Nevin's Brewing Company
12337 South Route 59
Plainfield, IL 60585Neighborhood:
BreweryPrice: $30 and under
Nevin's Brewing Company
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nevinsbrewing.com/
- Phone: 8154363900x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday-Sunday 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday, Tuesday-Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Marcus Mooney
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: NBC offers customized catering menus. Choose from a wide variety of Cold and Hot Beginnings, Salads, Burgers, Entrees, Pizzas, Snacks & Desserts.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer one of the most distinctive nights out in town. Whether you are interested in a brewery tour and custom beer dinner, small gathering with friends, or a grand celebration, our top-notch event specialists will design the perfect event for your group.
- Private Party Contact: Vick Sahajpal 8154363900x
A word from Nevin's Brewing Company
Nevin's Brewing Company opened its doors in December 2012. Like all breweries, we use grain to make our beer. But unlike other breweries, we do not simply discard our used or "spent" grain. Instead, we deliver our spent grain to local farmers to use as feed for livestock and compost to enrich the soil for vegetables. We then, in turn, purchase this well-fed livestock and nutrient-rich vegetables to make our steaks, burgers, salads, side dishes and so many other items on our menu. Our goal is not only to bring you the freshest, most flavorful food and beer possible, but also to aim as high as we can for true sustainability.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nevin's Brewing Company reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (9)kid-friendly (4)fit for foodies (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for lunch (1)special occasion (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- WOWgivitatryDined on 10/11/2014Great place for fun food and easy talking atmosphere. We got an early start (5:30). Coversation was at an easy level. Appetizers were really good and generous portions for sharing. Pasta choice was extraordinary. Yumm!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NBC is PDQ!PugnaciousVIPDined on 9/21/2014Great food, great service and ever greater beer! Beer pairings with sandwiches and pizza really help cap off a stressful work day or fun weekend. You can opt to sit on the patio with heaters, inside the no-frills dining room or inside the boisterous bar - your choice. And, if it's game night just make sure you wear the right team jersey (da Bears is always appropriate, or da Hawks). The beer & cheese soup is my go-to comfort dish evening ordering 2nds on occasion (along with tater tots and a burger). Great place.Special Features:
- Saturday night special spotskalwaniDined on 8/16/2014This place has an amazing line up of local bands who perform a wide range of music (80s, classic rock, etc.) on the weekends. The atmosphere is great, huge place, lots of friendly local clientele. The food is very good and quite generous portions, staff are very accommodating and service is very good. It is definitely a spot I plan to visit as often as possible.Special Features:
- Always a spot availableskalwaniDined on 7/31/2014This place is huge. The food was good - had the hummus vegetarian burger. Liked it. They have a nice outdoor patio seating as well. Lots of TVs showing sports. Almost every day of the week they have specials going on. Have their own brewing on the premises.Special Features:
- NBC Chile & Beer SoupPugnaciousVIPDined on 7/9/2014If you want a great beer and a bowl of chili or a bowl of cheddar beer soup - you have to come to NBC. Burgers are great too and offer so much variety and choice. I love the BarleySmash burger with crispy onion straws and tater tots. Lots of comfort food to choose from in a casual settingSpecial Features:
- The following 90 reviews are from the Nevin's Brewing Company reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 5/23/2014terrible table layout and design. Service was SLOW. Food was below average bar food. Temperature inside restaurant was cold, and evening dining lighting was too brite. This one is off my OpenTable list.
- Jazzy NightTMS1960Dined on 4/28/2014They hosted our high school jazz band and it was very nice. Burgers were good and big selection of beer. Service good too. Great place to watch sports and for group functions. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Nevin's experiencetweetsDined on 4/4/2014Great restaurant to take a date or a group of friends. Excellent service mixed with a intriguing menu. For the adventurous beer drinker, the options are fantastic. Overall a marvelous experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservations Highly RecommendedLH171Dined on 4/3/2014This is a great spot to drop in, but even if it is 1/2 full, the staff will give you a hard time getting seated. They told us once that they had a big party coming in in 2 hrs and weren't sure we could be seated. Make reservations if possible because once you are seated the staff is great, food exceptional for burgers and such. We go here often, but rarely without reserving a table first.Special Features:
- Pub surprise!NancyDined on 3/17/2014Very large space. Not fancy - but very good food and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing eveningDaveDined on 3/8/2014I made reservations a month ahead and they even called to confirm what I wanted. Then we get there and they messed it up. We could not see the band because of the wrong seating so we were force to stand to see them and it was very crowded and my date is a little claustrophobic so after in the crowd for 30 mins we had to leave. They tried to be nice and buy us a round. but they lost business because we left early. Bottom line it was a disappointing evening. Noise Level I must put something in it yes it was loud but a band was playingSpecial Features:
- First Timetshiz1duvDined on 2/21/2014We had a good time. Friends had an easy time finding us. The beer pairings were spot on. Our hostess did not notice we needed a different seating arrangement, but the wait staff made accommodations for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, forgettable serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014It was Valentine's day so it was very busy; we seemed to be almost a bother to the waiter when we asked a few quick questions about the menu. I didn't have any real issues with the service, the food came out in a standard turn time and our drinks were pretty prompt as well, but he definitely want trying to wow us our anything. Are dinner we were surprisingly able to get a seat at the bar where they had a band playing. It was an overall good experience though and I'd likely go there again if it was a convenient option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor portion size for the moneySulzerTurboVIPDined on 2/10/2014Stay away from the monthly specials as they are way overpriced for what you get!Special Features:
- NBC Exceeding ExpectationsPugnaciousVIPDined on 2/1/2014Always consistent food and service which is a pleasure. Our group of 6 ordered soup / chili, burgers, nachos and sandwiches. Everything arrived hot and tasty. The new beer and cheese pairings are fun and tasty.Special Features:
- Great food in the neighborhoodSanFranciscoDiamondHghtsVIPDined on 1/18/2014The food here is very good. I had some of the tacos (highly recommend) and shared a pizza. Other people in the group had the grilled cheese (very tasty) and fish. You need to try some of their beers as this is quite tasty local brew. The dining room is a bit of a let down as its overly lit, and has TVs blaring everywhere, and has a bit of a cafeteria feel with the furniture. They have a huge bar area -- wish the TVs were kept in there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfort Food, Beer, Sports, MusicPugnaciousVIPDined on 1/13/2014Here's the best thing about going to Nevin's: Consistent goodness. Service is friendly, food is terrific and beer selection is perfect. Start off with a NBC (Nevin's Brewing Company) own brew, an ale or IPA. Then, a bowl of beer & cheese soup with it's velvet texture and just a kick of lager. Tator Tots are a must for any side (although my wife prefers the sweet potato fries). Every time I go, I want to try something different but the Barley Slam Burger is so good I usually don't order anything else. Cooked perfectly for me (just a hint of pink in middle) with Bleu Cheese, Bacon, onion crisps, lettuce, tomato and pickle... I'm in heaven. My wife opted for the Pastrami Sandwich on a pretzel roll with whole grain mustard: Terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Live band experienceRIP5164Dined on 12/28/2013We love the layout of the restaurant and bar. Very fun atmosphere and a lot of energy. All of the staff was very friendly and attentive. Definitely try the Firecracker Shrimp paired with a house brew. The stage position is great as there is not a bad seat in the house.Special Features:
- Come for Drinks and FriendshiphehldqDined on 11/16/2013Very energetic atmosphere. We made reservations (our first time at this restaurant), and wanted to hear the music. The bar area was packed, so we were glad to be sitting in the restaurant. The $8.00 pp cover charge was waived because we were going to order dinner. I ordered a steak and the other person ordered jambalaya. There was nothing noteworthy about each dinner with the exception of the broccoli served with the steak. It had some VERY SPICY HOT ingredient sprinkled all over it. Actually burned my mouth. TERRIBLE. The steak was mediocre. Music was advertised to start at 9:30. We were still there at 10:30 and the stage was empty. We left. Won't go back unless it's exclusively for drinks and late music. The server was attentive.Special Features:
- Fun Girls NightGFgirlDined on 10/18/2013Went here for a girls night out and to see a band play. Great craft beer selection including several Gluten Free options! Food was very good and again good Gluten Free options. FIRE CRACKER SHRIMP!!! Good experience, looking forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed opinionsHungry17Dined on 10/15/2013My husband & I wanted a quick meal, nothing fancy but nice atmosphere. Nevins has typical bar cuisine with a twist enough to make it interesting. I didn't like my selection but my husband said his was fine. Nevins has a separate dining room with sports tvs and well as a comfortable sports bar room with tvs, as you would expect. Nothing outstanding. A pleasant atmosphere. I thought it was the typical sports bar, nothing to draw me back; my husband liked it and would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nevin'sEdK8VIPDined on 10/14/2013The food is always good and there is a huge selection of beers. The firecraker shrimp is a terrific way to start the meal. The kids will enjoy the option to make their own pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's all about the beer & cheese!PugnaciousVIPDined on 10/13/2013One of the hardest choices when ordering is deciding on the starters. This visit we opted for the cheese fondue. Great selection of salami, sausage, breads, fruit (strawberry / apple), and bacon sticks. You can't go wrong with cheese dipped bacon! Soups to share included cheese (of course) and chili (well, not exactly soup but it serves the purpose). Burgers are great especially if you ask for a pretzel roll which is a great topper for a hearty burger w/cheese & bacon! Beer selection is terrific. Choose from a freshly brewed in-house variety or standard offerings on top / or bottles.Special Features:
- Just okMarbearDined on 10/5/2013Food we ordered was not what we expected from description on menu. Service was slow. Just went too see the band won't order food again :(Special Features:
- mac revolutionphcrnerDined on 10/4/2013I don't usually order Mac and Cheese, but this was awesome. Hubby's burger was good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the Cheesey Beer SoupPugnaciousVIPDined on 10/2/2013My wife & I get a bowl of chili and cheesy beer soup and swap mid-way through. Both are incredibly hardy and tasty soups to start out with. I'm on a mission to try every one of their hamburger concoctions paired with a lengthy beer list. But last time we saw the introduction of fondues and now I'm conflicted. The cheesy beer dip paired with bacon, bread, etc leaves me wondering if I'll break my hamburger mission next time and diverge into the fondue. Great service, pleasant wait staff and monitors all around to watch your favorite games.Special Features:
- Food was great. Beer was good.beanDined on 9/27/2013Food was great. Beer was good. We went on a Fri night and sat at one of the outdoor table fires. The hostess said she would let our server know we were there and they would be along to light the fire. Our server never came so another waitress noticed us. She was going to take our order and let our server know. We said that we wanted to keep her. She was great! (Amy). When she looked into getting the table lit she found out that there wasn't any propane available to light them. I think this is poor to not have the propane. We might have sat elsewhere had we known. We would have enjoyed the fire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst food I've had in a long time!Dee1412Dined on 9/20/2013I wouldn't go there even if the food was free! I haven't had such bad food in a long time at any restaurants/bars nearby! When you eat here,ad based on their food, quality & presentation! Visit a bar today, a place like Tilted kilt, or BWW who knows what to deliver as a bar food. Even a place like Tommy Nevin's (owned by same management) & Fox & Hound which isn't high in my books has far better food. The brew (Bock Door Man)was just ordinary, there's wasn't one thing from appetizers to any sandwiches we had that made me feel that I would want to come back here again! Folks, there are better places to go to then Nevin's brewing company, the place is huge and has potential... but they need to put their act together! The food is awful!Special Features:
- Good food great beerFreqdinerDined on 9/7/2013The beer was very good, very fresh and smooth. Hamburgers were cooked perfectly and with sweet potatoe fries, it was excellent. Husband had a beef sandwich with cheese on a sourdough bun. He said it was very good. We will be back for more beer and burgers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, Expensive drinks.Luv2eatDined on 8/29/2013Went on Thursday night, which is Karaoke night. We were excited to have a few drinks and listen to the music, but it was way too loud inside. We ended up sitting outside, which was really nice (until someone came out to smoke right next to us, there is a huge no smoking sign on the door to the outside), but it was even hard to hear each other out there. The food, we all had burgers and one friend had the salmon, which was "amazing according to the waitress.This is not the place to go for seafood. It was dry and the sides had little flavor. The burgers were good though. The drinks were way to expensive, we're talking Chicago prices. They cocktails especially were overpriced, tiny and tasted perfumy. Also be careful on weekends $8 cover.Special Features:
- Give this place a tryJohnDined on 8/17/2013Read the reviews and deliberately hit this place early so that there would not be a lot of people. Service was quick, craft beer was delicious, food was very good. Had a bit of a problem with something in the food but the manager happily comped one of the meals and added a dessert to go. Looking forward to returning to try out more of the menu.Special Features:
- BlahOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2013Service is poor, menu limited and food below average. Their beer is good though. Want to love the place but after two visits, I have concluded that it isn't going to happen.
- Nevin's BrewingEdK8VIPDined on 8/11/2013Nevin's was very enjoyable. The menu was extensive with many good options. The firecracker shrimp was a great way to start the meal. The beer cheese soup was very good. They have a huge beer menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/5/2013Was going to rain so we sat inside but the dinning room was to bright so we sat at the bar. Food was great! Bar tender kind of forgot about us for a while. He was not all that busy with customers but once he came back to us it was better. Over all looks and taste great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went to Nevins on SaturdayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/3/2013We went to Nevins on Saturday evening at 6:00 and were looking forward to sitting outside. The massive outdoor seating was closed for a private party that did not start until just before we were leaving 2 hours later. We could have come and gone before the party. The service was terrible; our server was nice, but we waited after we were seated for anyone to come by. Everything took so long and it was hard to get our server back when needed. The burgers and chicken sandwich were great! The beer was slightly less carbonated than would be expected. We will consider trying again months down the road to see if things have improved.
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/30/2013Great beer list. Impressive bourbon list. Food was good and good portions. Large eating area was bright and kinda loud.Special Features:
- Worst dining experienceMomsNightOutDined on 6/28/2013We made a reservation to have dinner with a couple of friends, and were sat at a high top table close to a room entrance. We asked to moved to one of the other open tables (anywhere), never mind the fact that we were surrounded by screaming children and families. A male host told us we were unable to be moved. As we watched more parties get sat at the more preferable tables, we decided we were going to leave. At this point, we had been "seated" for more than 15 minutes and nobody had come by to offer the last 2 of us even a drink, much less menus. It took another 10 minutes to flag down an employees to pay for the 2 drinks that were ordered prior to the full party arrival. Absolutely unacceptable.
- Wednesday eveningGreenV8Dined on 6/26/2013We went on a Wednesday evening and were sat in a room with a couple large groups and other tables about 3/4 full. There were a couple birthday celebrations with little kids running around and babies crying. While the birthday was for someone who was 30, I felt like I was in a Chucky Cheese. Service and the beer was good, while the food wasabout 3.5 stars.Special Features:
- Restaurant louder than the barAmyADined on 6/26/2013Food was okay, nothing special. Drinks were very expensive. That might features kareoke, which was held in the bar area of the facility, but the restaurant was just as noisy.Special Features:
- NEIGHBORHOOD BARDarshanaDined on 6/6/2013GOOD PLACE FOR NEIGHBORHOOD BAR. ONLY THING KAROKE NIGHT FELL ON BLACKHAWKS PLAYOFF. WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE TO JUST HAVE THE GAME ON INSTEAD.Special Features: