperately needed seasoning, but after adding some salt and pepper, it was good. Telluride in general is pretty snobby, but for a nicer, upscale restaurant, the staff was really nice and were friendly to our 2 little boys that came with us. Can't say that for the rest of the town. We initially were going to go for brunch ( we heard it is super good also) since we had our boys with us, but glad we took the chance for dinner with the kiddos. The restaurant itself is very old school fancy, so it would be great for entertaining clients or nice for a date night.Special Features:
- Best steak in TellurideOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/25/2012We ate here 3 times on our trip to Telluride and it was by far our best meal in town and all the restaurants are pretty good. We love the little table in the front by the window...great people watching place. We tried all the steaks and all were superb.Special Features:
- Excellent meal. The steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/14/2012Excellent meal. The steaks are fabulous as well as the garlic!
- Truly the gem of Telluride;Di25VIPDined on 7/9/2012Truly the gem of Telluride; Everything is always delicious and the specials are a real bonus. The calamari appetizer in curry with shishido peppers was heavenly!Special Features:
- BAD LOUD INAPPROPRIATE HEAVYOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/22/2012BAD LOUD INAPPROPRIATE HEAVY METAL MUSIC WAY TOO LOUD