New Ganges Restaurant
775 Frederick Street
San Francisco, CA 94117Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
New Ganges Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.newganges.com/
- Phone: (415) 681-4355
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian, Indian, Vegan
- Executive Chef: Farah
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Delivery, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout
- Catering: We cater for private parties, corporate lunch, weddings, or any kind of get together, etc. Birthday cake orders are also accepted with your choice of flavor and name. Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a special party room available which can be reserved and decorated per your request. The room is perfect for a group of 10 or more with seating arrangements on the comfortable floor cushions.
- Private Party Contact: Aftab 4157970144
- Entertainment: Light music available.
- Cross Street: Arguillo
- Public Transit: Muni Bus line 71stops in front of the restaurant. Muni Metro N Judah is in 3 minutes of walking distance. We are 5 minutes walking distance from UCSF.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking is available and there is public parking near the Kezar Stadium. UCSF parking is also close by. Call us if you require help regarding the parking.
A word from New Ganges Restaurant
We may be the most experienced and authentic vegetarian restaurant in San Francisco. We are the winner of the VEGGIE COOK OFF and placed 1st position in the Bay Area. Home cooked taste is maintained by using only fresh food, no frozen food served here and by using healthy fresh spices and herbs in our cooking. Anything you don’t like, change your order as many times as you wish. After one bite or sip, you can send it back, if you don't enjoy the food, let your server know as we will do what it takes to make it right. We are STRICT on QUALITY as we use the world’s LONGEST BASMATI RICE. 80% of our food is vegan and we have special vegan deserts available too.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
New Ganges Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Like a delicious home cooked mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2012Great food.. In fact, really one of the best Indian meals I've had here. The owner is very engaged and involved and guarantees that you can turn anything away if it is subpar at all. The flavors and ingredients seem to be fresh. I would suggest ordering takeout or delivery from them though, since the restaurant does not have the best ambiance. Best way to say it - it's rough around the edges. Again, I wouldn't judge the food based on this but it's just a good-to-know.
- The pros: good home-cookedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/2/2012The pros: good home-cooked Indian vegetarian. Bananas cooked with fresh coconut and coriander are delicious. Easy to get a table. The cons: owner/host/waiter is weirdly intrusive, asking personal questions and grabbing our silverware to drizzle condiments onto our food. Parking is a challenge. Although the listed prices are reasonable, caution is advised as multiple $2 extras were added to the bill without explanation.
- Excellent food and very fresh.ItOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/5/2012Excellent food and very fresh.It tastes likes home cooked meals in India. The old man who serves is friendly in a very Indian kind of way, treats you like you were family. Ambience is very ordinary but if you are looking for very good Indian food I highly recommend. Hope they have the safe chef everyday.Special Features: